Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] Build a third Barn!

Comments

• Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    In my opinion the ability to change your username will cause confusion within a cooperative and will also allow those players who have displayed bad behavior in the past to cover their tracks. BTW, I'm right along with everybody in not liking the new menus. Not an improvement, but like other things changed in the game, I'm sure I'll get used to it. 😉
    Hello everyone,
    I also dont like the changes. yes more space in the barn would be good but... we have no space to build it.
    plus... @Autumnferret (US1) is right. they can ask for more in some ivents, the aeroplane is one 
    where you have to balance the scale with carrots and other stuff
    this event particulary goes along with your barn space. the bigger the barn the more they ask

but I also aggree with @farmerjohn 22 (US1)
    there will be a confussion on forum (I dont think the change is automatic) and I already see one in the game appart from the one John mentioned. I have coopmembers changing their name , you can see their new name everywhere and in the chat when they are writing but in the list of names shown to the right I can see the old name which sometimes changes on its own to the new one but... in the end the old one is what we see.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
     Settings

then

Account management
    I changed my game name to AngelAcuteAngle. It shows every where but for in the forum. Will the forum be updated to reflect the change at any point?
    It should have as soon as you posted

Do you have a second farm on a different server that you started first? 

I will also make enquiries for you

I got a quick answer :smile:

It will only change if you use go to the forum through  the in game button

• Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    but the game button doesnt work.. how will she do it?

and what about in the game? people change their name and when we open the chat ,with the new name they write , with the old we see them to the right, under the list of names. talk about a bissar thing
    I know !!!

Under discussion now
  • AngelAcuteAngle (US1)AngelAcuteAngle (US1) US1 Posts: 76
    edited 31.03.2022

RosyStarling 
    I tried going to the forum via the ingame button. Per the usual old GGS problem I cannot log into the forum at all that way. Keeps telling me to verify my email address. Which I did and GGS claims it knows of the problem as many others have the same problem.
    The only way I can get into the forum is to reset my password and try to stay logged in that way.
    I reset my password this morning and the forum didn't update.
    :/

I do see you said it's under discussion. Just wanted to update here with what I've tried so far.  :)

A CM is going to change it manually for you

•  A CM is going to change it manually for you

YAY TYVM! And ty to all cm/mods for their time and help.
    :)
  • Autumnferret (US1)Autumnferret (US1) US1 Posts: 1,168
    In my opinion the ability to change your username will cause confusion within a cooperative and will also allow those players who have displayed bad behavior in the past to cover their tracks. BTW, I'm right along with everybody in not liking the new menus. Not an improvement, but like other things changed in the game, I'm sure I'll get used to it. 😉
    Hello everyone,
    I also dont like the changes. yes more space in the barn would be good but... we have no space to build it.
    plus... @Autumnferret (US1) is right. they can ask for more in some ivents, the aeroplane is one 
    where you have to balance the scale with carrots and other stuff
    this event particulary goes along with your barn space. the bigger the barn the more they ask

but I also aggree with @farmerjohn 22 (US1)
    there will be a confussion on forum (I dont think the change is automatic) and I already see one in the game appart from the one John mentioned. I have coopmembers changing their name , you can see their new name everywhere and in the chat when they are writing but in the list of names shown to the right I can see the old name which sometimes changes on its own to the new one but... in the end the old one is what we see.
    It's nice to have someone flat out say I'm right!! It's rare when that happens LOL
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Did they add a day to the CC?  I thought it was 3 days not 4.
    I have reported back  about  name changes not being reflected everywhere
  • BigRoberta (IT1)BigRoberta (IT1) IT1 Posts: 5,183
    edited 01.04.2022
    hello .. to solve the problem of the name that does not change everywhere we have solved it by starting the player and then rejoining the alliance .. obviously you have to find the moment to do it ..
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 01.04.2022
    hello .. to solve the problem of the name that does not change everywhere we have solved it by starting the player and then rejoining the alliance .. obviously you have to find the moment to do it ..
    @BigRoberta (IT1) So what you're saying is that to have a player's new name show up everywhere is for them to leave their cooperative (alliance), then change their username and rejoin their cooperative? Wouldn't that erase the player's record of contributions to their cooperative? 🤔
    @BigRoberta (IT1) So what you're saying is that to have a player's new name show up everywhere is for them to leave their cooperative (alliance), then change their username and rejoin their cooperative? Wouldn't that erase the player's record of contributions to their cooperative? 🤔
    no .. the player leaves the alliance after changing the name .. and immediately re-enters ... of course you have to do this when there are no cooperative events ..
    edited 01.04.2022

