Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Share your progress with the Chinese New Year Event

Players are welcome to share their progress with the Chinese New Year Event. Here is mine:

In particular, I would be interested if players that are on track to complete all of the zodiac signs could share how they have been approaching the event. I have been trying to use the booster whenever I see it and have been using some of the rarer zodiac signs such as the snake and dragon with sunflowers using seaweed humus. It is not working well though, as I am only at 21% and 23% for the snake and dragon zodiac signs respectively.

Comments

• 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494

I also have been sea weeding sunflowers, other than saving all harvests  as much as possible for when the booster hits, I push GFish Feed or Cow Silage in the mill when the booster is here, put a smaller harvest (WF, Alfa) and keep them on repeat.
  • Heathcliff (INT1)Heathcliff (INT1) INT1 Posts: 115
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 02.02.2022
    Thanks for all of the posts. I will just try to be more active and if that fails I can just non-stop use seaweed humus when the booster is there if it will work. The only problem is if the zodiac chips from the more rare zodiac signs are not that common and then it will be very hard. It's very hard to complete this decoration if you are not that active.
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
  • Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    I ended up spending practically all day on this event and a huge amount of resources to get all of the zodiac signs completed.

I am not sure which parts I need to complete to get the rest of the bonus though. I have been slowly increasing it, but when I hover over the zodiac signs, no relevant information about this is provided.

I assume the blue parts are the bonus parts which are added onto the orange parts on the right for the happiness and village happiness? I calculated that the base village happiness amounts given by the zodiac signs add up to 66 so I assume there is another 19 village happiness on top of that bringing it up to 85 village happiness? Similarly, I assume that at this decoration in its current state would provide 215 happiness?
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    I think you are correct  Ninja, depending on if the blue bar is completely filled. 
     You really did great! Completed the snake and the dragon! WTG
    I think you are correct  Ninja, depending on if the blue bar is completely filled. 
    Thank you very much. I used gold and seaweed though, but it is still nice to have those signs completed.

Here is my progress now. I am not sure if this is as far as it can go. The bonus amounts are not increasing anymore.

• nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
    Nice work, ninjahuman!

A little late perhaps, but in my observations, I think there are different amounts needed to complete each animal, with rat needing the least and snake needing the most.  I seems the animals pop out somewhat randomly and evenly when you harvest with about the same amount given regardless what kind of animal.

Also, if you run during the fireworks, and use sunflowers with seaweed, you get 210 points each harvest.  Roses are good too, with 27 points every half hour (or 81 during fireworks).

I think this is my first time at this event (having started the game a little over a year ago now), and I don't remember it running last year.  I wish I understood more in the beginning; I now have rat, ox, and all the animals on the right side, and tiger is next closest, but I doubt I'll get that.  If I had a better feel for how it worked, I might have done more things in the beginning.

I see people on another thread complaining about how it changed this year.  Just curious, but how did it work before?
    Nice work, ninjahuman!

A little late perhaps, but in my observations, I think there are different amounts needed to complete each animal, with rat needing the least and snake needing the most.  I seems the animals pop out somewhat randomly and evenly when you harvest with about the same amount given regardless what kind of animal.

Also, if you run during the fireworks, and use sunflowers with seaweed, you get 210 points each harvest.  Roses are good too, with 27 points every half hour (or 81 during fireworks).

I think this is my first time at this event (having started the game a little over a year ago now), and I don't remember it running last year.  I wish I understood more in the beginning; I now have rat, ox, and all the animals on the right side, and tiger is next closest, but I doubt I'll get that.  If I had a better feel for how it worked, I might have done more things in the beginning.

I see people on another thread complaining about how it changed this year.  Just curious, but how did it work before?
    Thanks. Yes, it works something like that with the bottom four on the left being the hardest to complete.

Last year this event did not run. I know it did run over the three previous years before last year though.

It worked in a similar way, but I think the boosters were not as tricky to find in general and there was a larger booster bonus at the end of the event. But when I played basically all day non-stop, I eventually did find boosters every few hours. The problem is that it's very hard for most players to just be online the whole day and I don't think the twitter system to notify us about fireworks worked as well this time.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Thank you very much. I used gold and seaweed though, but it is still nice to have those signs completed.

Here is my progress now. I am not sure if this is as far as it can go. The bonus amounts are not increasing anymore.

once you complete all the animal chips, that is all there is, the blue only fills while you still have animal chips to get.... so the max for this deco is 173 happiness and 66 VH... very nice!
    JVD (US1) said:
    once you complete all the animal chips, that is all there is, the blue only fills while you still have animal chips to get.... so the max for this deco is 173 happiness and 66 VH... very nice!
    Thanks. Although it was temporarily pushing those amounts up even when the zodiac signs were completed, but it was only for a few extra points of happiness and village happiness. Then it stopped increasing altogether.

Here are the last four decorations that have been in the event:

• nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
    What was the quality level of your decoration in the end?  I did finish with 8 of 12 animals, and my decoration was a level 3 quality--kind of disappointing for the effort I put in.
    What was the quality level of your decoration in the end?  I did finish with 8 of 12 animals, and my decoration was a level 3 quality--kind of disappointing for the effort I put in.
    Mine was quality 7. I don't know if you play the pleasure park event, but if your decoration has quite a bit of village happiness, it can work very well in the decoration valley.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file