Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] April Update - The Obsidian Farm

Comments

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    edited 03.05.2021

doesn't seem to be much sense to keep upgrading, as soon as you get close ..they throw another monkey wrench in to make you go broke...
    thanks but  no thanks

I believe your post has too many words in caps. Please change the font. We get your unhappiness about the new Obsidian Farm.  We are collecting data to forward to the team. So there is no need for posts in All Caps.  Thank  you. :)
    Post edited by ChickadeeQuilter on
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 29.04.2021
    @Exxy (INT1)  not 65k obsidian or 45k diamonds

it is 65k obsidian AND 45k diamonds, just to start. and ALSO have level 10 farms house.  This is ONLY for big farms or players with deep pockets  MOST players on AU server don't even have a level 10 farmhouse
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    @Exxy (INT1)  not 65k obsidian or 45k diamonds

it is 65k obsidian AND 45k diamonds, just to start. and ALSO have level 10 farms house.  This is ONLY for big farms or players with deep pockets  MOST players on AU server don't even have a level 10 farmhouse
    I understand about many players not having farmhouses at level 10.  This will just give incentives to progress in the game.  There is the same situation with the Dairy, etc. When players level up then they get the added perks. :)
  • bracha (US1)bracha (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    Just to clarify: I need to upgrade my farmhouse to lvl 11, get obsidian from the fl that's practically impossible and then get enough diamond though I still didn't figure out how to get diamonds in this game. I suppose that in the new farm I'll need more dollars to buy anything. This sounds completely useless unless they make some major changes.
  • vbillyboy55 (AU1)vbillyboy55 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 214
    According to my screen it will take in excess of 92 hours to upgrade Farmhouse from level 10 to 11.
    And this after amassing enough obsidan to do the research to enable you to upgrade , not to mention the diamonds.
     Is this correct ?
  •   We are collecting data to forward to the team. 
    Most of us have seen how that goes.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    What I find upsetting about this -- let's forget the Obsidian Farm for a moment -- is the switch in currency needed.  The upgrades to the grand farmhouse always required farm dollars. Period. Now it requires a large amound of diamonds. Very unfair to switch the rules on us.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 30.04.2021
    IMO I think from the little I have seen the new farm looks good, except for needing the obsidian.  Why did we need another currency?   If we have another currency, why not set up a currency exchange in trade centre.  TO trade off excess unwanted currency for other currency we do need.  

Currency we have now are
    Farm $
    gold
    diamonds
    Obsidian
    candy vouchers
    shell
    runes
    lucky coins
    wwc coins
    certificates
    horse shoe
    golden horseshoes
    horse crests
    karma points
    goldfish coins
    PP tickets

from memory that is 16 different currencies, if I have them all

but also at currency exchange you could trade other unwanted as well, like dung, leaves, skins, boats in inventory as well as unwanted buildings inventory., again there are probably other items that could go on this list.

Player have been asking for years for things to do with excess items.  

CURRENCY EXCHANGE, in trade centre I feel would be the best.  and as easy as having to drop down menus first is what you want to exchange list, 2nd drop down what to exchange it for and show what the exchange rate would be for those currencies/items

This is NOT a player exchange system
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    They just cramming as much different things in, changing the levels, changing the size, changing the colour and look and so that you have more to use gold on. There is no end to this, this is why it is a cash cow.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    All I am gonna say bout this is>

Image result for facepalm pics

( Face - Palm ) !
  • @Exxy (INT1)  not 65k obsidian or 45k diamonds

Well, it does give reduced building time on the main farm as well as some more barnspace.

While i do have dollar concerns on the farm with all the upgrading and stuff, i really don't see how the price of upgrading the farm house is any big concern or talking point at all, even for those who can't afford it, it is still just something you need to get to unlock the Obsidian farm, just like the Obsidian and Diamonds :)
    as I can see we need to collect obsidian first ...65000 for starters
    but I also see we need diamonds to make upgrades to higher level
    45.000 diamonds to upgrade the main house ,50.000 diamonds to upgrade the mill   
    (along with the cost for the obsidian research for each of course)
    etc, etc...  

one thing I saw that doesnt require obsidian is the fertile field, it says 65000 gold to reach level 11
    (I dont know if there are others ) but...
    two questions I have 
    1. the FL wont give diamonds anymore? only obsidian or it will be both?
    2. the HWE doesnt end tomorrow ? normaly we had a 24 hour clock by now , the event ending tomorrow and the CC starting but... I see no clock for the cc either

is there a delay to the CC because the new FL isnt ready or just a mix up to the hours?

No, this chwe is 4 days long, we haven't see one for ages, so possibly that why you're confused :)

• harden21 (US1)harden21 (US1) US1 Posts: 32
    Im looking forward to it :smile::sunglasses::smiley:
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    edited 30.04.2021
    The obsidian farm looks to be geared towards players who have diamonds to spare.  In order to produce obsidian humus and obsidian special seeds (the main drawing points of the farm), you need to spend a small amount of diamonds on every batch.  So unless the obsidian farm also provides us a way to earn diamonds to offset this cost, I think it's more efficient to just ignore the obsidian farm and spend the diamonds on upgrading buildings on the 3 regular farms.

