Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Jam Factories - A short brief

The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
edited 28.02.2021 in Tutorials and FAQs
Here we go, I'll give a quick overview and then show some numbers that might help a bit :)

The jam factories can produce (at lvl 8+) 8 different types of jams.

It can be built from a pretty low lvl (lvl 40+) and just like the dairies you can only build 3 of them on the Gourmet Farm.

There are 9 level's to a jam factory, at level 1 you can produce 1 type of jam, all the way to lvl 8 you can produce 1 more type of jam per lvl, and lvl 9 reduces the amount of ingredients needed to produce all jams.

(Edit, almost forgot this part: Jams are really a money item, you can either sell them straight away, or you could use them to complete organic market contracts that ask for different types and amounts of jams. You can also use to to complete the boat which can get you a lot of horseshoes, though personally i think the money option is better :))

To produce jam you need 2 ingredients, the first one is the corresponding jam type ingredient, so cherry jam takes cherries, elderberry jam takes elderberries etc, and it also takes a new product in bigfarm, fruit sugar:

Fruit sugar drops from the following orchards in specific amounts, none of the drop-rates are anywhere close to 100% and there's a small chance of the orchard dropping 3x the normal amount of fruit sugar:

Apple orchards - 30 or (3x amount) 90

Cherry orchards - 100 or 300

Peach orchards - 120 or 360

Citrus groves - 50 or 150

As well, the greenhouse drops small amounts of fruit sugar at a small chance drop rate, how much it drops depends on it's special or normal greenhouse seeds etc but i do think that there's a 3x drop-rate for the greenhouse as well, though it's hard to confirm.

And I didn't just forget the almond orchards and olive groves, they don't drop fruit sugar unfortunately :(

That's pretty much it, there's are 2 lists below, the first one is if you're running out of fruit sugar, the 2nd one is if you have enough fruit sugar to produce any type of jam you want for as long as you can:

From left to right you have the name of the jam, the production time, the amount of jam you produce per production, the amount 1 jam of that type can be sold for divided by the amount of sugar fruit 1 production takes = the amount of money you make per fruit sugar :)

Apple Jam (2H): (130×2100)÷161 = $1695.7/fruit sugar

Cherry Jam (18M): (90×3700)÷114 = $2921.1/fruit sugar

Peach Jam (8H): (240×2000)÷256 = $1875/fruit sugar

Pineapple Jam (22M): (110×6150)÷133 = $5086.5/fruit sugar

Rose hip Jam (1H 30M): (100×5800)÷95 = $6105.3/fruit sugar

Blackberry Jam (5H): (180×6500)÷171 = $6842.1/fruit sugar

Elderberry Jam (6H): (*230 200×6000)÷218 = *$6330.3/fruit sugar $5504.6/fruit sugar

Apricot Jam (4H): (*161 140×6900)÷171 = *$6496.5/fruit sugar $5649.1/fruit sugar

If you have more than enough fruit sugar, here's the money you earn per minute of producing each type of jam, from left to right, Type, production amount, selling amount divided by the production time (in minutes) = the amount of money you earn per minute :)

Apple Jam: (130×2100)÷120 = $2275/Minute

Cherry Jam: (90×3700)÷18 = $18500/Minute

Peach Jam: (240×2000)÷480 = $1000/Minute

Pineapple Jam: (110×6150)÷22 = $30750/Minute

Rose hip Jam: (100×5800)÷90 = $6444.5/Minute

Blackberry Jam: (180×6500)÷300 = $3900/Minute

Elderberry Jam: (*230 200×6000)÷360 = *$3833.4/Minute $3333.4/Minute

Apricot Jam: (*161 140×6900)÷240 = *$4628.8/Minute $4025/Minute

For information on the jam factories and sugar fruit, check out crazybigfarm, also check out @"Heather Norsk (US1)" 's comment on profit/batch of jam and @ninjahuman (AU1) 's comment for extra-important information on the jams :)

Hope this helps, please keep in mind that these numbers are using level 9 jam factories, so while the $/minute info should not be effected, the $/sugar fruit numbers will definitely be different compared to numbers based on different level's of the jam factory.

