Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Where Is The WOF for Island?

The WOF for island farms comes later and later each island. We are 2 weeks in for the current island and still no WOF. It use to come within days of the island starting and now it comes weeks later. Also, why do we not get the Decos and Land Sale on the islands anymore? We used to get it just after the islands started and was really a great offer. Now, we haven't had it for at least a year. Seems like it is just a gold grab for ggs, which is disappointing. Can a mod please explain why these 2 island components aren't being offered at all or much anymore?

Thanks

Comments

• I think the land sales have been on at least a couple of times, at the same time land is discounted on the other farms @wannago (INT1). I had the offer  and bought land.

The WOF is a different question, I remember seeing the question in the past as the wheel seems to come to this temp farm later and later every time. I am always wondering if it is a technical problem. Now would seem to be a great time to have the island wheel going because the only WOF going is the Xmas one which uses different tokens.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    The WOF for island farms comes later and later each island. We are 2 weeks in for the current island and still no WOF. It use to come within days of the island starting and now it comes weeks later. Also, why do we not get the Decos and Land Sale on the islands anymore? We used to get it just after the islands started and was really a great offer. Now, we haven't had it for at least a year. Seems like it is just a gold grab for ggs, which is disappointing. Can a mod please explain why these 2 island components aren't being offered at all or much anymore?

Thanks
    Hey hey!

there is actually no specific time when the WoF would appear, its all random and completely dynamic, there is no set percentage of appearance rate.

Kind Regards, 
    Bugs Bunny
  • wannago (INT1)wannago (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
    BugsBunny said:

Thanks
    Hey hey!

there is actually no specific time when the WoF would appear, its all random and completely dynamic, there is no set percentage of appearance rate.

Kind Regards, 
    Bugs Bunny

It has never, ever taken more than 2 weeks for the island WOF to get here. A lot of players rely on it for decos, so that needs to be taken into account. It should arrive within the first week... and ggs knows it.

Only 12 days left ion island and the island WOF still isn't here. Come on, Omar has constantly been there. Send the island WOF already!
  • Only 12 days left ion island and the island WOF still isn't here. Come on, Omar has constantly been there. Send the island WOF already!
    Yeah, it's pretty much tanked my whole winter farm game. This isn't a bad string of random luck. This is a problem in the game, and it needs to get some GG attention. If this is the new game protocol, just say so in order for us to adjust accordingly. Will this also be the case on the other temporary farms, where the WoF will be throttled or removed? This needs more attention than just checking the FAQ sheet response. This needs to get directed to GG for a real answer. Please reach out to them and see what is going on.
    Thank you.
    Only 12 days left ion island and the island WOF still isn't here. Come on, Omar has constantly been there. Send the island WOF already!
    Yeah, it's pretty much tanked my whole winter farm game. This isn't a bad string of random luck. This is a problem in the game, and it needs to get some GG attention. If this is the new game protocol, just say so in order for us to adjust accordingly. Will this also be the case on the other temporary farms, where the WoF will be throttled or removed? This needs more attention than just checking the FAQ sheet response. This needs to get directed to GG for a real answer. Please reach out to them and see what is going on.
    Thank you.
    I agree Jamie, this isn't random. It is done on purpose to force us to buy decos with gold. Just like the reg island houses gave 10 workers when you bought them, they only give 8 workers now and that has been months now that they have done that. It's the sneaky rebalancing and hoping we don't notice that I find really annoying. 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Excluding this year, the WOF used to arrive within a very short amount of time from the start of the event (usually within 48 hours). Now there has obviously been some change because if it was random, we shouldn't have been seeing the WOF arrive near the end of the event and appearing at least five times compared to only appearing once or twice now.

On that note however, it's somewhat useless to spin the WOF for decorations as it costs a lot of tokens and you need a reasonable amount of decorations to be able to add another building on the viking farm. It's better to just use the tokens, spin them for gold on the regular WOF and use that gold to help set up your viking farm instead of using them to get some decorations which don't give much of a benefit to your farm.

I agree Jamie, this isn't random. It is done on purpose to force us to buy decos with gold. Just like the reg island houses gave 10 workers when you bought them, they only give 8 workers now and that has been months now that they have done that. It's the sneaky rebalancing and hoping we don't notice that I find really annoying. 
    I don't think that is correct. From what I recall, the first upgrade always gave 8 workers and each additional upgrade gives 4 extra workers to reach 20 workers at level 4.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    The frustration of the WoF not appearing at a useful time has been forcefully fed back, several times

Fingers crossed things go well next time

• Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    edited 09.12.2020
    It seems this is what GGS thinks random can mean: 
    int get_random_number() {
        // I throw a dice, it was 2
        return 2;
    }

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    It seems this is what GGS thinks random can mean: 
    int get_random_number() {
        // I throw a dice, it was 2
        return 2;
    }

No not random.  Like Rosy said, this issue with the Winter Farm WOF has been reported. Patience is a virtue. When we get an answer we will definitely let you know.  :)
  • Event's almost over now, only 9 days left. And Omar is back yet again, for what I think is the 4th time.
    Yet no WoF. Still.
    Something is wrong, that isn't random. It's a change in the game. They've been notified about it for weeks and done nada. Not even clue in the mods so they can try and get answers to the players and leaders.

Thank you mods for your efforts to choke freakin' answers outta GG. 

GG...you kinda sorta suck right now. Shame on you for putting the mods in this thankless position of trying to explain your failures. And shame on you for screwing over the leaders and players. Yeah...right now you kinda sorta really suck eggs.
    I agree Jamie. Just 9 days left and we haven't had the island WOF at all. GGS, stop being cheap!
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    I agree Jamie. Just 9 days left and we haven't had the island WOF at all. GGS, stop being cheap!
    We've already passed on the feedback, and we understand the issue, lets hope for the best ^^

• DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    WOF is here. 4 days left.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Yes that is good news!  :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file