Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• harden21 (US1)harden21 (US1) US1 Posts: 32
    they need to find some thing else to do with the jam it is making us lose to many horseshoes when we load the boat

I agree, i dont mind making the jam, but putting it on the boat isn't the best update they've ever had. I think they shld keep the jam factories and make the jam useful somewhere else. And then just change the labs back to how they were before the update.
  • I stopped playing once they ruined the labs, so I never got as far as the jam. 
    Was there anything positive to this update?

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I stopped playing once they ruined the labs, so I never got as far as the jam. 
    Was there anything positive to this update?

I have been making pretty good farm dollars making jam.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Maybe some one could shed some light on where one gets Apricots to make Apricot jam?? 
     I must be blind or totally out of it with the recent changes that I just can not find where to get the Apricots from.
     :(
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 15.02.2021
    Maybe some one could shed some light on where one gets Apricots to make Apricot jam?? 
     I must be blind or totally out of it with the recent changes that I just can not find where to get the Apricots from.
    Greenhouse seeds;  the apricots are tucked in there with the elderberry and rose hips, among others

Greenhouse seeds;  the apricots are tucked in there with the elderberry and rose hips, among others

so a Lab at level 12 and a Jam Factory at level 8 - Thanks! found it :(
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Why is there a hotfix?  Moderators have a responsibility of telling us what the hotfix contains!
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I see no hotfix pending
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    HotFix was at 10:15 CET.  @BugsBunny posted about as soon as  we were told
    There was a notification of a hotfix, but there was no mention of what was happening to the game....what was being altered, etc.?
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well I haven't played in nearly a week.  Keep hoping they reverse their insanity with the lab.  Doubtful but I just lost interest.

So today I thought I'd check in.   Now the game won't even LOAD.
    And the forum is STILL broken, only way I could even get here was that walk around of asking for a new password....  

So broken and broken.    Guess Ill walk away for another week.    Or more.   Honestly, I didn't miss this.  After playing three big farms for YEARS.   Oh well.  nothing is forever.
    And still no notifications of what was in the hotfix......
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485

I'm probably a little slow in perception, but how do we get the greenhouse seeds to be used for the jam? I can not plant / harvest apricots, pineapples, elderberries, blackberries or rosehips
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    If you have none in your inventory, you may buy them using Candy Farm Vouchers in the Trade Center for one thing, or you get them in mystery boxes, or as rewards during events, and also from the Jetty boat in the Village.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 16.02.2021
    If you have none in your inventory, you may buy them using Candy Farm Vouchers in the Trade Center for one thing, or you get them in mystery boxes, or as rewards during events, and also from the Jetty boat in the Village.
    not sure what level your lab is, you can also make most special greenhouse seeds in the lab, unfortunately you'll need a few in stock to start & some Ordinary Catalyst (oc).
    To make 1 Special Honeydew melon seed (hms) you'll need 103 oc + 1 hms,
    only thing the Labs good for now
    Post edited by george3 (AU1) on
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    not sure what level your lab is, you can also make most special greenhouse seeds in the lab, unfortunately you'll need a few in stock to start & some Ordinary Catalyst (oc).
    To make 1 Special Honeydew melon seed (hms) you'll need 103 oc + 1 hms,
    only thing the Labs good for now
    Yes very true, @g@"george3 (AU1)", and those "starter stock" of seeds can be obtained in the areas I mentioned before: Jetty Boat, mystery boxes, event rewards, or exchange for them in the Trade Center under the Candy Farm Tab.  The screenshot below show an example of the Voucher Tab offerings in the Trade Center.
    The other pages shows the other fruits you can obtain.

I'm probably a little slow in perception, but how do we get the greenhouse seeds to be used for the jam? I can not plant / harvest apricots, pineapples, elderberries, blackberries or rosehips
    1 needs to start those x%#*% Temp Farms in order to earn their currency to be able to buy those seeds to use in your Green house to make the Apricots & so on to turn into Jam through the Jam Factory. :( Not a good option for those under player level 90 :(
    edited 16.02.2021
    Så uanset hvor jeg læser, står der, at jeg kan sende frugterne med skib. Både i indkøbscentret og i drivhuset!
    Hvordan får jeg frugterne fra drivhuset og ind i min Jam-fabrik? Vil de være synlige, når min Jam-fabrik er på et højere niveau, eller hvad?

Undskyld min uvidenhed

Så uanset hvor jeg læser, står der, at jeg kan sende frugterne med skib. Både i indkøbscentret og i drivhuset!
    Hvordan får jeg frugterne fra drivhuset og ind i min Jam-fabrik? Vil de være synlige, når min Jam-fabrik er på et højere niveau, eller hvad?

Undskyld min uvidenhed

you don't have to put them in the jam factory like you do for the bakery or dairy. The jam factory just uses them from your inventory like the flower farm shop.  

