Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Do we need more rare catalyst?

buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
Without actually keeping records, I've been keeping a close eye on how much rare catalyst we can earn in the game.

Rare Catalyst is the type needed to make the premium feeds that allow you to keep your farm "in the red" and have a tremendous number of production facilities.

So I've been quite careful to win all the catalyst that's available in playing the game.

And it's my estimation that we need at least 2 or 3 times as much Rare Catalyst offered as prizes.  Or better yet, some way to produce it ourselves.  Perhaps a new tractor?

Has anybody else been watching this?  Has anybody actually kept records on it and can tell us where we really stand?

'Cause right now it looks like I'm going to run out of premium feeds, even though I'd built up a HUGE backlog of them.  And then I'll probably have to demolish most of my cows, ducks, goats and chickens and replace them with decos.  Not really looking forward to that eventuality.
Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    'Cause right now it looks like I'm going to run out of premium feeds, even though I'd built up a HUGE backlog of them.  And then I'll probably have to demolish most of my cows, ducks, goats and chickens and replace them with decos.  Not really looking forward to that eventuality.
    Why would you have to demolish them? Players keep talking about this, but these buildings will still make a large profit if they are at a high level without too many issues so I don't see why everyone is saying they have to demolish their stables just because they can't use premium feed anymore.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    I've moved you to suggestions as this is a request for more rare catalysts
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    Why would you have to demolish them? Players keep talking about this, but these buildings will still make a large profit if they are at a high level without too many issues so I don't see why everyone is saying they have to demolish their stables just because they can't use premium feed anymore.
    Yes, them is a big problem for me :neutral: I think GGS must find a way so we can get them. What they think, a lab with needed to many catalysts and we not got enough of them? I hope they change back the lab :)
  • GGS have dropped a few bloomers over the few years I have been on, but this change to the laboratory is the worst of the lot. Takes forever now to reach the next level. I have forgotten what premium feed is now.
  • domino666 (INT1)domino666 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
    Recently, one can BUY catalysts with GOLD

LOL

nope, not gonne happen  
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382

Well, I appreciate your thought, but could you move it back to General Discussions?

This is not so much a request for more Rare Catalyst as it is asking if I'm right in thinking we need more.  So I asked if anybody had been keeping real records and do their figures back up my estimate?  And also hoped to get peoples' thoughts on workarounds or other aspects of this situation.  For instance, Ninjahuman's response about the need to demolish buildings for lack of premium feed.  He may be right and I might be making a mountain out of a molehill.  If my farms can be reasonably profitable even while paying  the production costs of using regular feed, then this whole issue becomes moot.

• buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382

NEVER MIND!

Okay, I did a quick rip on my goats to check out Ninjahuman's belief that you could still be far in the red and make a nice large profit even without using premium feed.

And he's absolutely right!

I'm 489% in the red on my GF.  I've got 27 goats.  They cost $469 each to start.  But I sell the milk for $6000 per goat.  So that's a nice large profit.

The cost to mill feed for 42 goats is only $5000.

So Ninjahuman, assuming it holds true for all other products, (and I'm sure it must), has just exposed the lie in this false idea that it costs too much to run a farm "in the red" unless you can use premium feed.

Yes, your costs will rise -- but not far enough to have to demolish buildings and get your happiness back up into the green.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 11.03.2021

Well, I appreciate your thought, but could you move it back to General Discussions?

This is not so much a request for more Rare Catalyst as it is asking if I'm right in thinking we need more.  So I asked if anybody had been keeping real records and do their figures back up my estimate?  And also hoped to get peoples' thoughts on workarounds or other aspects of this situation.  For instance, Ninjahuman's response about the need to demolish buildings for lack of premium feed.  He may be right and I might be making a mountain out of a molehill.  If my farms can be reasonably profitable even while paying  the production costs of using regular feed, then this whole issue becomes moot.

OK, but I've changed the title from 'We need more rare catalyst' to ' Do we need more more rare catalyst?'

So is reflects your intent better
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Benicia (AU1)Benicia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 63
    As always Ninjahuman is exactly correct, if he is quoting facts and numbers you can take it to the bank that he has analyzed it out the wazoo, This young man is a number cruncher to the extreme.
    Added to that, I think everyone would be foolish to rip out any sort of stables, we still have an abundance of orange fert and the light purple speed feed which while it is not that convenient over the same period of time it will still produce the same if not more than the premium (don't hold me exactly to that) that is NH domain.
    I do admit to pulling out 2 labs, as I see it for the moment there is not point in having multiple buildings sitting idle, and if at some time things change I will put them back.
    I do not have deco's so my farm is and always has been running in the negative ( except of course flower farm) so I was fortunate to have a supply at this moment to keep ticking over. and before any keyboard warrior feels the need to asks and look a bigger turnip than everyone already things they are,........ yes without gold and seaweed.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 11.03.2021

NEVER MIND!

Okay, I did a quick rip on my goats to check out Ninjahuman's belief that you could still be far in the red and make a nice large profit even without using premium feed.

And he's absolutely right!

I'm 489% in the red on my GF.  I've got 27 goats.  They cost $469 each to start.  But I sell the milk for $6000 per goat.  So that's a nice large profit.

The cost to mill feed for 42 goats is only $5000.

So Ninjahuman, assuming it holds true for all other products, (and I'm sure it must), has just exposed the lie in this false idea that it costs too much to run a farm "in the red" unless you can use premium feed.

Yes, your costs will rise -- but not far enough to have to demolish buildings and get your happiness back up into the green.
    Yes. :) I already did this before occasionally like for months when I didn't have a laboratory that could produce premium duck feed.

For the flower farm, it is a different situation. I will double check and edit this post later, but I recall that apiaries will run at a loss. That's why I have left decorations on that farm, although the flower farm can still run at an overall profit due to the shop.

As always Ninjahuman is exactly correct, if he is quoting facts and numbers you can take it to the bank that he has analyzed it out the wazoo, This young man is a number cruncher to the extreme.
    Added to that, I think everyone would be foolish to rip out any sort of stables, we still have an abundance of orange fert and the light purple speed feed which while it is not that convenient over the same period of time it will still produce the same if not more than the premium (don't hold me exactly to that) that is NH domain.
    I do admit to pulling out 2 labs, as I see it for the moment there is not point in having multiple buildings sitting idle, and if at some time things change I will put them back.
    I do not have deco's so my farm is and always has been running in the negative ( except of course flower farm) so I was fortunate to have a supply at this moment to keep ticking over. and before any keyboard warrior feels the need to asks and look a bigger turnip than everyone already things they are,........ yes without gold and seaweed.
    Thanks. :) It is not an ideal situation, like it is costing me around 3 million per day from the production costs and 3 million from the dollar reward from levelling up not coming as frequently, but it is still manageable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file