Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Shorter Events

I understand that shorter events mean more events can be squeezed in so GGS can make more money.

But really? 2 day HWE and 4 day GDW???

Looks like they're deliberately trying to "kill" the game.

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    This feedback has already been passed on

Happy to have more voices added ... either way
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I understand that shorter events mean more events can be squeezed in so GGS can make more money.

I have to agree with Bennett "Looks like they're deliberately trying to "kill" the game."
  • So many events...so little time!  I just pick and choose which ones I'm going to play seriously.  Back in the good ol' days, the cooperative championship was something like once a month!
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485

I have to agree with Bennett "Looks like they're deliberately trying to "kill" the game."
    Agree, but sadly  >:) 
  • nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
    I think we could use a wait and see attitude before jumping to conclusions.  Yes, the events are shorter this time, but I'd like to see if this is a trend.  It might be possible that GGS is just trying to make adjustments for the gaming calendar.  Also, I'm not clear how GGS makes more money with shorter events--I'm pretty consistent across days with my effort in the events I participate in.

Personally, I don't care how long the events go for, or when they start and stop, I'll play either way.  I would prefer fewer events, though.

Just my 2 cents.
  • So many events...so little time!  I just pick and choose which ones I'm going to play seriously.  Back in the good ol' days, the cooperative championship was something like once a month!
    Yes, certainly remember those good old days when we had time to build our farms, take a break, come back refreshed. I do pick and choose too, but there are questions in my co-op to answer, people talking about burnout even though we don't play hard all the time. It is just going from an enjoyable, "relaxing" game to a constant barrage of events, with nary a word on why. So it's sad that one can't encourage those who are tired of it all with "don't worry, it'll get better."
  • I just wish they would bring back an Event Calendar so we could plan in advance what we are going to participate in. From searching it appears there used to be one, but it was removed by the GGS bean counters no doubt. Certainly seems to me that whoever is making these decisions is not doing so on behalf of those that actually play the game. 

It's all about gold, everything is about how can they can force players into purchasing more gold. Not one single change since I joined this community can I recall actually benefiting the player, but rather nerfing rewards, nixing catalysts, grouping all players into a single group in the FHWE event (grrrrr), increasing the cost of gold mining licenses, reducing available gold flower seeds, virtually killing construction tokens ... I could go on but I am trying to have a relaxing and pleasant evening instead.

Satisfaction level = "Grrrrrrrrrr" 
  • Its simple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcXMhwF4EtQ

no further comment !

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    So many events...so little time!  I just pick and choose which ones I'm going to play seriously.  Back in the good ol' days, the cooperative championship was something like once a month!
    Yes, certainly remember those good old days when we had time to build our farms, take a break, come back refreshed. I do pick and choose too, but there are questions in my co-op to answer, people talking about burnout even though we don't play hard all the time. It is just going from an enjoyable, "relaxing" game to a constant barrage of events, with nary a word on why. So it's sad that one can't encourage those who are tired of it all with "don't worry, it'll get better."
    I also remember CC only once a month, those were definitely the good ole days in my opinion too. Back when there were at least a few weeks in-between temp farms too, among other things. When we could take a breather and replenish our farms in-between events. Sigh .... it was more relaxing then
  • I just wish they would bring back an Event Calendar so we could plan in advance what we are going to participate in. From searching it appears there used to be one, but it was removed by the GGS bean counters no doubt. Certainly seems to me that whoever is making these decisions is not doing so on behalf of those that actually play the game. 
    You hit the nail on the head there.
    I wonder if any of the developers even play. I doubt it. We have a new community spokesperson, how hard can it be to allow that person to inform us a little on WHY there is no attempt to allow players an enjoyable game? Just a simple "we're adjusting the events schedule to for the next few weeks, expect crazy event times" is not so hard.

So why do I stay with frustration level sky high? Simple - my co-op. If it was not for the friendships forged and the fun we have, I'd be long gone. Also, I've never spent a penny - I can imagine those who have are doubly frustrated, and I don't blame them for leaving in droves.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    Sadly when "they who shall not be named" (though fear of banishment & retribution) brought out the 2 brothers again  "who shall not be named" the 1st thing was to remove the Calendar, it's been a downhill slide ever since, when you look a some of the stupid things they've done to increase profits, I've long wondered if they wanted to shut down Big Farm.
    There's a saying in business, happy customers spend money, unhappy one's don't.
    My Co-Op has lost 8 high level, long time playing members over the last 2 weeks, same reason "the games not fun anymore"
    Ball in your court 
    "they who shall not be named" employ developers not accountants.
    That my 2 cents worth
  • Alex (BR1)Alex (BR1) BR1 Posts: 102
    They are juggling to make players spend more and more gold, but they are forgetting something very important... bringing in new players.
    And I, particularly, have no motivation to recommend this game to new people. Even if I point this out, this person probably won't last long because they'll be light years behind players who have emblems and all those functional decorations.
    If new players aren't coming in and the ones they have are leaving little by little, the result is the BF languishing more and more.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Last week the Tessa dream was one day longer than ususal.
    This week Gretha is 2 days shorter, if I should believe the timers. It started on Friday and now says it will run for another 40 hours. That would mean it stops at wednesday instead of thurday.
    Another mess......
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I agree Kimmiecat, I hadn't noticed at 1st that Greta's DW is 2 days shorter than normal, it is really a mess :(
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    They have to be joking, doing maintenance one hour before GDW ends, bad enough being ripped off for 2 days for the event

PLEASE PLEASE  PLEASE employ someone that knows what there doing
  • Mat 48 (GB1)Mat 48 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 312
    So why do I stay with frustration level sky high? Simple - my co-op. If it was not for the friendships forged and the fun we have, I'd be long gone. Also, I've never spent a penny - I can imagine those who have are doubly frustrated, and I don't blame them for leaving in droves.
    Absolutely this!!!!
  • carien57 (NL1)carien57 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 41
    a little update why we have to wait again?

• nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
    Last week the Tessa dream was one day longer than ususal.
    This week Gretha is 2 days shorter, if I should believe the timers. It started on Friday and now says it will run for another 40 hours. That would mean it stops at wednesday instead of thurday.
    Another mess......
    I am confused about these complaints.  I don't see there being a rule posted anywhere that the Dream Worlds will always last 7 days.  Everyone can see how long each one will last once they get started.  Also, it's not like it lasts 5 days for one person, 7 days for another, and 8 days for someone else, so it is all fair and we all have to work within what we have been given.

Same with the other events and their timings.

I say: just go with the flow.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file