Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• Thom Harris (US1)Thom Harris (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    edited 02.02.2021
    Just in case you're wondering if the developers care.  I sent a support ticket explaining that I had just spent 12 million dollars to upgrade the lab two days before they performed the upgrade.  I had explained that I should at least be refunded for my upgrade.  Here is the answer I got.

(Conversation with Support Removed, It is against the community guidelines), By BM Bugs Bunny

This was a very nice non answer to my question.  Just posting this for those who think they care.
    Post edited by BugsBunny on
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 02.02.2021
    Just in case you're wondering if the developers care.  I sent a support ticket explaining that I had just spent 12 million dollars to upgrade the lab two days before they performed the upgrade.  I had explained that I should at least be refunded for my upgrade.  Here is the answer I got.

(Removed)

This was a very nice non answer to my question.  Just posting this for those who think they care.
    it is copied and pasted, same reply to everyone i got the same about something i had gotten in touch with them for. 
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612

(Conversation with Support Removed, It is against the community guidelines), By BM Bugs Bunny

If you aren't satisfied with the initial reply from support, please share your response/feedback to them directly as a reply to the ticket.

Since this is a issue which has affected all players, as they mentioned already in the reply, we will let you all know through official announcements when there is any new news about it.

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 02.02.2021
    Oh man - o - man - I was looking at the lab more closely - I saw you need several up grades to get to the seaweed feed that we have been able to make - While strolling through the many up levels we need to get to the seaweed - I saw all the tokens we get from the dairy - Why - why do we need two of everything doing the same thing - this is not only a waste it is a very Bratty move by the DEV team -  What did they Do - look over all the things in the farm and decide to make the lab eLABorate - Why not have it make eggs and milk Why do wee need the redundancy- I read somewhere above that a poster posted it would bring a balance to the game - as the blue goods gave an unfair advantage - what a lop of slop - every player had the means to gain accesses to the blue goods in the lab based on there level - ability - or buying gold to get there. Now with these beakers of fluid needed instead of the goods produced on the farm - This Is Batty plain and simple now who has the leg up - This is a real mess - not over exaggerated  - farm goods should be used to make the goods that were always made with - My mind keeps bending - I wake up and I rather clean the toilet than login to play - I was complemented on the good job by the way  -  I am with the others The Lab needs to be reworked and set back to the way it was- Then add all this redundant idiotic insane head slapping jibber-jabber redundancy. - I like most others were looking forward in time to up grade the ole lab so we could practice Alchemy -  
    Really Really  Did those guys look at each other and say wow man you how cool it would be to have 500 levels to the lab man - you could like climb up there and see the whole of big farm - yea man thats sooo cool-  Please Please b4 I go crazy and give Lester my farm - Put the lab back - do some research and add only the good parts of this new updated Lab the next go round....

Edited for removal of redacted Text -

• SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    This discussion was created from comments split from: a new restaurant.
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    that jam takes way to long to make i guess it is just away for us not to be able to get to the good prizes for the horseshoes in the championship
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    edited 02.02.2021
    All the farms out there that use premium feed to allow them to have less or no deco's did have an advantage fair or otherwise it wont worry me as I like to my production cost down, however if will affect the "big hitters", who have extra production sites in lieu of deco's , but it was their choice to do so. And being pragmatic it was an imbalance but one that most if not all players took advantage of ! I cant see the big hitters destroying stables to put in deco's , we may lose them , better for the rest of us , but I do wonder how many of these players buy gold , maybe G.G. has done an analysis, who knows, either way its a game changer ( pardon the pun).
        But trying to be positive perhaps Big farm could introduce a secondary mill ( factory ) just for the production of premium feed using certs or some other medium as has been suggested?
    But this change to the farm lab has affected all of us and does warrant action
    Ghost who walks.
    All the farms out there that use premium feed to allow them to have less or no deco's did have an advantage fair or otherwise it wont worry me as I like to my production cost down, however if will affect the "big hitters", who have extra production sites in lieu of deco's , but it was their choice to do so. And being pragmatic it was an imbalance but one that most if not all players took advantage of ! I cant see the big hitters destroying stables to put in deco's , we may lose them , better for the rest of us , but I do wonder how many of these players buy gold , maybe G.G. has done an analysis, who knows, either way its a game changer ( pardon the pun).
        But trying to be positive perhaps Big farm could introduce a secondary mill ( factory ) just for the production of premium feed using certs or some other medium as has been suggested?
    But this change to the farm lab has affected all of us and does warrant action
    Ghost who walks.
    xps are worthless in this game yes you get to a higher level and you go against higher level players but you are ranked by mission not by your level       
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    5 Days and no reaction from GGS.........silence is very telling sometimes.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Since most of the posts happened over the weekend, the Team is still reviewing the data.  Please have patience. Thank you.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    In the past, GGS would have definitely said something by now.  Patience is one thing, but they could have made some statement by now.  It was clear to them by Friday afternoon, that there was a problem.  So for them to not make a statement by the following Tuesday is thoroughly unacceptable.
  • pmilers (US1)pmilers (US1) US1 Posts: 18
    edited 02.02.2021

