Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 3rd - January Magic! (In February) - Discussion

Comments

• Is it too much to ask that my boxes open? We went through this a few days ago and there's no reason why they can't open now.

• I couldn't make the premium liquid fert in the lab on the flower farm. I even tried making less and it didn't work.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    Did WWC start over?  My progress has regressed!
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    edited 05.02.2020
    The Valentine's Teddy flag is cute <3

Since graphics changes are being introduced often nowdays, can we get new backgrounds ( themes for our farms ).

Also, Background themes for Horse Ranch, Fishing Region, deco valley and co-op village.
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    This update broke the game for me completely. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's unplayable at the moment, I literally can't do anything at all, because the core gameplay loop (Harvest Crops->Make Feed->Feed Animals) is 99% broken. I can plant and sometimes harvest crops, but I can't do anything with them.
    Here are the issues I'm seeing, current as of today:

1. When I logged in to collect my products on the main farm, I kept getting told "barn full, you have to sell products" but it would only let me sell the exact amount needed to make space. When I clicked "sell", the dialogue didn't go away, I had to click "sell" twice. This sold double the amount of product, as expected.

2. My barns show up as empty for most products. I checked when collecting cows, pigs etc. and it said I have zero of any of them, but it still claimed I must sell milk because "barn is full". Now I have nothing left to give to the ship or contracts, because I had to keep a 100% empty barn to be able to collect anything on the farm. I seem to only be able to keep a maximum of what one stable/production building is able to produce. For example 420 milk, the amount one cowshed makes on my farm. 

3. I can't start production of chicken feed, despite the fact that I have zero of it. I can't feed my chickens because I have zero feed, but I can't make feed because I just get a pop-up that says "Your barn is full! Sell Harvest to make some space." No doubt this is the case for every other type of feed, too. 

4. I also can't ship products to my Gourmet Farm restaurant anymore. The button in the Barn menu is grey, and simply says "You do not have the right building to perform this function". This means that unless this gets fixed, my Gourmet Farm restaurant will be unusable when it runs out of products.

5. The Valentine's Event is pointless to me as well, because nothing on my Main Farm drops the event items. I saw the "Romantic gifts" pop up on the farm when collecting things, but the event dialogue still tells me I've got 0.

Please fix these issues as soon as possible. I like to keep full stocks of things like apples, cherries, milk and pigs for the ship, it sucks to have to sell 3000 milk just to be able to harvest 420 milk, and makes no sense. I'm not interested in logging back in to check if there are more issues, I'm sorry about that. Normally I'd be more than happy to try and help by seeing if there are more bugs, but today I'm just too disappointed to do the work that truthfully doesn't belong to me. 

Thank you for your time, whoever reads this and hopefully can relay it to the developers. I'm sorry that they have such a hard time, I hope they won't give up on the game just because it has issues like this every year. I certainly haven't given up, I keep coming back and hope to see the game succeed and overcome its growing pains. I believe in the studio and everyone that works for it. Thanks for your hard work.
  • Just a quick THANK YOU for reducing the pop-ups!  SOOO much more enjoyable:-))
    Happy Valentine's Day !
    -Cornycorn00
    Loony Bin Coop
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    This morning my game is incredibly slow.  Buildings won't load.  Cannot plant side crops.  Reboot fixed most but then I get some of the SAME pop ups I just turned off all over.   
    2 for 1.   REALLY?  I should PAY for this?  2 for NOTHING is more accurate.

And with all that flying pop up garbage, I never spotted the find a hidden object thing started.   Just happened to see a blue heart in the grass.   I usually like these hidden object games, especially when some new flag or deco is involved.
    But I don't know.... if these glitches keep up I may just walk away from this for awhile.

GG.  If your graphic artists need work... some suggestions.
    1.  First MOVE the flags on fields (that we don't really need.) so they are not covered by crop icons.
    2.  More useful would be a flag over pigs and cows if fast feed is used so team mates know not to sparkle.
    3.  Last upgrade on several buildings that look identical to the previous one?  HOUSES?   How about a level 8 building so we don't have to hoover over every one to see what level it is.
    4.  IDEA:   How about seasonal skins for deco?   I have a frosty castle up now, worth plenty of happiness points, hate to hide it but it looks stupid come spring.   Be nice to change it's skin to a spring one, summer, etc. These could be won in games, or if not priced insane, a small bit of gold would be ok.
    5.  I'd LOVE to have a few more levels for barns.  I have to stop and sell eggs several times just to harvest them once.  More storage please, and with better graphics to go with them.

