Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• I just checked back to see if the latest changes had been reversed.  Sad to see they haven't.  I'm done.  It was fun.  Until it wasn't.
  • kaktusas (INT1)kaktusas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 3
    two days in a row Im being asked of product I cant even make.

maybe game developers should fix this
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    after these updates i do not like playing as much.there is no fun in this game any more it is all about the people who run this game having worthless events that cost more than you get back.and the world championship they fixed it that most people can not get any good prizes gaming is falling apart

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Too GG devs.

Well.... I was SO hoping they came to their senses and put the lab back to what we had.   But no.
    Actually I couldn't even get the game to load for several days.   AND I see the forum log in problem is STILL AN ISSUE!   All the game devs seem to want to do is complicate the game and come up with more ways people will spend money on it.   IN fact, I've talked with several people who HAD purchased memberships or what ever, and are canceling. 

Today I checked in and my very best player on my team is leaving.  Asked me if I wanted his farm.   Lol... I was going to ask HIM if he wanted to take over the coop.   This game just isn't fun anymore.   Reading the last few pages here, my GOD what are you devs doing?   Lower level players can't even produce what things need, the debacle with the lab is a game changer for a lot of us who spent countless hours adding more and more production RELYING on free feed.... now I have to upgrade the thing some sixteen more levels before I can do what I could before?  To that I have to ask, what will you people screw up next?  And how bad do I really want to sit here on this click fest?    I thought I'd miss this game after playing it every day for years.   But ya know what?
    I haven't.  

I'll stick with it for now but ONLY because of the people I met here, (a few have not left yet.)  And because for the time being I'm tending someone elses farm who had to be away for over a  year.   he has no clue what's going on here, but until he comes back, I owe it to the guy to not let it get deleted. 

But again, my desire to keep up with this mess is pretty much gone.   And after all this time, and all the many complaints, and I'm SURE you felt it in your income level since I know people who once paid stopped, I so hoped you would have fixed this.   Make a new lab to do what this "upgraded" one does.  Let us keep what we had.    You would have made a lot less people angry. 

But I'm kicking a dead horse here aren't I?  CLEARLY no one cares what us players think.  Darn shame, this was such a fun game for a long time.   It's just not anymore.

I'll check back in a week..... or two.... or not. 
  • Maria77 (US1)Maria77 (US1) US1 Posts: 64
    Let us stop with the upgrades GGS.  We are having a lot of system issues.  Many teammates encountering login issues, things disappearing, message issues, forum issues, etc etc. Concentrate on game bugs because you will lose lots of players if this continues.  In addition, invite a farm friend task does not even work.  People should not have to clear cache every 2min.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    After 3 weeks of not playing, (not even logging into the game) today I thought I would check out if anything has changed. Nope. I'll be checking back in a few more weeks... Maybe.
  • Thank you for your quick response... i do appreciate that you will forward this message.. but really?  is that all you agree on?

My statements were not accusations but rather conditional statements...  could you please address those conditions and why i may be mistaken?  I am not adverse to being wrong... in fact many times i am; but when i am, i'd like to learn the reason for the sake of knowing...  i didn't go on this diatribe because of egotism, i want to learn.  I'd like to understand the rationale for some aspects of the game.  i know enough to know i don't know a lot.  But if i see something wrong and contradictory, i would appreciate an explanation.  Isn't that, at least in part, for what the forum was made?

I use a lot of Reductio ad Absurdum in my arguments, but in this case I WANT TO BE WRONG.  I do like the game, but not if it's going to sully my soul.  Can you give an opinion on the use of gold?  Is it not a tool for the players, or is it merely income for the owners?  Why can't it be both?  And especially since it is very expensive, it should be consistent.  

The game changes in little ways that just make it either more expensive or more difficult for the players to attain satisfaction from the game without spending more and more money.  It happens gradually and minutely so that players not focusing dismiss it out of hand or just deal with it because "it's no biggie."  All these little things that aren't "biggies" turn into one massive "BIGGIE."

