Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• harden21 (US1)harden21 (US1) US1 Posts: 32
    if GG won't reconsider reversing recent lab upgrade maybe they would consider having a "grandfather" clause where by the change would be affect all labs built after the update and established labs remain as before
    That's an awesome idea. Ive put too much money/gold into my farm labs for it all just to disappear out of nowhere with no heads up.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    The fact that GGS has said nothing and done nothing is unthinkable.

Isn't it normal for them to be quiet when we are the ones that are hurting due to their unbalanced, not so bright ideas? I only remember them jumping in when the game has a glitch that is in our favor. 

Meanwhile I sit with 3 empty labs because the catalysts are nowhere to be found. 

Oh and that jam factory someone keeps mentioning....well yeah, it's built but it sure isn't helping find a catalyst or getting me rep points.

All I can do is shake my head and ask myself why I am still here.
    The fact that GGS has said nothing and done nothing is unthinkable.

Isn't it normal for them to be quiet when we are the ones that are hurting due to their unbalanced, not so bright ideas? I only remember them jumping in when the game has a glitch that is in our favor. 

Meanwhile I sit with 3 empty labs because the catalysts are nowhere to be found. 

Oh and that jam factory someone keeps mentioning....well yeah, it's built but it sure isn't helping find a catalyst or getting me rep points.

All I can do is shake my head and ask myself why I am still here.
    100% agree. They instantly fix something when it benefits us but when its hurts us they just let it be. 

If anyone from ggs is reading...can yall pls fix??
    The good news abt the jam factory is the jam does sell for a fair amnt of money
    Just from making one thing of cherry jam every 18mins u get over $300k which isn't really too bad :smile:
  • If GGS changed the lab in order to try and make the game more balanced and fairer over all (which I totally don't understand) - then does every league in the CC give the same amount of catalyst as prizes? Does the rookie league have the same opportunity to get the same amount of catalyst as those in the master league?

Because if they don't, it's totally unbalanced and unfair.
  • Rascal22 (US1)Rascal22 (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    I feel sad, disheartened and cheated. I paid a small fortune to upgrade my farm labs and now they want me to pay more to be able to produce things I could produce before this update. I do understand that the game is a property of GGS but it is a simulation of real life and in real life they would be procecuted for stealing from hundreds thousands of customers. I've been a loyal customer for five years, used to buy gold every month and had subscriptions in the past but being treated with disrespect makes me to reconsider my loyalty. This game is not fun anymore. It is a huge disappointment. You don't pay for disappointment. You just find a different service provider who keeps their customers happy.
    This game is not fun anymore. It is a huge disappointment.
  • Rascal22 (US1)Rascal22 (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    This game is not fun anymore. It's a huge disappointment!
    edited 29.01.2021
    Just from making one thing of cherry jam every 18mins u get over $300k which isn't really too bad :smile:

I wonder how long before they decide you get too much money for jam and change that. You know if you're all happy with it they will make sure to poke you where it hurts.
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 29.01.2021
    As with most things, this update was a pretty good balance i think.

Obviously no-one can really fault the Donkey dwelling :)

In terms of completing the boat, while i understand that those horseshoes might be important i cannot really sympathize considering that a) i almost never complete/pay attention to the boat and b)  the jam factories could very conservatively produce at least 150M dollars every month.

And of course, give it a bit of time and you'll be able to complete the boat like you've always done while still being able to make some extra jam on the side to sell :)

And last but not least, the lab, AKA "The Big Debacle".

While i do side on the opinion that ggs should give a refund to players that had a developed lab before the update, whether that's by giving them back their money and restarting the lab lvl or refunding them the difference between current and previous lab upgrade prices for each lvl of your lab, i think that the lab change was great.

Of course, you need a higher lvl of the lab to produce premium, and producing items in the lab is greatly restricted because of the use of catalysts, but there are many great parts of the "lab update".

You can produce so many more things, you can get booster tokens without having to even have dairies, which means that under-lvl-150's can use booster tokens, you can produce Q3 (Quality 3) wildflower tokens which haven't been available previously.

