Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 2,183
    VAM (US1) said:
    Thanks!  I use Firefox and I do have it clear everything whenever I close the window.  However, I have a habit of letting my game run all day even when I'm not at my computer, so that's probably the problem.  Its just odd that it seems to be an issue now, when my computer never had trouble handling it before and also never has trouble with any other thing that I do on my computer, no matter how many programs and windows I have open at once.  I thought maybe my jam factory was jamming up the game, LOL!
    @VAM (US1)
    I have the same issue, as do at least a few others in my co-op. This started happening to me at the end of last year. It especially happens when I go to a different tab or a different program, or if the screensaver comes on. For me it happens whether I use chrome or firefox, not really more or less on either. There was a brief discussion about this last Nov/Dec, here;
     https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4318691#Comment_4318691
    But I don't think anything really happened with that report. Perhaps if more players have the same issue & all report it there, maybe it will get looked at?  Maybe wishful thinking ;-)

Another player in my co-op, Joe, discovered that if you hit the star in the address bar to bookmark the page, it unfreezes instantly. This has worked great for me every time (I just occasionally go to favorites to delete all the duplicate times Big Farm has been added as a result of this).
  • kaktusas (INT1)kaktusas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 3
    two days in a row Im being asked of product I cant even make.

maybe game developers should fix this
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 102
    after these updates i do not like playing as much.there is no fun in this game any more it is all about the people who run this game having worthless events that cost more than you get back.and the world championship they fixed it that most people can not get any good prizes gaming is falling apart

• Thank you for your quick response... i do appreciate that you will forward this message.. but really?  is that all you agree on?

My statements were not accusations but rather conditional statements...  could you please address those conditions and why i may be mistaken?  I am not adverse to being wrong... in fact many times i am; but when i am, i'd like to learn the reason for the sake of knowing...  i didn't go on this diatribe because of egotism, i want to learn.  I'd like to understand the rationale for some aspects of the game.  i know enough to know i don't know a lot.  But if i see something wrong and contradictory, i would appreciate an explanation.  Isn't that, at least in part, for what the forum was made?

I use a lot of Reductio ad Absurdum in my arguments, but in this case I WANT TO BE WRONG.  I do like the game, but not if it's going to sully my soul.  Can you give an opinion on the use of gold?  Is it not a tool for the players, or is it merely income for the owners?  Why can't it be both?  And especially since it is very expensive, it should be consistent.  

The game changes in little ways that just make it either more expensive or more difficult for the players to attain satisfaction from the game without spending more and more money.  It happens gradually and minutely so that players not focusing dismiss it out of hand or just deal with it because "it's no biggie."  All these little things that aren't "biggies" turn into one massive "BIGGIE."

There appears to be a skirting of the issue at hand.  Namely that of TRUST.  The farm lab is a particularly blatant abuse of trust between the game server and the individual player.  I've seen many posts that address the same issue but in different ways; such as the click button for harvesting being near the "deals or bargains of the day."  and the consequent  blocking of Rie for trying to resolve the problem on her own (refuting the charge) due to an unresponsive system.  This is just one example of many...

And the test farm...  much of it seems to make the game more difficult, like having the mine at a different location.  People usually focus on the main farm, so if the mine is not there, it may be more easily overlooked.  I'm sure that the game makers/ owners would like to get rid of the mine completely, but that would cause an outright riot would it not?
    OMG.. i almost forgot the small and very pernicious example. The selling of 100 gold for 9.9 million farm dollars. people may say, "just don't click on it..." But why is it there in the first place?

The stock floor lady sells 8 million dollars for 65,000 gold and the players get 100 gold for 9.9 million??? Please tell me that was a bad joke.

Did Big Farm just lower the price to level up the farm lab????  This is way not cool to do so in a sneaky manner....  usually it's the "deal of the hour" or "..of the day"  but now it's all of a sudden lower???

Talk about trust issues... this is exactly what i mean.  Thank you Big Farm, you have just proven my point.

Posts Merged | Cuddly

I think their too many updates
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 1,817
    edited 20.02.2021
    @sandycbrokyle47 (US1)  You posted in a thread from 2016 so I moved you to the current discussion on the most recent update
    Post edited by RosyStarling on

• For goodness sake give us loads more green catalysts! Or even the chance to buy them,can't believe I just said that lol
  • For goodness sake give us loads more green catalysts! Or even the chance to buy them,can't believe I just said that lol
    While I've abstained from posting here for a while, it seems that (almost) no-one see's that a) it's a balance, the lab is way easier to upgrade, you can produce some awesome items in there, but the amounts you can produce are limited, nothing is perfect... there is no free lunch... i would like as much as the next person the ability to produce thousands of seaweed and hundreds of Q3 wf, alfalfa and pig tokens etc. in the lab, but if we all could produce as much as we want, without proper checks and balances, it would be chaos, and b) seriously, even if there were free lunches in life, ggs doesn't give a inch (why are you just figuring this out now?), and that has it's balance as well.