There appears to be a skirting of the issue at hand.  Namely that of TRUST.  The farm lab is a particularly blatant abuse of trust between the game server and the individual player.  I've seen many posts that address the same issue but in different ways; such as the click button for harvesting being near the "deals or bargains of the day."  and the consequent  blocking of Rie for trying to resolve the problem on her own (refuting the charge) due to an unresponsive system.  This is just one example of many...

And the test farm...  much of it seems to make the game more difficult, like having the mine at a different location.  People usually focus on the main farm, so if the mine is not there, it may be more easily overlooked.  I'm sure that the game makers/ owners would like to get rid of the mine completely, but that would cause an outright riot would it not?
    OMG.. i almost forgot the small and very pernicious example. The selling of 100 gold for 9.9 million farm dollars. people may say, "just don't click on it..." But why is it there in the first place?

The stock floor lady sells 8 million dollars for 65,000 gold and the players get 100 gold for 9.9 million??? Please tell me that was a bad joke.

Did Big Farm just lower the price to level up the farm lab????  This is way not cool to do so in a sneaky manner....  usually it's the "deal of the hour" or "..of the day"  but now it's all of a sudden lower???

Talk about trust issues... this is exactly what i mean.  Thank you Big Farm, you have just proven my point.

Posts Merged | Cuddly

I think their too many updates
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 20.02.2021
    @sandycbrokyle47 (US1)  You posted in a thread from 2016 so I moved you to the current discussion on the most recent update
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • For goodness sake give us loads more green catalysts! Or even the chance to buy them,can't believe I just said that lol
  • For goodness sake give us loads more green catalysts! Or even the chance to buy them,can't believe I just said that lol
    While I've abstained from posting here for a while, it seems that (almost) no-one see's that a) it's a balance, the lab is way easier to upgrade, you can produce some awesome items in there, but the amounts you can produce are limited, nothing is perfect... there is no free lunch... i would like as much as the next person the ability to produce thousands of seaweed and hundreds of Q3 wf, alfalfa and pig tokens etc. in the lab, but if we all could produce as much as we want, without proper checks and balances, it would be chaos, and b) seriously, even if there were free lunches in life, ggs doesn't give a inch (why are you just figuring this out now?), and that has it's balance as well.

Though I do sincerely thank the mods for doing their best and for all the players who have given constructive suggestions and have been positive in this thread :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    For goodness sake give us loads more green catalysts! Or even the chance to buy them,can't believe I just said that lol
    While I've abstained from posting here for a while, it seems that (almost) no-one see's that a) it's a balance, the lab is way easier to upgrade, you can produce some awesome items in there, but the amounts you can produce are limited, nothing is perfect... there is no free lunch... i would like as much as the next person the ability to produce thousands of seaweed and hundreds of Q3 wf, alfalfa and pig tokens etc. in the lab, but if we all could produce as much as we want, without proper checks and balances, it would be chaos, and b) seriously, even if there were free lunches in life, ggs doesn't give a inch (why are you just figuring this out now?), and that has it's balance as well.

Though I do sincerely thank the mods for doing their best and for all the players who have given constructive suggestions and have been positive in this thread :)
    As bright & cheery as you are with your posts - you seem to be missing the big picture here - A lot of folks spend a lot of time & real money to get their Labs up to where they could be a big help! Then GGS decided it was a time for a change - lol - well now they have put more into the game to slow it down even more & taken away every thing folks have put into their Labs & are now forced to upgrade them again just to get back to where they where before the update - kind of like the Boss buying every 1 a free lunch - oh but wait you have to pay for it too.
     The Mods have done & do an awesome Job here - with all that they put up with! GGS should really be paying them! & not just a few Gold coins !!

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    If you have none in your inventory, you may buy them using Candy Farm Vouchers in the Trade Center for one thing, or you get them in mystery boxes, or as rewards during events, and also from the Jetty boat in the Village.
    @ChickadeeQuilter   What mystery boxes do you find Greenhouse seeds in?  I have never found any in any type. Event seeds yes, but greenhouse seeds, no.
    Maybe they recently added them to a box?

