Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

15 second commercial

Comments

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 24.09.2020
    I understand this advert situation is not ideal for most people but I have found a way to cut down the amount of time you spend on the advert to around five seconds or less.

If you click on the advert after it loads, it will take you to the advertiser's website and it will close the advert on Big Farm. After that you can close the tab of the advertiser (even using a keyboard shortcut like Ctrl+W if you want to do it faster) and you can continue like normal in Big Farm.

The biggest thing slowing us down here is the time it takes to load the advert before you can click on it, but once you click on the link you don't have to wait for the advert to load. You can just close the tab immediately and the advert will disappear on Big Farm.

Here is an example but in this situation I didn't close the tab, I just used Ctrl+Shift+Tab to switch back to Big Farm while in full screen mode. You can do it way faster than what I did though, I was just filming this and I only discovered how it works after trying it then.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    So if these ads end up breaking my computer does that mean GGS is liable to cover all costs? We have ad blocker programs for a reason you know. 

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    I will bring that concern to the Team. 
  • Midkemia (US1)Midkemia (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    You are listening so well to us that the solution you found to our complaints is now to add those ads to Tessa Dream World.....I am not even immune from those in my dreams.  This is a joke 

And I refuse to click on any of those ads because of viruses and malwares that might be on those unknown sites and that could affect my computer.  I doubt GGS would pay for repars :)
    Will you post a screenshot of the Dream World ad?  Can you access the link of that ad (either by clicking on the "play" button and or the little game pics on that ad)?
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    I understand this advert situation is not ideal for most people but I have found a way to cut down the amount of time you spend on the advert to around five seconds or less.

If you click on the advert after it loads, it will take you to the advertiser's website and it will close the advert on Big Farm. After that you can close the tab of the advertiser (even using a keyboard shortcut like Ctrl+W if you want to do it faster) and you can continue like normal in Big Farm.

The biggest thing slowing us down here is the time it takes to load the advert before you can click on it, but once you click on the link you don't have to wait for the advert to load. You can just close the tab immediately and the advert will disappear on Big Farm.

Here is an example but in this situation I didn't close the tab, I just used Ctrl+Shift+Tab to switch back to Big Farm while in full screen mode. You can do it way faster than what I did though, I was just filming this and I only discovered how it works after trying it then.

@ninjahuman (AU1)  Your idea is 100% correct but the problem is that by clicking on the advert it registers as a "hit" to the advertiser and then BFG earns money from that hit. These adverts are nothing but simple extortion and one can see the anger and disgust from the players on this forum. BFG have shot themselves in their foot as the backlash is fast turning into a flood of people that are no longer spending real money.
  • Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,558
    edited 24.09.2020
    Will you post a screenshot of the Dream World ad?  Can you access the link of that ad (either by clicking on the "play" button and or the little game pics on that ad)?
    I used to try ninja's method way back, but Kaspersky antivirus kept sending a warning notification most of the time . I feel only some sites are safe. 
    Post edited by Jesse123 (INT1) on
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    edited 24.09.2020
    I used to try ninja's method way back, but Kaspersky antivirus kept sending a warning notification most of the time I open these sites. I feel only some sites are safe. 
    Thank you for the information, I'll notify the team about this.

If anyone of you is having screenshots of the antivirus showing one of the ads as risky/malware then please share the screenshot with me privately.

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 24.09.2020
    Not only are ads unsafe but they also collect data, you have no idea what data is being collected from them. These ads are third party. First time i get one of these pop on my screen i will be telling ggs what they can do with their game !
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 24.09.2020
    With regard to these adverts we have been forwarding ALL information on

Especially your security concerns.
    We can confirm ads don't steal your data.
    Only gaming ads should be shown.

We have investigated and the adverts should only appear on farms started this year

The Dream World is a new farm every time, so that will get ads

However  many of you getting these ads that are on well established older farms.

We have taken this up very firmly 

One of us will report back as soon as we know any more
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Seriously what is wrong with this company?  Are they trying to drive their customers away? They never cease to amaze me with their lack of customer savvy.
  • Midkemia (US1)Midkemia (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    edited 24.09.2020

Only gaming ads should be shown.

Unfortunately, this is not true.  ln addition to the gaming ads, I was getting all kinds of videos, for example, milk beverage, fashion, stores , etc.... even some ads in French language.  How could we trust that we are secure when it seems you are not even sure of what you are running.  

edited 24.09.2020
    My game keeps freezing up when i refresh and say's it is waiting for pubads.g.doubleclick.net this is coming from this game nowhere else. these are hidden links in the game.

i have just googled this link
    doubleclick.net is a legitimate advertising service provided by Google, however, some cyber criminals use the pubads.g.doubleclick.net site to force users to visit various other adware-type websites.

