Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] April Update - The Obsidian Farm

This where you can discuss the April Update - The Obsidian Farm

Comments

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Wow this is a surprise.  Looking forward to this.
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    edited 29.04.2021
    My GrandFarmhouse is level 10 and I have enough diamonds to upgrade it to level 11 but it won't let me do it can anyone tell me why?  It is okay I have found out why, you need to access the first research which costs obsidian before you can upgrade your farmhouse, a bit confusing.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 29.04.2021
    it is going to mainly for golders.  You need to get the obsidian first from being promoted in FL.  You need 65k before you can do first research so you can upgrade farmhouse.

Which means all the gold buyers are going to go hard the first CC starting tomorrow, just to get the promotions.  Like everything they do now to this game, gold, gold, gold.  GREED, GREED, GREED.  SO don't get too excited unless you are a gold buyer. Just another way to try make us do these awful, boring, monotonous FL events

They could have just have done it for farm $$ if it was not all about spending more gold
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 29.04.2021
    My GrandFarmhouse is level 10 and I have enough diamonds to upgrade it to level 11 but it won't let me do it can anyone tell me why?  It is okay I have found out why, you need to access the first research which costs obsidian before you can upgrade your farmhouse, a bit confusing.

Click the Ring menu. At about 5 o'clock is the Obsidian icon

Click that to do Research to enable the Upgrade.

This costs Obsidian.
    We will all need patience to earn enough before we can start
  • This is the second upgrade in a row that is totally useless. I have to upgrade with diamonds that are incredibly hard to come by. As said before, this is just another "buy gold" upgrade. 
  • fatcat (GB1)fatcat (GB1) GB1 Posts: 23
    It's the elusive obsidian you need to upgrade your farnhouse to level 11,not diamonds
  • fatcat (GB1)fatcat (GB1) GB1 Posts: 23
    so where is the farmers league with the obsidian?
  • @fatcat (GB1)  it will start with the CC tomorrow
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    I just noticed that you can purchase more new land on all 3 farms, another update for the cash cow.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Last night, I started having the sinking feeling that they would ruin the new farm.  I really hope that turns out to be wrong.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

It appears as though I could do it with diamonds.  Would that ruin the obsidian farm?
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Yes, we are all having to learn to wait and develop patience. :)
  • Qizara (US1)Qizara (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    My Farmer's league is gone ... I'm confused lol  
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Lets wait for the next farmers league ;)

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346

It appears as though I could do it with diamonds.  Would that ruin the obsidian farm?
    You need both diamonds and obsidian to upgrade the farmhouse. Diamonds is the cost, but research needed 1st & that is where the obsidian comes in

• Qizara (US1)Qizara (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    BugsBunny said:
    Lets wait for the next farmers league ;)

oh ok ;)  ty :)
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    as I can see we need to collect obsidian first ...65000 for starters
    but I also see we need diamonds to make upgrades to higher level
    45.000 diamonds to upgrade the main house ,50.000 diamonds to upgrade the mill   
    (along with the cost for the obsidian research for each of course)
    etc, etc...  

one thing I saw that doesnt require obsidian is the fertile field, it says 65000 gold to reach level 11
    (I dont know if there are others ) but...
    two questions I have 
    1. the FL wont give diamonds anymore? only obsidian or it will be both?
    2. the HWE doesnt end tomorrow ? normaly we had a 24 hour clock by now , the event ending tomorrow and the CC starting but... I see no clock for the cc either

is there a delay to the CC because the new FL isnt ready or just a mix up to the hours?
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Got the email today announcing the new farm. All I can say is that I am glad I am not playing Big Farm anymore.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    This is the second upgrade in a row that is totally useless. I have to upgrade with diamonds that are

incredibly hard to come by. As said before, this is just another "buy gold" upgrade. 
    With needing research from FL which is not currently running, I feel I can't really form an opinion of the current update until we can see what it will take to obtain the needed amount of obsidian. But ...