You can produce all the new types of seaweed feed (rapid, compound and potent) as well as all types of new booster's.

And you can even produce balloon tokens (at lvl 98)!

Of course, there are a few issues, for people like me that assigned booster tokens to the premium lvl of orchards and will have to switch to using regular fert, it'll be a bit difficult as well as the breakage % won't be as good, but the update was only implemented yesterday, nothing's perfect!

Also, i'm pretty confident that if you (those who're complaining a lot) would spend half the time that you spend complaining trying to make your farm runnable with this new update instead, you'd be able to find at least a reasonable solution :)
    I think you make some good points. Though I do think another adjustment should be that there are a lot more catalysts given out. For example maybe when you harvest fields just like the seed boxes. If a lot more catalysts are given out, especially the rare catalysts which are used for the premium items, then I can see this new lab working to our benefit. This should be in addition to a compensation given to those who had already paid to upgrade their MULTIPLE labs.
    Well, not a bad idea i have to say, i think it's a good "middle ground" with not making it too easy or hard, at the same time, it's not too bad as it is :)

As i said in my last post, i truly agree that players that have already upgraded their lab should get some kind of refund.

What i find hard to believe though, is that some players farm's will actually have to shut down

While i understand that if your farms run in the massive -happiness it will cost you some money to run it, there's still the mermaid bay, the boats, the market contracts, and your stored money and fish/other items to give you enough dollars to at least keep the farm running until you can run damage control and fix your farm.

And that's not counting that a lot of buildings (or almost all of them i think) will give you more money from the selling of the items they produce than the amount of money they take to run.

It is tactful, respectful, and true, to note that, at some point, approximately Sunday - Tuesday, I will be reduced to using only my fields, and not my stables.

To be clear, the Jam factory and the donkey Community, are just fine, but the lab, as is, would shut down my farm.  That is not hyperbole.  Failure to fix this, would, in all likelihood, cause me to quit.  (And I got my 8 year badge today....how ironic).

I was project manager for computer systems on Wall Street.  This is a "work the weekend", "all hands on deck" level of catastrophe.

@gavinfarms (US1)  Considering how advanced/developed/upgraded your farm is, as well as your lvl, i find it very hard to believe that you'll be reduced to using only your fields in aprox. 4 days time.

I don't have all of your farm's data etc. but in this specific case i would have to say that it is hyperbole :(

Unless, of course, the $1200 and $15K needed to put in 1 pigsty and 1 cowshed respectively are bankrupting your farm (that's including cost to produce the feed in the mill though not to buy ingredients, though as long as your fields are still running, you won't need to buy too much cabbage/wheat :)

The vast majority of higher level players depend on premium feed and super feed.  One can argue that maybe the world should not have evolved in this way, but it did.  I will run out of those feeds by early next week.  The expense of starting each cow, duck, and so on, when you add it up, is significant.  It will radically reduce the effectiveness of my farm.  It destroys years of work.

"IF" GGS were to not solve this, it would be a clear signal that they do not understand how the game has evolved or do not care.  It is hard for me to imagine that I would continue to buy a subscription, if they fail to meet this moment.

Fair enough, i'm not saying that this update will not impact anyone, but since you've been playing this game for years, don't you have any idea's on how you could fix this problem, besides trying to get the update reversed?

As i said before, considering your pretty high level, your farm and the years you've been playing bigfarm, can you really not figure out a solution, even if that includes just biting the bullet of farm costs if that's the way you want to go?