*Edit (07/02/21): Made a mistake with the calculations, the production amounts of Apricot Jam and Elderberry jam were counted when the building had a +15% gift on it, the numbers have been adjusted and seems that only Apricot and Elderberry had wrong numbers as far as i can see :)
Post edited by The Best King (INT1) on

Comments

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Thank you so much for this.  People should get in on this early.  Make some big bucks in the beginning and then taper off later to incorporate jams into contracts.  That is what I am doing.  Only problem will be the sugar I think.
  • Thank you so much for this.  People should get in on this early.  Make some big bucks in the beginning and then taper off later to incorporate jams into contracts.  That is what I am doing.  Only problem will be the sugar I think.
    Yep, good idea, the sugar is a problem that i'm guessing many players will have, that's why i hope the $/sugar list will help :)
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I've found I have to keep producing because the fruit sugar is limited by the warehouse limit and I don't want to waste any.
  • I've found I have to keep producing because the fruit sugar is limited by the warehouse limit and I don't want to waste any.
    Well, i guess that's a good problem to have :D As you can see in the data above, pineapples are the best to keep flipping but if the greenhouse can't keep up, cherries are pretty good as well :)
  • Sorry everyone, make a mistake with the number's in my original post, only Elderberry and Apricot changed, as they were counted with a +15% gift :)
  • Emmarel (IT1)Emmarel (IT1) IT1 Posts: 22
    edited 07.02.2021
     the workshop in your gourmet farm will decrease the amount of ingredients required, both fruits and fruit sugar. The fruit sugar can exceed the limit of the storage.
  •  the workshop in your gourmet farm will decrease the amount of ingredients required, both fruits and fruit sugar. The fruit sugar can exceed the limit of the storage.
    Great info, thanks @Emmarel (IT1) :)
  • bp62 (US1)bp62 (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    I'm a little confused.  In order to produce jams, the jam factory needs to be at the highest level to be able to produce all the jams.  Is that correct?
    For example, if pineapple jam is requested, I wouldn't be able to produce that jam until I have the factory up to the correct level?
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 01.03.2021
    Great list @The Best King (INT1) !  
    I hadn't considered calculating profit per sugar

Great to see we both came up with exactly the same #s for profit/minute  :)

I would just like to point out, that if anyone is looking at jams that take longer periods of time to run overnight or while at work, they should consider the profit per a batch of jam, not just the per minute

peaches produce 240 jam in 8 hours, for a total batch profit of $480,000
    blackberries produce 180 jam in 5 hours, for a total batch profit of $1,170,000
    elderberries produce 200 jam in 6 hours, for a total batch profit of $1,200,000
    apricots produce 140 jam in 4 hours, for a total batch profit of $966,000
    (so, even though apricots have a better per minute profit, elderberries will give a better profit if logged off for 6 or more hours)

** please note my figures are based on income, not net profit, as no value was deducted for the cost of any ingredients**

Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 26.02.2021
    Great list @The Best King (INT1) !  
    I hadn't considered calculating profit per sugar

Great to see we both came up with exactly the same #s for profit/minute  :)

I would just like to point out, that if anyone is looking at jams that take longer periods of time to run overnight or while at work, they should consider the profit per a batch of jam, not just the per minute

peaches produce 240 jam in 8 hours, for a total batch profit of $480,000
    blackberries produce 180 jam in 5 hours, for a total batch profit of $1,170,000
    elderberries produce 200 jam in 6 hours, for a total batch profit of $1,200,000
    apricots produce 140 jam in 4 hours, for a total batch profit of $966,000
    (so, even though apricots have a better per minute profit, elderberries will give a better profit if logged off for 6 or more hours)

** please note my figures are based on gross profit, not net profit, as no value was deducted for the cost of any ingredients**

Ha ha, yeah :)

Great info, thanks for coming up with it @Heather Norsk (US1) , i would never have thought of it :)

Just to be clear though for other players, if you're just worried about the dollars, Elderberry Jam is the best if you're leaving it for >6H, but if fruit sugar is any type of constraint, Blackberries would be the preferred jam as it gives 2.5% less $ than Elderberry but takes 21.5% less fruit sugar.