Though I do sincerely thank the mods for doing their best and for all the players who have given constructive suggestions and have been positive in this thread :)

Made by Jonquille6 (FR1)
    If you have none in your inventory, you may buy them using Candy Farm Vouchers in the Trade Center for one thing, or you get them in mystery boxes, or as rewards during events, and also from the Jetty boat in the Village.
    @ChickadeeQuilter   What mystery boxes do you find Greenhouse seeds in?  I have never found any in any type. Event seeds yes, but greenhouse seeds, no.
    Maybe they recently added them to a box?

You can get them in green boxes or rarely in regular boxes, but if you want a lot of them, you need to buy them with the traders for the varying temp farms.  I am waiting for the tropical island trader to buy more pineapple seeds.
    @gavinfarms (US1) Are you certain on this that you saw greenhouse seeds and not just event seeds?  I have looked in over 900 green boxes and 800 regular mystery boxes and have not seen a single greenhouse seed, of any variety.

@ChickadeeQuilter  I am still looking for an answer to the question I posed to you a few days ago. Your post states greenhouse seeds can be found in mystery boxes. What type of mystery boxes have greenhouse seeds as a reward? And if there really are any, were the greenhouse seeds recently added to them?
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 725
    edited 20.02.2021
    If you have none in your inventory, you may buy them using Candy Farm Vouchers in the Trade Center for one thing, or you get them in mystery boxes, or as rewards during events, and also from the Jetty boat in the Village.
    @ChickadeeQuilter   What mystery boxes do you find Greenhouse seeds in?  I have never found any in any type. Event seeds yes, but greenhouse seeds, no.

You can get them in green boxes or rarely in regular boxes, but if you want a lot of them, you need to buy them with the traders for the varying temp farms.  I am waiting for the tropical island trader to buy more pineapple seeds.
    @gavinfarms (US1) Are you certain on this that you saw greenhouse seeds and not just event seeds?  I have looked in over 900 green boxes and 800 regular mystery boxes and have not seen a single greenhouse seed, of any variety.

@ChickadeeQuilter  I am still looking for an answer to the question I posed to you a few days ago. Your post states greenhouse seeds can be found in mystery boxes. What type of mystery boxes have greenhouse seeds as a reward? And if there really are any, were the greenhouse seeds recently added to them?
    I have seen them in regular, bronze, silver & gold mystery boxes from time to time also from time to time I have seen them in the green theme boxes,  If you can stand to wait, I will try to do a screenshot of when I get them in these boxes. In the gold theme boxes I have from time to time received significant amounts of Runes, Shells, and Vouches.  These Vouchers can then be used in the Trade Center to purchase the Elderberries, Apricots, Passion, and Fig seeds (regular and special). Here is a screenshot of the current "Urgent Delivery" event that offers rewards of these seeds:

Post edited by ChickadeeQuilter on

• mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    edited 20.02.2021
    I am just wondering, whether the slowlyness in getting missions and, when it finally appears, you are either alone or there might be 1-2 other players in that mission. Is this due to a total lack of players in the game right now? Or is there another explanation ? It has been this way for 2 whole days now.

I am posting in this thread because I think this might be a consequence of the missing motivation among players due to the lab.
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 411
    I am just wondering, whether the slowlyness in getting missions and, when it finally appears, you are either alone or there might be 1-2 other players in that mission. Is this due to a total lack of players in the game right now? Or is there another explanation ? It has been this way for 2 whole days now.

I am posting in this thread because I think this might be a consequence of the missing motivation among players due to the lab.

Personally I always find there is a wait for the next mission.  Sometimes it is quick and sometimes it is not.  I haven't found anything different in regards to that.  But that is just my experience.

Designed by FarmerJohn 22 (US1)
  • harden21 (US1)harden21 (US1) US1 Posts: 32
    Is there going to be any changes on the farm labs? Does anyone know? Thank you :smile:
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 725
    Is there going to be any changes on the farm labs? Does anyone know? Thank you :smile:
    As said before, we will let you know when we know...we just need patience. I realize that the term, "patience" is not always well received, but we are doing our best. Thank you.

edited 21.02.2021

I have seen them in regular, bronze, silver & gold mystery boxes from time to time also from time to time I have seen them in the green theme boxes,  If you can stand to wait, I will try to do a screenshot of when I get them in these boxes. In the gold theme boxes I have from time to time received significant amounts of Runes, Shells, and Vouches.  These Vouchers can then be used in the Trade Center to purchase the Elderberries, Apricots, Passion, and Fig seeds (regular and special). Here is a screenshot of the current "Urgent Delivery" event that offers rewards of these seeds:

@ChickadeeQuilter

Thank you for all the time you put into this response, but I at no time questioned these seeds being offered as rewards for events. And yes, the new style of gold mystery boxes do contain Runes, Shells & Vouchers that can be used to buy the greenhouse seeds. My comment was nothing to do with the availability of these seeds, my only question was what mystery box(es) do you find them in and if they were recently added as a reward in any type of mystery box. The screen shots are superfluous, they do not address my question.