Anyway, i really do hope that you farm doesn't have to shut down (not hyperbole) be impacted too much lol :)

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Can't believe how many of you folks whine like little babies. It's a game you either play it or you don't, quite a simple concept wouldn't you think?? I Don't understand all the whining, complaining and nit picking over a game that you choose to play, they didn't make you start playing it.....It's their game so let them run it they way they want to run it, and again, don't like it then go play something else. 
    Yea well... when someone literally spends YEARS addicted to this silly (and so far mostly entertaining) game, only to have countless hours of time and resources taken away for an "UP" grade no one asked for and clearly no one likes, and this goes on so often on this game....   Oh I won't totally walk away.  Though I have not logged into a single farm today and have NO desire to.  I put a lol  "toe jam" thing on ONE farm just to try.   But more than likely Ill be bulldozing most of the labs I WASTED so much time upgrading. 
    So yea on one hand your right.  Don't like it don't play.  Been playing a lot more poker elsewhere today.
    And one thing is absolute now.   NO WAY I would EVER spend one red cent of real money on this.   I did in the beginning, would have all along but no.   Far too much stupidity on the part of the designers here.
    Oh and of all the broken things they supposedly are "fixing?"   THESE FORUMS still mean I have to ask to reset a password, then go log into the email I used for this which I NEVER actually use, come back here reset my stupid password.   EVERY SINGLE TIME!   They couldn't fix this?
    OR the dog that shows a reward then coughs up an error message? 
    OR the buildings that overlap each other until I grab to move one and replace it to knock the fence back to the ground and the buildings behind to look behind again?  EVERY DAY?  Nope, didn't fix that.
    Instead the totally SCREW UP a very useful, functional and now depended upon tool.
    Mine would have to be upgraded to level SIXTEEN just to make duck feed again?  Took forever just to get it up to where it is now.  

So yea.... moving along.  Poker just loaded, BYE!
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    i see no mods ringing in on this
    They just might be as disgusted as we all are.    I went back and read through several pages of this thread.
    A LOT of very unhappy people in here.

So if mods are actually looking, (probably cringing)  I will leave you with a positive suggestion before I go do other things and not even look at bigfarm for awhile.

how about starting the lab at the same production level we HAD it.   All the other stuff would then be new and exciting.   But if we were able to make special duck feed before, it's not an UP grade to remove that and require multiple upgrades to get it back.    No, not an upgrade at all.   More like greed.  Hoping people will spend gold (money out of pocket for real) to fast forward something.   That's no upgrade, that is punishment.  I'd sooner bulldoze the thing.  I played this game before there even was special feed so it will be like in the beginning to me.

So... Either grandfather in the production ability we had with the option of advancing it
    OR at least put back it's ability to produce up to what ever level it was producing before and freeze it there, give us the choice of either leaving it alone, not upgradable, or upgrading it and accepting the changes.  OUR choice ya know?

Repeating myself (since the game developers here seem thick sometimes) 
    We can still use it as we have, only it will be able to do so much more.
    I promise you would get a huge cheering section over this instead of the grumbling your getting now.

