Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    NOT HAPPY.. I was able to make tokens in my FL before.. Not too many as catalysers were not easy to procure... Now I see a lot of the stuff to be made in the FL requires Catalysers.. Which, in my experience, aren't that common.. GGS have stuffed up this part of the game.. I notice now that it IS cheaper to upgrade but LOL how about making it a bit easier to get the Catalysers.. No way I will bother with this UNTIL they FIX IT UP...
  • Mloylo (US1)Mloylo (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    Farm lab upgrade terrible!!  
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    WHAT did you guys do to our farm lab????  I make food with those.  I have come to rely on that.  Darn expensive things to upgrade too. 
    NOW??? All I see in there are special seeds and stuff ONLY used on the boat to gain horse shoes.
    I stopped caring about the stupid boat long ago.  The temp farms are a real snooze to play, so I don't.  and if the boat gets filled fine.  If not so what?  The whole horse thing got dumb with the latest so called upgrade.  I train, I race, I get out.  None of the other crap is worth it. 

WHERE IS MY FEED?    And are you now phasing out the nursery?  I don't need TWO buildings making special seeds. 

Not at all happy with this blunder of a move.  Not one bit.
    WHY did this have to be messed with?   Why take something people USE and totally screw it up?

Argh!

And yet these forums are STILL BROKEN!   Instead of messing with a tool we use, how about fixing the BROKEN STUFF!
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    edited 29.01.2021
    Sorry, but everyone needs to wake up a little bit hereExxy (INT1) said:
    Sorry, but everyone needs to wake up a little bit here

Losing premium ressources is a very small loss of Dollars

Compared to the new Jam factories that have been added at the same time

You can even build them at level 40 , So , nearly everyone can/should make more dollars now :)

it cost me 442 dollars to start a chicken and 4400 to start a duck , with ordinary feed , its no where close to game-breaking, and yeah I use no-happiness set up as well

I'd be surprised if it cost more than 1M dollars your 3 fully developped farms for a whole day

While you can make 2.5M profit with in 22 minutes with Pineapple Jam

You still make 250K profit with Apple jam every 2 hours , and that's the very basic Jam , that everyone can do at level 1 of the building

Well are you wonderful. When we wake up we either have a cooperative challenge, a village fair, a HWE of some sort. All this is competition, tell me...are we going to have jam missions????

Making Jam may be important to you but seriously unless that dang jam is going to win me a mission, it's as good as TOE jam.
  • Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    Stupid stupid update. had nursery for stupid special seeds.
    my main farm lab is at level 12 and now you expect me to upgrade with 100's of millions to get back to where i can even use seaweed?? or make a premium feed of any kind?
    and where in the heck is fruit sugar supposed to materialize for the stupid stupid jam factory?
    i am getting so tired of the new crud they throw at us.
    ready to find a game that is entertaining instead of one that expects us to play with cheaters and unlimited pocket books. most of us are retired for pete's sake!
    Give me a break.
    THe Fruit Sugar comes from Harvesting orchards .. I totally agree with you some of the *new crud* is crap in the extreme...  Not Happy 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Yes, I did notice that the upcoming C Championship has rare catalyzers, BUT I would need to earn thousands per day...in order to keep my farm open.

I assume that GGS wants me to use only my fields after this weekend.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Barb66 (US1)Barb66 (US1) US1 Posts: 57
    again ... mystified. being asked to fill boat with jams that I can't make until i upgrade the jam factory to at least level 5. I won't be able to do that for days. These January "changes" sure are taking all the fun out of the game. Can't fill the boat so I miss out on XPs, horseshoes and farm dollars. I have been playing for almost five years. Maybe not for much longer
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Sorry, but everyone needs to wake up a little bit hereExxy (INT1) said:
    Sorry, but everyone needs to wake up a little bit here

Losing premium ressources is a very small loss of Dollars

Compared to the new Jam factories that have been added at the same time

You can even build them at level 40 , So , nearly everyone can/should make more dollars now :)

it cost me 442 dollars to start a chicken and 4400 to start a duck , with ordinary feed , its no where close to game-breaking, and yeah I use no-happiness set up as well

I'd be surprised if it cost more than 1M dollars your 3 fully developped farms for a whole day

While you can make 2.5M profit with in 22 minutes with Pineapple Jam

You still make 250K profit with Apple jam every 2 hours , and that's the very basic Jam , that everyone can do at level 1 of the building

Well are you wonderful. When we wake up we either have a cooperative challenge, a village fair, a HWE of some sort. All this is competition, tell me...are we going to have jam missions????