2nd useless upgrade in a row?
    You sparked my curiosity with that comment. I think I'll take a year's look back (I apologize if I miss reporting an upgrade, I'm just listing what I noticed as the main monthly updates);

March = buy decos for gold that boost production
    Feb = added the jams, apples & dandies to missions, added premium greenhouse seeds, booster badges became permanent
    Jan = the lab overhaul, added donkey dwelling, added the jam factory
    Dec = adjusted diamond rewards in Greta's DW, can see last ranking of select ended events, display co-op's preferred language
    Nov #2 = added new temp farm handbooks & new types of seaweed items
    Nov #1 = added the booster board
    Oct = added Greta's DW
    Sept = new land expansions for gold & diamonds instead of farm cash, new handbooks for GF & FF, and the new booster system (when the time reduction ones were divided into several smaller ones)
    Aug = MF library books increased to 12 levels, VF change to allow leader to choose who starts challenges
    July = the dairy was added
    June = added goat enclosure, added Marvelous Farm option to starting Tessa's DW with a more developed farm
    May = added diamond boxes & diamond flowers to MF & DW, added chicken chalet, added horse ranch trophy display area, offers were combined from the top of the screen into the offers hub on the left
    and last April = updates to the previously revamped horse farm and racing, including adding the smelter production building (that uses copper & tin ore from the mine)
  • Anmarie (HU1)Anmarie (HU1) HU1 Posts: 55
    Do we need the lab (lvl 11) to, or just the farmhouse?
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Do we need the lab (lvl 11) to, or just the farmhouse?

The Farmhouse holds a separate Research Lab and is not connected to our current lab.

You need to do the Research, for obsidian, and then upgrade the Farmhouse with diamonds

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 29.04.2021
    From the little video , it seems cool ! :)

So it seems fairly simple

Yeah, we will need 65k Obsidian or 45K diamonds to unlock the obsidian farm i think

Other research were available at level 11
  • I think LIZARDS are GROSS to have on a Farm.  I'd call the exterminators if my farm had them. j A technical MISTAKE they and Orca Whales don't belong on my farm.  Try cat and puppy farms... that's alot more normal.
  • domino666 (INT1)domino666 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
    so, obesian stuff, we can only get when play fl ???

playing it hard i guess, so, cc silo cc siloccssccss

why on earth not come up with a NEW event instead ????????

i think on our server, is only 1 person who looohooooves playing cc cc cc, boohoooo
  • AUDRALYNN (US1)AUDRALYNN (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    DOESN'T SEEM TO BE MUCH SENSE TO KEEP UPGRADING, AS SOON AS YOU GET CLOSE ..THEY THROW ANOTHER MONKEY WRENCH IN TO MAKE YOU GO BROKE...
    THANKS BUT  NO THANKS
  • Maria77 (US1)Maria77 (US1) US1 Posts: 64
    I knew the developers were doing something to slow the game. Poof, we have brand new farm I don't have diamonds to upgrade.  It also looks like farmlab has to be upgraded to 11.    Let me know how it goes guys.  By the time I upgrade, bugs will be flying away.  I agree, prefer not to gave lizards on my personal farm.  I prefer running dogs to help with the feelings I'm feeling right now! Grrr.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    Just another item to ignore.... it might have been interesting, if not made so exclusive for only gold buyers.  You can't really place high in any of the coop events without gold.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    something else to sit in the background & ignore for me I think,  My level 8 Farmhouse needs to be level 11 before I can do anything,  level 9 $26 million & takes 45 hours.
    Just a greedy gold grab I think.
    PASS

• iamdave (US1)iamdave (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    Orcas and lizards....what fool thought that was a great pair of creatures to raise? Why not some creatures that would actually be useful to a farmer. The folks at Good Game have lost their collective minds.
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Another update made so exclusive for gold buyers.  Comical that they name it "obsidian" farm.   A stone that forms a shield against negativity.  Big Farm sure as heck needs it.   :D:D 
Sign In to comment.