Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] Just In! February Update!

Comments

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I am confused with placing boosters on the board.  I just now paid 7M to activate one booster and placed it on the board--it has increased my harvest fine.    I seem to be stuck.   I can't access the list of boosters to activate another one.   Does the board only give you one spot?   Do I need to spend a huge amount of gold to increase the borders for more spots?   Obviously, this is my first time using the board and I can't find my way around.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  
    I don't know about exactly how the setup with the board works, but I think you can use five booster badges regardless of anything else. You probably have to click on each badge you want to change and then change that badge before doing that for the next booster badge.
  • outawac (US1)outawac (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    ok thanks Ninja.   I have enough farm dollars to activate one more.  Enjoy your day.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    ok thanks Ninja.   I have enough farm dollars to activate one more.  Enjoy your day.
    You're welcome and have a great one as well.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Does anyone know how I can get the badges OFF the booster board?
    I see where they can be changed, but i want it empty.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Now I ask again, but today I have accepted an invitation to a Coop. Later I would start a mission and it unfortunately sounded like 500 (and some) pineapple jam, which I can not make since I do not have the seeds.

I have not had such missions before, only flowers, feet and the like. easy. Is it because I've joined that Coop?

@Morti (SKN1)  the new mission choices for pineapple jam, cherry jam, dandelions or apples are new missions for everyone and has nothing to do with being in a co-op or not.

But I hope being in a co-op, will bring you the rewards that give some pineapple seeds !
  • Does anyone know how I can get the badges OFF the booster board?
    I see where they can be changed, but i want it empty.
    I don't think badges can be deactivated. It is permanent.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    @GrammaLeah (US1) can confirm that you can  only leave them there, or replace but never  take them all off
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    @GrammaLeah (US1) I  can confirm that you can  only leave them there, or replace but never  take them all off
    I got a problem with my badges which I have used before the update that now, after this update I can't buy them or put someone else there  :|
  • Are there any plans for Jam boosters?
    I have two more questions.

Why do multiple boosters not have their first purchase available with farm dollars and instead charge gold for the first purchase?

With this update, Apples, Dandelions, Pineapple jam, and Cherry jam will appear in missions. Those missions, especially jam missions, allow you to gain about 2.8 more reputation points in comparison to the existing items, like eggs and corn.

Can we please have some more information about this statement?
    @RosyStarling
    I agree with ninjahuman, I would like more information about that statement too, a confirmation how they figure we get 2.8 more rep points in comparison to ones like eggs & corn. 

I made a comment previously, but I was basically grasping at straws to make it make sense. Would love some feedback from your {Rosy's} source on those numbers 

for reference, my previous comment;
    Heather Norsk (US1) said:
    ..... the jam missions indeed do not produce the same level of RP as other missions we are accustomed to (as other players have pointed out)

What I want to point out though, is that the #s Rosy reported may not necessarily be wrong. Jam does appear to give more RP per item harvested. The #s just don't take into consideration the small # of jam we're able to harvest at one time which is what gives less points per mission. We just don't have the possibility of harvesting large quantities of jam*, so we will never see that 2.8 more RP/item on RP/Mission which is what most of us look at .....
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    We have already asked about those figures.
    When we know more we will let you know.
  • I bought the Corn and Egg booster and started production, but the booster does not seem to be active. I've never used a booster from the board, can someone please help me?
  • FuriousFarmer07 (IN1)FuriousFarmer07 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 783
    edited 02.03.2021
    Click on the Info button of field or chicken coop. Look how much corn and eggs does it give. Now plant the corn or start the production of chickens. Look how much does it give. If it is more than the number showing on the Info button, Booster is Active.

I don't whether it is correct. I just simply said with my knowledge about the game. I too haven't activated any boosters.
    Hope it helps. :)
  • BADGES

To clarify what was discussed earlier in this thread, the badges that were on the booster board before the update are the same badges that were on your board immediately after the update. However, they are not actually active because they are locked. You cannot unlock them while they are on the booster board either. You may only unlock them while they are in your "inventory" not while they are on the booster board.