As well, it seems that the new "premium greenhouse seeds" can be bought in an offer that pops up, basically you can buy a type (let's say blackberry) of premium seeds with 200 of the same type of normal seeds or 6 of the same type of special seeds :)
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    Unfortunately, that limits a lot of players, I do not have access to seeds from the temporary farms. I can only make Apples, Cherries, Peaches and Elderberries.
    I can not buy the other seeds
  • Unfortunately, that limits a lot of players, I do not have access to seeds from the temporary farms. I can only make Apples, Cherries, Peaches and Elderberries.
    I can not buy the other seeds

True, though i'm pretty sure there are quite a few normal as well as a few premium seeds available in events like the cc, hwe's etc as well as in the horse season hard work rewards.

And, a good trick to play the temporary farms is too, for the viking farms, build some seals and flip them with premium seal feed that you can buy with runestones, for the candy farm, build a lvl 4 field, crushing mill, sugar mill, candy factory and 5 x lvl 4 sweet almonds and flip the candy factory in marzipan :)

The tropical farm is pretty much the same as the viking farm strategy, just can't remember what the building is, seals as well i think ;) Though i do understand that the temporary farms can be quite expensive :(
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Unfortunately, I am here with some constructive criticism with the original post since many players will be viewing this. The numbers are not taking into account the production costs (which aren't too significant) or the ingredient costs instead of selling them, which in particular severely affects the profit per production of the first three recipes.

For the apple jam, you need 902 apples with a level 9 jam factory which can be sold for 50,512 dollars if your cooperative research is completed. The base production cost amount is 2,166 dollars so you will have to adjust this depending on your gourmet farm production costs. The profit considering the ingredients and production costs will range from to 209,492 to 222,488 dollars depending on your production costs which yields a profit per minute ranging from around 1,746 to 1,854 dollars.

For the cherry jam, you need 760 cherries with a level 9 jam factory which can be sold for 171,000 dollars if your cooperative research is completed. The base production cost is 1,500 dollars. The profit considering the ingredients and production costs will range from to 153,000 to 162,000 dollars depending on your production costs which yields a profit per minute ranging from around 8,500 to 9,000 dollars.

For the peach jam, you need 950 peaches with a level 9 jam factory which can be sold for 95,000 dollars if your cooperative research is completed. The base production cost is 4,000 dollars. The profit considering the ingredients and production costs will range from to 361,000 to 385,000 dollars depending on your production costs which yields a profit per minute ranging from around 752 to 802 dollars.

The other recipes all involve produce from the greenhouse and no production costs are involved there unless we consider investing resources into the temporary farm in order to do this, but that would be comparing a different resource to farm dollars so I won't do it here.

Now for the practicality of those first three recipes, it is going to depend on your orchard setup. Generally players will be able to produce a far larger quantity of apples than cherries or peaches so the first recipe is definitely possible to be sustainably produced on three jam factories while the player is online if you have enough apple orchards. On the other hand, there is no practical way to sustainably produce the second recipe as it has an extremely high demand for cherries and the third is not much better with its demand for peaches.

I don't have all the production costs for the recipes yet, so I will be talking about these without having seen these costs and will assume they are not great enough to affect the choice to use one over the other.

Ideally, it's better to invest in upgrading the jam factory as high as possible and to look into the greenhouse produce recipes. Supplying the necessary pineapples and rose hips can be a challenge to sustainably produce pineapple jam and rose hip jam. Elderberry jam appears to require a somewhat higher activity level to sustainably produce enough elderberries for continuous production and the profit is only very slightly higher than blackberry jam. Apricot jam appears to be really effective in terms of activity required for the greenhouse to maintain production of the recipe during the day.