Though I suppose my opinion might change depending on what use obsidian leaves and animals have, and if it can turn a profit in farm dollars.

Edit: Now that I've thought about it a bit, I'm guessing selling animals will probably earn you obsidian.  And then there will be an obsidian trader too.  Well, maybe I'll hope the obsidian trader will sell diamonds.  Though I seriously doubt it.
    Post edited by Pietral (US1) on
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    The obsidian farm looks to be geared towards players who have diamonds to spare.  In order to produce obsidian humus and obsidian special seeds (the main drawing points of the farm), you need to spend a small amount of diamonds on every batch.  So unless the obsidian farm also provides us a way to earn diamonds to offset this cost, I think it's more efficient to just ignore the obsidian farm and spend the diamonds on upgrading buildings on the 3 regular farms.

Though I suppose my opinion might change depending on what use obsidian leaves and animals have, and if it can turn a profit in farm dollars.

Yeah sometimes these new things are geared more towards players at a higher level.  I play a slow game anyways so if it takes time to get these I am in no hurry.  Let's face it, this game is meant to be played slow and if you want a faster game........................you need gold.  This is just nothing new.

I do like that they introduce new things, it makes me rethink how I play the game and for me this is important.  When I look back, the big event was the Bee Event and I am sure a lot of the old timers will remember how hard it was to get the bees back then.  This game has changed a lot and even though I don't agree with everything they do and add, it is still a farming game to me and I enjoy playing it.

I am going to reserve judgement until I can actually see it in action and start working on it. 
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Question: Will the new farm have its own construction slot?
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    IMO I think from the little I have seen the new farm looks good, except for needing the obsidian.  Why did we need another currency?   If we have another currency, why not set up a currency exchange in trade centre.  TO trade off excess unwanted currency for other currency we do need.  

Currency we have now are
    Farm $
    gold
    diamonds
    Obsidian
    candy vouchers
    shell
    runes
    lucky coins
    wwc coins
    certificates
    horse shoe
    golden horseshoes
    horse crests
    karma points
    goldfish coins
    PP tickets

from memory that is 17 different currencies, if I have them all

but also at currency exchange you could trade other unwanted as well, like dung, leaves, skins, boats in inventory as well as unwanted buildings inventory., again there are probably other items that could go on this list.

Player have been asking for years for things to do with excess items.  

CURRENCY EXCHANGE, in trade centre I feel would be the best.  and as easy as having to drop down menus first is what you want to exchange list, 2nd drop down what to exchange it for and show what the exchange rate would be for those currencies/items

This is NOT a player exchange system
    I'm pretty sure it could be implemented easily. But as always don't expect to have a fair exchange rates.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    It is good to see some update for the new farm. However, the nice thing about the flower farm for example was that you could upgrade everything with dollars when your level is high enough. I hope that our progress in the new farm will not be limited by collecting some currency in other events.

The new upgrades are going to put a high demand on the usage of diamonds, so I presume there is going to be some way to get diamonds at a faster rate. Otherwise it is going to take way too long to get any of the new upgrades done as other buildings like the windmill and watermill appear to cost diamonds to upgrade as well.

It also appears that regular stables like the regular cowshed and regular chicken coop can be upgraded to level 10 while themed buildings like tropical cowsheds cannot which doesn't really make sense. There also appears to be some weird text with a word starting with a lower case and then having another word start with a capital letter with no space between each word when you look at those buildings in the build menu.

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I am not sure that even the gold-buyers will be happy.  I hope they make it so obsidian is more available to all the players not just gold-buyers.  I am afraid this new Obsidian Farm will be as useless as our labs. My opinion for now.
  • Maria77 (US1)Maria77 (US1) US1 Posts: 64
    Congratulations GGS.  With this update, I can't even use my brand new Samsung Tablet to play the game. The game is so slow, it is like going to the dentist, and the dentist having a hard time pulling a tooth out, even though he has the tools to do it!!!  I can't use mobile because for some reason it does not let you sign on, it brings you to a brand new farm.   Any suggestions anyone, other then quitting the game until I get a new PC?  I do clean my cache constantly.  I don't have other tabs open.  I have high speed internet.   IT IS THE GAME!!!
  • Another gold grabbing spot for the high spenders. No thanks
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Okay, I have an opinion now on part of this update;  I am finding the notifier at the bottom of the screen completely annoying. Less than 1 year ago, the offers across the top of the screen were combined to a hub on the left because there were so many complaints of too many icons blocking the farm area. Now they added an icon in the farm area? I still click "do not remind be again", and just like before it still pops up every time I login. This game gets impossible to play without clearing cache & history often, which resets this notifier as well. The only difference now is that it's sitting on all my farm screens with that dreaded red exclamation mark and I actually have to click on it specifically to get rid of them instead of them being automatic.
    Why do all players need to go through this because some players didn't read the messages when they logged in? If I ever forgot what one said, I just came here to forum to read about it.

