Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] New Update - Get Organized!

Comments

• I prefer the task bar as it was. A quick glance told me everything I needed to do.  Now, they've just added more clicks to the Click Fest the game has become. It's much more labor intensive. With so much going on, we need functions to be streamlined, not more cumbersome.
    Exactly, also at the smart phone it's worse more than before to do a quick login to fix an task pffffff
  • CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    a
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    After the Update.........

My boats do return to the right spots.  They are no longer in order.
  • Autumnferret (US1)Autumnferret (US1) US1 Posts: 1,168
    so how exactly does this new "quest book" make things more organized?? it's something else to click on first and then scroll down to see everything. Before we just scrolled down. So an extra step into a more colorful window means more organized???
  • Please quit improving things until you have fixed all the problems you have created in the last 5 years

Quest Book - Useless, click to open, now covers up my farm, gee thanks, click more to find things, how is that easier than just scrolling, so now we have a PITA item we have to use instead of our streamlined bar.

Lab - catalyst exchange is of no use to me as none of my Labs will ever be updated past the Super items, so will never be able to exchange the higher catalysts in it.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 31.08.2021
    I preferred the drop down menu to the quest book. The quest book is another change whose only result is annoyance, by increasing the number of clicks needed to use. It would have been useful to get rid of nagging friends quest, since you already added a nagging friends tree. Why can't we unclick the "recommended quest" like a real toggle button?  Being able to exchange catalysts is OK, but it would have been better to revert to the old, much more useful, farm laboratory. The only true improvement was adding the fish restaurant to the fishing view, as that is where it belonged all along. All in all, a lot of programming effort without any improvement to the enjoyment of the game. You seemed determined to drive away your customers.
    @Dvroh (US1)
    Interesting alternative view on the restaurant - why do you feel it belongs in the Deep Sea Fishing area?
    I look at the Mermaid Bay as belonging on the flower farm; it's recipes use the fish that are caught on the main, gourmet & flower farms but since Oleg is on the flower farm with the option of using boats there too, it makes sense to me for the restaurant to be on the flower farm. 
    On the other hand, since no recipes use the fish caught in the Deep Sea Fishing area, I don't necessarily see a reason why the Mermaid Bay should be on that screen. Just a different perspective

As for the rest of your post, I agree completely !!!   :)

• Dvroh (US1)Dvroh (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    When looking in your inventory (barn icon) the fish used to produce in the restaurant is on the fish page. But mostly, the only area where you can see your fishing level, which determines what items you can produce in the restaurant, is in the fishing area. If the restaurant displayed your fishing level, I would care less what area it is located in. As it was before, you saw you couldn't produce the next item till you'd reached a certain level, then had to go to the fishing area, to determine what level you are at. Having the fish restaurant in the fishing area is better. 
    BTW Since the book was instituted, I've not gotten DAILY QUESTS in the Candy Farm. 
  • The old lab is not coming back because we liked it.

So remember in the future, if you really like something - keep it to yourself, do not share in the forum, or it will be on the chopping block!!
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 31.08.2021

@Dvroh (US1)

On the other hand, since no recipes use the fish caught in the Deep Sea Fishing area, I don't necessarily see a reason why the Mermaid Bay should be on that screen. Just a different perspective

:)

Maybe your game level is not high enough to use fish from Deep Sea in recipes.... one of my favorite recipes is Rare Filet.... and the fish come from Deep Sea!!! :)
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    JVD (US1) said:

@Dvroh (US1)

:)

Maybe your game level is not high enough to use fish from Deep Sea in recipes.... one of my favorite recipes is Rare Filet.... and the fish come from Deep Sea!!! :)
    @JVD (US1) 
      That's right - thanks ;)   .... pre-coffee brain this morning forgot about those recipes that use DSF fish also

@Dvroh (US1)   You can see your fishing level from the MF, GF & FF too by clicking on Oleg to get to your fishing supplies (top of the task circle), Deep Sea Fishing area is not the only place to find it.

I do see what you mean about the barn ... there, both fishing areas are combined & for that I can see how it would make sense. Thanks for the reply & the point of view :)

I still keep my opinion though that I prefer it on the flower farm with Oleg. I see both viewpoints now, but my preference hasn't changed

About the candy farm, I did get daily quests today. I wonder if other players have or have not?

So remember in the future, if you really like something - keep it to yourself, do not share in the forum, or it will be on the chopping block!!
    Maby if we share we are  "the most happy" with the new lab, maybe they return it too its old state  :p
    @Heather Norsk (US1) I am glad they have kept it on the Flower Farm... that is where I harvest and re-recipe it LOL.  When on the Deep Sea it will probably get auto harvested but I most likely won't click it to start it til back on FF... hmmmm, might not be too happy with that..guess will see what happens
  • VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    I think I would prefer a system where you just automatically received the reward for completing tasks, or they got added to the notifications/pending rewards center that we already have to go to for other rewards.  I know I am going to miss collecting rewards I earned because I will forget to go to multiple places within the game to collect them all the time.  Just pick ONE PLACE to put all of these things instead of making us open multiple windows all of the time.  Thanks!
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    The GPE still disappears from time to time and/or the button does not respond. I got below error screen

• ria36 (NL1)ria36 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 64
    Since yesterday I do not receive daily quests anymore.
    Lots of quest for the obsidianfarm though.
    is this intentional?
    ria36
    Since yesterday I do not receive daily quests anymore.
    Lots of quest for the obsidianfarm though.
    is this intentional?
    ria36
    open the quest book, you should find them in there....
  • ria36 (NL1)ria36 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 64
    thanks for reacting, but no, they aren't there, only tasks for the obsidianfarm.
    ria36

• Tralfazz (US1)Tralfazz (US1) US1 Posts: 136
    Have to agree that the quest book is useless. It was simpler before. One change I would like to see would be automatic prize acceptance. This BS of needing to go hunt down prizes and awards that you have won is ridiculous. It should be that the award pops up and automatically is added. 

