Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Multiple WWC coins error

Do we get to keep the wwc coins that we got this morning?

:-)

[edited title to make the specific issue clearer - Rosy]
Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    No :(

Please the News Bulletin HERE
  • oh noooo. :( I know some people already spent the coins. I wonder how that will be handled.

• BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    oh noooo. :( I know some people already spent the coins. I wonder how that will be handled.

We will let you know when we get any information regarding the same :)
  • jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) NL1 Posts: 319
    edited 02.04.2021
    so resume, if we are disadvantaged by something it takes months before we hear anything, but if good games studios is disadvantaged it can be fixed and undone in days. This strategy is very unfortunate, put your efforts into solving the issues that are bothering us, and show that you are only concerned with money.

1. removing the lab as it once was
    2. Didn't give compensation by adjusting the lab
    3. apple jam missions
    4. pineapple jam missions
    5. Cherry jam missions
    6. The endless events and sometimes several at the same time
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    I am rich :D But I know I will be poor again lol

37 system letters lol

edited 02.04.2021
    All your points have already been forwarded and affect all players equally.

In this instance it is not GGS that have been disadvantaged but other farmers.

We all got multiple WWC coins but the little players got multiples of , say 1,000 coins, while the big players  got multiples of, say 25,000 coins.

This seriously disadvantages the newer players with smaller farms.

• All your points have already been forwarded and affect all players equally.

We all got multiple WWC coins but the little players got multiples of , say 1,000 coins, while the big players multiple players got multiples of, say 25,000 coins.

Yeah i see your point rosy, but what about the disadvantage of the farmers who are playing years over and then removing an lab, wich was build with our money/gold and lots off time! that farmers are trown back in time at the same level as the small newly build farms, so in that case the newly build farms have an advantage!

ps we also did serious hard working to get the points, so everybody gets where he has worked for.
    less work - less points, hard work - a lot of points

looks faire to me and possible many others
    I can only emphasise that ALL your points have already been forwarded about the lab, jam missions and events.

• hamsters1 (GB1)hamsters1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 22
    so resume, if we are disadvantaged by something it takes months before we hear anything, but if good games studios is disadvantaged it can be fixed and undone in days. This strategy is very unfortunate, put your efforts into solving the issues that are bothering us, and show that you are only concerned with money.

1. removing the lab as it once was
    2. Didn't give compensation by adjusting the lab
    3. apple jam missions
    4. pineapple jam missions
    5. Cherry jam missions
    6. The endless events and sometimes several at the same time
    It was like that on empire as well, a bug that disadvantaged the consumer or a decision that was widely unpopular would remain in place while anything that affected their profit margins got magically fixed. Inevitably major bugs occur either at weekends or during holidays when their is nobody there to fix things you would think after all these years they would pay for either a skeleton crew or on call staff to be available to fix these issues. 

My main concerns are that in fixing the issue they will remove items purchased with fairly one wwc coins and that the mods will again be the ones that suffer, get all the abuse for a mistake caused by their higher ups.

• Not sure if this is a bug or not, so I'm just mentioning it just in case...
    I got 37 messages about the rankings today lol

• i totally agree with you the mods are the one who get spit on, even they arent the ones who decide what to do.

so a big applause to our mods: @RosyStarling @BugsBunny @ChickadeeQuilter

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 02.04.2021
    I know of players who got to spend there WWC tokens before traders was removed, what happen, to their purchases, also some opened all their gold boxes what happens to those rewards?  We have a player on our server with over 40M shells for temp farm and has not even started it, how is that possible, without tonnes of gold themed boxes?
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    Not sure if this is a bug or not, so I'm just mentioning it just in case...

A BIG BUGG :) 
  • walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    I know of players who got to spend there WWC tokens before traders was removed, what happen, to their purchases, also some opened all their gold boxes what happens to those rewards?  We have a player on our server with over 40M shells for temp farm and has not even started it, how is that possible, without tonnes of gold themed boxes?
    also forgot much player can spend coins to acrobatic kite 8k coins for 1% for it is problem now 
    edited 02.04.2021
    another thought what about someone who went and bought a heap of viking ducks and is now building them.  Will those ducks be removed, then if removed what about the time they spent building them, or gold used to skip them (remember most are on 1/2 build times due to WWC ending so gold skip is 1/2 the price so golders would have done this fast).  I think they will have to leave the rewards given as they are and not remove them as players online who were quick are going to get a huge advantage.  OR they will have to turn back the servers to before payout so everything done over Easter weekend will be removed, INCLUDING CC

The only thing GGS can do is leave the rewards as they are or roll back servers.  Rolling back servers is going to make a LOT of players unhappy.  They should just say "Happy Easter, we had a bug in your favor, Enjoy"
    Not sure if this is a bug or not, so I'm just mentioning it just in case...

An error. I've moved you to thread already discussing it.

