Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Festive Farm Trader

I don't understand why there is suddenly a new currency for the festive farm. The runestone system was just fine before.

Another problem is that we are not able to purchase festive orchards (festive almond orchards and festive peach orchards) with the new currency. I also looked in the equipment section and there is also this currency for the other farms. It says that the currency is removed when the event ends, so it cannot be saved for other events. This makes it impossible to collect runestones and save them to either buy festive orchards, duck coops or donkey stables now as I understand.

Are there any plans to fix this issue or just get rid of this currency? It is really bad as it stops us from collecting themed buildings from the temporary farm.

Comments

• Alex (BR1)Alex (BR1) BR1 Posts: 102

Where can we sell the things that we product?
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526

Where can we sell the things that we product?
    For some reason, they are only showing items that we have at least some of (not zero) in our inventory. So we can't see the sale price of items that we do not have.

In my opinion, it is a stupid change as it removes the ability to plan a strategy for the event if you have not played it before or do not remember the sale prices.
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    no one likes this change

lets hope... this change is only for this particular farm , cause its festive and all...
    cause we had three identical temporary farms where we could buy all the themed buildings we wanted like the duck of course and they took it away
    I dont know who will play this farm so much.. it is temporary after all
    to spend so much money just for some christmas decorations? bad thinking in my opinion

I hope the viking and northern lights farm will not be changed as well
    please tell them to leave them as it is , thank you!

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Yes, if I can't accumulate the currency I will stop playing the temp farms all together. If I can't save up for the more expensive items then there is no point in playing them at all.
  • Alex (BR1)Alex (BR1) BR1 Posts: 102

Of course, whenever an update comes, it's to tinker with something that was already good
    We now have a limit of 500 premium rations, fertilizers...
  • nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
    edited 01.12.2021
    Yes, if I can't accumulate the currency I will stop playing the temp farms all together. If I can't save up for the more expensive items then there is no point in playing them at all.
    This seems like a discouragement for more occasional players like my wife to play these farms. You have to be pretty active to get anything good.

I started playing the game a little over a year ago, and I was a novice then, but was looking forward to adding to my winnings this year. I particularly like the duck coops, and was hoping to get more.

In response to Jenny1979 (GR1) above, it does look like the other farms will similarly be changed. Under inventory, there are now three spots for new coins from the different winter farms.

To ninjahuman (AU1), I've been noticing that they only include some items in the inventory if you have some of them in other circumstances. For example, on the Dream Worlds, seaweed fertilizer/feed/humus only shows if you have them. I assume that is an effort to reduce the clutter, but I agree that it would be nice to see them all for strategy purposes.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    On October 3 there was a note from RosyStarling stating that the change of only being able to see items we have in stock instead of everything - was a bad change & was forwarded to the team .... that note was part of the discussion of the September update - BF anniversary. Now with this new farm, we can see it is still a bad change from the player's perspective   :(
    Was there any response from when it was reported in October?
    Here's a link to the September update discussion;
     https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/213640/discussion-september-update-bf-anniversary-month-begins/p1

In the October update, Flexing design muscles with new Deco Sets, is when these new coins were noticed and the only news the mods got from the team at that time was that they were assured "runestones would not be lost".  With that, I had hopes maybe there would be 2 types of currency, but now it does not look that way as I do not see runestones anywhere in it (yet?).
    Well, we may not lose them, but not sure for how long we will have a choice to use up what we have - That is my new question..... is there a deadline to use them up? Also, wondering if runes, vouchers & seashells will still be awarded in the newer style of gold theme boxes - and if not, what will they be replaced with? I can't imagine they'd put these coins in those boxes since we have a limited time to use them. I guess maybe I should empty the ones I have now.
    Here's a link for the October update discussion;
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/213997/discussion-new-update-flexing-design-muscles-with-new-deco-sets

I agree with this so much!  I may still hold judgement until the end of the event to decide for sure, but if we can't accumulate them, it doesn't look promising IMHO. I've just got to try it at least once before I decide ;)

• JoJo1951 (NL1)JoJo1951 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 310
    Ìs this the last time the runestone dealer will be there to change the stones for the miniducks? or will the trader come back to the viking and northernlights farm so we can change the stones for the miniducks?
  • Set (US1)Set (US1) US1 Posts: 45
    With this change the carrot and the stick comes to mind. The carrot has been removed now we are only left with the stick-which isn't pleasant. 

Congrats, you win...im out. 
    Ìs this the last time the runestone dealer will be there to change the stones for the miniducks? or will the trader come back to the viking and northernlights farm so we can change the stones for the miniducks?
    The miniducks aren't even available at the Runestone trader.