The only way to unlock a badge that was on your board is to unlock one in your inventory then swap it out for one on the board.. Then, take the one you just removed from the board, unlock it, and the use it to replace another one that is on the board and still locked.

It would have been much more fair if they had simply removed all badges from our boards during the upgrade so we could start fresh but we are way past that now. I spent 7 million on a badge I will never use just to get the swapping of badges started.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Once your basic mission type badges (even the level 1's) have been all activated, then when you are doing missions and say get a corn mission, you can jump the board and replace one of the ones there for a corn booster badge for your corn mission.  Once you are done with the corn mission and get say a alfalfa mission, you can jump to the board and replace the corn booster with a level 1 activated alfalfa booster to use during your alfalfa mission....and so on with other missions of milk, eggs, pigs.  The dung and goldfish feed level one badges do require gold to activate.  Almost all the other badges use farm dollars to activate the level 1. Also works the same when doing the Hardworking Event or the Cooperative Hardworking Event.  We just have to get used to the idea of utilizing those badges to help with our harvests.
  • Another totally worthless upgrade.

GGS is only fixated on upgrades that generate their players spending gold.

What about the lab???? Roll back the lab!!!

And these new missions are awful, can't keep enough cherries, sugar doesn't drop enough - trader should sell seeds for all all the jams all the time

All I know is GGS keeps making the game worse. At least the booster board a person make make a choice whether they want to bother with it or not.

We are all stuck with these jam missions whether we can make the jam or not - get rid of the jam missions GGS!!!!
  • Another totally worthless upgrade.

And these new missions are awful, can't keep enough cherries, sugar doesn't drop enough - trader should sell seeds for all all the jams all the time

All I know is GGS keeps making the game worse. At least the booster board a person make make a choice whether they want to bother with it or not.

We are all stuck with these jam missions whether we can make the jam or not - get rid of the jam missions GGS!!!!
    CM said that it'll take some time for the Lab to be normal.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Another totally worthless upgrade.

LOL, I don't think it will go back to "normal"... but they did say it would take time for them to rework the lab again....
  • harden21 (US1)harden21 (US1) US1 Posts: 32
    JVD (US1) said:

LOL, I don't think it will go back to "normal"... but they did say it would take time for them to rework the lab again....
    @JVD Sure hope it gets fixed soon lol 
  • JVD (US1) said:

And then they rolled back that statement. My understanding is that the lab is how it is, with no plan to change it.
    edited 03.03.2021

JVD (US1) said:

And then they rolled back that statement. My understanding is that the lab is how it is, with no plan to change it.

I agree. Once that statement was removed & the February update was released, it mostly wiped away any hope I had that the lab might be changed back to how it was. Which it too bad if that is true, because there are quite a lot of players that won't return if the lab stays as is, and they keep making such types of changes without communication.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We lost several long-term players, former gold buyers, who left the game completely, citing "the last straw."
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    We lost several long-term players, former gold buyers, who left the game completely, citing "the last straw."
    Well I am not far behind them. Think I my time here just about to finish as well. The last year of changes has done nothing but drive folks away from what was once a fun game to play!
     I have meet some truly wonderful folks here & even made a few more friends during my almost 8 years of playing. Shortly after the merge it started going down hill from my point of view. 
    Guess it comes down to 2 choices
     - keep playing & hope things will change for the better or
     leave the game completely :(
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • I am not sure if this should go into the "Suggestion" section of the Forum or if it is to be here.  My thoughts are that the new jam missions should be generic as are the feed missions.  In feed missions one can harvest chicken feed, cow feed or goldfish feed, etc. and it all counts in the "Feed" missions.  So if it were a "jam" mission we could harvest all kinds of jam.  
    I wrote the same on Feb. 28th, just a lot shorter. 