I'm looking into producing apricot jam while online and blackberry jam offline as this should not require too much production within the greenhouse and should give a profit of around 12 million dollars per day with maximum level jam factories. The fruit sugar consumption appears to be better as the recipe production time increases, but if you have enough orchards the fruit sugar shouldn't be an issue.
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 28.02.2021
    Unfortunately, I am here with some constructive criticism with the original post since many players will be viewing this. The numbers are not taking into account the production costs (which aren't too significant) or the ingredient costs instead of selling them, which in particular severely affects the profit per production of the first three recipes.

For the apple jam, you need 902 apples with a level 9 jam factory which can be sold for 50,512 dollars if your cooperative research is completed. The base production cost amount is 2,166 dollars so you will have to adjust this depending on your gourmet farm production costs. The profit considering the ingredients and production costs will range from to 209,492 to 222,488 dollars depending on your production costs which yields a profit per minute ranging from around 1,746 to 1,854 dollars.

For the cherry jam, you need 760 cherries with a level 9 jam factory which can be sold for 171,000 dollars if your cooperative research is completed. The base production cost is 1,500 dollars. The profit considering the ingredients and production costs will range from to 153,000 to 162,000 dollars depending on your production costs which yields a profit per minute ranging from around 8,500 to 9,000 dollars.

For the peach jam, you need 950 peaches with a level 9 jam factory which can be sold for 95,000 dollars if your cooperative research is completed. The base production cost is 4,000 dollars. The profit considering the ingredients and production costs will range from to 361,000 to 385,000 dollars depending on your production costs which yields a profit per minute ranging from around 752 to 802 dollars.

The other recipes all involve produce from the greenhouse and no production costs are involved there unless we consider investing resources into the temporary farm in order to do this, but that would be comparing a different resource to farm dollars so I won't do it here.

Now for the practicality of those first three recipes, it is going to depend on your orchard setup. Generally players will be able to produce a far larger quantity of apples than cherries or peaches so the first recipe is definitely possible to be sustainably produced on three jam factories while the player is online if you have enough apple orchards. On the other hand, there is no practical way to sustainably produce the second recipe as it has an extremely high demand for cherries and the third is not much better with its demand for peaches.

I don't have all the production costs for the recipes yet, so I will be talking about these without having seen these costs and will assume they are not great enough to affect the choice to use one over the other.

Ideally, it's better to invest in upgrading the jam factory as high as possible and to look into the greenhouse produce recipes. Supplying the necessary pineapples and rose hips can be a challenge to sustainably produce pineapple jam and rose hip jam. Elderberry jam appears to require a somewhat higher activity level to sustainably produce enough elderberries for continuous production and the profit is only very slightly higher than blackberry jam. Apricot jam appears to be really effective in terms of activity required for the greenhouse to maintain production of the recipe during the day.

I'm looking into producing apricot jam while online and blackberry jam offline as this should not require too much production within the greenhouse and should give a profit of around 12 million dollars per day with maximum level jam factories. The fruit sugar consumption appears to be better as the recipe production time increases, but if you have enough orchards the fruit sugar shouldn't be an issue.
    Thanks @ninjahuman (AU1) for the info, really helpful and thorough :)

For those that are interested, here's a full list of the basic production costs for the jams:

Apple jam: $2,166

Cherry jam: $1,500

Peach jam: $4,000

Pineapple jam: $1,833

Rose hip jam: $1,666

Blackberry jam: $3,000

Elderberry jam: $3,333

Apricot jam: $2,333
    Thanks @ninjahuman (AU1) for the info, really helpful and thorough :)

For those that are interested, here's a full list of the basic production costs for the jams:

Apple jam: $2,166

Cherry jam: $1,500

Peach jam: $4,000

Pineapple jam: $1,833

Rose hip jam: $1,666

Blackberry jam: $3,000

Elderberry jam: $3,333

Apricot jam: $2,333
    You're welcome and thanks for the information as well. :) It looks like even with very poor production costs on the gourmet farm like my farm, the production costs are very small and take up less than 2% of the amount received when selling the resulting produce.
    edited 28.02.2021
    Desværre begrænser det mange spillere, jeg har ikke adgang til frø fra de midlertidige gårde. Jeg kan kun fremstille æbler, kirsebær, ferskner og hyldebær.
    Jeg kan ikke købe de andre frø

Sandt nok, selvom jeg er temmelig sikker på, at der er ganske få normale såvel som et par premium-frø til rådighed i begivenheder som cc, hwe's osv. Såvel som i hestesæsonen belønninger for hårdt arbejde.

Og et godt trick for at spille de midlertidige gårde er også, for vikingegårde skal du bygge nogle sæler og vende dem med premium sælfoder, som du kan købe med runesten, til slikfarm, bygge et felt 4, knusemølle, sukker mølle, slikfabrik og 5 x lvl 4 søde mandler og vende slikfabrikken i marsipan :)

Den tropiske gård er stort set den samme som vikingegårdens strategi, kan bare ikke huske, hvad bygningen er, også sæler tror jeg; ) Selvom jeg forstår, at de midlertidige gårde kan være ret dyre :(
    *Sorry* :-)

Now I'm so green I do not know the abbreviations of cc, and hwe's?

The temporary farms I will have to wait for, except for the candy farm, when I was so new to the game at Christmas time. Then I could not just overlook more farms than my main farm when I started in December.

But thanks for the advice, I will take note of them.
    Post edited by Morti (SKN1) on
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    "Now I'm so green I do not know the abbreviations of cc, and hwe's?

The temporary farms I have to wait for, except for the candy farm, when I was so new to the game at Christmas time. Then I could not just overlook more farms than my main farm when I started in December.

But thanks for the advice, I will take note of them."

Morti --- I must ask you to use English here like all the other non native  English speakers here

This is an International forum but the language is English only

edited 28.02.2021

Morti --- I must ask you to use English here like all the other non native  English speakers here

This is an International forum but the language is English only

Sorry again.... 
    It is because I have google to show the page in Danish that I do not discover it. I've turned it off
  • Desværre begrænser det mange spillere, jeg har ikke adgang til frø fra de midlertidige gårde. Jeg kan kun fremstille æbler, kirsebær, ferskner og hyldebær.
    Jeg kan ikke købe de andre frø

Sandt nok, selvom jeg er temmelig sikker på, at der er ganske få normale såvel som et par premium-frø til rådighed i begivenheder som cc, hwe's osv. Såvel som i hestesæsonen belønninger for hårdt arbejde.

Og et godt trick for at spille de midlertidige gårde er også, for vikingegårde skal du bygge nogle sæler og vende dem med premium sælfoder, som du kan købe med runesten, til slikfarm, bygge et felt 4, knusemølle, sukker mølle, slikfabrik og 5 x lvl 4 søde mandler og vende slikfabrikken i marsipan :)

Den tropiske gård er stort set den samme som vikingegårdens strategi, kan bare ikke huske, hvad bygningen er, også sæler tror jeg; ) Selvom jeg forstår, at de midlertidige gårde kan være ret dyre :(
    *Sorry* :-)

Now I'm so green I do not know the abbreviations of cc, and hwe's?

The temporary farms I will have to wait for, except for the candy farm, when I was so new to the game at Christmas time. Then I could not just overlook more farms than my main farm when I started in December.