Again, there are signs that the Viking and Northern Lights farms will be run like this one.
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    edited 02.12.2021
    tbh I am really confused with the role of this new coin. 

It looks like it has replaced runestones in all forms, but the runestones haven't gone & I can't now see how we can get more of them? so why haven't they just been converted?? and only had 1 form of currency ...  

then the awards from the coins are different to the runestones. But what really confuses me is that the end of event award is 5 million coins ... but you have to use them before the end of the event? How on earth does that work?? I always use the end award to buy the extra people & happiness the next time it comes, but that is missing from the coins awards. 

Like many have said, I really like the fact that we can save up for big ticket items. I am disappointed that that will not be the case for the coins. 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    What I don't understand is why they are always taking things away from us. They take away the ability to get country manors from pleasure park every time, they take away some of the gold from the hard worker event / cooperative hard worker event / fishing hard worker event rewards, they take away the cowsheds from the temporary farm hard work rewards, etc. In addition to this, they are taking away the ability to save up the currency so if you have to be inactive for a few days, you can lose all the work for that temporary farm.

What is wrong with them and why do they have to keep performing these pathetic acts?

What is wrong with them and why do they have to keep performing these pathetic acts?
    It beats me
    if you find the answer... please do tell!!!
    Interesting to note:  I just got 10,000 runestones from a gold box.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    What I don't understand is why they are always taking things away from us. They take away the ability to get country manors from pleasure park every time, they take away some of the gold from the hard worker event / cooperative hard worker event / fishing hard worker event rewards, they take away the cowsheds from the temporary farm hard work rewards, etc. In addition to this, they are taking away the ability to save up the currency so if you have to be inactive for a few days, you can lose all the work for that temporary farm.

I think this is a strategy that has been going on for a while. We used only need money and gold. With introducing more and more other currency, of which you always have too little of, they try to force us to either buy gold or subscriptions. Slowly pushing out the players that do not have the resources to spend money on a game.

We now have dollars and gold: villagedollars; runestones are replaced by festive coins, northern light coins and viking coins; horse crest; championship coins; obsidian and obsidian dollars; pleasure park tickets. goldfish coins diamonds; seashells and vouchers.
    Almost every farm has its own currency and it seems they are heading toward needing several different currency for buying things (like diamonds and gold or dollars for extending your farm). Or the temporary events like the islands, October Fest, Goldfish will lose the coins after the event.

I  had hoped (silly me) that with introducing subscriptions and therefore creating a steady income from the game, the tendency for pushing gold sales would decrease. But it only seems to increase. 
  • killua25 (IT1)killua25 (IT1) IT1 Posts: 748
    I think the runes will not be taken away. they will go until exhaustion. it is nowhere written that after the event they will be removed. separate discussion for the Christmas coins.
    I don't find this change right. they are making this farm useless.
  • ALZAKAR (IT1)ALZAKAR (IT1) IT1 Posts: 998
    edited 05.12.2021
    what I fear is that they can also leave the runes, but if to buy something the currency will be the new coins here we can throw the runes.
    what is not good is the silence of the ggs
    change coins ok, but we have to do some runes
    unfortunately the `` mistress '' ggs once again turns out to be rude, arrogant and despot

is what makes anger is that the ggs always makes these bullies. we have already seen it with the agricultural laboratory............
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 05.12.2021
    The runestones are not being taken away but you do have to spend them up before the runestone trader is removed
    You will not be able to earn them again

All 3 of the new currencies will be removed  7 days after the end of the event :(

They will not carry over to the next run 

Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • millettina (FR1)millettina (FR1) FR1 Posts: 918
    Hello from France,

I have a question :

Can we still buy miniducks with new currencies ?

Have a nice sunday :)
    edited 05.12.2021
    The runestones are not being taken away but you do have to spend them up before the runestone trader is removed

All 3 of the new currencies will be taken away -  7 days after the end of the event :(

Thank you @RosyStarling

I had understood that the coins were to be earned & used within each event ..... the "Festive Farm Trader" will remain 7 days after the event ends for us to use them up. I think this part is clear, it's the runestones I am unclear.

I would like to confirm how I read this note.... That we will not ever be able to earn runestones again?
    You state we need to spend them before the "Runestone Trader" is removed. This is a different trader than the ones for the coins (aka the Festive Farm Trader). When will this "Runestone Trader" be removed permanently? He normally goes away & reappears with each event, but the runestones remain in inventory. Are you saying that they too, just like the coins, will reset to zero 7 days after the event ends?

