Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse Season Day of the Dead Cup [Discussion]

RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
You can discuss the new Horse Season Day of the Dead Cup  here

Comments

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 20.10.2020
    Why bother even trying to do the Horse Races ? , since I can not even get out of the Bronze section any more , therefore I will never be able to get any new chars , Decorations ect, the races are just not worth it for Me any longer since I won't be able to get Gold from it anymore, :( , & I refuse to buy gold as well for this game, so that won't happen either.
  • BillJohn (US1)BillJohn (US1) US1 Posts: 78
    I'm a member of a coop where many have expressed much the same feelings.  After much effort and explanation for over at least 2 years now we had at least 16 members of the coop make diamond this last session.  Now that was not accomplished overnight, but slowly building up a horse that can compete at that level.  This takes a very long time depending on how active you are.  Much of the building up of the horses took place before the trees, production buildings, etc added to the game.  

I'll key you in on a few basics.  First use the horse ranch to get a horse with breeding level of around 100 to 110 (more is always better!).  Focus on the basic attributes of Strength, Agility, Endurance.  When you breed on the horse ranch, pick one of the 3 types of racing and pick the breeding attribute that relates to that type of race.  Continue doing this on all subsequent breedings to the 100 to 110 level. This level of horse should start to win a few races.  And as it advances to breeding level 200 will win more races.  

At this point, the horse can be moved over to the cooperative horse meadow for further training.  There are many different training routines that are effective.  Use 3 different training routines that take 4, 5, or 6 trainings to fully charge the love meter.  Pay attention to what the arrows on love meter point to when fully charged as each of the 4, 5, or 6 trainings will end up pointing to a different set of the 3 attributes and effects on the wheel.

Before doing a breeding on the cooperative horse meadow make sure the genes total 100 (100% chance of successful breeding) or more before breeding the horse.  Remember the game gives you 3 horses to select from to breed with, so make sure you look at all 3 choices.  If none 100+, then buy some more choices with $.  If all choices under 100, just continue the same training routine as many times as it takes to get 100+ genes. 

Ok, you got the 100+ genes.  If you look at what the 3 arrows point to on the love meter when fully charged you will see the same effect and 2 attributes on the left side of the screen with number of genes for the default or selected horse chosen to breed with.  VERY IMPORTANT.  At this point you can re-allocate the total genes available between the 2 attributes and 1 effect.  Pick one of these 3 (your choice) for what you want to add to your horse and make sure you re-allocate 100 genes to it.  Allocate rest of genes to the other two.  Then breed.  You will always get the one with 100 genes and may be successful getting your 2 and 3 choices.

Tip. I recommend that you first build each of the 3 "training" attributes to exactly a +3 and stop and never add anymore. Then get everyone in your coop with horses in the meadow to do the same thing.  If enough members do this, odds improve greatly of getting 100+ genes as the arrows on love meter will point to one of the "training" attributes every time.  Once you and others have +3's for the training attributes, it makes it much easier on all with horses in the meadow to pair with another horse for 100+ genes on a single charge of the love meter.

After a successful meadow breeding. your horse (really its offspring) instantly goes back to the horse ranch and can be found in the stable.  Immediately return your horse to the cooperative horse meadow and repeat this process many, many times.  

Dog gone it.  Hit the wrong key and deleted rest of post!  So for now, this is all I'll post.  