Making Jam may be important to you but seriously unless that dang jam is going to win me a mission, it's as good as TOE jam.
    Hahahaha! that is a good one: TOE jam!  Other than making it for the boat to give me horseshoes, I can see no other use for it other than to just sell it directly.  I don't bother with contracts as they are typically unrealistic, so I just sell most stuff directly. I will probably use the cash to upgrade the labs (at least one of them) and may consider demolishing the other two I have that have been rendered useless by the "New Years Update".  Grrrrrrrrrrrr! I guess you can tell I am so Not Happy! Not Happy! Not Happy!
    Between you and FarmerKar, I am in full agreement... definitely Not Happy here either!! :(
    Yes, I did notice that the upcoming C Championship has rare catalyzers, BUT I would need to earn thousands per day...in order to keep my farm open.

I assume that GGS wants me to use only my fields after this weekend.
    you just need to use reg feed and find the way to profit with Jam as Exxy has so well pointed out will help  you survive this debacle!
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 06.02.2021
    [CENSORED BY BM BUGS BUNNY]
    and just how long have you been playing this game Little Missy?
    Post edited by BugsBunny on
  • GunnyP (US1)GunnyP (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    very disappointed this this Lab junk,  You moved the bar.  You moved the finish line after the race started.  At least you could have made the item you could make at the upgrade the new level you ended up with.  Instead you if you were a level 6 you are a level 6 no mater you can do anything like what you could do before.  I don't care if it cost less to level up.  You broke the faith.  Changing the finish line is low, very low.  Expected better from you.  
    Can't believe how many of you folks whine like little babies. It's a game you either play it or you don't, quite a simple concept wouldn't you think?? I Don't understand all the whining, complaining and nit picking over a game that you choose to play, they didn't make you start playing it.....It's their game so let them run it they way they want to run it, and again, don't like it then go play something else. 
    How long have you been playing???

are you a golder or a play free player? I don't care which you are but it will explain your attitude... been told many times don't like it go somewhere else which applies to both golders and free players LOL
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    And still nothing from GGS? I would appreciate getting my lab back to where I could make what I could before this UG rather than having to spend more money to UG it more. The catalyzers only make it more difficult to make the blue feed we need. Please change this back also . And I do not want to use regular feed or demo my animals bc I can't feed them with blue feed. I do not want to have to demo my animals or orchards and add deco's back. No reason to even play anymore once my farm deteriorates because of this UG. 
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Actually I have been patiently gathering info from you all and will be soon giving report to the Team.  So I do value and encourage your opinions as long as they are kept tactful and respectful.  :)

• Barbara1 (AU1)Barbara1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 3
    edited 29.01.2021
    pls explain what you mean by CC line.  I cannot see how to get catalysts

• 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    edited 29.01.2021
    Actually I have been patiently gathering info from you all and will be soon giving report to the Team.  So I do value and encourage your opinions as long as they are kept tactful and respectful.  :)

Thank you Chickadee, I know you mods hear us, I just don't think GGS does, which is sad. But I do appreciate you,
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Barbara1 (AU1) said:

pls explain what you mean by CC line.  I cannot see how to get catalysts
    I think they will be rewards from many events such as the CC. I don't think it shows this for cooperatives in the gold league, but it shows that some are available from hard work rewards for the masters league.

There aren't really enough to make any practical use of them though.
  • As with most things, this update was a pretty good balance i think.

Obviously no-one can really fault the Donkey dwelling :)

In terms of completing the boat, while i understand that those horseshoes might be important i cannot really sympathize considering that a) i almost never complete/pay attention to the boat and b)  the jam factories could very conservatively produce at least 150M dollars every month.

And of course, give it a bit of time and you'll be able to complete the boat like you've always done while still being able to make some extra jam on the side to sell :)

And last but not least, the lab, AKA "The Big Debacle".

While i do side on the opinion that ggs should give a refund to players that had a developed lab before the update, whether that's by giving them back their money and restarting the lab lvl or refunding them the difference between current and previous lab upgrade prices for each lvl of your lab, i think that the lab change was great.

Of course, you need a higher lvl of the lab to produce premium, and producing items in the lab is greatly restricted because of the use of catalysts, but there are many great parts of the "lab update".

You can produce so many more things, you can get booster tokens without having to even have dairies, which means that under-lvl-150's can use booster tokens, you can produce Q3 (Quality 3) wildflower tokens which haven't been available previously.

You can produce all the new types of seaweed feed (rapid, compound and potent) as well as all types of new booster's.