You can get them in green boxes or rarely in regular boxes, but if you want a lot of them, you need to buy them with the traders for the varying temp farms.  I am waiting for the tropical island trader to buy more pineapple seeds.
    @gavinfarms (US1) Are you certain on this that you saw greenhouse seeds and not just event seeds?  I have looked in over 900 green boxes and 800 regular mystery boxes and have not seen a single greenhouse seed, of any variety.

@ChickadeeQuilter  I am still looking for an answer to the question I posed to you a few days ago. Your post states greenhouse seeds can be found in mystery boxes. What type of mystery boxes have greenhouse seeds as a reward? And if there really are any, were the greenhouse seeds recently added to them?
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    edited 20.02.2021
    If you have none in your inventory, you may buy them using Candy Farm Vouchers in the Trade Center for one thing, or you get them in mystery boxes, or as rewards during events, and also from the Jetty boat in the Village.
    @ChickadeeQuilter   What mystery boxes do you find Greenhouse seeds in?  I have never found any in any type. Event seeds yes, but greenhouse seeds, no.

You can get them in green boxes or rarely in regular boxes, but if you want a lot of them, you need to buy them with the traders for the varying temp farms.  I am waiting for the tropical island trader to buy more pineapple seeds.
    @gavinfarms (US1) Are you certain on this that you saw greenhouse seeds and not just event seeds?  I have looked in over 900 green boxes and 800 regular mystery boxes and have not seen a single greenhouse seed, of any variety.

@ChickadeeQuilter  I am still looking for an answer to the question I posed to you a few days ago. Your post states greenhouse seeds can be found in mystery boxes. What type of mystery boxes have greenhouse seeds as a reward? And if there really are any, were the greenhouse seeds recently added to them?
    I have seen them in regular, bronze, silver & gold mystery boxes from time to time also from time to time I have seen them in the green theme boxes,  If you can stand to wait, I will try to do a screenshot of when I get them in these boxes. In the gold theme boxes I have from time to time received significant amounts of Runes, Shells, and Vouches.  These Vouchers can then be used in the Trade Center to purchase the Elderberries, Apricots, Passion, and Fig seeds (regular and special). Here is a screenshot of the current "Urgent Delivery" event that offers rewards of these seeds:

Post edited by ChickadeeQuilter on
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    edited 20.02.2021
    I am just wondering, whether the slowlyness in getting missions and, when it finally appears, you are either alone or there might be 1-2 other players in that mission. Is this due to a total lack of players in the game right now? Or is there another explanation ? It has been this way for 2 whole days now.

I am posting in this thread because I think this might be a consequence of the missing motivation among players due to the lab.
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I am just wondering, whether the slowlyness in getting missions and, when it finally appears, you are either alone or there might be 1-2 other players in that mission. Is this due to a total lack of players in the game right now? Or is there another explanation ? It has been this way for 2 whole days now.

I am posting in this thread because I think this might be a consequence of the missing motivation among players due to the lab.

Personally I always find there is a wait for the next mission.  Sometimes it is quick and sometimes it is not.  I haven't found anything different in regards to that.  But that is just my experience.
  • harden21 (US1)harden21 (US1) US1 Posts: 32
    Is there going to be any changes on the farm labs? Does anyone know? Thank you :smile:
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Is there going to be any changes on the farm labs? Does anyone know? Thank you :smile:
    As said before, we will let you know when we know...we just need patience. I realize that the term, "patience" is not always well received, but we are doing our best. Thank you.
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 21.02.2021
    For goodness sake give us loads more green catalysts! Or even the chance to buy them,can't believe I just said that lol

As bright & cheery as you are with your posts - you seem to be missing the big picture here - A lot of folks spend a lot of time & real money to get their Labs up to where they could be a big help! Then GGS decided it was a time for a change - lol - well now they have put more into the game to slow it down even more & taken away every thing folks have put into their Labs & are now forced to upgrade them again just to get back to where they where before the update - kind of like the Boss buying every 1 a free lunch - oh but wait you have to pay for it too.
     The Mods have done & do an awesome Job here - with all that they put up with! GGS should really be paying them! & not just a few Gold coins !!