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4335806/#Comment_4335806

Read two comments later, makes me wonder about all of the posts about the game developers gather feedback.
  • What is this?

Wasted 36 Gold got just 3.6K Reputation Points???

The main thing is that,

I have a Multifarmer(Level 4) which give +35% more Reputation Points.

And,

I ran a Coop Booster which +25% more Reputation Points

And still, I got just 3.6K Reputation Point
    Mods said we'll get 2.8% more Reputation Points on Jam Missions...
    Where is that?
    I even got 6.5K points for collecting just 1800 Wildflowers. Then why I got 3.8K points for Jam Mission?

• We lost several long-term players, former gold buyers, who left the game completely, citing "the last straw."
    Well I am not far behind them. Think I my time here just about to finish as well. The last year of changes has done nothing but drive folks away from what was once a fun game to play!
     I have meet some truly wonderful folks here & even made a few more friends during my almost 8 years of playing. Shortly after the merge it started going down hill from my point of view. 
    Guess it comes down to 2 choices
     - keep playing & hope things will change for the better or
     leave the game completely :(
    Thank you, Data King, for coming to help us during your tour. You're right, there are some wonderful folk on here. Artful is wonderful too, I have not forgotten how she allowed one of her co-op to come help me at the start.
    But yes, I have some members now considering leaving too. We have long discussions in chat.
    I'm honest when I say - if it wasn't for my co-op and the great times chatting, working as a team and just chilling with friends, I'd be gone too.
    Not so much because of the changes, but because there is absolutely no communication from the creators of the game... and I'm not talking about chat moderators who are just as much in the dark and can only communicate what they're told to... I'm talking about respect for players through messages that explain WHY they've done things to remove the enjoyment from the game. Even something honest like: "Hi Big Farm players. We just want to let you know we don't care about you at all. We just care about how much you'll spend." would be better, in my opinion, than complete silence.
    So, for now the Rippers in Ripper Street encourage each other, but everyone has a limit.
    Sad. I really enjoyed the game.
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    Hello,
    because I am away for long... cant read everything posted on forum
    so I will post my comment and I am sorry if it is already mentioned or if I should be writing in onother thread

about all these changes... the new missions
    apples are ok, dandelions are ok too, they give good points but the jams... i think its a total waste 
    first of all because even if you colect 90, even if you colect 1700.. first place doesnt give more than 40.000 as I've seen so far so it doesnt worth it. And then its the issue with fructose. 
    many players, at least in my server, dont have so many apple trees any more.  they tried to create competitive farms for the coop championship and made lots of fields or full of cowsheds so fructose is a huge problem cause the other orchards dont give as much. almond trees... I dont even know if they give fructose (never to me) and the same goes for the greenhouse, you never know when you will collect some 
    so you must fix this, fructose should always be given from trees and the greenhouse and not just randomly.
    it is an essensial ingridient for making  jam so it must always be given just like leaves 

secondly, I think there is a mistake to the design of the factory jam.
    two hours for apple jam and 18 minutes fro cherry jam?? By what logic was this designed? 
    it should be the other way around,
    people that play big farm have more apple trees and less cherries,
    apples needs 3 hours and cherries 12,  furthermore cherries are way too expensive to buy them so by what logic cherry jam was added in missions?
    not to mention the fact that we need 405 jams to be able to leave the mission (if you have 3 farctory jams upgraded)  And if you dont have the tractor activated? then what? you cant make 405 jams in 30 minutes and cherry jams are way to expensive to just use gold all the time. thats why everybody leaves the mission giving exactly 0 jam... who can blame them?
    so this must be fixed too, I sugest to make cherry jam 2 hours and apple jam 18 minutes and then put missions with apple jam 