*using google translate*

du behøver ikke at lægge dem på marmeladefabrikken, som du gør til bageriet eller mejeriet. Syltetøjsfabrikken bruger dem bare fra din beholdning som blomsterbutik.
    edited 16.02.2021
    @ChickadeeQuilter   What mystery boxes do you find Greenhouse seeds in?  I have never found any in any type. Event seeds yes, but greenhouse seeds, no.
    Maybe they recently added them to a box?
    Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
    Data King (US1) said: 1 needs to start those x%#*% Temp Farms in order to earn their currency to be able to buy those seeds to use in your Green house to make the Apricots & so on to turn into Jam through the Jam Factory. :( Not a good option for those under player level 90 :(

@Data King (US1)
    I have to agree with you there. For lower level players those temp farms are so difficult because they are so expensive! If the player is not in a co-op that gets the village Adventurer's Boat twice a day, those Greenhouse crops are going to be mighty difficult for them.  

I haven't really noticed any one put out there, that this is a loss of WWC points too, for not being able to fill Barnacle's ship, in addition to cash, XP and horseshoes. Whilst this jam factory is nice in some ways, it is fairly difficult for many players, especially those without a lot of orchards.

Barnacle has always requested things before we could supply them, like cherries before we built one or could make enough fertilizer to plant them, but this is just so much more than that. 

Undskyld min uvidenhed

you don't have to put them in the jam factory like you do for the bakery or dairy. The jam factory just uses them from your inventory like the flower farm shop.  

*using google translate*

du behøver ikke at lægge dem på marmeladefabrikken, som du gør til bageriet eller mejeriet. Syltetøjsfabrikken bruger dem bare fra din beholdning som blomsterbutik.
    Thank you.  :)
    @ChickadeeQuilter   What mystery boxes do you find Greenhouse seeds in?  I have never found any in any type. Event seeds yes, but greenhouse seeds, no.

You can get them in green boxes or rarely in regular boxes, but if you want a lot of them, you need to buy them with the traders for the varying temp farms.  I am waiting for the tropical island trader to buy more pineapple seeds.
    Still no word on what was in the hotfix..............

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @gavinfarms (US1)

Hotfix are usually very minor fixes

I dont think there was much important features in that one :)

You can get them in green boxes or rarely in regular boxes, but if you want a lot of them, you need to buy them with the traders for the varying temp farms.  I am waiting for the tropical island trader to buy more pineapple seeds.
    Really?  I wonder how rare they are. I think maybe you've been fortunate? (Or I'm unlucky there)

In green boxes I have only ever gotten event flower seeds or special seeds (and always comes with 2 SS or 1 flower seed pack, no variation)

And never in regular boxes either.  I had kept track for awhile to see what the chance was of getting different items, and in all the time I tracked them, I never saw greenhouse seeds in any of them. 
  • VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    Ever since this update, I have been experiencing game freezes every 20-30 minutes while playing the game.  It is annoying, but I haven't been playing as much as usual since the update anyway.  I kept thinking it was just a temporary issue and would be resolved.  However, as I do continue with some basic farming, the problem has persisted.  Basically, I can still move my cursor and I can click things, but the game just stays stuck in place for about 10 seconds and then it starts working again and catches up to me.  Sometimes it gets stuck completely and I have to reload the game.  It wasn't like this for me before this update.  It gets frustrating during village challenges and CC missions, but otherwise I can usually ignore it.  I don't think it is anything on my end, because other games and tv streaming works just fine.  However, I don't remember anyone else mentioning it, so maybe it is just me. 

@VAM (US1) This game has always been a hog on browser memory
     - best bet be sure all your browser & cache histories are emptied before even starting the game. And just run the game - nothing else - depending on your farms & how developed they are you should get an hour or 2 of play time before you'll have empty your histories again
     - also you can try a different browser & see if that will enable you to play longer.
  • VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    Thanks!  I use Firefox and I do have it clear everything whenever I close the window.  However, I have a habit of letting my game run all day even when I'm not at my computer, so that's probably the problem.  Its just odd that it seems to be an issue now, when my computer never had trouble handling it before and also never has trouble with any other thing that I do on my computer, no matter how many programs and windows I have open at once.  I thought maybe my jam factory was jamming up the game, LOL!
    VAM (US1) said:
    Thanks!  I use Firefox and I do have it clear everything whenever I close the window.  However, I have a habit of letting my game run all day even when I'm not at my computer, so that's probably the problem.  Its just odd that it seems to be an issue now, when my computer never had trouble handling it before and also never has trouble with any other thing that I do on my computer, no matter how many programs and windows I have open at once.  I thought maybe my jam factory was jamming up the game, LOL!
    @VAM (US1)
    I have the same issue, as do at least a few others in my co-op. This started happening to me at the end of last year. It especially happens when I go to a different tab or a different program, or if the screensaver comes on. For me it happens whether I use chrome or firefox, not really more or less on either. There was a brief discussion about this last Nov/Dec, here;
     https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4318691#Comment_4318691
    But I don't think anything really happened with that report. Perhaps if more players have the same issue & all report it there, maybe it will get looked at?  Maybe wishful thinking ;-)

Another player in my co-op, Joe, discovered that if you hit the star in the address bar to bookmark the page, it unfreezes instantly. This has worked great for me every time (I just occasionally go to favorites to delete all the duplicate times Big Farm has been added as a result of this).
Sign In to comment.