See the News Bulletin HERE
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I think it is reasonable to see that they are attempting to resolve this issue. It does cause a significant amount of imbalance and damage to the game's economy. However, one big obstacle in this approach is that it is sounding like some players already used the championship coins to purchase other items. If these players are ignored in this process, then it appears to encourage players to rush to use these resources if they get them and it leaves a bad taste for those who waited to see what would happen. If they ban them, it will be kind of ridiculous as these players were freely given those championship coins to spend it on. Removing buildings that were purchased with them is also a bit borderline as it may be quite difficult to decide how much to remove (eg. Someone has 4k championship coins and gets another 6k, then uses them to buy two tropical cowsheds which cost around 10k. But if those buildings are removed, then the 4k that was saved up before was taken.) I don't know if a rollback is a practical option and I assume it would depend on how the in-game purchases are related to rollbacks.

But what is even more concerning to me is that these situations are dealt with extremely rapidly, while situations such as the laboratory are left for months. In my opinion those kinds of situations cause a lot more damage to the economy of the game, as now the ability to gain XP has been severely affected for many players (particularly lower level players), many players are having more difficulty running at a profit (particularly lower level players), the value of special seeds has been greatly deflated making the nursery somewhat useless, laboratories which cost millions or billions of dollars to upgrade now have their value deflated, etc. This isn't even mentioning the changes where rewards are constantly downgraded with no explanation and no information, such as in this situation. There is a lot of hypocrisy in this situation and it would be nice if they were able to work at even half the speed to resolve those types of issues, or even completely avoid them as the other situations are in general implementations they would have already presumably thought through.
  • server roll back means everything is reset to how it was before the bug.  Including in game purchases.  EVERYTHING goes back. That is why they HAVE to back up on reg basis so they can Roll back servers.  I know for a fact some player bought up big when they received the coins, I was one of them.  I will be very happy if I am 1 of the few with the huge advantage, but that does not mean I think it is right.  I earned most WWC coins on our server and now that has multiplied and I will prob be able to keep them as I spent up fast when I saw the error.   No matter what I will be happy.  Only way is if they roll back server then I will get my correct reward.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    edited 03.04.2021
    We will cater all the concerns you have listed above to the appropriate team, and when we hear back, we'll let you know.

-- Personally --

I understand that some players took the chance and build some buildings by buying them, but this will affect the fair-play mechanism of the game, the game has to remain in a balanced state for it to be fair for everyone, this is just my personal opinion.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    All your points have already been forwarded and affect all players equally.

We all got multiple WWC coins but the little players got multiples of , say 1,000 coins, while the big players  got multiples of, say 25,000 coins.

I understand that however the booster board, and the jam missions seriously disadvantage the newer players with smaller farms also but that doesn't matter...
    edited 03.04.2021
    I also found this on another farm, they are using the extra coins to upgrade the efficient olive grove bought  This person is smarter than me, total cost to build and fully upgrade 45k WWC, dang I am wishing I had of thought of that....lol.

Hint: if you have a efficient olive grove upgrade before Tuesday so they can't take your WWC coins back.

BTW 25000 WWC is HUGE exaggeration, I was top earner on highest league on AU server and mine was not even 2500 multiplied not 25000, with almost 2M WWC points.  So in all the difference between 2000 (which is actually at lot closer to what I got) and even 500 for small farm multiplied, is nowhere near as bad as you are making out to be. WWC coins are calculated at a logarithmic rate so more WWC point you earn the less you get for your effort.  I only try to win WWC for the Grand house (which was not multiplied, I could understand them wanting back if the gold mystery boxes, grand houses and reduced times were multiplied) not for WWC coins and you will find that to be the case for most players that try to win WWC.

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    edited 04.04.2021
    Yes, hopefully we all will know something when the Team comes back on Monday Tuesday. :)
    Post edited by ChickadeeQuilter on
    edited 04.04.2021
    oh I just tried you can also upgrade kite with WWC coins, so if you don't want to just lose them you can upgrade kite, so thre are still 2 methods to use the WWC coins upgrade kite and efficient olive
    server roll back means everything is reset to how it was before the bug.  Including in game purchases.  EVERYTHING goes back. That is why they HAVE to back up on reg basis so they can Roll back servers.  I know for a fact some player bought up big when they received the coins, I was one of them.  I will be very happy if I am 1 of the few with the huge advantage, but that does not mean I think it is right.  I earned most WWC coins on our server and now that has multiplied and I will prob be able to keep them as I spent up fast when I saw the error.   No matter what I will be happy.  Only way is if they roll back server then I will get my correct reward.
    It's not really guaranteed as this is GGS we are talking about. They have taken drastic actions before such as this.

In reality, there are three main options:

1. GGS leaves it as it is. I don't know if everyone received the payout 37 times, but if so then everyone did receive something proportional to the amount of effort they put into the event. However, it is skewed out of proportion of what it should have been.

2. The extra WWC coins are removed from the players that haven't spent them and nothing happens to the others. But then this becomes more like the cherry price bug, where it's based on whether you were online at the right time or not and decided to go for purchasing items instead of waiting to see what happened. This is probably the worst option in my opinion as it shows that you should take advantage of some bug when the opportunity arises.

3. They try to resolve it for everyone. This is extremely complicated, as it involves either a rollback (which already will have a lot of complications and this approach could have been more ideal if it was sorted out earlier), removing buildings purchased with the extra championship coins (which is extremely complicated and can create a whole new set of issues), or banning the players affected which is going to cause another bunch of issues.

