Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] Horsing around for this Update

RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718

This is where you can discuss  Horsing around for this Update

Comments

• quote: We modernized the farming menu! Once you enter the menu for fields, meadows, gardens and the greenhouse, you will see a revamped version of the menu which gives you more information at a single glance. Modern and useful, that’s what we’re all about!

that modernization is in my eyes a deterioration, a much too large menu in which you see as much as the old boring menu, as far as I am concerned, I prefer the old menu back.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Wauw....did we go blind overnight? What a monstrous large menu. Instead of fitting 3 in a row horizontally which would make life better, all GGS did was replace the clicking for page 2 by scrolling down. Some text I can hardly read but this is overdoing it. Just use the old menu but fit it all in one page.
    This new menu is ridiculous

• _Sass_ (US1)_Sass_ (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    Additionally, when you expand your farm, you will no longer have to occasionally get rid of the undergrowth that comes with farm expansions! The only place undergrowth can still happen is the obsidian farm. The ice over there is tough to break down and remove.
    Very happy about this part of the update! It will be very nice to use my newly purchased areas immediately from now on.  :) I haven't unlocked the obsidian farm yet, so it will be a while before I have to deal with it over there.

I don't mind the size of the menu, but I am going to miss having pages to click through. It's much faster than scrolling, in my opinion, because scrolling in-game isn't exactly smooth. Still, it's a minor complaint--I'll get used to it eventually.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Yes, way too much white space in this new seed menu, it could easily be 3 across and 3 down, That would be what I would call an improvement, this was just a waste of developers time (imo)
    Not clearing land is going to be a real game changer on DWs and probably on temp farms too (although I shan't do temps again until they stop taking the cash away !!)
  • Sue33 (US1)Sue33 (US1) US1 Posts: 60
    The Kite in the trader needs fixing also or is 13K + the new price to upgrade
  • Yuck!! Modern and useful menu?!!! Huge and Ugly It's more accurate...
    Instead of working on updates, you should start working on game improvements.
    The menu update really sucks 😞
  • diksh (IN1)diksh (IN1) IN1 Posts: 30
    my kite has become 1%, please fix the issue, have already invested quite a lot of wwc coins,
    I loved no need to clear plot upgrade but can't they keep deco purchase option available in trade center like of deco set #27
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    The kite issue has already been reported
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Typical BigFarm FUBAR.  Why don't you be honest and quit calling these UPgrades when you're actually making things less useful and more annoying.  They're downgrades or degrades.
    This  one is almost as bad as when you replaced the right side bar with, what do you call it?  Quest book or something?  Completely unusable waste of space now.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Is anyone able to compare if the cost of land has changed at all?  This is not something I had noted or paid attn to, but if newly purchased plots do not need to be cleared then we are not getting the funds we used to from clearing them.
    I am wondering if this was taken into consideration and perhaps the cost of land has been reduced to offset this?  -  -  or - -  are they just taking away that income in exchange for the time reduction of not having to clear it?
    I will be nice to save that extra time, but I am just curious about the funds.

As for the menu - - - I have to agree with those that have previously posted - - - I do NOT like it.  I did not like it when they did it to the barn, I still do not like having to scroll through the barn; it is a waste of time, visuals, and space IMO. It was much easier to locate and find things the way it was.  The current setup doesn't put similar items next to each other, making it difficult to see what we really have in stock.
    Besides the view and difficulty finding things, as someone who relies on using a touchscreen computer, this scrolling of menus is not easy nor smooth and requires me to revert to mouse use which is not easy for me.
    To explain, using a touchscreen I am not able to click on the scroll box to drag it up & down. The arrow keys nor the 'pg up' or 'pg dn' keys work to move it, like they do in other windows applications. Using the touchscreen, I can only click once in the scroll bar area to move it a page up or down, except that clicking it once moves it 1-1/2 pages and not just 1 page down, so some items are lost between and I can not get to the without using a mouse because a mouse is the only way I can drag the scroll box to be able to get to every item in the barn. 
    Today ... just to plant wheat, instead of 1 click to get to the 2nd page, I have to click 3 times to get the menu to move enough to see the "sow" button to plant wheat.  I am sorry, but this is WAY too much extra clicking for me for every field (no, my mouse does not have a scroll bar). And, it's 4 clicks per rose or sunflowers, instead of just 1. This is not okay, and I don't think it will be tolerable.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    One major drawback to not having to clear the land is that we no longer earn farm dollars for doing so. Not hugely important for the regular farms, but that extra money in DWs helps us buy more plots quicker. And time really is of the essence on the short farms.
    Yes, way too much white space in this new seed menu, it could easily be 3 across and 3 down, That would be what I would call an improvement, this was just a waste of developers time (imo)
    Not clearing land is going to be a real game changer on DWs and probably on temp farms too (although I shan't do temps again until they stop taking the cash away !!)
    Yes indeed. Huge game changer in the DW farms --  and not a good one.
    As to the menu changes, once again, you've made the game more labor intensive. I know the coders and developers need to come up with things to justify their paychecks, but why not run their ideas by the players first to see if the changes make sense?  Most of the "improvements," have been anything but.  