>>>>>>>>> FIND AND FIX BUGS BEFORE RELEASING ANYTHING <<<<<<<<<<<<
  • yomismo1 (ES1)yomismo1 (ES1) ES1 Posts: 2,291
    My WWC event is at 0.

After cleaning and restarting it was fixed, but every time I close my farm, the WWC event appears again at 0

edited 05.02.2020
    I have an excellent internet and my game works great.
    But once in a month or two, my internet has some issue lasting for a few hours or a full day. 
    Exactly this time around, I get all these problems being mentioned in above comments. Like barn showing 0. Wwc scores showing 0. Errors, or many clicking to harvest. Sometimes reloading helps, sometimes it doesn't.

I could be wrong, but I feel the quality of internet rather than the speed in Mbps/Gbps ... Affects the game in some way.

I have a dedicated fibre optic internet. 

Google Adblock plus for Firefox/chrome.
    This is an add-on for both Firefox and Chrome browsers. It stops loading of all ads when loading the game. This could speed up your game a bit. You could try it and see if it works. 
    edited 05.02.2020
    I wish this color in Barn page could be made white, so that the contrast increases and it becomes clear to see the filled amount.

The barn currently shows 9 items at once, it could be made 12 by increasing the window size of the barn window

This will help less scrolling with mouse reach lower faster.

Even though i liked the old Farm management window, after being forced to play with this new Barn, im getting a bit used to it.
    The scrolling is certainly better than going to Page number 7 or 8.

If this Barn window size is increased and it shows 12 items in one place, it might look okay.

Also, there are many items like humus, premium humus, super humus, seaweeds, leaves, etc etc .... which are shown in each Tab ( MF, GF, FF ) .... this just clutters the space.
    A few adjustments/refinement to the new barn could make it a better option than the old Farm management.
  • yomismo1 (ES1)yomismo1 (ES1) ES1 Posts: 2,291
    @TMKC (IN1)

I will follow your advice!  :)

I will add the plug-in to the browser and check my internet connection with my provider.

Thank you very much for your help!  <3
  • Below is a message from the players in my co-op who cannot get into the Forum for various reasons.  I keep them informed of new notifications, etc. that I gather from the Updates.  What you read below is nothing that has not been asked in the past, but they want to be heard so here is the summary of info they want to pass along thinking that if you know their needs you,  GGS,  will listen. Here goes:

"We, members of the Fun Ranch Co-Op, despise the new changes.  The rewards notifications are ridiculous and a waste of time.  It's distracting and accomplishes the opposite of what they are trying to do.  You should consider spending time on ASKING your customers which "improvements" are most important to those playing the game. Also, you might consider FIXING the issues that still exist instead of creating new ones. Thank you!"

That's it.  I have passed their thoughts along to you.  Thanks for listening.  Keep on fixing bugs, etc.

Sincerely,
    Scarlet Howl   <3
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    I have questions about the new Pleasure Park event and don't see a thread for that specifically, so I wasn't sure if it was falling into this category or not....
    I am unable to open the ranking rewards on the Pleasure Park event.  Is it just me, or is it a bug?
    Also, I see on the prize list that I can exchange my tickets for prizes, but the GML is listed twice: once for 12,000 tickets and once for 24,000 tickets.  Just wondering if this is an error, or is there a limit that you can only get one for 12,000 and then one for 24,000?  The descriptions are identical and don't make sense to me.  It will take me probably several times playing to get enough tickets to try to buy a GML to find out the answer and I'd like to be able to tell my co-op, so if anyone knows, I'd appreciate the info!!!
    Thanks!!

edited 06.02.2020
    Still can't play the game, due to issues I mentioned in my previous post. 

I've tried all the usual things: Reloading the game, clearing my cache, turning adblock on and off, using a different browser. None of this worked for me.