no .. the player leaves the alliance after changing the name .. and immediately re-enters ... of course you have to do this when there are no cooperative events ..
    @BigRoberta (IT1) Oh, I see. Thank you for the information! 👍
    You do lose the record of how much you have donated in dollars and gold to the co-operative

yes I know .. but since it is only a personal record and does not penalize the alliance for those who have left, that's okay ..
    seems like we having problems staying on topic.....

I'm still not sure I see a positive side to building another barn. Sooner or later it gonna tell ya it's filled and sell stuff. It just puts it off a little bit. I guess I don't see much annoyance in that pop up
    seems like we having problems staying on topic....
    @Autumnferret (US1) Discussion of the change of username is still on topic since it's part of the update.  ;)
    seems like we having problems staying on topic....
    @Autumnferret (US1) Discussion of the change of username is still on topic since it's part of the update.  ;)
    I thought it had it's own thread since this 1 was titled "Build a third barn!"
    edited 01.04.2022
    This is the thread for the update which is called "Build a third barn"

You can see it HERE or it is linked in the Opening Post

So you can discuss the third barn here, or the name change or the new Island Experience

There was a later separate announcement about the new Island Farm HERE and it would be easer if we kept new Island Experience there but anything that was in the update post is fine here
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I'm still not sure I see a positive side to building another barn.
    It will make the Pleasure Park a little easier, more stuff to donate (and any other "Donate" event too I guess)
    I'm still not sure I see a positive side to building another barn.
    It will make the Pleasure Park a little easier, more stuff to donate (and any other "Donate" event too I guess)
    Hmmmm..... I never considered Pleasure Park. I never really had the time to sit and figure that event out to where I even began to do well LOL Thank you @Uncle John (AU1) for giving me something else to consider as I plan ahead!
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I really like the new third barn. I don't like that players can change their usernames easily and frequently though. It is now more difficult to recall who someone is and it is having some problems where different names are displayed in different circumstances.

Hmmmm..... I never considered Pleasure Park. I never really had the time to sit and figure that event out to where I even began to do well LOL Thank you @Uncle John (AU1) for giving me something else to consider as I plan ahead!
    Yes. A larger storage always makes it faster to place stalls in the pleasure park event. Here is a guide for the event if you would like to consider reading it.
  • Will the pleasure park not just ask for more stuff if you build a third barn and fill it? What about the airplane event?It would be good to know for sure.
    Will the pleasure park not just ask for more stuff if you build a third barn and fill it? What about the airplane event?It would be good to know for sure.
    The donation amounts for stalls in the pleasure park event do not depend on the barn storage. However, the donations for the urgent delivery event do depend on the barn storage and unfortunately that can possibly be one downside to getting a larger barn. It depends on how you play the event.
  • @ninjahuman (AU1)  thank you !
  • Is there a way to predict the price of higher-level Library Handbooks? Do they increase by a percentage? I would like to be able to plan my gold purchases.  
    Is there a way to predict the price of higher-level Library Handbooks? Do they increase by a percentage? I would like to be able to plan my gold purchases.  
    Unfortunately, they don't. I can't recall all of them, but if there is still some way to access the list from CrazyBigFarm's website, all of the amounts from level 1 to level 5 will be correct. Level 6 and above will be incorrect as they performed an update reducing the prices of those handbooks a long time ago.

If you would like, I can set up a post where people can contribute information to set up the handbook levels.

@ninjahuman (AU1)  thank you !
    You're welcome. :)
Sign In to comment.