I rarely post here in the forum but this seems like the right opportunity.  I am on the US1 server, level 281, and have been playing since 2015.  I have enjoyed this game as a way to kill time and relax.  However, over the last year, GGS has made playing this game incredibly exhausting.  There is never a break in the competitions (CC, HWE, FHWE, VF), players who spend a ton of gold destroy players who don’t, and the game has shifted from being coop focused to gold spending focused.  If you want to do well in any event, you have to spend enormous amounts of gold.  They ruined the horse racing, my favorite part of the game.  My level 123 horse routinely losses to horses 70 levels below mine, even fully loaded with tack.  Dream World and Greta’s Dream run constantly.  And now this last update will eventually bring my farm to a partial standstill.  My Coop is filled with many retired players who don’t have the discretionary income to spend gold just to have fun so over the last several months, we have lost at least 30 players as the game isn’t fun anymore for them.  I appreciate that GGS is not a non-profit and they need to make money.  That is perfectly fine but when they change a game from being fun to only being fun if tons of money is spent, that is unacceptable.  This update has now made the nurseries and labs unusable.  I will be out of catalyst today (oh wait…I just won 100 of them, LOL!), my silos are at a standstill and soon my mills will be also.  Leave the Jam Factory but undo the laboratory change.  It’s a catastrophe.

• deputy22 (US1)deputy22 (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    Ruined a great farm option,  have moved labs to a corner out of the way, will no longer use or upgrade.  Thanks for Nothing.  Wasted a lot of money, gold on building and upgrading over the years.  Now its JUNK.   
  • I wish I could think of something that 100 People had not already said about the Lab update. 
    I want to add my voice to theirs. 
    This is my daughter's account, since I can't get on the forum on mine.
    I've been playing for two years and love the game.
    The dream would gets tiresome with it running just a week all the time. The longer version was fun. 
    The lab is like waking up TO a nightmare. 
    I believe if you play a free game, you should buy stuff to pay your way at least some. 
    I was just about to do that AGAIN when this update hit. 
    Now I'm not even playing. 
    I know most game don't like to go backwards. 
    But this is changing the rules in the middle of the game. And that is never a popular or fair choice. 
    Thank you for you time

LazyFarm Co-op
  • After carefully contemplating the current game changes I've decided to put my thoughts down. I am a level 425 player and have enjoyed playing this game a lot. I have seen a lot of changes, some good, some not so good. Having that said, the latest change with the labs have truly been a game changer for all of us. I've been around long enough and can say that I've never seen the People in charge ever change things back or actually really acknowledge our dislikes or complaints. Rather than state all the things that have already been said, I'd like to offer some suggestions. Perhaps the Game people in charge could come up with some new ways we could get higher amounts of catalysts AND...if perhaps the happiness could be re done a bit so that our farms are not so far deep in the red. I worked very hard trying to get my happiness up since the change and I barely was able to do that with A LOT of effort. Please at the minimum, offer us some hope again! Thank you for your consideration.

MountainSplash USA1
  • Barb66 (US1)Barb66 (US1) US1 Posts: 57
    Feel a bit like a broken record. The lab changes are affecting so much in the game. I'm at level 372; been playing for years. Started out not buying gold, but changed over time. I'm on fixed income so paying for a game takes a big bite out of my budget. Not being able to make any premium feed or seaweed fertilizer affects so much. Yes, I ran out of rare catalyzer very fast after draining my farm dollars to upgrade my MF lab to level 17 (not even equivalent to where I was). Silos idled; and just now I can't complete a sidebar task for chicken feed without taking a loss in farm $$ because my inventory is full. Adding insult; losing XPs for using premium feeds and having to now pay to feed. Will also penalized my co-op during missions & VF challenges. So sad. I'm trying to be patient; have accepted all the previous "updates" even if they also seemed to adversely affect the enjoyment of the game. Tough decisions ahead if GGS doesn't adjust the labs to be more like they were. Don't know when I'll be able to upgrade the jam factory to get enough jams to fill the boat and contracts. :-(

