Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

player fishing equipment for shallow water (not deep sea fishing)

It might be because I'm not very far in the fishing experience yet and I don't have very many hooks
(just the six types of minnow) but I fail to see the difference between the three in different types I know that the shiny ones fall faster but other than that at least in my experience so far they don't seem to make a difference am I just missing something

I guess what I'm trying to ask is other than the bait ( because the game seemed to explain that rather well and I could tell when it was for.) what does all the other equipment do 

Answers

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    The Equipment Overview for all the equipment in the GGSWiki HERE
    The different rods are quite a way down.

The  Deep Sea area as whole is HERE

It is in  German but I get Google to auto translate
  • jules (US1)jules (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    The Equipment Overview for all the equipment in the GGSWiki HERE
    The different rods are quite a way down.

The  Deep Sea area as whole is HERE

It is in  German but I get Google to auto translate
    ( very helpful I'll look back to this when I get the deep sea unlocked I'm talking about fishing off the dock doing it myself with bait hooks reels rods lures lake house on your main farm you can catch bass and carp but in order to catch other fish there you need a bait)

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 27.11.2022
    @jules (US1)

You're right on the hooks, there's not a whole lot of difference (drop speed is one, also how close it has to be to a fish to get it to bite). I have everything in that area fully upgraded, but I still use the small minnow hooks when fishing manually.

Once I have caught all the fish that are on the top 1/4th in the water, I close the fishing area and re-open it. The fish will have changed position, and I again fish only the ones at the top, then repeat this. So, I don't need hooks that drop faster because I don't fish for the ones at the bottom of the pool, it saves me some cash (and time).

I haven't found much difference in the poles either, I still use the reed pole.

The fishing line and the reels though, for those I use the top of the line so I can fish without the line breaking or even turning red. This is just my opinion and my experience fishing manually, that those 2 are worth getting the better quality ones each time they're available.
    Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
  • jules (US1)jules (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    @jules (US1)

You're right on the hooks, there's not a whole lot of difference (drop speed is one, also how close it has to be to a fish to get it to bite). I have everything in that area fully upgraded, but I still use the small minnow hooks when fishing manually.

Once I have caught all the fish that are on the top 1/4th in the water, I close the fishing area and re-open it. The fish will have changed position, and I again fish only the ones at the top, then repeat this. So, I don't need hooks that drop faster because I don't fish for the ones at the bottom of the pool, it saves me some cash (and time).

I haven't found much difference in the poles either, I still use the reed pole.

The fishing line and the reels though, for those I use the top of the line so I can fish without the line breaking or even turning red. This is just my opinion and my experience fishing manually, that those 2 are worth getting the better quality ones each time they're available.
    In my experience, (just got more upgraded equipment) a stronger line usually makes it harder to snap by making the tension meter not fill as quickly depending on what fish you're catching. I want to say that the true effect of having a better pole is that they end up giving you the ability to have the fish on the line for longer by increasing the time that's on the timer. (Not entirely sure if the rod breaks every time that the timer runs out. I haven't tested it yet,) The reals, I think the reals make the rod for me. (As far as I can tell.) The higher quality the real the stronger the ability to reel in the fish, and that really helps for the stronger fish types out there, especially the ones that like to swim down and waste your time really the only thing that I don't see in the terms of what can be done is really simple I don't see much difference in the different type lure and what I wish I knew was I wish I knew if there was a way to affect how much your fish weighs or if that's completely random

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file