One other change would be the ability to either hide or dismiss some of the "quests" for instance, I have no intention of inviting anyone to play the game from the game. So I would like to be able to hide the "invite a friend" quest. 

Probably will never see the company actually listen to the players but one can always hope.
    I actually like the quest book, I find there is less clicking now :)
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    My friendship tree has disappeared, along with the global point event  :(
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    One other change would be the ability to either hide or dismiss some of the "quests" for instance, I have no intention of inviting anyone to play the game from the game. So I would like to be able to hide the "invite a friend" quest. 

Probably will never see the company actually listen to the players but one can always hope.
    I quite like the Quest Book for exactly this reason. There are only a couple of tasks on each farm that I have any intention of completing, I have set these as favourites and all the rest remain hidden  lol
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    @Morti (SKN1)  for some a simple refresh brings it back
    For me when they disappear I need to log out and back for them to return

They fact they disappear is being looked into
  • I have mixed feelings about the quest book. Scrolling down the menu was a bit annoying if you had a lot of quests lined up, but not TOO annoying. The quest book could be an improvement in tidying up the screen but it has some serious downsides. I have been putting the timed quests on there, the Real Adventure on Main Farm for example, but it seems a bit hit and miss whether it tells me how much time I have left. I seem to have to open the book, click on the adventure, then click on to something else before going back to the adventure THEN the time remaining bar appears. That is seriously annoying and could surely be fixed. The other thing is the fishing hard worker event. I don't seem to be able to find it in the quests but it would be handy to be able to pin it, especially as there isn't really much else to pin in the fishing region.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 03.09.2021
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    We appreciate your feedback and are taking it to the team. Thank you.
  • Ho11ywood (US1)Ho11ywood (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    I kind of like the Quest Book; it is not all bad; maybe just some tweaks.
    I do like the separation by categories; However...
    1-We should be able to disable the thumbs up recommended task if we do not want it shown
    2-We should NOT have to scroll down in a window to see the 3rd task to complete a Themed event list. Example: Fairy Tale Time - 1st task is to collect cabbage & corn and then donate eggs... The donate eggs was out of site. I could see the collect cabbage and corn and completed them but the task did not complete/go away.  I did not notice the donate eggs since we had to scroll down to see it, therefore, I missed it and had to spend extra time to complete it. Out of sight , out of mind.
    3-Need more Favorite "heart" spaces; 2 is not enough... If we could have 5 spaces under the Quest Book icon that we had OUR choice to "heart" that would be great.
    Thanks..
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I kind of like the Quest Book; it is not all bad; maybe just some tweaks.
    I do like the separation by categories; However...
    1-We should be able to disable the thumbs up recommended task if we do not want it shown
    2-We should NOT have to scroll down in a window to see the 3rd task to complete a Themed event list. Example: Fairy Tale Time - 1st task is to collect cabbage & corn and then donate eggs... The donate eggs was out of site. I could see the collect cabbage and corn and completed them but the task did not complete/go away.  I did not notice the donate eggs since we had to scroll down to see it, therefore, I missed it and had to spend extra time to complete it. Out of sight , out of mind.
    3-Need more Favorite "heart" spaces; 2 is not enough... If we could have 5 spaces under the Quest Book icon that we had OUR choice to "heart" that would be great.
    Thanks..
    five spaces for favorites would be great. I'm finding that the quest book is making the DW very more cumbersome -- too many clicks.
  • LuckyJenny6 (US1)LuckyJenny6 (US1) US1 Posts: 33
    edited 06.09.2021
    The Quest Book is not an improvement to the game and the change don't make any sense. Everything was already organized, easy to find, easy to see, now I have to search for everything. The print is smaller making it harder to read. Not a helpful change at all. I also noticed that a lot of the Fairy Tale Time dialogue is missing. I enjoyed reading the dialogue, now most of it is gone. I don't like these changes at all. These changes are worse than the horse racing changes. 
    Post edited by LuckyJenny6 (US1) on

Maby if we share we are  "the most happy" with the new lab, maybe they return it too its old state  :p
    Hahahahahahaha .. good one!!!!
  • landghe (SKN1)landghe (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 93
    I would like the daily tasks  that don´t change to be able to keep as favorites forever, like the fish 10 kg bass, the horse farm task  do strength training. The same for 31 days task in the fishing region, fish a certain amount of salmon, herring and swordfish. These task don´t change, so everyday you have to re click them as favorites and then they disappear once you completed them. They don´t reappear as favorites the next day and you have to star the process again. The same for the themed event tasks. This new system is not an improvement and I miss the rewards, because i forget them. If i don´t collect the bass reward,  I won´t get a new daily task until I collect the old one and then you wait a day for the new task.
Sign In to comment.