• JamieFraser (US1)JamieFraser (US1) US1 Posts: 96
    edited 03.02.2021
    I've been holding off commenting until I had time to try and work within this new chaos. 
    I've given it time, and run the math. 
    I spent $7,813,828,200.00 in farm dollars and 703,550 in GOLD to level my lab to 24. 
    I did it specifically so I could get to the seaweed feed as well as the plethora of previously mentioned things by far better players than I. I paid both farm and REAL MONEY for game gold to level that lab up. And I'm one of those who focuses on happiness levels so I can take my time and don't worry about gazillion events and such. Learned long ago to just focus on the ones I truly enjoy versus moneymoneymoney all the time. I run all primary farms at 97% happiness just because I want to because love doing so in this game. And I still usually carry a billion farm dollars around from contracts, fishing, etc. 
    I've been antsy in this game for almost a year due to the massive changes, takebacks, constant bugs, and errors that never get fixed. I had thought about dropping it but it's my own coop and I hate the idea of letting the Ridge fail. So I gave being a wandering player try. God bless DataKing and Heather Norsk who helped me into Success Team, who let me join them for some higher leveled experience and a change of pace. What gracious kind folks DK. Heather, and ST are! I stayed there a couple weeks then switched back to my coop and have been trying to make a go of it with the new things I'd learned. 
    But now? The way this whole thing was rolled out was irresponsible and damaging. My coop has lost members because of it, and we're a tiny little coop. They're mostly newbies who are asking questions I can't answer because GG refuses to communicate effectively with our mods. I'm now so tired of this GG caused chaos and am sick at all the wasted money (7 TRILLION!!!) and gold. This is starting to feel like a cult, where they keep moving the dang goalposts in the middle of the game. 

edited 03.02.2021
    It has only been a few days (most of which covered a weekend when the Team was offline). Now they are looking at and studying everyone's responses.  They will get back to us so we can let you all know what is the plan.  We need to let them work it out.  Again thank you for your patience.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Ruined a great farm option,  have moved labs to a corner out of the way, will no longer use or upgrade.  Thanks for Nothing.  Wasted a lot of money, gold on building and upgrading over the years.  Now its JUNK.   
    @deputy22 (US1)

I've moved your post from the German forums to the International forums as it is meant to be here, next time please post here on the International forums itself  :)

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny
  • Question, Are we getting credit for the sugar in the corn in making jam's ?
    Question, Are we getting credit for the sugar in the corn in making jam's ?
    Sorry, but corn will not give you the sugar needed for the jams.  As stated before, only by harvesting: apples, cherries, peaches, citrus will give the sugars, and also occasionally sugars will come from harvesting the greenhouse.
  • FuriousFarmer07 (IN1)FuriousFarmer07 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 783
    edited 03.02.2021
    Sorry, but corn will not give you the sugar needed for the jams.  As stated before, only by harvesting: apples, cherries, peaches, citrus will give the sugars, and also occasionally sugars will come from harvesting the greenhouse.
    Chickadee, Will we get sugar from Peaches and Almonds?
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    As Chickadee has said "only by harvesting: apples, cherries, peaches, citrus will give the sugars,"

Not from Almonds or Olives
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    edited 03.02.2021
    Spørgsmål: Får vi kredit for sukkeret i majsen ved at fremstille marmelade?
    Beklager, men majs giver dig ikke det nødvendige sukker til syltetøj. Som nævnt før, kun ved høst: æbler, kirsebær, ferskner, citrus giver sukkeret, og også lejlighedsvis kommer sukker fra høst af drivhuset.
    Chickadee, får vi sukker fra ferskner og mandler?
    Ja, the peaches giver. Sidste gang fik jeg 130 sukker
    Post edited by Morti (SKN1) on
    Yes, the almonds give. Last time I got 130 sugar
    Are you sure?  Please post a screenshot of the almonds giving sugar, as currently almonds are not designed to do so.  Maybe you harvested peaches and only thought you harvested almonds?  
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    Since most of the posts happened over the weekend, the Team is still reviewing the data.  Please have patience. Thank you.
    My patience are gone and so are all subscriptions now. No need to pay for anything when you just sit on your farm and look at it. 

Way to wean us off the game. 
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    And they had to wait for about 3 years to make these changes to the lab. OKAY
  • I'm done being patient.  No longer work my main farms.  I do the Dream World once in a while, because it doesn't use premium animal food.  I do it for Diamonds, in case the premium animal food is restored to what it was.  Otherwise, I'm gone.
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157

If the greenhouse is only supposed to "occassionally" give sugar there is something up with the drop rate on the orchards.

Currently, my greenhouse is the most regular and dependable provider of sugar, giving it at every other harvest. 

Citrus does occasionally give some sugar but the peaches drop rate is ridiculously low I am going days without having any sugar dropped from any of my peach orchards and I have 6 of them.
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    Yes, the almonds give. Last time I got 130 sugar
    Are you sure?  Please post a screenshot of the almonds giving sugar, as currently almonds are not designed to do so.  Maybe you harvested peaches and only thought you harvested almonds?  
    Sorry I wrote wrong! It's Peaches 
Sign In to comment.