Meanwhile.... I need to step away from this mess.   It's just not fun anymore.
    Should probably tell my team I'm taking a vacation or something.  
    And who knows, sometimes a company might realize it made a huge mistake and reverse a bad decision.
    Or not, no matter.   I play free and this is just one more reason why I will NEVER pay for this.   Bad business decision there.  whatever.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Yes, we are looking at players' posts and are taking notes so we can forward the Moods, the suggestions/requests to the Team. But we ask for patience as communications up and down the chain do take some time.   :)<3
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    I like the the jam factory i think that is a good addition best one for ages but i hate the fact that i can no longer make my feed my lab is at level 13 and it took ages to get it to that, i think they should have kept it so those who had already got to the level where they could make all the premium feeds should still have been able to do so.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    I could be wrong, I hope not, I sent my boat out this morning & for the 1st time since the update it didn't need any Jam products, has GGS given us a honeymoon period until we get a chance to do a few upgrades, level 3 to 4 was 8 hours, the next few will be a lot longer.
    It would be a sign of good faith on their part 
    edited 30.01.2021
    I found a problem with the jam factory, if you have swift seeder subscription when lets say are doing apple jam and you have no apples left you cannot use swift seeder because it is wanting gold for the missing item. Looks like i shall have to cancel the subscription if they dont fix this. I guess this would be the same for every jam if you dont have resources it will take your gold, or prevent you from using the swift seeder so i am actually paying for something i cannot use.
  • RocketOz (AU1)RocketOz (AU1) AU1 Posts: 15
    I think because of the\is much of critical comments, GGS will make the Farm Lab as it was earlier.
    I dont think they are that smart
  • I do NOT like the change in the laboratory.  It is not fair to those who have paid many, many dollars to be able to manufacture items, like the premium feeds or fertilizers, and NOW have to re-pay to get the lab level high enough to be able to make those items, AND TO HAVE TO RE-PAY MORE MONEY!!  This is not fair!!
    I am not sure what the function of the nursery woud be, if we can make the specials seeds in the lab.  What about all the money I spent to upgrade my nursery's also?  I think it was a bad move to change te laboratory.  If you wont change it back, then, AT BEST, you could LOWER the cost to upgrade the levels!!  thank you. 
    I do NOT like the change in the laboratory.  It is not fair to those who have paid many, many dollars to be able to manufacture items, like the premium feeds or fertilizers, and NOW have to re-pay to get the lab level high enough to be able to make those items, AND TO HAVE TO RE-PAY MORE MONEY!!  This is not fair!!
    I am not sure what the function of the nursery woud be, if we can make the specials seeds in the lab.  What about all the money I spent to upgrade my nursery's also?  I think it was a bad move to change te laboratory.  If you wont change it back, then, AT BEST, you could LOWER the cost to upgrade the levels!!  thank you. 
    I have 3 labs got them all up to be able to make prem feed for cows, ducks, etc used then every day, now i have 3 labs not in use as i have to upgrade again to get back to where i was, i dont know how this company gets away with doing half of what it does, it is so unfair especially the amount of money it as cost to upgrade them up to level 13 and the hours played to earn that money.
  • I don't complain about the game - I don't even post in the forum as a rule......  but I honestly can't begin to say I understand WHY this change to the original farm lab.... levels 1 - 6 and level 7 (part 1) are totally redundant as the greenhouses on each farm take care of these seeds.  While it may take longer in the greenhouse.... to start the labs with these seeds is nonsensical.    Not to mention having to use catalysts now to make anything in these labs - at least give players the option of using our hard-earned farm $$$ to produce these items????   The $$$ spent over time to upgrade the original farm labs with absolutely no compensation back to players for this NEW farm lab, is a cheap grab by the developers, in my humble opinion.   

I am not the least bit impressed by this current upgrade to the farm lab.... at all.

KEY WORD here is REDUNDANT!. Makes No sense.Please  change it back GGS. This is a mistake.-Cornycorn00 .
  • RocketOz (AU1)RocketOz (AU1) AU1 Posts: 15
    I thought being in Quarantine was going to be super easy after all I had BF to while away those hours, hell I even moved a time zone or two so could plug a late slot for my Co Op.
    But then GGS put out an update, first thing they did was put jam up to be loaded on the boat NOT the first level but yep the second level jam.
    Then they totally stuffed the labs, this really shows you dont really understand your players or how the game works from a players point of view(like maybe get a panel of players to review an update first, if you already do this fire the bunch you have), why put the ss being made fast as the lower level just why, it should have been second or third,
    Then you added another community building that you cant sparkle all inside so no help for missions(if you can let me know)
    So now I may come out of Quarantine with more money because I wont spend the gold I was going to while stuck in here.
    So thanks for making a hard situation even harder.
    Anyone find a game where the developers have a few brain cells let me know, I think I maybe done here.
    P.S. let us cash our gold out
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 30.01.2021
    I found a problem with the jam factory, if you have swift seeder subscription when lets say are doing apple jam and you have no apples left you cannot use swift seeder because it is wanting gold for the missing item. Looks like i shall have to cancel the subscription if they dont fix this. I guess this would be the same for every jam if you dont have resources it will take your gold, or prevent you from using the swift seeder so i am actually paying for something i cannot use.

