Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

What about the useless boats in the inventory?

I think I remember someone, at some point in the past, said that the boats in our inventorys would be part of what Gretha could turn into spareparts so we could make some use of them I currently have maybe 20 boats there and they are useless. They are prices though, but in fact the only  thing I can do is to put them in the bin. What is going to happen ??? 

Comments

• mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    I think I remember someone, at some point in the past, said that the boats in our inventorys would be part of what Gretha could turn into spareparts so we could make some use of them I currently have maybe 20 boats there and they are useless. They are prices though, but in fact the only  thing I can do is to put them in the bin. What is going to happen ??? 
    Sorry, I just countet it and there are 41 boats 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    They never been considered for spare parts from Greta as far as I'm aware.  They ARE supposed to be redeemable for spins on Santa's Wheel during the Christmas event, but it's never worked. Many people are crossing their fingers that it'll work this year.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    @mutterkjær (SKN1)   Have a bunch of useless boats myself. They're given to us as a "reward", but if you have a fully upgraded fleet of Trawlers like I do, they are indeed useless. When they do the rework of the deep-sea fishing, I hope this changes.  ;)

• BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    I plan to leave an open spot when i get that far, so i can demolish extra boats for the money.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 08.11.2019
    the money you lose from only running 13 ships over 14 will never be covered by destroying the excess boats.  You are far better off just forgetting about them.  1 boat in a couple of days makes far more than the amount you get for building and destroying
    edited 08.11.2019
    I'm a long way off from having to worry about that and if i have to revise my plan it won't be the first time. :)
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I leave 1 boat at level 1 and then just demolish them for cash as I earn them.  My boats are rarely all out as the pools don't have enough fish in them, so I'm not losing anything by having that 1 boat at level 1. I demolish the skipjack first and end w/ a trawler than then replaces the level 1 I demolished in the first place.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    the money you lose from only running 13 ships over 14 will never be covered by destroying the excess boats.  You are far better off just forgetting about them.  1 boat in a couple of days makes far more than the amount you get for building and destroying
    Exactly. Far more money to be earned if you use your last slot for fishing.
  • dsaa (GB1)dsaa (GB1) GB1 Posts: 10
    I have so many useless boats

I leave 1 boat at level 1 and then just demolish them for cash as I earn them.  My boats are rarely all out as the pools don't have enough fish in them, so I'm not losing anything by having that 1 boat at level 1. I demolish the skipjack first and end w/ a trawler than then replaces the level 1 I demolished in the first place.
    That sounds like a good way to do it.
  • Anmarie (HU1)Anmarie (HU1) HU1 Posts: 55

Send them to me :)
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    @farmerjohn 22 (US1) Christmas is coming & I love presents.  If only you could send me a couple of trawlers for me to put under my Christmas tree.  What a lovely surprise on Christmas morning.  :)

I will just have to continue to fish & upgrade so I can eventually have trawlers.  Patience is a virtue.  :)

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well.... usually I just delete them.
    BUT....  two of my three farms... I left one trawler at level one.  Usually I send that one on a lobster pool since I have tons of lobsters and don't really care how many it catches.
    Then... if I have time, (these darn things take way too long to demolish or build.) 
    Bulldozing a trawler is worth about a million bucks.  Then replace it with a free one.

Anything other than trawlers I do just delete.  Mainly because of the time involved.  Time better spent upgrading something else.
  • sdstc (TR1)sdstc (TR1) TR1 Posts: 214

build and destroy and earn million dollars
  • charlies (US1)charlies (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    I have 45 boats in my inventory and scene I have 14 Trawler the lowest deign  level 4 and that is the most I can have. I have no where to put the ones in my inventory and scene I earned them I do not think I should have to throw them away. There needs to be a way to sell them
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    @charlies (US1) There are the odd annual events where you can use your surplus and useless items to spin wheels to win prizes. Keep them for that rather than deleting them. Or you could build them and delete them for the XP and cash.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Well GGS did say that they would let us donate boats on the Christmas wheel, but unfortunately the boats weren't usable for me last time in the Christmas wheel. 
    So, there is nothing new here - maybe one of the new Mods, can find out what is going to happen with this.
  • Maybe ! :)

We can try

Btw , you could donate boats for workshop last year , but, it was saving donation levels after each reset , so you did'nt have to give that much 

We'll give it a look to see, if we can catch anything :D
  • Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99
    Strange .....because I  could exchange all my unused boats last year for decorations at Santa's Workshop.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I got rid of all the boats on the Santa's Wheel (Workshop?) last year.
    It didn't take them IIRC for the first week, then they fixed it.
    Got some great decorations for them.

Must have missed that :-)
    But it does not change the thing, that we are still earning useless boats and fishing gear - let us be able to do something with it.
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240

Must have missed that :-)
    But it does not change the thing, that we are still earning useless boats and fishing gear - let us be able to do something with it.
    True with that. Deco,s are not very interestimg when you have reached a certain level. And the most with a high level are not using deco,s or very few on the MF and Gf. Maybe good idea to swap them for DIAMONDS?? o:)o:)o:)
  • KoStone (US1)KoStone (US1) US1 Posts: 131
    How do you even store boats?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    How do you even store boats?
    Take a few minutes to check this site out
     https://crazybigfarm.net/index.html
     it covers almost every thing to do with big farm

To save ur ships, first u must be able to have the DSF open & u have ur dockyard building open so u can built the ships. Once u r able to start playing the Fishing Hard Worker (FHW) u can earn ships which will go into ur drop box/storage in ur DSF area.
     https://crazybigfarm.net/farm/dockyard/dockyard.htm

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file