Normally we have the Northern Lights and Viking Farms too over the winter months. I am wondering if the trader will stay this season for each of those. I have a lot of gold theme boxes in inventory that I would need to open up before the permanent Runestone Trader removal deadline, and I'm sure others do as well.

On this same note, there are vouchers & seashells in those gold theme boxes too (and in my inventory), and with this report I can only assume those will go away too. I asked earlier (above) about those boxes, what will become of them?;

Also, wondering if runes, vouchers & seashells will still be awarded in the newer style of gold theme boxes - and if not, what will they be replaced with? I can't imagine they'd put these coins in those boxes since we have a limited time to use them. 

• killua25 (IT1)killua25 (IT1) IT1 Posts: 748

All 3 of the new currencies will be taken away -  7 days after the end of the event :(

Dear rosystarling,
    I don't find this change right. In the official announcement there is only the fact that the Christmas coins will replace the runes and that these coins will disappear at the end of the event.
    There is no reference to the runes. It would be the case that the ggs evaluates to let them remain for those who still have them so they can use them. I do not find it correct that the runes should be used right away.
    There are people who want to use the runes to buy other things that are not available with this farm. I am very disappointed that the ggs has made the decision for the winter farms to introduce coins that can only be used for the event itself. Now making the winter island would be even cheaper than the other two islands. From the comments I read I see a lot of people who are against this big change.
    I, like many others, want the runes to remain and be given the possibility of being able to use those that one has aside in the future but more importantly that you return as before you get runes and not temporary coins from the winter farm.
    edited 06.12.2021
     millettina (FR1) said:
    Hello from France,

I have a question :

Can we still buy miniducks with new currencies ?

Have a nice sunday :)
    I do not know what the rewards will be

There will no longer be an event where we can earn runestones 
    When the trader goes this time it will not return again
    Correction. - 
    The runestones are still in the themed gold boxes 
    We can still receive more runestones, just not from the farms
    The Runestone Trader remains for now

Each of the winter farms now have their own currency which cannot be carried over until the next run :(

We are giving the feedback that is not a good change.
    We all  like to save up for the better items

And this is  from all the forum. Not just this one

Post edited by RosyStarling on
    edited 06.12.2021
    @RosyStarling
    Thank you for answering our questions and forwarding the sentiments along !

Will you please see if you can get an answer about the gold theme boxes which now reward vouchers, seashells and runestones?  If we earn/win more after this event ends, will there be something different in those boxes? Or, if we get runestones in them will the just immediately dissappear?

Before I relay this information to others, I just want to make sure I understand correctly ..... 7 days after this event ends, both the Festive Farm Trader and the Runestone Trader will leave and all remaining balance of coins and runestones alike, will be wiped down to zero. Then when the winter, viking, or northern lights farm start up again, we will only get the Festive Farm Trader and never see the Runestone trader again.  Is this correct?
    oh my... so every farm will have its own coin and after the event every coin will go to zero
    this is really absurd you know
    but I have a question 
    what about seashells? from what I understand they will stay but.. after the tropical island leaves will we be able to store them or shells will got to zero too?

really I cant comprehend this
    and they didnt mention it anywhere.. that we will loose our runestones
    why are they treating us like that??
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485

There will no longer be an event where we can earn runestones 
    When the trader goes this time it will not return again

I want it cut out of cardboard !!
    When the trader disappears this time, can we NEVER use our Runestone again?
    Please see my correction to the post above

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4376231/#Comment_4376231

Correction. - 
    The runestones are still in the themed gold boxes  
    We can still receive more runestones, just not from the farms
    The Runestone Trader remains for now
  • GGS, you're "rune"-ing this game.   :o:blush:
    edited 06.12.2021
    you know... 
    I am really surpised on how they think and act in this company

they should have left the option to buy ducks... with the new coin
    and now that we can't store them ,all players that wanted a duck... would have played more, put more effort and gold of course to be able to win more than one duck

so instead of giving us the option to buy ducks with the new coin ..they just took away everything?
    really bad move
    and now I wonder why would someone bother to play this temporary farm let alone spend gold?
    cause from what we see now .. its not worth it!

• I have a question on the Festive Farm Trader: I went to buy Premium Seal feed this morning and It only allowed me to buy 6 Premium Seal Feed and then it said I reached my limit. This is no fun. Why is there a limit on how much Premium Seal Feed that you can buy on Festive Farm Trader? Please answer this. I have 8 seal ponds and I could only feed 6 of them this morning.
    Yes, there is now a limit :(

Why I do not know

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file