Post edited by Twiglet (GB1) on
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    edited 24.09.2020
    My farm was started several years ago and I was getting ads until I got an ad blocker. There are more ads blocked on the forum 
    edited 24.09.2020

That is what is being tracked on this forum.

And this is in the game.

It most probably differs from person to person but WTF has VanilliCON got to do with this game? (EDIT: Learnt some from @uksharon (GB1) )

Post edited by Fallen (INT1) on

That is what is being tracked on this forum.

And this is in the game.

It most probably differs from person to person but WTF has VanilliCON got to do with this game?

VanilliCON is the icons used for the forum
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 24.09.2020
    All I am going to say bout all this is> What a mess !! :( , and also I have been playing this game for years, so I should not be getting the lousy Ad's either.
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294

The Dream World is a new farm every time, so that will get ads

Does this also apply to the temp farms ?? 
    I frankly don't know.

I will investigate and get back to you as soon as I can.
    Back sooner than I expected :)

It does not apply to Temporary farms as it is part of your main account

The Dream World creates a new account every time which is why it can be international
    @uksharon (GB1) Thank you, I learnt something today and will edit my post accordingly. Much appreciated.
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    Seriously what is wrong with this company?  Are they trying to drive their customers away? They never cease to amaze me with their lack of customer savvy.
    Greed (or avarice) is an uncontrolled longing for increase in the acquisition or use: of material gain (be it foodmoney, land, or animate/inanimate possessions); or social value, such as status, or power. Greed has been identified as undesirable throughout known human history because it creates behavior-conflict between personal and social goals.

source ; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greed
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 24.09.2020
    Well , @didah (SKN1)

We all can be associated with a main Sin! :)

While for some, it is greed

For some others  it is hate(Wrath)

Its all different 

No entity is perfect :D
  • catlynn6 (US1)catlynn6 (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    The only constructive suggestion that is common among all members is that "the ads HAVE to go".  I really hope you (GGS) realize how you have ruined the game for the majority of members. What about all the young members that will need to "borrow" mom or dad's credit card to buy gold.  That will make a lot of parents REAL happy.  With the world in the state that it is in I thought compassion is what we need most.
    We are compiling a long list to present to the Team.  The list from the EN Forum and the other forums will be submitted together.  We mods are doing our best to bring happiness to all of you.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    No one is mad at the mods. we know you are all player/volunteers.
    -
    These ads might be all right for powerful computers, but those owners are most likely playing memory-intensive games. Big Farm as it was, was locking me up at least once a day... now I need to restart my computer every hour or so.
    Beginning to wonder if it's worth it.

• Greed (or avarice) is an uncontrolled longing for increase in the acquisition or use: of material gain (be it foodmoney, land, or animate/inanimate possessions); or social value, such as status, or power. Greed has been identified as undesirable throughout known human history because it creates behavior-conflict between personal and social goals.

@didah (SKN1)

Whose 'greed' are you discussing here? Is it the greed of GGS and their parent company or the greed of some of us users who continually expect to have something for nothing?
  • danko (AU1)danko (AU1) AU1 Posts: 20
    Imagine this, (well I don't even have to imagine this but consider this)

Last 30 seconds, the boards are getting intense. You start to see gold play a big part in the top placing, you're racing so hungrily for that top spot, and then with 10 very vital seconds left, you get a pop-up ad. I'd break my monitor and honestly scream in anger as for how close I got, and GGS's greed had stopped me. (For you AU members, I mean 'danielk'). 

Also does the 5$ subscription pack count as a gold purchase? and if not, GGS, You know what to do!. Especially through Covid Strive, it is difficult to fork out some extra cash for a virtual game, and that including the 5$ pack with gold purchases will definitely help!.

Also don't break your monitors, that was a joke, and No, I did not do that LOL.
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    @Patti Jonessa (INT1)
    If you had read the whole post I replied (not discussed) to, you would have known.
    I feel you disagree with my point of view - that's fair, but what do you think is the reason if not greed? (The mods are bringing our thoughts to the right table - so give yours?)

didah (SKN1) said:
    Greed (or avarice) is an uncontrolled longing for increase in the acquisition or use: of material gain (be it foodmoney, land, or animate/inanimate possessions); or social value, such as status, or power. Greed has been identified as undesirable throughout known human history because it creates behavior-conflict between personal and social goals.

I never expect to get anything for nothing, but I do expect to get what I buy and pay for, and I don't like when the game rules changes radically over night, while I'm bombarded with one event after another, that just doesn't work for me  :smiley:

• GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 29.09.2020
    "Only gaming ads should be shown." ?
    I have Toyota, jewelry, something about preparing for the future, a couple of different game sites, (edited to add a corn commercial)... but at least the political ads have stopped for the moment.
    Horse shampoo, that's a new one.
    Post edited by GrammaLeah (US1) on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file