Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Pranking during missions – a legitimate strategy

2»

Comments

• monks (US1)monks (US1) US1 Posts: 594
    I retracked my comment because we don't need this silly arguing with all that is going on right now. You're welcome to message me if you want to say anything else.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Thanks. I can't stand to guilt trip manipulation that is going on over this; they make you feel like you've killed someone.
    your the one who posted it to get approval...had you said you sent pranks not to harm people that is one thing. you are doing it to hurt people and gain something. That makes you not such a nice person.  Next time think of a way to win a mission without pranking people. you obviously didn't do it out of the kindness of your heart. And as the cliche goes its better to be kind than right. just because the game allows you do to something, should you do it?  there are countries that allow people to toss those of certain beliefs off buildings, is it right? (though an extreme analogy this type of behavor is ludicous). But still you get the idea. prank for fun but don't do it during CC and people wont think your a meanie. 
    They only feel "hurt" because they are immature. THEY are the ones that want to win by any means and don't like it when they are pulled down a peg. Am I physically hurting someone?

I DO win missions without pranking people, and also lose them without it bothering me. I also don't actually play missions very much because they are boring and take up too much time. However, sometimes I am in the mood to help the coop and get those rewards, also certificates to build up the machines but not obsessively, no. When I do play, I try to do the best I can. In case you didn't read what I said earlier, I have only pranked doing missions about 3 times in the last 2 years, so it is very seldom.

This post was prompted by the over-the-top immaturity of the recipient of my pranks. He STILL BEAT ME in the mission but I got ranting messages and then he ignored me so I couldn't give a proper reply. I found out later (I have a way of finding out things) that this reaction was prompted by his MOTHER so maybe now you see what I was dealing with here. If I had known that in the first place, I would not have started this post.

MODERATOR, PLEASE DELETE THIS WHOLE THREAD. I AM DONE WITH THIS.

• GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Well now you know the feelings of many on the game. 
    So, wasn't this a good learning experience for you?
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    The real question:  WHY are you all so obsessed w/ winning a silly online game?  Sounds a little obsessive to me.  I'll bet this isn't the only place in your life where you just can't stand to see someone ahead of you.
    You have a fully built farm, seems a little silly to me you judge others on how they play when you yourself spend quite a bit of time perfecting your farms.  What is silly to you may not be silly to others. We all have the right to build our farms the way we want.  Bar harrassing others during events.  
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    The game developers wisely got RID of naughty or nice for lack of interest.

I personally find pranking anyone a rather low ball way of gaining advantage.   It almost always causes anything from discouragement to outright anger.   Or all out retaliation one coop to another.  This game is suppose to be fun.  War is never fun.  Is it worth it to slow someone else down?   I'd say no.   Just play your own game without trying to hurt anyone else.   It was a stupid thing to add to the game and thankfully they finally saw it and got rid of it.

SO.... are pranks still being handed out?  WHERE?  Or are these just left overs from players who never used what they had?

BTW.  When I'm doing missions I rarely even look at who I might be up against.  I harvest some and shelve, repeat.
    IF I happen to notice I'm close to who ever is ahead of me AND they already shelved, then I might push something to get ahead.   Not a prank though.  And the few times someone hit me, I just harvested what ever I had and moved on.   I figure I wasted their time so we are even.

• george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    Thanks. I can't stand to guilt trip manipulation that is going on over this; they make you feel like you've killed someone.
    your the one who posted it to get approval...had you said you sent pranks not to harm people that is one thing. you are doing it to hurt people and gain something. That makes you not such a nice person.  Next time think of a way to win a mission without pranking people. you obviously didn't do it out of the kindness of your heart. And as the cliche goes its better to be kind than right. just because the game allows you do to something, should you do it?  there are countries that allow people to toss those of certain beliefs off buildings, is it right? (though an extreme analogy this type of behavor is ludicous). But still you get the idea. prank for fun but don't do it during CC and people wont think your a meanie. 
    They only feel "hurt" because they are immature. THEY are the ones that want to win by any means and don't like it when they are pulled down a peg. Am I physically hurting someone?

I DO win missions without pranking people, and also lose them without it bothering me. I also don't actually play missions very much because they are boring and take up too much time. However, sometimes I am in the mood to help the coop and get those rewards, also certificates to build up the machines but not obsessively, no. When I do play, I try to do the best I can. In case you didn't read what I said earlier, I have only pranked doing missions about 3 times in the last 2 years, so it is very seldom.

This post was prompted by the over-the-top immaturity of the recipient of my pranks. He STILL BEAT ME in the mission but I got ranting messages and then he ignored me so I couldn't give a proper reply. I found out later (I have a way of finding out things) that this reaction was prompted by his MOTHER so maybe now you see what I was dealing with here. If I had known that in the first place, I would not have started this post.

MODERATOR, PLEASE DELETE THIS WHOLE THREAD. I AM DONE WITH THIS.

