Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] New Update - Get Organized!

RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
2021 August Update

This is the thread to discuss 

New Update - Get Organized!

Comments

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Get organized....great theme for GGS themselves.

I am glad that at least something is done about the lab; exchanging catalyst is some improvement. But is is hardly what I was hoping for when , after all the ruckus about the lab, GGS admitted they were not entirely happy about the change themselves.
    But as always....when the dust settles....previous changes are not undone....at best a little tweaked. Pity.
  • Can anyone find the new event? it has disappeared
    The update seems to have swallowed the global point event, while yesterday it was indicating it would run for 4 more days
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    We are aware that some have now lost the GPE  :(  ... it is under investigation already

• The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 30.08.2021
    Hmmm, I was actually pretty excited about the catalyst update, perhaps it would have a better exchange rate, perhaps you could type in the amount of catalysts you want to exchange, instead of having to do a crazy amount of clicking.

Now that I've see it, it just makes me want to cry, as I have little faith that after adding the catalyst exchange option in the lab that they'll keep the catalyst exchange offer running, and so this will definitely have an impact on game-play, especially for those, like me, that can't repair tokens for dollars.

I'm sure others see it and are affected by it differently, but for me, this update is absolutely terrible, ie;
    | The Worst | The Bane of my Existence | A Terrible Mistake | Something That Should be Immediately Reversed |
    edited 30.08.2021
    After the whole ritual of clearing cache and so on and closing en restarting my browser, the event is back. They only forgot one thing.......why is it not enclosed in the new update but does it still have a separate button?

As for the lab...the exchange seems to work, but unfortunately my second lab, left at level 6 after the " update" (read downgrade) is still useless.....to exchange catalyst it needs a higher level. It does not take in account that I also have a lab lvl 16. So if this is all the change to be expected for the lab, my second lab can be demolished. Pity for all the dollars it cost.

As for the horse transporter....why not put it on the left of the screen on the path above the garage? Now it is parked more or less behind the coop tree, where my apartment building is also obscuring the visibility.

Oops...spoke too soon. The button of the GPE is back, but it is not working.
  • How does the favourites button work, mine does not seem to do anything?
  • The catalyst update is no use to me, I want the yellow and green catatalysts, now I can only exchange one for the other, or am I reading it wrong?
    How does the favourites button work, mine does not seem to do anything?

You don't click the buttons. You pick a Quest and click the heart here which goes red like mine above
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    The catalyst update is no use to me, I want the yellow and green catatalysts, now I can only exchange one for the other, or am I reading it wrong?
    You are going to have to upgrade your lab in order to exchange the blue colored catalysts for the green ones. You have to be able to use the catalysts in the lab in order to exchange it.  That is how I am reading it.
  • amazingrose7 (GB1)amazingrose7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 436
    edited 30.08.2021
    No GPE button at all here
    Oops...spoke too soon. The button of the GPE is back, but it is not working.
    Logging out completely, not just refresh has done the trick for me
  • @RosyStarling, got ir thank you x
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Why are they always trying to fix things that aren't broken.  I liked the side bar the way it was - I could see everything I needed to see.  I do like Mermaids Bays new home though.
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Hmmm, I was actually pretty excited about the catalyst update, perhaps it would have a better exchange rate, perhaps you could type in the amount of catalysts you want to exchange, instead of having to do a crazy amount of clicking.

Now that I've see it, it just makes me want to cry, as I have little faith that after adding the catalyst exchange option in the lab that they'll keep the catalyst exchange offer running, and so this will definitely have an impact on game-play, especially for those, like me, that can't repair tokens for dollars.

I'm sure others see it and are affected by it differently, but for me, this update is absolutely terrible, ie;
    | The Worst | The Bane of my Existence | A Terrible Mistake | Something That Should be Immediately Reversed |

One thing I have learned about this game over the years is that as soon as something becomes too good to be true or was added when it was new...............................................always ask yourself what you will do if it gets taken away or changed.  Cause at some point it may very well get changed.  And it is never good! LOL
  • AJR (US1)AJR (US1) US1 Posts: 56
    I like the new task bar- definitely easier to scroll through the thousands of tasks they give us lol!

The new lab tab is definitely gonna be useful!
  • Hmmm, I was actually pretty excited about the catalyst update, perhaps it would have a better exchange rate, perhaps you could type in the amount of catalysts you want to exchange, instead of having to do a crazy amount of clicking.

One thing I have learned about this game over the years is that as soon as something becomes too good to be true or was added when it was new...............................................always ask yourself what you will do if it gets taken away or changed.  Cause at some point it may very well get changed.  And it is never good! LOL

Perhaps, when we got the catalyst converter offer, it was obvious that they were going to take it away at some point, doesn't mean I have to like it in any way, shape or form.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 30.08.2021
    Please do a favour and stop updating the game. Most updates are literally just downgrading certain parts of the game and it's really stupid to see this continue on and on without addressing any of the issues that these updates cause.