In addition to that thought, if they really wanted to add it to the farm instead of at login, why wouldn't it have been added to the notification area we have at the top of the screen. I mean, why do we now need 2 notification areas?

Here is the quote from the update;
    "Something new is happening! The event is starting! Wait, how come nobody told me? - Did you ever feel like this? Well, no more. We are adding an announcement notifier. In case you ever clicked one of the announcements away by accident, you don’t have to reload the game again just to see it. Just hit the button instead and all recent announcements will pop up! This is what changing from letters to email must have felt like.

When you click on the notifier icon and close the dialog again, the icon disappears until a new announcement is available. If you click “don’t show this message again” in the dialog, the icon does not appear again with the same announcements on the next login like it usually would."

Sorry, I condensed the original post to save room. I just want to say that I am so glad this got added to the games suggestions section!  I hope other players will go there to comment with their thoughts on this idea (good, bad, expand, etc). Here's a link to that post;
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/212082/new-currency-exchange-please 
    It is good to see some update for the new farm. However, the nice thing about the flower farm for example was that you could upgrade everything with dollars when your level is high enough. I hope that our progress in the new farm will not be limited by collecting some currency in other events.

The new upgrades are going to put a high demand on the usage of diamonds, so I presume there is going to be some way to get diamonds at a faster rate. Otherwise it is going to take way too long to get any of the new upgrades done as other buildings like the windmill and watermill appear to cost diamonds to upgrade as well.

It also appears that regular stables like the regular cowshed and regular chicken coop can be upgraded to level 10 while themed buildings like tropical cowsheds cannot which doesn't really make sense. There also appears to be some weird text with a word starting with a lower case and then having another word start with a capital letter with no space between each word when you look at those buildings in the build menu.

I agree. It is not cool for them to change it, sort of like when buying new plots of land no longer cost just farm dollars. 
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @Alaa Ali 1 (INT1)

I think the main purpose of the Obsidian farm benefits, will be the new obsidian humus , and Obsidian SS

But its a bit hard to judge , when nobody have reached it yet

We dont know how big it is, how many buildings we can build , how much ressources it generates

There also seems to be an Obsidian new tab in the Market Hall

As far as research , you can easily see , that this is a first launch , they can easily add higher level research over time
    Okay, I have an opinion now on part of this update;  I am finding the notifier at the bottom of the screen completely annoying. Less than 1 year ago, the offers across the top of the screen were combined to a hub on the left because there were so many complaints of too many icons blocking the farm area. Now they added an icon in the farm area? I still click "do not remind be again", and just like before it still pops up every time I login. This game gets impossible to play without clearing cache & history often, which resets this notifier as well. The only difference now is that it's sitting on all my farm screens with that dreaded red exclamation mark and I actually have to click on it specifically to get rid of them instead of them being automatic.
    Why do all players need to go through this because some players didn't read the messages when they logged in? If I ever forgot what one said, I just came here to forum to read about it.

In addition to that thought, if they really wanted to add it to the farm instead of at login, why wouldn't it have been added to the notification area we have at the top of the screen. I mean, why do we now need 2 notification areas?

Here is the quote from the update;
    "Something new is happening! The event is starting! Wait, how come nobody told me? - Did you ever feel like this? Well, no more. We are adding an announcement notifier. In case you ever clicked one of the announcements away by accident, you don’t have to reload the game again just to see it. Just hit the button instead and all recent announcements will pop up! This is what changing from letters to email must have felt like.

When you click on the notifier icon and close the dialog again, the icon disappears until a new announcement is available. If you click “don’t show this message again” in the dialog, the icon does not appear again with the same announcements on the next login like it usually would."

Click on '''Don't show it again''' on the lower side on the right of the announcement, so the icon will totally disappear until a new announcement is available.  :)  It's working well here. 
    @Heather Norsk (US1)

Sometimes my game was freezing until I get the pop-up announcement when logging in, It wasn't big deal for me to wait a bit, but now the new icon fixed this problem. In my opinion, It is the only good thing in this update till now.
    Thanks Alaa Ali 1 (INT1) for trying to help, but maybe you didn't notice where I stated that I do, "still click "do not remind me again", and just like before it still pops up every time I login. This game gets impossible to play without clearing cache & history often, which resets this notifier as well." 

So, for me, it does not disappear until there is a new message, it only disappears until I login again & the only real difference for me is the icon on my screen and an extra click. 
    I'm glad having the icon works better for you & helps the freezing as you login, but since this update mine is now taking a LOT longer to load as I login. Sad that while it helps some, it's worse for others. Baffling sort of.
  • My event notification button is also stuck on my screen.  And ironically it appeared to notify me of a mood survey.  But having it stuck on my screen is now making my mood even less positive than before and I want to take that survey again!  Not only is it stuck on the screen of all my farms, but it follows me to Dreamworld.

I've clicked the button, chose "Do not show again" and nothing.  I've refreshed, logged out and still there it is, in all its annoying glory.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    My game keeps freezing up and takes ages to go from one farm to the next. I know it is not my pc and it defo is not my internet.
Sign In to comment.