Yes, please send a picture if/when you ever find one in any mystery box. I went back and checked contents and numbers with the other players I was collaborating with on probability of finding certain things within the different boxes. In over 4,000 boxes that were tallied, there was never a single instance of any greenhouse seeds being found. We tracked all types of mystery boxes (old style, new style and all colors). So, if you are finding them in so many types (regular, bronze, silver, gold & sometimes even green theme boxes), I would also like to know how or why you get them and we don’t.

• After 3 weeks of not playing, (not even logging into the game) today I thought I would check out if anything has changed. Nope. I'll be checking back in a few more weeks... Maybe.
    I hear ya'. I used to be a daily player, always had it open while working in the background. Gave my coop a heads up that I'd be scarce for a while and didn't log in for a week. Logged back in and...nope nothing fixed. So away another week, logged in this morning, and NOPE STILL nothing fixed and members droppin' like flies due to the plethora of still unaddressed repairs that need to be made overall.
    That said, it certainly has provided more spending money for non-game things. 
    And I'm starting to wonder even more about the addiction side of this game gig. Went from a couple days of boredom to my favorite Outlander lads in "Men With Kilts", which is FAR more worthy of my time and money. Hope all else in your world is doin' ok MRG1. ;-)
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,597
    edited 21.02.2021
    Not sure what you are really expecting here?

I mean ( My question without any harsh feelings )

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,597
    @Heather Norsk (US1)

You're correct, you cannot find Greenhouse seeds in Any mystery boxes directly :)

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,747
    @Heather Norsk (US1) I agree with Exxy, you cannot find in mystery boxes... opened approx. 1000 various boxes today and not one greenhouse seed from any of them and I have never seen any in the 6 years I have been playing

designed by Michiru (GB1)
    **Everything you want to know about Big Farm click HERE**

• Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 478
    I suggest that the first and second catalyst recipes swap places with each other, so feed, fertilizer, etc. would be first and special seeds then.
    With first-class feed, lower production costs and special seeds can be made for the nursery, with the exception of special special seeds that the adventurer brings to if he remembers. 
    Your idea is good but what use when you do not get enough catalyst for the production. The past system without catalyst worked much better than this new one with catalyst.
    The only good thing with the new lab is only its style, which makes it easier to go to the last product so we do not need long scroll through several pages to find it, but not all other things they are not not not not good. 

• FarmerCli (US1)FarmerCli (US1) US1 Posts: 2,378
    edited 21.02.2021
    I suggest that the first and second catalyst recipes swap places with each other, so feed, fertilizer, etc. would be first and special seeds then.
    With first-class feed, lower production costs and special seeds can be made for the nursery, with the exception of special special seeds that the adventurer brings to if he remembers. 
    Your idea is good but what use when you do not get enough catalyst for the production. The past system without catalyst worked much better than this new one with catalyst.
    The only good thing with the new lab is only its style, which makes it easier to go to the last product so we do not need long scroll through several pages to find it, but not all other things they are not not not not good. 
    I have seen a suggestion in the Suggestions section about getting a new building just for the production of catalysts since there is not ability of making it in the Labs. :)

Photo taken by FarmerCli  (Front Porch View of Elk grazing in pasture) 2015

• Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 478
    I have seen a suggestion in the Suggestions section about getting a new building just for the production of catalysts since there is not ability of making it in the Labs. :)
    Yes but I think it's not a good idea because a new building will take place at your farm and a building there you only got catalysts. It is more practical with a lab where you do not have to have many extra buildings so it can be useful. We players need the space for other buildings :)

• FarmerCli (US1)FarmerCli (US1) US1 Posts: 2,378
    JVD (US1) said:
    @Heather Norsk (US1) I agree with Exxy, you cannot find in mystery boxes... opened approx. 1000 various boxes today and not one greenhouse seed from any of them and I have never seen any in the 6 years I have been playing
    Well I am definitely keeping my eyes peeled for any greenhouse seeds in mystery boxes from now on.  Now I did get goldflower seed from the green themed box.at least once or twice.

Photo taken by FarmerCli  (Front Porch View of Elk grazing in pasture) 2015

Sign In to comment.