As more and more events are added, players need things to be more streamlined ... changes need to make our time online more efficient, not more cumbersome. 
    One major drawback to not having to clear the land is that we no longer earn farm dollars for doing so. Not hugely important for the regular farms, but that extra money in DWs helps us buy more plots quicker. And time really is of the essence on the short farms.
    i asked and there is no price change
    i guess the 'compensation' is that with no demolition time you have more build  time as the slot is free

Personally I will have to re think how I play the DWs
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    i guess the 'compensation' is that with no demolition time you have more build  time as the slot is free

What compensation? With no money there will be nothing one can build  on the cleared slots.
    edited 02.03.2022
    That is why it is in quotes
    Some will be wanting the dollars and why I need to work out how to play DWs in future

• george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    As to the menu changes, once again, you've made the game more labor intensive. I know the coders and developers need to come up with things to justify their paychecks, but why not run their ideas by the players first to see if the changes make sense?  Most of the "improvements," have been anything but.  

As more and more events are added, players need things to be more streamlined ... changes need to make our time online more efficient, not more cumbersome. 
    My thoughts too artful, the developers had to come up with something & this is what we got (if it's not broke don't try & fix it), maybe they'd be better off looking through suggestions & see what people who play the game want.
    Getting rid of undergrowth is great for me, the time saved is worth the money lost, but not for everyone, I can see it being a real problem in TDW for some (I never do that one & enjoy the break) as for GDW money's never a problem if you've got a well 
    coordinated Co-Op & work together

Yes, you're right R. I will be changing the time and effort I will be putting into the DWs. Thanks for asking them.
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    We are losing both Diamonds and Certificates now! You got them extra by picking up winnings for land purchases :-(
  • Not much of a fan of the new menus. I had no goldflower seeds in stock before the menu changed. Today I upgraded my lab and made some, they are nowhere to be seen , when I looked for them I found there was no space allocated for goldflower seeds on my seed menu.  I have reported this to support , bur I want others to be aware of the problem.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Candy Farm ranking is messed up.  Are exchanges of vouchers for lollipops getting credited to their Temp Farm totals?
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    In terms of functionality, the new menu appears to be better than the old. It is faster to just scroll down one and move your mouse towards the crop you want to plant compared to having to move your mouse above to change the page, click the button and move it somewhere else.

I do understand that some players don't like the appearance of it and the suggestion of having 9 (or possibly even more) buttons could work better. But I'm not sure if some players may struggle to see everything on the page as clearly.

I think not being able to clear the land is only really a problem in the dream world where those farm dollars are useful at the start. What is interesting is if someone can make more use of all expansions (previously, this was not possible without gold as the demolition time was far too long.) Otherwise the undergrowth just takes up extra construction time and removing this saves a lot of time. In particular, I don't see how it affects the temporary farm that much. Also from what I can see, the expansion prices are not changed.

I was really hoping they would add another themed building, for example the candy cowshed (a candy themed building) which could be purchased with the lollipops. That would have been very nice as the only "good" themed building there is the candy chicken coop.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    In terms of functionality, the new menu appears to be better than the old. It is faster to just scroll down one and move your mouse towards the crop you want to plant compared to having to move your mouse above to change the page, click the button and move it somewhere else.
    That might be true if you use a mouse, and if that mouse has a scroll wheel.  This new menu is much more cumbersome for me using a touchscreen computer, and results in many more 'taps' than before just to plant anything that used to be on page 2. 
    Sunflowers for example, I used to tap the arrow for pg 2, then sunflowers (1 tap, then plant) ... now I have to tap the lower part of the scroll bar 4 times before the 'sow' button comes into view & is clickable.  Because of the menu's size, it isn't a full page down with just 1 click.
    I do have a mouse that I have to use on occasion, but it is shaped more like a joystick, not a traditional mouse, and it does not have a scroll wheel. This menu is even worse to navigate with that than the touchscreen

I do understand that some players don't like the appearance of it and the suggestion of having 9 (or possibly even more) buttons could work better. But I'm not sure if some players may struggle to see everything on the page as clearly.

I think not being able to clear the land is only really a problem in the dream world where those farm dollars are useful at the start. What is interesting is if someone can make more use of all expansions (previously, this was not possible without gold as the demolition time was far too long.) Otherwise the undergrowth just takes up extra construction time and removing this saves a lot of time. In particular, I don't see how it affects the temporary farm that much. Also from what I can see, the expansion prices are not changed.

I was really hoping they would add another themed building, for example the candy cowshed (a candy themed building) which could be purchased with the lollipops. That would have been very nice as the only "good" themed building there is the candy chicken coop.
    even candy chicken coop isn't something i would buy as i have chunky chicken coop, i hope what they removed is added back that is cow in candy n tropical farms trader
  • Okay, so like others before me - the new menu screen for planting is unpleasant to work with but I suspect that you dont care so moving on.....

