Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New right side bar?

Comments

• pmilers (US1)pmilers (US1) US1 Posts: 18
    If you want to block ads and you are using Chrome, you can install uBlocker, which is a Chrome extension and then you don't have the ads.  Since I've installed it, I can also play the game without it slowing down my computer.
  • CLIFFO (US1)CLIFFO (US1) US1 Posts: 202
    Here it is. I've cropped identifying information from the top and bottom of the screen. From Coop chat since my OP at least 4 of my fellow Coop members are experiencing the same difficulties.

you dont have a adblocker installed on your browser ?... ive never seen those ads in this game ever 
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I do use an adblocker, I installed it ages ago because my little ole computer just can't take video ads popping up for every page I go to.... having video ads on this computer is like being on dial-up internet service (remember those times? - LOL)

Like Grandpa Squeak said, an adblocker just takes the ads away, there is still a white banner down the right side of the screen now that reduces the space I can see my farm / it reduces my play area / makes everything on the farm smaller.
    For me, it's not the vision so much as it is that I use a touchscreen device and having the smaller play area has made it harder to aim to hit the right object. I am constantly harvesting things I hadn't intended to, &/or constantly zooming in & out as I play which is just mildly annoying (IMHO)
  • Set (US1)Set (US1) US1 Posts: 45
    Balance?

From what I gather, back in the early days farmers were rewarded with gold for choosing to watch ads. The company makes money from viewers watching the ads just like they do when players buy gold.

That is the method I have seen in several other games. Why are players not being payed for the torture you are putting on them? 

By forcing ads on everyone that does not buy gold often enough in your opinion you are swaying the balance of the game. The game makes more money than it should and new players are driven away instead of embraced. 

Also, at what point has a player payed their fair share? I believe I saw it mentioned that higher level players would not have ads pushed on them. At what level or dollar investment does that occur?

Minimum gold gold purchase is $5.00. In all honesty I spend $50-100 per year as a one time donation to the game and my coop with a coop match offer for the year. So a $5 purchase used 4 times is enough to go with no ads for an entire year but if I spend $100 I will get ads again in 3 months?  

Please clarify dreamworld-does a purchase there count towards your regular farm and vice versa? To be perfectly clear if I purchase gold at DW does it count for 3 month on main farm, and if I purchase gold on MF does it count at DW? If not why??? its clearly the same account.

I have posed several important questions in this post. Please do your best to answer them completely and accurately for all players to see. 

Mods-I appreciate and respect your work and know you cant answer everything I asked. But please do not merge this with another thread as it will bury it to the bottom of the forum. When a new message is merged it does not appear to stay in recent history for the forum.

P.S. I adblock the S--- out of this game. when that stops working my $50-100 per year is gone. 

Happy farming,

Set 

• Here it is. I've cropped identifying information from the top and bottom of the screen. From Coop chat since my OP at least 4 of my fellow Coop members are experiencing the same difficulties.

you dont have a adblocker installed on your browser ?... ive never seen those ads in this game ever 

My computer was a high end gaming rig when I bought it 8 years ago before my accident that damaged my vision. Even the age it is I have no problems with lag on Big Farm and before my accident I didn't play browser games since I was able to play much more complicated and fast paced games. This and one other gaming forum are the only things that come close to social media that I use and I only had one post here prior to starting this thread. I've never needed an ad blocker before. Usually if I have a problem with a web site I just modify the html code since I created web sites professionally for 5 years but on a game like this doing so would alter the developer's coding which is, as I mentioned before, illegal in the USA with out the express written consent of the developers.
  • I didn't realize the ads were coming from this game.  I thought they were just a google thing and tried to get rid of google.  Since it is just this game I could use a rest of coming here.  Maybe I have played it too long anyway.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 13.07.2021
    So, if you use an ad blocker, what I'm reading is that we'll still have a white stripe down the side. If we purchase gold, will the white strip also remain? Please let us know. Thanks.

@mods, do you know?  
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Message me if you want to know a way to work around the adverts and free up the space they take.
  • Autumnferret (US1)Autumnferret (US1) US1 Posts: 1,168
    I forgot about the old movie theater that we used to be able to click on to play ads and got rewards! They removed that cuz it never worked very well and too many complained that they couldn't get their little rewards. I had 1 in my co-op back then that was driving me crazy with her complaining about it cuz she acted like I was supposed to be able to fix it for her and no matter how many times I said to contact support she still came to me cuz support wouldn't give her the rewards she lost from it not working right. Anyway, since it's only on my DW I just move the window to have that side off my screen, Yes it still bothers me with the size of my game area being smaller, but I'm not being bothered by the flashing stuff.
  • I forgot about the old movie theater that we used to be able to click on to play ads and got rewards! They removed that cuz it never worked very well and too many complained that they couldn't get their little rewards. I had 1 in my co-op back then that was driving me crazy with her complaining about it cuz she acted like I was supposed to be able to fix it for her and no matter how many times I said to contact support she still came to me cuz support wouldn't give her the rewards she lost from it not working right. Anyway, since it's only on my DW I just move the window to have that side off my screen, Yes it still bothers me with the size of my game area being smaller, but I'm not being bothered by the flashing stuff.

