Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] Oktoberfest is finally back!

This is where we can discuss Oktoberfest is finally back!

Comments

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Sounds Fun, I can't wait for this to start, as Halloween is My favorite Holiday, :)
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    What is the 'Skip construction default' ?
    To 'skip construction' costs gold, a lot of it.
    Does that mean it will take our gold unless we tell it not to do so in a few seconds?

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    First of all put your gold lock on so you never accidentally spend gold

It means that  after this update if you want to skip construction, the shortest remaining construction time will be displayed every time, regardless of slot
  • shy90 (US1)shy90 (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    awesome
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    First of all put your gold lock on so you never accidentally spend gold

It means that  after this update if you want to skip construction, the shortest remaining construction time will be displayed every time, regardless of slot
    Thanks for this explanation @RosyStarling !!  :)   
    This worked the other day on a regular farm just as you explained, but it is not working on the candy farm.  I went to place another deco while 1 was still building, but it brought up the longer construction time as the option to skip, not the shorter one (as you can see in the shaded area, the other one only had 4 seconds left). Could it be they forgot to add in the temp farms on this?

That has been bugged now

Thanks Rosy!
    I have the lock on. I mostly use gold to upgrade my fertile fields these days.
    Unless I have remembered incorrectly, the cooperative village construction slot should let us upgrade the Ocktoberfest booths regardless of whether the main construction slot is being used at the same time. 
    Do I have that wrong?
    It won't let me upgrade any booths, because I am upgrading a cow barn on the main farm.

Hmmm, I don't recall being able to use the village construction slot, I thought it was always the regular slot

I'm sort of glad it's not the village one, because some of those village upgrades can get pretty long, and if anyone in the coop starts one, then no one in the coop would be able to upgrade their Oktoberfest buildings.

Who knows, maybe it used to be like you recall GrammaLeah, and they changed it because of this ... I have not always been active in this event, so my recollection about it isn't the best ;)
    Previously we could use both building slots to upgrade the stalls for Oktoberfest.

We have asked for confirmation if this is an intended change or a bug
    Thanks Rosy :)
  • fadedjean (US1)fadedjean (US1) US1 Posts: 181
    Re Oktoberfest menu orders: does the entire order need to be filled, or can partials be accepted similar to the Deco Farm?
    entire order  ...... more like the organic & fish market contracts
    Thanks Rosy.
    I hope it's a bug, my cow barns take days to upgrade.
  • fadedjean (US1)fadedjean (US1) US1 Posts: 181
    Thank you, Heather. It's been a long while since I did Oktoberfest. I just read up on the discussion from a year ago, with the suggestion for larger storage beyond 200 units, which it appears it went nowhere as far action.
    yeah, there's other areas of the game we've asked for larger storage too - - but hasn't happened :(
    they do get the final say, all we can do is suggest what we would like :)
    then best case scenario is they like it too & implement it
    worst case is - they don't (so no harm in asking!!)
    good luck in the event !
    Previously we could use both building slots to upgrade the stalls for Oktoberfest.

We have asked for confirmation if this is an intended change or a bug
    Hi @RosyStarling
    Just curious if you've heard anything yet on this?

edited 18.09.2022
    No :(

But that was Friday, so just a partial working day.

I will give a reminder tomorrow

okay, thank you :)
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    edited 20.09.2022
    oktoberfest is back but... it seems they got it out of the shelf and didnt dust it off a little

everything changed in the game since last oktoberfest .. we now have the apple center rewards, everything is about apples and calalysts yet the oktoberfest has exactly the same rewards
    they should have thought about it and make changes, dont you think?
    one of the best rewards this event had was the grand houses but now...we can get them from the apple center.
    why someone has to play hours in oktoberfest... it beats me really
    clearly I think it needed a redesign 
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    What happens with the King coins?  I know they go away at the end, but do we get to use them on prizes?  
    "at the end of the event, the goods produced remain in the warehouse and the King Ludwig coins can be exchanged with the merchant, who appears towards the end of the event, before they are reset to 0 at the end of the event"

From the wiki page HERE
    Just curious if there's been any word on (or if anyone remembers) when the King Ludwig coins will appear in the trade center?
    The only news we have is "near the end of the event" and that they will be reset to 0 at the end of the event. We only have 5 days left now, and that's about how many days we get with the temp farm traders, so I'm getting curious ;)
    "at the end of the event, the goods produced remain in the warehouse and the King Ludwig coins can be exchanged with the merchant, who appears towards the end of the event, before they are reset to 0 at the end of the event"

From the wiki page HERE
    Just curious if there's been any word on (or if anyone remembers) when the King Ludwig coins will appear in the trade center?
    The only news we have is "near the end of the event" and that they will be reset to 0 at the end of the event. We only have 5 days left now, and that's about how many days we get with the temp farm traders, so I'm getting curious ;)

@RosyStarling, @ChickadeeQuilter, @BugsBunny
    Please, can any mod follow up on this please?  Wiki says the King Ludwig coins will be reset to 0 at the end of the event which is in 3 days. When/where/how will we have a chance to exchange them with the merchant? The wiki says he will appear "near the end of the event", but we're there already & haven't seen him yet. Or, if it has changed this year, when/where/how will we be able to spend these coins? 
    Thank you  :)
    We have already made enquiries

As soon as we know we will let you know

The offers to spend king Ludwig Coins are now appearing sporadically now until the end

It is greyed out as the person who provided the screenshot has no coins :)

edited 07.10.2022
    Rosy, thank you so much for posting & sharing this info !
    I appreciate that so much ..... even though I am a bit aggravated with how it's set up.

We work for a month at this event, well about 24 days .... then we only have a "chance" during the final 2 days of spotting an offer that appears for 30 min or less at a time, to get something for these coins !?!?!?
    On top of that, each deco can only be purchased once per offer.
    That's ludicrous, even for BF  (IMHO)
    I'll wait to see if I might catch another offer, to see if I can get a repeat of the deco I prefer. But the chance of being online to even spot an offer, is going to be a challenge in & of itself - but time will tell ;)

edit for a PS:  There are still rewards for ranking and such, both personal and coop - we are playing for those too. My post is not to gripe about the entire event, just with the short and 'limited' possibility of even having an opportunity to trade in the coins.
    Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
Sign In to comment.