Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

[Discussion] Horsing around for this Update

RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 2,840

This is where you can discuss  Horsing around for this Update

Comments

• Sue33 (US1)Sue33 (US1) US1 Posts: 56
    The Kite in the trader needs fixing also or is 13K + the new price to upgrade
  • diksh (IN1)diksh (IN1) IN1 Posts: 30
    my kite has become 1%, please fix the issue, have already invested quite a lot of wwc coins,
    I loved no need to clear plot upgrade but can't they keep deco purchase option available in trade center like of deco set #27
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 2,840
    The kite issue has already been reported

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,565
    One major drawback to not having to clear the land is that we no longer earn farm dollars for doing so. Not hugely important for the regular farms, but that extra money in DWs helps us buy more plots quicker. And time really is of the essence on the short farms.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

Yes, way too much white space in this new seed menu, it could easily be 3 across and 3 down, That would be what I would call an improvement, this was just a waste of developers time (imo)
    Not clearing land is going to be a real game changer on DWs and probably on temp farms too (although I shan't do temps again until they stop taking the cash away !!)
    Yes indeed. Huge game changer in the DW farms --  and not a good one.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

One major drawback to not having to clear the land is that we no longer earn farm dollars for doing so. Not hugely important for the regular farms, but that extra money in DWs helps us buy more plots quicker. And time really is of the essence on the short farms.
    i asked and there is no price change
    i guess the 'compensation' is that with no demolition time you have more build  time as the slot is free

Personally I will have to re think how I play the DWs

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 980
    i guess the 'compensation' is that with no demolition time you have more build  time as the slot is free

What compensation? With no money there will be nothing one can build  on the cleared slots.

[email protected]   /   Member of the Dutch coop "Zeeuwsche Unie" 

edited 02.03.2022
    That is why it is in quotes
    Some will be wanting the dollars and why I need to work out how to play DWs in future

Yes, you're right R. I will be changing the time and effort I will be putting into the DWs. Thanks for asking them.

• Not much of a fan of the new menus. I had no goldflower seeds in stock before the menu changed. Today I upgraded my lab and made some, they are nowhere to be seen , when I looked for them I found there was no space allocated for goldflower seeds on my seed menu.  I have reported this to support , bur I want others to be aware of the problem.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 762
    Candy Farm ranking is messed up.  Are exchanges of vouchers for lollipops getting credited to their Temp Farm totals?
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 4,710
    In terms of functionality, the new menu appears to be better than the old. It is faster to just scroll down one and move your mouse towards the crop you want to plant compared to having to move your mouse above to change the page, click the button and move it somewhere else.
    That might be true if you use a mouse, and if that mouse has a scroll wheel.  This new menu is much more cumbersome for me using a touchscreen computer, and results in many more 'taps' than before just to plant anything that used to be on page 2. 
    Sunflowers for example, I used to tap the arrow for pg 2, then sunflowers (1 tap, then plant) ... now I have to tap the lower part of the scroll bar 4 times before the 'sow' button comes into view & is clickable.  Because of the menu's size, it isn't a full page down with just 1 click.
    I do have a mouse that I have to use on occasion, but it is shaped more like a joystick, not a traditional mouse, and it does not have a scroll wheel. This menu is even worse to navigate with that than the touchscreen

• diksh (IN1)diksh (IN1) IN1 Posts: 30
    In terms of functionality, the new menu appears to be better than the old. It is faster to just scroll down one and move your mouse towards the crop you want to plant compared to having to move your mouse above to change the page, click the button and move it somewhere else.

I do understand that some players don't like the appearance of it and the suggestion of having 9 (or possibly even more) buttons could work better. But I'm not sure if some players may struggle to see everything on the page as clearly.

I think not being able to clear the land is only really a problem in the dream world where those farm dollars are useful at the start. What is interesting is if someone can make more use of all expansions (previously, this was not possible without gold as the demolition time was far too long.) Otherwise the undergrowth just takes up extra construction time and removing this saves a lot of time. In particular, I don't see how it affects the temporary farm that much. Also from what I can see, the expansion prices are not changed.

I was really hoping they would add another themed building, for example the candy cowshed (a candy themed building) which could be purchased with the lollipops. That would have been very nice as the only "good" themed building there is the candy chicken coop.
    even candy chicken coop isn't something i would buy as i have chunky chicken coop, i hope what they removed is added back that is cow in candy n tropical farms trader
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,523
    That might be true if you use a mouse, and if that mouse has a scroll wheel.  This new menu is much more cumbersome for me using a touchscreen computer, and results in many more 'taps' than before just to plant anything that used to be on page 2. 
    Sunflowers for example, I used to tap the arrow for pg 2, then sunflowers (1 tap, then plant) ... now I have to tap the lower part of the scroll bar 4 times before the 'sow' button comes into view & is clickable.  Because of the menu's size, it isn't a full page down with just 1 click.
    I do have a mouse that I have to use on occasion, but it is shaped more like a joystick, not a traditional mouse, and it does not have a scroll wheel. This menu is even worse to navigate with that than the touchscreen
    That is a reasonable point. I am just not sure why people say text is too small and then complain when they make it larger like in this situation.

even candy chicken coop isn't something i would buy as i have chunky chicken coop, i hope what they removed is added back that is cow in candy n tropical farms trader
    I don't have any on my farm even though I have many in my drop box. The problem is that you need to be active to use them for a large harvest and in that situation, they are even more profitable than apple orchards. However, that is basically its main benefit apart from giving good points for events like the worldwide championships. I don't really understand why you are saying you prefer chunky chicken coops over candy chicken coops though, as three or four harvests with a candy chicken coop gives more eggs than a single harvest with a chunky chicken coop, (I am using a level 5 egg handbook here combined with the level 1 egg booster badges), and this is not even considering that the chunky chicken coop is larger and requires more workers.
    ninjahuman @ au 1

Guides: Pleasure Park
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,523
    chucky chicken gives more dung than candy chicken through sw n for eggs i would rather prefer ducks than using chicken but if my ducks are not ready and have to use chicken for egg missions in cc then chunky chicken gives more per sw skip than dazz., maybe your n mine strategies are different as I would never use candy chicken to play cc in terms of dung n egg missions and hwe for eggs,
    also one chunky chicken coop is enough for me to use sw and can be stored in chicken chalet, as for workers they aren't an issue for me  :D
    Ok. Probably using seaweed feed for it can have an argument as I cannot find how much seaweed feed it uses so perhaps you can mention that. Otherwise it is worse than other building options in every other aspect for the reasons I mentioned above.

I don't have any chicken coops on my farm. I only have duck coops on my gourmet farm to produce eggs. I agree that it is far easier to just use duck coops for anything that needs eggs as you have to be ridiculously active to make use of the chicken coops.

You have to be careful with the workers though. If you have spare workers from some house and have no way to optimise the space further then it is fine, but otherwise there is lost opportunity from the other buildings if you have to take them from those.
    ninjahuman @ au 1

Guides: Pleasure Park
  • Not much of a fan of the new menus. I had no goldflower seeds in stock before the menu changed. Today I upgraded my lab and made some, they are nowhere to be seen , when I looked for them I found there was no space allocated for goldflower seeds on my seed menu.  I have reported this to support , bur I want others to be aware of the problem.
    Where in your lab do you make goldflower seeds? I can only make goldflower tokens that give 400 more flowers, but not the seeds themselves?
Sign In to comment.