Happy Horse Racing,
    Bill

• DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    The real problem is when no one in a small coop understands any of it enough to WANT to put horses in the meadow.  I might be the only 1 actually breeding horses at all in my small coop.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    The real problem is when no one in a small coop understands any of it enough to WANT to put horses in the meadow.  I might be the only 1 actually breeding horses at all in my small coop.
    The Meadow is very much a team event, just like the Jetty or the CC. Everybody can keep a horse there, they don't have to do anything with it, it returns to the Stable after 7 days and they put it back on the Meadow. Without this the percentage at the top of the Meadow display will be very low and thus so will the chance of successful breeding.
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    I'm with @DebRN (US1); I have a small coop with mostly 15 farmers who may or may not be talking. - most often not. To get this group to talk amongst each other is in the realm of miracles; a few talking is a major accomplishment; to have a few farmers even playing is a major accomplishment. Therefore, to have anyone playing the horses is seriously interesting.  I play horses - even train, but not in the meadows - out of sheer boredom & for something else to do when there is nothing to do.  So really thanks for explaining in much clearer terms what horse ranch is about and can be @BillJohn (US1); I really appreciate the thought and effort you took; it is definitely the best answer I've ever seen about HorseRanch...thanks
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    I used the tutorial found on Crazy Big Farm and from this I created a checklist (Excel based) to help players train the best horse possible. The check list and tutorial can be found here: https://crazybigfarm.net/farm/ranch/horse_training_checklist.htm Below is my current best horse with the 2nd one one in training. Combined with items from the workshop I seldom lose any jumping competition. Breeding takes time but is well worth the effort.

Thanks for the advice & that is all good if other's have the time to do all that work in this game, but I do not, so I will have to pass on it just the same, cause I just do not have that kind of time to put into this game, I liked it better when I could do My own thing and still make gold I needed, not be forced into a lot of work on a horse that may or may not win. nope. :(
  • Thanks for the advice & that is all good if other's have the time to do all that work in this game, but I do not, so I will have to pass on it just the same, cause I just do not have that kind of time to put into this game, I liked it better when I could do My own thing and still make gold I needed, not be forced into a lot of work on a horse that may or may not win. nope. :(
    I was ready to give up as well, BlueDenim, but this last season I made Diamond with just the little more effort to go from Platinum to Diamond. It was MUCH easier than what we had to deal with after the fiasco last spring on the redesign. It felt like the old horse racing seasons did to me, and I went farther than I ever had before. Didn't even use equipment all that much until I hit the Platinum and Diamond levels. Before the redesign, I'd almost always get to Gold and every so often to Platinum. I have an average quality horse at level 115. I've never used the coop horse meadow to add further training. And I only went to race when I would sign on to harvest everywhere else.
    Maybe give it a try this time for the first couple days. You'd at least get any bonuses involved in bronze. It costs nothing but a few minutes of time. And I hit silver already this morning after only 1 day, no equipment, just picking a competitor and racing.
    It's much closer to the old seasons now that they switched that aspect back to normal.
    Happy Racing! 
    JF

Thanks for the advice & that is all good if other's have the time to do all that work in this game, but I do not, so I will have to pass on it just the same, cause I just do not have that kind of time to put into this game, I liked it better when I could do My own thing and still make gold I needed, not be forced into a lot of work on a horse that may or may not win. nope. :(
    I was ready to give up as well, BlueDenim, but this last season I made Diamond with just the little more effort to go from Platinum to Diamond. It was MUCH easier than what we had to deal with after the fiasco last spring on the redesign. It felt like the old horse racing seasons did to me, and I went farther than I ever had before. Didn't even use equipment all that much until I hit the Platinum and Diamond levels. Before the redesign, I'd almost always get to Gold and every so often to Platinum. I have an average quality horse at level 115. I've never used the coop horse meadow to add further training. And I only went to race when I would sign on to harvest everywhere else.
    Maybe give it a try this time for the first couple days. You'd at least get any bonuses involved in bronze. It costs nothing but a few minutes of time. And I hit silver already this morning after only 1 day, no equipment, just picking a competitor and racing.
    It's much closer to the old seasons now that they switched that aspect back to normal.
    Happy Racing! 
    JF

You don't even use the stuff? , I've been using it from the beginning and still can not get out of bronze section, but My horse is low in level as well, been working on another horse to be able to breed with first one so level can go higher, but like I said before i do not have a lot of time to spend in My game anymore, but I keep trying anyway, I hope someday I can make it back to gold section at least, thanks for advice, :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file