But thanks for the advice, I will take note of them.

cc = Cooperative championship, hwe = hard worker event, though hwe's can include cooperative hard worker events (chwe) as well :)

The trick with the temporary farms is the find the way to play them that takes the least amount of money, as they can be a money pit if you're not careful :(

Use this to calculate good approximations of the prices above. The error margin will be extremely small. You can also only type in the cell where you place your production costs on the gourmet farm (eg. if your production costs are -50%, type -50 in the cell. If they are +350%, type 350 in it.)
    As well, it seems that the new "premium greenhouse seeds" can be bought in an offer that pops up, basically you can buy a type (let's say blackberry) of premium seeds with 200 of the same type of normal seeds or 6 of the same type of special seeds :)
    @The Best King (INT1)
    At first glance, this looks like a terrible offer. The # of fruit that can be produced by 200 regular seeds or 6 special seeds is a lot more flowers than can be produced by 1 premium seed.
    Use this to calculate good approximations of the prices above. The error margin will be extremely small. You can also only type in the cell where you place your production costs on the gourmet farm (eg. if your production costs are -50%, type -50 in the cell. If they are +350%, type 350 in it.)
    @ninjahuman (AU1) thank you for this spreadsheet, it's nice & helpful !
    (I do however find them easier to look at with punctuation to separate units (thousands, millions, etc))

I am curious, why you previously stated "I'm looking into producing apricot jam while online and blackberry jam offline".  When, how I am looking at these #s, it appears pineapple jam to give the best profit while online, and elderberry when offline (elderberry giving the largest profit for 1 production irregardless of time, and pineapple giving best profit per minute)

@ninjahuman (AU1) thank you for this spreadsheet, it's nice & helpful !
    (I do however find them easier to look at with punctuation to separate units (thousands, millions, etc))

I am curious, why you previously stated "I'm looking into producing apricot jam while online and blackberry jam offline".  When, how I am looking at these #s, it appears pineapple jam to give the best profit while online, and elderberry when offline (elderberry giving the largest profit for 1 production irregardless of time, and pineapple giving best profit per minute)
    You're welcome. :) I think I will have to look up how to add the punctuation in for the numbers.

The reason I said that is because I think it will be extremely difficult to get the required number of pineapples for production and I think it's a lot harder to get the elderberries compared to the blackberries and it only gives around 30k extra dollars per production.

I tried to do some calculation and possibly around 73m vouchers may have to be spent per year on apricot special seeds. So this may be a bit expensive but it will help give a big profit.
    @The Best King (INT1)
    At first glance, this looks like a terrible offer. The # of fruit that can be produced by 200 regular seeds or 6 special seeds is a lot more flowers than can be produced by 1 premium seed.

Of course, i don't think ggs were going to give us more greenhouse fruits as well as more convenience, it's a trade off, of course, you can get more fruits with 200 normal seeds, but you do have to flip them a lot more, the same thing applies to the special to premium seed conversion, though i'm keeping my special seeds as i flip them all day long :)
  • I'm a little confused.  In order to produce jams, the jam factory needs to be at the highest level to be able to produce all the jams.  Is that correct?
    For example, if pineapple jam is requested, I wouldn't be able to produce that jam until I have the factory up to the correct level?
    This is correct.
    Is it possible to get this fine spreadsheet updated, for the right production times for cherries, rosehips and pineapple jams?
    edited 27.04.2022
    Is it possible to get this fine spreadsheet updated, for the right production times for cherries, rosehips and pineapple jams?
    It already has the correct production times for those recipes. They are in the "Time" column and they are displayed in hours rounded to two decimal places.
    Post edited by ninjahuman (AU1) on
    edited 27.04.2022
    It says Cherry jam: 0.30 I read it as 30 min.
    Pineapple jam: 0.37, I read that as 37 min. Or?

But my recipes say

edited 28.04.2022
    It says Cherry jam: 0.30 I read it as 30 min.
    Pineapple jam: 0.37, I read that as 37 min. Or?

But my recipes say

0.30 represents 0.30 hours which is 18 minutes. I will look into changing how it is displayed to make it easier for people to read if you would like. It still calculates with the correct production time though.

Edit: I just set it up so that it works the way you described. I hope that helps.
Sign In to comment.