I understand that the company has to run at a profit, but I honestly don't see how these changes affect their profits in any positive way and they just upset a bunch of people.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346

The catalyst exchange looks promising.. I do agree with Kimmiecat though – I had been saving my lower level labs waiting for what might come to rehabilitate them after the previous change to the labs, but this update sort of seals the deal, I have no hope for using them ever again

The tasks list, or as they call it the “quest log” (that new term will take some getting used to), adds an extra click to open it, extra clicks to expand/collapse each section since we can’t see all tasks now if each area is expanded …… we click enough already, thank you very much, we don’t need ones added that serve no other purpose. Even worse than that, it also makes the icons and print smaller than they had been. My older eyes have a hard time seeing everything this new way. I don’t like this at all. For me it’s worse than when the farm area was made smaller for the ad bar which they ended up removing. There was nothing wrong with how the task bar was, so why change it??

My quest book on the MF had a red circle with the #2 in it, I would think that means I have 2 new quests ….. I clicked on every single section in every single tab and there are no new quests…..after farming for a bit that # in the circle changed to a 5. So again, I clicked on every section in every tab – that is over 20 clicks each time …. what an absurd amount of clicking, all for naught. After a little more farming, that # changed to a 4, then later to a 1. In all that time I only completed 1 task (quest). If this feature stays (the new quests list setup), I will have to make a choice of never again completing any tasks, or just stop playing. I am not about to instill or aggravate carpal tunnel just looking for a task that I can barely see anyways because of the reduced size.

(yes, I am aware this # in the red circle is different per farm, and I was only looking at the # while on my main farm each time I remarked that the # changed)

Adding the Mermaid Bay to the DSF screen in addition to the flower farm…. I don’t see much point in that. The Mermaid Bay uses items from Oleg & pier fishing from the MF, GF & FF, it doesn’t have anything to do with DSF. Also, the only way to click on it from the DSF screen is to collapse the quest lists to see it. Because that’s just 1 more “click” added, I for one won’t be using it except from the FF so it’s just taking up space and graphics for me.

A side effect from this update is that all of my DSF boats are docking at a different location than they used to. This really messes up the setup I had with my boats. I don’t think I dare ask if there’s any hope they can be put back to their previous order …. I’m afraid I know the answer is no.

Adding the horse trailer to the MF is about the same – it just takes up space and graphics, I don’t see a point to it. I mean, were players having a difficult time accessing the horse racing before? And why a trailer instead of another sign?

This leads me to a curiosity question – are there any players that use the little signs to go from 1 farm to another?  For example, on the flower farm we can get to horse ranch from the sign top center of the screen, or the village from the sign to the left of the parking lot, or the MF from the sign below the farming area approximately above the current mission tab (I personally never use these signs, more or less just see them as a useless graphic or minor annoyance during item hunts when I accidentally click one when scanning the farm while it’s zoomed in). This game keeps using more & more memory which tires out my poor little computer. I am wondering if removing unused graphics or features would relieve some of that

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    2021 August Update

I am liking the New Quest book part of it, thank you, :)
  • Again trouble's with the beach garden after fixing a problem, pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

The amount op Dandelion is lowered after the last update from 2780 (guessing) to now 2360
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 30.08.2021
    Post edited by Rocky123 (IN1) on
  • Rose1006 (US1)Rose1006 (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    edited 30.08.2021
    Please return the Mermaid Bay to the Flower Farm. It is tucked away UNDER the side task menu now and hard to see. Honestly there was NO reason to move it to the Fishing area, Now it is out of site / out of mind IMO

ETA It is now showing up on both farms : fishing and flower lol  
    GGS must have new employees that want to put their "mark" on the game with new changes lol

• Dvroh (US1)Dvroh (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    I preferred the drop down menu to the quest book. The quest book is another change whose only result is annoyance, by increasing the number of clicks needed to use. It would have been useful to get rid of nagging friends quest, since you already added a nagging friends tree. Why can't we unclick the "recommended quest" like a real toggle button?  Being able to exchange catalysts is OK, but it would have been better to revert to the old, much more useful, farm laboratory. The only true improvement was adding the fish restaurant to the fishing view, as that is where it belonged all along. All in all, a lot of programming effort without any improvement to the enjoyment of the game. You seemed determined to drive away your customers.
    Again trouble's with the beach garden after fixing a problem, pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

The amount op Dandelion is lowered after the last update from 2780 (guessing) to now 2360
    It's been reported.  Fingers crossed they will sort it, properly, quickly
  • StarPansy9 (US1)StarPansy9 (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    edited 30.08.2021
    I don't like the catalyst exchange right now. I preferred the special offer to exchange my catalysts than the catalyst exchange. I am hoping that Special offer for catalysts is not discontinued?
  • jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) NL1 Posts: 319
    edited 30.08.2021
    i liked the old lab !!!!!!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I prefer the task bar as it was. A quick glance told me everything I needed to do.  Now, they've just added more clicks to the Click Fest the game has become. It's much more labor intensive. With so much going on, we need functions to be streamlined, not more cumbersome.
  • Again trouble's with the beach garden after fixing a problem, pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Update: all the items are lower amounts than before  !!!!!
Sign In to comment.