The smaller size on Dreamworld isn't an issue for me since the map for that farm is smaller than Main or Gourmet farm. I can zoom in farther on DW without losing things because the map is smaller. That and there aren't any things I need to click on the right side of DW that might cause me to accidentally click on the ads.
  • Autumnferret (US1)Autumnferret (US1) US1 Posts: 1,168
    I didn't realize the ads were coming from this game.  I thought they were just a google thing and tried to get rid of google.  Since it is just this game I could use a rest of coming here.  Maybe I have played it too long anyway.
    My understanding is the showing of ads is coming from the game, which ads ya see are coming from Google and your browsing history/cookies. Nowadays every website ya go to has a statement on it about use of cookies and ya have to allow them to use the site. This is so they can keep track of what ya look at to show ya ads for that stuff and to sell to other companies so they know what ya may want. Kinda like the old fashion mailing lists. Once ya on em, your info just bought and sold from 1 company to another. Sorry I think I just strayed into how I can't stand how much of this goes on and people just allow it to happen. Just like all the apps some have on their phones and how many gave em permission to turn on the mic and record then just so they can find out what ads to show ya.
    I forgot about the old movie theater that we used to be able to click on to play ads and got rewards! They removed that cuz it never worked very well and too many complained that they couldn't get their little rewards. I had 1 in my co-op back then that was driving me crazy with her complaining about it cuz she acted like I was supposed to be able to fix it for her and no matter how many times I said to contact support she still came to me cuz support wouldn't give her the rewards she lost from it not working right. Anyway, since it's only on my DW I just move the window to have that side off my screen, Yes it still bothers me with the size of my game area being smaller, but I'm not being bothered by the flashing stuff.
    I tried moving the window, but when I do, it cuts off the bottom tool bar. Not a huge deal, but the smaller play area isn't much fun for me and my baby boomer eyesight. :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    If you want to block ads and you are using Chrome, you can install uBlocker, which is a Chrome extension and then you don't have the ads.  Since I've installed it, I can also play the game without it slowing down my computer.
    The point is we should not have to install any thing in order to play their game - Remove all ads or pay us to watch them - simple!!
  • rancher (GB1)rancher (GB1) GB1 Posts: 0
    please   stop showing them  .cant afford to buy  anything anyway but  bloody annoying when i am in middle of a mission.or else i will stop playing the game, Thanks,
    So, if you use an ad blocker, what I'm reading is that we'll still have a white stripe down the side. If we purchase gold, will the white strip also remain? Please let us know. Thanks.

@mods, do you know?  
    Could we please get an answer to this?  Thanks!!
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    We have forwarded it to the Team.  You will know when we know. :)
  • Bruce04 (US1)Bruce04 (US1) US1 Posts: 198
    Time to quit the game! Even with an ad blocker, I still get the white bar. Just no ads.
    edited 24.07.2021
    We have forwarded it to the Team.  You will know when we know. :)
    Hi, CQ, someone must know the answer to this. The people who implemented this should be able to tell you right away.  Would the Community Manager be able to find out?

And to the group in general:  Has anyone bought gold since this new development, and if so, did the white bar stay or go away?  Several players are waiting to buy gold until they hear back. Thanks!!
    Time to quit the game! Even with an ad blocker, I still get the white bar. Just no ads.
    That's what makes me think the white bar (and reduced playing area) will remain even if gold is purchased. 
  • Bruce04 (US1)Bruce04 (US1) US1 Posts: 198
    Make it go away please!
  • FuriousFarmer07 (IN1)FuriousFarmer07 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 783
    edited 26.07.2021
    Only the US server has that right side banner...
    It hasn't come to any other servers luckily. I too play in US server...I saw that ad... this is not at all fair.
    They are showing an ad when we login and an another ad on the right side!!!
    This is too much!
    Is GGS so poor?
  • vbillyboy55 (AU1)vbillyboy55 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 214
    I have just started receiving unwanted ads that reduce the size of my Big Farm screen.
    Is anyone else experiencing this ?

Only happens to Big Farm screen  ,  no other site is affected.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    @vbillyboy55 (AU1)

I moved you to thread discussing this

It has been on the US server for quite time but has now gone global

Please see In-Game Ad Launch HERE

• Ämmä (SKN1)Ämmä (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 6
    Jos siinä on pakko olla joku palkki niin sen pitää olla siirrettävissä reunaaan piiloon, vie turhaan tilaa ruudulta. Parempi poistaa se saman tien, mielummin se hyppyikkuna minkä voi sulkea.
  • ren (NL1)ren (NL1) NL1 Posts: 10
    Rechts op het scherm krijgen leden witte band op het scherm, met reclame.  Is alleen bij scherm BF
  • @vbillyboy55 (AU1)

I moved you to thread discussing this

It has been on the US server for quite time but has now gone global

Please see In-Game Ad Launch HERE

Yeah I saw...
    It came to the Indian server too.
    When I logged in today i saw it :(

• Jos siinä on pakko olla joku palkki niin sen pitää olla siirrettävissä reunaaan piiloon, vie turhaan tilaa ruudulta. Parempi poistaa se saman tien, mielummin se hyppyikkuna minkä voi sulkea.
    Translated - If it has to have a bar, then it must be able to be hidden at the edge, taking up space on the screen in vain. Better to remove it right away, preferably a pop-up window that can be close.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Jos siinä on pakko olla joku palkki niin sen pitää olla siirrettävissä reunaaan piiloon, vie turhaan tilaa ruudulta. Parempi poistaa se saman tien, mielummin se hyppyikkuna minkä voi sulkea.
    ren (NL1) said:
    Rechts op het scherm krijgen leden witte band op het scherm, met reclame.  Is alleen bij scherm BF
    I'm afraid this is an English only forum and you need to use English only here

The right side banner ad were trialled on the US server and it has now come to all of us :(
  • diksh (IN1)diksh (IN1) IN1 Posts: 30
    This banner thing launched by them is very distracting, ads appearing was enough and now this, i like this game but if they keep on adding new ways of showing ads then i will have to search for some other free, no ad farm game  :(
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    This banner thing launched by them is very distracting, ads appearing was enough and now this, i like this game but if they keep on adding new ways of showing ads then i will have to search for some other free, no ad farm game  :(
    If you find a decent alternative would you message me and I will join the exodus

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file