And you can even produce balloon tokens (at lvl 98)!

Of course, there are a few issues, for people like me that assigned booster tokens to the premium lvl of orchards and will have to switch to using regular fert, it'll be a bit difficult as well as the breakage % won't be as good, but the update was only implemented yesterday, nothing's perfect!

Also, i'm pretty confident that if you (those who're complaining a lot) would spend half the time that you spend complaining trying to make your farm runnable with this new update instead, you'd be able to find at least a reasonable solution :)
  • chami (AU1)chami (AU1) AU1 Posts: 186
    Its shocking to see the drastic change on Labs. We now have 2 places to make special seeds but no place to make premium feed. I assume only very few players can upgrade upto that level and I have no intention of doing so... :) Thank you.
  • With a stoke of a pen, my lab is now almost useless unless I earn and spend billions of farm dollars to update.
  • chami (AU1)chami (AU1) AU1 Posts: 186

ninjahuman (AU1) ya, true, such a huge investment on labs, but at the end its useless, hope they will consider on refunding or at least giving a reasonable compensation.  
  • Rascal22 (US1)Rascal22 (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    I'm really  very upset. I wouldn't have even put in a laboratory if I knew they were going to do this. I'd only upgraded to level four, but it was quite nice to produce premium feed, as there were no barn limits on it. I'm thinking of quitting the game. I may stick around for a few weeks, to see if they reverse this very bad downgrade. 

• Rascal22 (US1)Rascal22 (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    I am so disgruntled with this new Laboratory changes! 
    As with most things, this update was a pretty good balance i think.

Obviously no-one can really fault the Donkey dwelling :)

In terms of completing the boat, while i understand that those horseshoes might be important i cannot really sympathize considering that a) i almost never complete/pay attention to the boat and b)  the jam factories could very conservatively produce at least 150M dollars every month.

And of course, give it a bit of time and you'll be able to complete the boat like you've always done while still being able to make some extra jam on the side to sell :)

And last but not least, the lab, AKA "The Big Debacle".

While i do side on the opinion that ggs should give a refund to players that had a developed lab before the update, whether that's by giving them back their money and restarting the lab lvl or refunding them the difference between current and previous lab upgrade prices for each lvl of your lab, i think that the lab change was great.

Of course, you need a higher lvl of the lab to produce premium, and producing items in the lab is greatly restricted because of the use of catalysts, but there are many great parts of the "lab update".

You can produce so many more things, you can get booster tokens without having to even have dairies, which means that under-lvl-150's can use booster tokens, you can produce Q3 (Quality 3) wildflower tokens which haven't been available previously.

You can produce all the new types of seaweed feed (rapid, compound and potent) as well as all types of new booster's.

And you can even produce balloon tokens (at lvl 98)!

Of course, there are a few issues, for people like me that assigned booster tokens to the premium lvl of orchards and will have to switch to using regular fert, it'll be a bit difficult as well as the breakage % won't be as good, but the update was only implemented yesterday, nothing's perfect!

Also, i'm pretty confident that if you (those who're complaining a lot) would spend half the time that you spend complaining trying to make your farm runnable with this new update instead, you'd be able to find at least a reasonable solution :)
    My farm will run no matter what... but I do not see any balance in this update.. sorry!

anyway who cares? it is done and we are all  stuck  with it and will deal with it as we deem fit to carry on! Bless you all who are just so happy with being nerfed by GGS yet again! I am happy you are happy!
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I may hold back on playing anything new until we have a reaction from GGS. There are still normal things to do on my farm.
  • AND they gave us no heads up - this has been in the works for a while - with some heads up we could accumulated enough feed till we figured out what we wanted to do.

This might be my last straw - other games out there

Please do tell what those games are! I'll follow wherever .. this is awful. so should we just destroy our nurseries? give us room for a jam factory? omg.
  • interesting to note.. the nursery in gourmet farm is same size as jam factory. making it tempting to demo the nursery since it's not been used in months. I get so much free special seed from wheel of fortunes and event playing, I don't even have to make any special seeds. I figure if i demolish the nursery it will be used to make something else and i'll have to make room for it again?
    and jam factory.. omg. why? and before anyone has a chance to build it, jam is requested on Harbor Boat? I have plenty of other products to donate so no hurry for me. Until the next update when it requests 3 kinds of jams most likely.
    and the LABORATORY? are you kidding me. I was at level 12 on mf and used it more than I did any other building there! running out of $ on the game and not buying gold again for awhile until I see what other changes are happening to us.
Sign In to comment.