What is the deal with changing the "currency" for Candy Land to the very bright and pretty lollipops from the sugar vouchers?  Why do it?  Change for the sake of change is NOT an upgrade.  It is just an annoyance.
    Are we supposed to exchange the vouchers for the lollipops?  A REAL upgrade would have done that work for us and not set some limit on the amount of sugar vouchers we can move to the pretty, bright lollipops.
    I dont even know if we HAVE to exchange sugar vouchers for lollipops.  

You have removed the decoration option on the free spin on the Balloon wheel of fortune.  Instead, THE GAMEMASTERS have told us that we have to strive for a decoration of their choice.  
    I am NOT amused and I do NOT approve.  I accept that the decorations are all for our own good but I do not want the one(s) that THE GAMEMASTERS have selected.  i know that I am not grateful since I DARE to challenge that choice but I really like choosing things for myself.

What is the booster option on the Balloon Wheel of Fortune?  How does it work?  Does it work - since I dont know what is supposed to happen now in the Balloon Wheel of Fortune - Xtreme Version.

As for the update information - there is none.  The GAMEMASTERS have made multiple changes in the game that are not explained.  What is the problem with providing information on the changes - ALL OF THEM, not just the few that they already know will not make the players happy.  
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 02.02.2023

B) 
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    That might be true if you use a mouse, and if that mouse has a scroll wheel.  This new menu is much more cumbersome for me using a touchscreen computer, and results in many more 'taps' than before just to plant anything that used to be on page 2. 
    Sunflowers for example, I used to tap the arrow for pg 2, then sunflowers (1 tap, then plant) ... now I have to tap the lower part of the scroll bar 4 times before the 'sow' button comes into view & is clickable.  Because of the menu's size, it isn't a full page down with just 1 click.
    I do have a mouse that I have to use on occasion, but it is shaped more like a joystick, not a traditional mouse, and it does not have a scroll wheel. This menu is even worse to navigate with that than the touchscreen
    That is a reasonable point. I am just not sure why people say text is too small and then complain when they make it larger like in this situation.

even candy chicken coop isn't something i would buy as i have chunky chicken coop, i hope what they removed is added back that is cow in candy n tropical farms trader
    I don't have any on my farm even though I have many in my drop box. The problem is that you need to be active to use them for a large harvest and in that situation, they are even more profitable than apple orchards. However, that is basically its main benefit apart from giving good points for events like the worldwide championships. I don't really understand why you are saying you prefer chunky chicken coops over candy chicken coops though, as three or four harvests with a candy chicken coop gives more eggs than a single harvest with a chunky chicken coop, (I am using a level 5 egg handbook here combined with the level 1 egg booster badges), and this is not even considering that the chunky chicken coop is larger and requires more workers.
    That is a reasonable point. I am just not sure why people say text is too small and then complain when they make it larger like in this situation.

I don't have any on my farm even though I have many in my drop box. The problem is that you need to be active to use them for a large harvest and in that situation, they are even more profitable than apple orchards. However, that is basically its main benefit apart from giving good points for events like the worldwide championships. I don't really understand why you are saying you prefer chunky chicken coops over candy chicken coops though, as three or four harvests with a candy chicken coop gives more eggs than a single harvest with a chunky chicken coop, (I am using a level 5 egg handbook here combined with the level 1 egg booster badges), and this is not even considering that the chunky chicken coop is larger and requires more workers.
    chucky chicken gives more dung than candy chicken through sw n for eggs i would rather prefer ducks than using chicken but if my ducks are not ready and have to use chicken for egg missions in cc then chunky chicken gives more per sw skip than dazz., maybe your n mine strategies are different as I would never use candy chicken to play cc in terms of dung n egg missions and hwe for eggs,
    also one chunky chicken coop is enough for me to use sw and can be stored in chicken chalet, as for workers they aren't an issue for me  :D
    chucky chicken gives more dung than candy chicken through sw n for eggs i would rather prefer ducks than using chicken but if my ducks are not ready and have to use chicken for egg missions in cc then chunky chicken gives more per sw skip than dazz., maybe your n mine strategies are different as I would never use candy chicken to play cc in terms of dung n egg missions and hwe for eggs,
    also one chunky chicken coop is enough for me to use sw and can be stored in chicken chalet, as for workers they aren't an issue for me  :D
    Ok. Probably using seaweed feed for it can have an argument as I cannot find how much seaweed feed it uses so perhaps you can mention that. Otherwise it is worse than other building options in every other aspect for the reasons I mentioned above.

I don't have any chicken coops on my farm. I only have duck coops on my gourmet farm to produce eggs. I agree that it is far easier to just use duck coops for anything that needs eggs as you have to be ridiculously active to make use of the chicken coops.

You have to be careful with the workers though. If you have spare workers from some house and have no way to optimise the space further then it is fine, but otherwise there is lost opportunity from the other buildings if you have to take them from those.
  • Not much of a fan of the new menus. I had no goldflower seeds in stock before the menu changed. Today I upgraded my lab and made some, they are nowhere to be seen , when I looked for them I found there was no space allocated for goldflower seeds on my seed menu.  I have reported this to support , bur I want others to be aware of the problem.
    Where in your lab do you make goldflower seeds? I can only make goldflower tokens that give 400 more flowers, but not the seeds themselves?
Sign In to comment.