This is a strategy game and one must be able to choose the strategy he wants.  We are now forced not only to build fractory jams but to have many many orchards in order to play without using gold all the time, Maybe you should consider adding an orchard community for apples, that would solve a lot (I dont know if it is already mentioned)

as for the lab... 
    well, my first reaction was to stop playing the game like many others but to many years in this game... I thought to give it a little time and see, 
    so ok, I must feed my ducks with normal feed cause there are not enough catalysts to make premium feed
    I dont like it at all but I can live with that to be honest,
    my biggest problem is that there is a limit cause of the barn  on making normal feed, One minute I am full , cant make more feed until I colect my ducks and the next I havent got enough because I have many ducks and the wind mill takes forever. something must be done for this too.

and one last thing
    I dont know where I must post my question but... I was wondering about the CHWE, why is it we only have a reduction time on building/upgradind? we should also have in the productions a time reduction,It was taken from us , why is that? 
    if there was an announcement for this change, I am sorry I havent seen it.
    Is this how is going to be from now on?
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Hello,
    because I am away for long... cant read everything posted on forum
    so I will post my comment and I am sorry if it is already mentioned or if I should be writing in onother thread

about all these changes... the new missions
    apples are ok, dandelions are ok too, they give good points but the jams... i think its a total waste 
    first of all because even if you colect 90, even if you colect 1700.. first place doesnt give more than 40.000 as I've seen so far so it doesnt worth it. And then its the issue with fructose. 
    many players, at least in my server, dont have so many apple trees any more.  they tried to create competitive farms for the coop championship and made lots of fields or full of cowsheds so fructose is a huge problem cause the other orchards dont give as much. almond trees... I dont even know if they give fructose (never to me) and the same goes for the greenhouse, you never know when you will collect some 
    so you must fix this, fructose should always be given from trees and the greenhouse and not just randomly.
    it is an essensial ingridient for making  jam so it must always be given just like leaves 

secondly, I think there is a mistake to the design of the factory jam.
    two hours for apple jam and 18 minutes fro cherry jam?? By what logic was this designed? 
    it should be the other way around,
    people that play big farm have more apple trees and less cherries,
    apples needs 3 hours and cherries 12,  furthermore cherries are way too expensive to buy them so by what logic cherry jam was added in missions?
    not to mention the fact that we need 405 jams to be able to leave the mission (if you have 3 farctory jams upgraded)  And if you dont have the tractor activated? then what? you cant make 405 jams in 30 minutes and cherry jams are way to expensive to just use gold all the time. thats why everybody leaves the mission giving exactly 0 jam... who can blame them?
    so this must be fixed too, I sugest to make cherry jam 2 hours and apple jam 18 minutes and then put missions with apple jam 

This is a strategy game and one must be able to choose the strategy he wants.  We are now forced not only to build fractory jams but to have many many orchards in order to play without using gold all the time, Maybe you should consider adding an orchard community for apples, that would solve a lot (I dont know if it is already mentioned)

as for the lab... 
    well, my first reaction was to stop playing the game like many others but to many years in this game... I thought to give it a little time and see, 
    so ok, I must feed my ducks with normal feed cause there are not enough catalysts to make premium feed
    I dont like it at all but I can live with that to be honest,
    my biggest problem is that there is a limit cause of the barn  on making normal feed, One minute I am full , cant make more feed until I colect my ducks and the next I havent got enough because I have many ducks and the wind mill takes forever. something must be done for this too.

and one last thing
    I dont know where I must post my question but... I was wondering about the CHWE, why is it we only have a reduction time on building/upgradind? we should also have in the productions a time reduction,It was taken from us , why is that? 
    if there was an announcement for this change, I am sorry I havent seen it.
    Is this how is going to be from now on?
    Yes, much of what you posted has been posted and we have been listening and reporting your concerns to the Team.  
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    How are we supposed to unlock the boosters for a second time?
    I have already unlocked all of the achievements once, and am no longer eligible for any of them.
    (As far as I know that's how I got them in the first place.)
    Rather POed they were locked after I went through all the trouble to get them in the first place.
Sign In to comment.