Hmmm, to me it seems that you're looking at one side of a coin while i'm looking at both sides, I find it tiresome, that everyone that is, for the sake of simplicity, on "your side", the people that think that ggs put a nail in bigfarm's coffin by doing the update with the lab, you always use the stuff about changing the upgrade prices to push your point of view.

Of course, i agree that it's one of the mistakes that ggs made, not giving some sort of refund for the lab, but considering that my comment had 2 parts to it, and it seems to me that your addressing the "balance" part, all you seem to be doing is repeating what everyone else has already said, your not actually trying to prove me wrong, you're just saying the bad stuff, and i only listed a few things that were part of the balance.

And i do hope that with the update they figure something for a refund that'll fix the error they did, though i'm crossing my finger's that they don't change anything much about the actual lab.

And definitely, all the Mods are absolutely incredible :)

PS. If I had to rate your comment from 1 - 10, 1 being angriest and 10 being happiest, i don't think you'd get a number above 3 ;p
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 21.02.2021
    The problem here is that if you carefully read the rules, you will see that we have all already agreed to play on whatever version of the game is currently acceptable.

From General Terms and Conditions 1.3:
    Goodgame Studios continuously updates, changes, and develops its online and mobile games and other services at its own discretion. Users can therefore only participate in the respective online game, mobile game, or other offer in its respective form provided at any given time. Goodgame Studios retains the right to cease operating an online or mobile game or remove a specific service without explanation.

So what GGS has done here is entirely within the rules they have given us and we have all agreed to these rules.

Of course this is not a nice situation, but perhaps this shows that we need to be aware of what the provider is allowed to do within the rules and accept that these kinds of situations can occur and anything we have worked hard for is only temporary.

I don't want to give the impression that I am telling other players what they have to do and of course you have a right to denounce what GGS has done, but what I am saying is that they are allowed to do these types of things and perhaps this should be an opportunity to reflect on how the game fits into the overall picture of your life and whether you would be ok if it suddenly disappears tomorrow.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Thanks @The Best King (INT1) And no I would never try to prove you wrong
     - you are entitled to your opinion.  Glad you're happy with the changes. ;) 
      I've been with the game a spell & use to be a full time plus daily player. Have been fortunate enough to be able to build up a few co ops & educated a number of farmers on the game.  I'm sure there is some good from the update/change but afraid to me most was lost with the bad changes to the Lab. :neutral:
     I for 1 am not happy with having to work for years to get my Labs up to where I could make all the seaweed items. Then to have it all taken away & forced to get my Lab/s up enough now to just be able to make feed so I can feed my animals, start the trees. I'm just very thankful I did not use any Gold to get the Lab/s up.  :*
     The trouble has not been here long. I feel it started when they decided to run the double co op events at the same time. Along with no break in between the regular events. No 1 or team can do well in them all if they are run at the time. The last change was just another nail into the coffin. It's pretty clear GGS is only interested in 1 thing

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 21.02.2021

I have seen them in regular, bronze, silver & gold mystery boxes from time to time also from time to time I have seen them in the green theme boxes,  If you can stand to wait, I will try to do a screenshot of when I get them in these boxes. In the gold theme boxes I have from time to time received significant amounts of Runes, Shells, and Vouches.  These Vouchers can then be used in the Trade Center to purchase the Elderberries, Apricots, Passion, and Fig seeds (regular and special). Here is a screenshot of the current "Urgent Delivery" event that offers rewards of these seeds:

@ChickadeeQuilter

Thank you for all the time you put into this response, but I at no time questioned these seeds being offered as rewards for events. And yes, the new style of gold mystery boxes do contain Runes, Shells & Vouchers that can be used to buy the greenhouse seeds. My comment was nothing to do with the availability of these seeds, my only question was what mystery box(es) do you find them in and if they were recently added as a reward in any type of mystery box. The screen shots are superfluous, they do not address my question.