This is just not the jam factory.  This happens even if I try to swift seed feed and don't have enough product.  tells me I have to use gold.  This is nothing new.
  • And while I am here and not repairing our boat.... the  Jam Factory should be built and producing BEFORE the Captain wants jams in the cargo! I work hard making sure the boat is totally filled.
    -CC
    edited 30.01.2021

This is just not the jam factory.  This happens even if I try to swift seed feed and don't have enough product.  tells me I have to use gold.  This is nothing new.
    Ahh i have not come across it with feed before, if it is normal then i will defo end the subscription as it is no good to me like that, luckily mine is due soon for renewal so shall sort it now thank you. I dont mind not having the swift seeder anymore as deleted 30 fields today as no longer doing events so can live without it :smile:
    I waited over 5 hours for this! The wait time is unbelievable. I may as well tear down some labs, tired of looking at them empty.

I waited over 5 hours for this! The wait time is unbelievable. I may as well tear down some labs, tired of looking at them empty.

I know you are upset, but I would wait before you tear them down.  Don't do something rash when you are mad.  Of course just my opinion.  I was thinking of demolishing my other 2, but I am going to wait and see what happens and how it works.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    edited 30.01.2021

I know you are upset, but I would wait before you tear them down.  Don't do something rash when you are mad.  Of course just my opinion.  I was thinking of demolishing my other 2, but I am going to wait and see what happens and how it works.
    Yup! In no time at all, the catalysts will be all used up.  Like you I will only get one opportunity to make a horribly low amount of duck feed then no more catalysts.  They ought to change the recipe amounts to be 1 catalyst + 1 regular duck feed = 10 Prem. Duck feed. But even then that would not be enough.  I have a ton of Viking ducks and big ducks in the Duck Community and these 10 tiny bags of premium duck feed will not stretch that far.  My labs used to make about 250 duck feed each. I have 3 labs. But better yet, perhaps, things could be changed so that 1 bag of premium duck feed could feed a total of 10 duck coops, that might be reasonable. (I can only dream)

Now as far as the jam factory, well someone needs to tell Barnacle to stop asking for jam that is beyond the level of our jam factories.  Three times now, the boat has asked for jam that is impossible to give because my factory is only level one.  I takes 4 hrs+ just to level up and then to make the jam is another hour or so.  It will take days to get to the level that the boat is asking for.  It would seem that the system (the game mechanics) should be able to discern what level our factories are and then Barnacle could ask for the right type of jams that are available.  My opinion.  I have quite a bit of apple jam, but when the boat wants Blackberry jam...I am "sorry-outta-luck"!  This is not good.

This will work for everyone differently.  I don't make premium duck feed.  I basically just made premium chicken, pig, cow and fertilizer.      I never saw the value for me in making premium feeds for the gourmet farm.  I did notice that you can make way more premium chicken feed at one time with the lab.  Your frustration and reasoning is totally valid though, we all play our own way and everyone's farm is at a different stage and we all have different farm needs. 
  • Yes, we are looking at players' posts and are taking notes so we can forward the Moods, the suggestions/requests to the Team. But we ask for patience as communications up and down the chain do take some time.   :)<3
    You're correct, Chickadee Let's wait patiently :).
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    When is GGS going to fix there support page as every time you try and contact support it says sorry technical issue please try later ! also when are they going to fix the issue with buildings sticking through the fences this as been like it for over a year ? Do they know how to fix it ? and when will it be fixed ?

@uksharon (GB1)

Are you still facing the issue? if yes please let me know personally.

Those surveys are useless in my opinion as they don't listen !!
    And if you vent your frustrations out and say what is true about what they have done or doing in the forum then it just gets removed. So this makes the forum basically useless imo.
    Sorry, but what you have said is very untrue, we only removed things which were out of box, we removed some offensive posts, and posts in which players were fighting with each other and then some posts which called for a boycott, these all are not meant to be here. 

I can assure you that we didn't touch any post which conveyed your feedback in a manner adhering to the rules,
    If a player feels that his post was removed without a valid reason, then he/she is free to contact one of us, either me/chickadee or rosy and we are happy to explain why it was removed/deleted.

As @ChickadeeQuilter assured above we are reading each and every comment of yours, and we are sending in everything.

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny

Sign In to comment.