Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] Get together on Discord

RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718

This is the thread to discuss the new Discord channel

Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    edited 30.03.2021
    I have a account there, is good for to talk with player, is better to talk with other player because now we are family.I support this idea it's so nice. 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I'm not sure how active it will be, judging from the activity of this forum. Another concern is that these servers can easily get messed up if they aren't set up properly. But apart from those issues, it sounds ok.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    I'm much happy about this, looking forward to interact with you all on Discord  <3
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    It is very possible that players who have been unable to post here on this Forum may be able to do so on Discord, so there will hopefully be much more activity. :)
  • Tweetyr (US1)Tweetyr (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    So if players elect not to join the Discord server will they still be able to play the game, trying to get as much info as possible for our co-op
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 30.03.2021
    Oh yes!

it is just a way of chatting and interacting with other Big Farmers.
  • Tweetyr (US1)Tweetyr (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    So is the whole game on the Discord server? Or is it just the availability of other perks?
    edited 30.03.2021
    The game does not change at all.

You don't NEED to join the Discord server to play  Big Farm

it is for communicating with other Big Farmers from around the globe

Players on ALL servers will be able chat with each other.

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    I have discord, I will try and add it in later, thanks, :)
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I posted some time ago about this idea. Although I only managed to get a very small number of my coop involved, I could see the potential. Chatting directly to players and asking them to sparkle your farm and you theirs and so on; I could see if this is taken up en mass, it could revolutionise game play. However, I mainly got negative feedback on the forum when I posted this idea. Basically, there was too much concern about bad language and general abuse. I think this is a minor issue but the negative side of things tends to be exaggerated by naysayers. This is true of a lot of suggestions on this forum BTW.
  • walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    sent me request  who want GREENPANDA#4088
  • Maria77 (US1)Maria77 (US1) US1 Posts: 64
    Ok, my chance to practice my language skills.  Fun times!  Maybe I will join down the road.
    Discord is another way to communicate and interact with other players. We are planning lots of good and fun things for players to do. :)
  • Autumnferret (US1)Autumnferret (US1) US1 Posts: 1,168
    I understand the basic idea, just not the how it will work. Is it like 1 of those old IM services or a separate window type thing?? A screen shot of it will help with understanding
    A Search for Discord images brings up many screenshots to see how other games use it

Would the tutorial help? Click HERE
  • Autumnferret (US1)Autumnferret (US1) US1 Posts: 1,168
    A Search for Discord images brings up many screenshots to see how other games use it

Would the tutorial help? Click HERE
    THANK YOU!! I've been working overtime, which means 11 hr days and found this when I got home. Too tired to understand when I didn't have the time to investigate. Plus I think I'm at that age where I just don't want change anymore lol 
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Just thinking out loud;
    On 1 hand, I agree, it'll be nice for those who can't get on forum to go to discord.
    On another hand, 1 more account, 1 more login on yet another type of social media is not appealing to me.
    But if we don't join discord, there's a chance to miss out on a lot of good info that we get here in forum. Many might post there instead of here?
    I admit I don't know much about discord, does it just work like a big chat room or is there places to save/post info?
    The game keeps using more & more computer thought process; it's about to where I can't have the game open with anything else at the same time, even just something to read. It got worse again after adding the Easter egg hunt.
    Going back to my 1st thought listed; is this their work-around for the players that can't access forum?  I mean, that's been an issue for a long time. Are they promoting this because they're not going to or be able to fix the forum login issues so many players have?
    No verdict yet, will have to think about this one. But I won't be jumping in and joining discord soon.
    Just thinking out loud;
    On 1 hand, I agree, it'll be nice for those who can't get on forum to go to discord.
    On another hand, 1 more account, 1 more login on yet another type of social media is not appealing to me.
    But if we don't join discord, there's a chance to miss out on a lot of good info that we get here in forum. Many might post there instead of here?
    I admit I don't know much about discord, does it just work like a big chat room or is there places to save/post info?
    The game keeps using more & more computer thought process; it's about to where I can't have the game open with anything else at the same time, even just something to read. It got worse again after adding the Easter egg hunt.
    Going back to my 1st thought listed; is this their work-around for the players that can't access forum?  I mean, that's been an issue for a long time. Are they promoting this because they're not going to or be able to fix the forum login issues so many players have?
    No verdict yet, will have to think about this one. But I won't be jumping in and joining discord soon.
    Discord is an addition. The events channels are the same as you might have noticed.
    Discord is just more "live discussion", more interaction than a forum where replies may take hours or days.
    edited 31.03.2021
    Just thinking out loud;

To add up with what Chickadee said, most of the games these days has their own discord server, from my personal point of view it would really help increase the interaction between players in an international level, and also between the moderators and the players  o:)

And regarding the forum issue,  please stay tuned for some good news shortly ^^ 
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 02.04.2021
    BugsBunny said:

And regarding the forum issue,  please stay tuned for some good news shortly ^^ 
    Looking forward to it - Thank you Bugs Bunny !!!

edit:
    @BugsBunny I just found your post on modnews from January 20th that there was to be a fix 'soon' for the login issue. more than 2 months later the status is still soon?  I don't think they have the same definition of soon that I use. Have they offered anything more concrete about this fix?

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4326205#Comment_4326205

Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
  • hadiya kamran (INT1)hadiya kamran (INT1) INT1 Posts: 5
    edited 01.04.2021
    Discord  is a very good thing it must be fun to use it and to communicate with others <3<3<3<3
    Looking forward to it - Thank you Bugs Bunny !!!

edit:
    @BugsBunny I just found your post on modnews from January 20th that there was to be a fix 'soon' for the login issue. more than 2 months later the status is still soon?  I don't think they have the same definition of soon that I use. Have they offered anything more concrete about this fix?

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4326205#Comment_4326205

The team is working on the issue right now along with Vanilla  o:)
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    I am in te dicoard in te BF server but nothin there is possible to do :(

What is the problem Blossom?

You need to claim a role to see the channels

There is a lot of chat going on
    What is the problem Blossom?

You need to claim a role to see the channels

There is a lot of chat going on
    How I can claim a role there? Please help me

I'd recommend reading the read-first channel too :)
    edited 15.04.2021
    But I can not react! @RosyStarling
    Now it be silent here after DC XD
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I am surprised that there is no audio chat at this stage. I thought that was the main point of Discord.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    If GGS will not answer questions here anymore, why would i bother with a new site?
Sign In to comment.