I did some research and this situation has occurred before. In that situation, everyone that was affected kept their championship coins while many players did not get any extra championship coins. I don't know if the larger payout amount and the fact that it affected everyone is the main reason that they are trying to remove the championship coins, but in this situation everyone was affected and the received amounts reflect their score in the WWC. I have no idea how they are going to manage this in a fair way if options 2 and 3 are taken unless a rollback is implemented, but the effects of that are going to get worse and worse as the time goes on without any action.
    edited 04.04.2021
    @ninjahuman (AU1) totally agree, I think they have really just got to say "Happy Easter" and let it stand, anything else now will not make sense, but then it is GGS.  Removing WWC coins now would be the most UNFAIR option, due to so many can and will spend the rewards before Tuesday.  Going through every account would be impossible.  Roll back really is not an option as that effects everything that has happened since. 

All this comes down to is what I have also said for years.  A large company like this and there is not 24/7/365 people working there to resolve these problems fast.  This sort of thing happens ALMOST every time there is holidays at GGS and by the time they get back to work, problem has blown way out of control.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • Lord (NL1)Lord (NL1) NL1 Posts: 38
    een  vraag hoe kan  het  dat  iemand  met  een  jamfabriek  level  5 onmiddelijk  550  jam  kan produceren. en  er  normaal  maar  110 mogelijk is  met  mijn  level  9
  • ninjahuman (AU1) said:
    In reality, there are three main options:

1. GGS leaves it as it is. I don't know if everyone received the payout 37 times, but if so then everyone did receive something proportional to the amount of effort they put into the event. However, it is skewed out of proportion of what it should have been.

2. The extra WWC coins are removed from the players that haven't spent them and nothing happens to the others. But then this becomes more like the cherry price bug, where it's based on whether you were online at the right time or not and decided to go for purchasing items instead of waiting to see what happened. This is probably the worst option in my opinion as it shows that you should take advantage of some bug when the opportunity arises.

3. They try to resolve it for everyone. This is extremely complicated, as it involves either a rollback (which already will have a lot of complications and this approach could have been more ideal if it was sorted out earlier), removing buildings purchased with the extra championship coins (which is extremely complicated and can create a whole new set of issues), or banning the players affected which is going to cause another bunch of issues.
    There is another option:
    GGS takes the extra coins back, takes back any structures bought with WWCs and rolls back upgrades done with WWCs. It would be more work on GGS part to do this but it is a viable option.
    een  vraag hoe kan  het  dat  iemand  met  een  jamfabriek  level  5 onmiddelijk  550  jam  kan produceren. en  er  normaal  maar  110 mogelijk is  met  mijn  level  9
    one question how is it possible that someone with a jam factory level 5 can immediately produce 550 jam. and normally only 110 is possible with my level 9 (Using Google Translate)

Ze zouden hoogstwaarschijnlijk de jamfabriek met goud hebben overgeslagen om die hoeveelheid jam te krijgen.

Translation:
    They would have most likely skipped the jam factory with gold to get that amount of jam.

@ninjahuman (AU1) totally agree, I think they have really just got to say "Happy Easter" and let it stand, anything else now will not make sense, but then it is GGS.  Removing WWC coins now would be the most UNFAIR option, due to so many can and will spend the rewards before Tuesday.  Going through every account would be impossible.  Roll back really is not an option as that effects everything that has happened since. 

All this comes down to is what I have also said for years.  A large company like this and there is not 24/7/365 people working there to resolve these problems fast.  This sort of thing happens ALMOST every time there is holidays at GGS and by the time they get back to work, problem has blown way out of control.
    I agree. I think the rollback was only viable within the first few hours. Now it is going to cause a lot of complicated issues. I have a feeling they are going to still try the second or third option though as they probably won't want players to have tens or hundreds of thousands of championship coins for free. But there will probably be some kind of nasty reaction for whichever option is taken.

I know it is also easy for me to be saying this while I will probably get another eight themed cowsheds from this, but realistically any other alternative is going to get a nasty reaction like what is mentioned above.
    There is another option:
    GGS takes the extra coins back, takes back any structures bought with WWCs and rolls back upgrades done with WWCs. It would be more work on GGS part to do this but it is a viable option.
    I presume that would be extremely complicated because:

1. There will be errors in refunding the correct amount unless the buildings are removed and then the missing balance of championship coins is refunded back to the player.

2. There is the issue of refunding the upgrade costs and potential time loss of construction booster use.

3. I am not even sure if they are able to tell which buildings were purchased with championship coins. I know they can track any gold used, but I don't know if it is the same with other resources.

4. It becomes complicated with acrobatic kite upgrades.

So it can work. But it would be extremely complicated and I honestly don't think they would go to all the trouble to sort all of those things out.
  • een  vraag hoe kan  het  dat  iemand  met  een  jamfabriek  level  5 onmiddelijk  550  jam  kan produceren. en  er  normaal  maar  110 mogelijk is  met  mijn  level  9
    gold use and multiple factory's (goud en meerdere fabrieken)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file