Sorry mate but you opened a can of worms, personally I view the use of pranks in a CC mission as a real "dog act" (not very nice thing to do), although not against the rules.
    Is the small gain worth the pain it can cause, I've seen pranking develop  into an all out Co-Op war.
    When you use pranks, expect abusive messages, remember the pranker started it.
    I've still got all my pranks as I've never used them.
    It's really not worth the trouble they cause
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I agree that pranking is a dog act! Furthermore claiming that hoarding seaweed then using it in a mission is the same thing is ridiculous. Players earned that seaweed and similarly to gold they can choose to use it whenever they feel like it. The fact you are in forums trying to make excuses for the behaviour shows to me that you also doubt its the right thing to do. If you do something negative like prank someone during a mission expect to get something negative in return (abusive message, coop pranks etc).
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    so players that earned seaweed and gold can choose to use it whenever they feel like it to hurt another player? but a player that earned or used to use gold to buy the prank can not choose to use it whenever they feel like it? i think you think that the seaweed and gold they are using hurts no one and yet it hurts the other player just as much as the other player using the prank on them does. so you thinking it is ok to use gold and seaweed to hurt other players is just as wrong. and i am sorry if you think making someone in some cases lose out on over 50k RP a mission because of gold or seaweed is not hurting that person is just plain stupid.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    so players that earned seaweed and gold can choose to use it whenever they feel like it to hurt another player? but a player that earned or used to use gold to buy the prank can not choose to use it whenever they feel like it? i think you think that the seaweed and gold they are using hurts no one and yet it hurts the other player just as much as the other player using the prank on them does. so you thinking it is ok to use gold and seaweed to hurt other players is just as wrong. and i am sorry if you think making someone in some cases lose out on over 50k RP a mission because of gold or seaweed is not hurting that person is just plain stupid.
    There is a distinct difference between giving yourself a boost and causing another player to harvest less. When you prank someone, it puts them at a disadvantage against all the players -- not just you -- and reduces his income because he is collecting fewer crops. If you were in a pie eating constest, it's like the difference between drinking extra water to make the food go down quicker vs. dumping salt over your opponent's pie.
    edited 29.03.2020
    see the difference between winning from pranks and gold is selfishness and self centerednes. when a prank is used on you.you personally are feeling the negative impact. however when you use gold to win you do not personally feel the negative impact. so yes there is a big difference. it is called being self centered and not caring about the other persons lose just your own. pranks are no better or any worse then gold and seaweed. they both hurt players just as much. only difference is which player is getting hurt. you or them. so of coarse you hate pranks they hurt you. i personally get hurt more every single CC from gold and seaweed then i have ever pranks.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720

Pranking is a childish vindictive little tactic used by players to cripple their opponent when they can't win........seaweed and gold (seaweed in particular) is something we have earned through events and when used affects ONLY our performance, not the performance of others. Its like being in a horse race and shooting the other riders horses in the legs to win.....thats not a win, thats pathetic.

Would I personally attack a players with an abusive message if they pranked me? No! But as far as respect was concerned I would look at that player as a bit of a joke.
    no actually you do lower the other persons performance by using the gold. they get 25 percent less points because you used gold and won. using gold is like using drugs on your horse to win. also pranks were also won through events and sold just like seaweed and gold too. like i said i have lost way more by players using gold then i ever have with a prank being used. lost over 20k RP on a couple wildflower just the last CC. but the guy i was in the pig mission i am sure was the maddest lol. i switched all 6  pigs to seaweed right before the end and used the turbo and swift seeder as fast as i can. ended up beating them like 520k to 518k pig. pretty sure depending on his booster i made him lose out on 50k RP. but i guess that dont matter right not like it lowered his performance or made him lose RP. oh wait it did. i know i personally used over 4k seaweed on just that one.not sure if they used that or gold. but everyone has that laying around right.  
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I wish GG would remove ALL pranks from the game.  Clearly it causes people to be  upset.  Just work your own farms and be happy.  The game developers COULD step in here and just remove that nasty aspect of the game entirely.
    edited 30.03.2020
    i just had someone use a prank on me earlier. seeing how there is no way to shut the books off they come in handy for the hw for personal reasons. i think they should remove all charms then because the add more charms once again have hurt me more then pranks have. do you know how many times some one sparkled my farm with out me asking. and either made me waste valuable time or had to use gold to skip the silo on the hard worker. both the charms and the pranks can be good and bad for some. but everyone plays different. what is good for one might not be for another. 

edit: better yet why dont they make it so you cant let anyone sparkle or prank your farm. have it like turning the snow on and off. that way the ones of us that do like the pranks can have them and i can not have players sparkling my stuff unless i want it. cause someone sparkled my cows. which means hopefully i get to collect before i get milk otherwise it will add to much time. and of course i am not allowed to be upset about a sparkle cause these are good things and i am supposed to be happy and grateful. 
  • Tyler Durdin (US1)Tyler Durdin (US1) US1 Posts: 53
    edited 31.03.2020
    well no matter how u want to look at it pranks are part of the game and if you cant take being pranked then dont play the game some other games that i played are far far far worst that a little time that it takes to recoup your down time and as for CC this is NOT the olympics YOU DO NOT TRAIN FOR YOUR CC no matter what you think you spend gold well that is your fun someone likes to prank well that is their fun and if you need your co-op to prank the hell out of someone who pranked you well who really is the sore loser here cant take a little prank well dont play the GAME GAME GAME GAME NOT LIFE
  • elb (GB1)elb (GB1) GB1 Posts: 100
    If anyone on my server wants to get rid of their pranks, I'd be happy to have them for the karma points
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I understand that it is difficult to come to a decision here since there are many different concepts that may be focused on. However, it disappoints me to see that there is support for abusive messages towards players that use pranks and other players saying they are nasty because of their use of that resource. In terms of resources in the game it is similar to using a bit of gold/seaweed except that resource is not unlimited. I am aware that some players have received abusive messages for that as well which is not fair, but it doesn't make it right to do that to the player that uses pranks since it is also a resource that can be used in-game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file