Yes, please send a picture if/when you ever find one in any mystery box. I went back and checked contents and numbers with the other players I was collaborating with on probability of finding certain things within the different boxes. In over 4,000 boxes that were tallied, there was never a single instance of any greenhouse seeds being found. We tracked all types of mystery boxes (old style, new style and all colors). So, if you are finding them in so many types (regular, bronze, silver, gold & sometimes even green theme boxes), I would also like to know how or why you get them and we don’t.

• After 3 weeks of not playing, (not even logging into the game) today I thought I would check out if anything has changed. Nope. I'll be checking back in a few more weeks... Maybe.
    I hear ya'. I used to be a daily player, always had it open while working in the background. Gave my coop a heads up that I'd be scarce for a while and didn't log in for a week. Logged back in and...nope nothing fixed. So away another week, logged in this morning, and NOPE STILL nothing fixed and members droppin' like flies due to the plethora of still unaddressed repairs that need to be made overall.
    That said, it certainly has provided more spending money for non-game things. 
    And I'm starting to wonder even more about the addiction side of this game gig. Went from a couple days of boredom to my favorite Outlander lads in "Men With Kilts", which is FAR more worthy of my time and money. Hope all else in your world is doin' ok MRG1. ;-)
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 21.02.2021
    Not sure what you are really expecting here?

I mean ( My question without any harsh feelings )
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @Heather Norsk (US1)

You're correct, you cannot find Greenhouse seeds in Any mystery boxes directly :)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @Heather Norsk (US1) I agree with Exxy, you cannot find in mystery boxes... opened approx. 1000 various boxes today and not one greenhouse seed from any of them and I have never seen any in the 6 years I have been playing
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    I suggest that the first and second catalyst recipes swap places with each other, so feed, fertilizer, etc. would be first and special seeds then.
    With first-class feed, lower production costs and special seeds can be made for the nursery, with the exception of special special seeds that the adventurer brings to if he remembers. 
    Your idea is good but what use when you do not get enough catalyst for the production. The past system without catalyst worked much better than this new one with catalyst.
    The only good thing with the new lab is only its style, which makes it easier to go to the last product so we do not need long scroll through several pages to find it, but not all other things they are not not not not good. 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    I suggest that the first and second catalyst recipes swap places with each other, so feed, fertilizer, etc. would be first and special seeds then.
    With first-class feed, lower production costs and special seeds can be made for the nursery, with the exception of special special seeds that the adventurer brings to if he remembers. 
    Your idea is good but what use when you do not get enough catalyst for the production. The past system without catalyst worked much better than this new one with catalyst.
    The only good thing with the new lab is only its style, which makes it easier to go to the last product so we do not need long scroll through several pages to find it, but not all other things they are not not not not good. 

I have seen a suggestion in the Suggestions section about getting a new building just for the production of catalysts since there is not ability of making it in the Labs. :)
    Yes but I think it's not a good idea because a new building will take place at your farm and a building there you only got catalysts. It is more practical with a lab where you do not have to have many extra buildings so it can be useful. We players need the space for other buildings :)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    JVD (US1) said:
    @Heather Norsk (US1) I agree with Exxy, you cannot find in mystery boxes... opened approx. 1000 various boxes today and not one greenhouse seed from any of them and I have never seen any in the 6 years I have been playing
    Well I am definitely keeping my eyes peeled for any greenhouse seeds in mystery boxes from now on.  Now I did get goldflower seed from the green themed box.at least once or twice.

Yes, I have gotten those and many other seeds like that... but NEVER a greenhouse seed from one of the temp farms! Let me know if you get any...
Sign In to comment.