I hope it's not widespread, and I hope it gets fixed soon. Shame to miss out on the Valentine's event because I won't be able to collect all the items on time, if my farm ever works again. :disappointed:

• Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99
    VAM (US1) said:
    I have questions about the new Pleasure Park event and don't see a thread for that specifically, so I wasn't sure if it was falling into this category or not....
    I am unable to open the ranking rewards on the Pleasure Park event.  Is it just me, or is it a bug?
    Also, I see on the prize list that I can exchange my tickets for prizes, but the GML is listed twice: once for 12,000 tickets and once for 24,000 tickets.  Just wondering if this is an error, or is there a limit that you can only get one for 12,000 and then one for 24,000?  The descriptions are identical and don't make sense to me.  It will take me probably several times playing to get enough tickets to try to buy a GML to find out the answer and I'd like to be able to tell my co-op, so if anyone knows, I'd appreciate the info!!!
    Thanks!!

First GML (12.000 tickets)  can be purchased only once, after that you can purchase the second GML for 24.000 tickets.  Rankings rewards works fine here.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    But once in a month or two, my internet has some issue lasting for a few hours or a full day. 
    Exactly this time around, I get all these problems being mentioned in above comments. Like barn showing 0. Wwc scores showing 0. Errors, or many clicking to harvest. Sometimes reloading helps, sometimes it doesn't.

I could be wrong, but I feel the quality of internet rather than the speed in Mbps/Gbps ... Affects the game in some way.

This is an add-on for both Firefox and Chrome browsers. It stops loading of all ads when loading the game. This could speed up your game a bit. You could try it and see if it works. 
    Yes, I have dedicated high speed cable too.  And yes occasionally there are network issues. BUT... I also usually have multiple screens open at once.  USUALLY either youtube news feeds, or at least internet music is on another window while this game is on.  Then I may check email, or tranmission, or sometimes even play another game while waiting for some harvest here. AND I have a tool that shows download and upload speeds in real time.
    So when there is any internet issue, it effects ALL my activities.  
    But when this game has issues, and nothing else does,
    it has to be on the game end of things, not the internet. 
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 06.02.2020
    I just finished spending over $4B setting up my deco park, will not be happy if GML and manor are removed.  We could get 2 GML and 1 manor + other rewards from 1 PP, I hope this does not change.  I am scared that they are about to destroy this event totally, wait and see.

I called it, rewards for PP have been drastically reduced.  It will now take 2 PP just to get 1 manor and that is if you get ALL the hard work rewards and win server, you will get no other rewards.
  • andy626 (GB1)andy626 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 23
    edited 06.02.2020
    I just finished spending over $4B setting up my deco park, will not be happy if GML and manor are removed.  We could get 2 GML and 1 manor + other rewards from 1 PP, I hope this does not change.  I am scared that they are about to destroy this event totally, wait and see.

I called it, rewards for PP have been drastically reduced.  It will now take 2 PP just to get 1 manor and that is if you get ALL the hard work rewards and win server, you will get no other rewards.
    Not only have they reduced the value of the rewards, but also removed the building slot tokens from the list ( along with the other events ) so you now have to buy them with the tickets that you win in the event -  Very Poor GGS   0/10
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240

Yes, I have dedicated high speed cable too.  And yes occasionally there are network issues. BUT... I also usually have multiple screens open at once.  USUALLY either youtube news feeds, or at least internet music is on another window while this game is on.  Then I may check email, or tranmission, or sometimes even play another game while waiting for some harvest here. AND I have a tool that shows download and upload speeds in real time.
    So when there is any internet issue, it effects ALL my activities.  
    But when this game has issues, and nothing else does,
    it has to be on the game end of things, not the internet. 
    Same here. 500 Mbps optic fibre connection,when i do a ping it give 482Mbps on the Wifi and 503 Mbps on the cable.So that is not the problem. I can have 4  windows open without any problems. 
    Another game i play is also a farming game and it goes without hickups or lagging. But this game has its ups and very downs. most of the times it goes regulary,but last C-C with Wf ready and a new started. I was not even to be able to harvest 13 times. Mission =30 min-1 minute for the first harvest. That leaves 29 minutes for 26 minutes of growing. 3 minutes away. And that was with the automatic harvester/seeder. 
    A bit later i did it by hand,and managed to harvest 9 times WF in a mission.Where the half of my last harvest did not came in on time.
    Have a very high end game computer with will runs his cleaning programs every night so it is not clogged up or whatever.

But the fact that there are to-many events gooing on at the same moment. The data-info what comes in is way to much for the most computers,but also for the servers. The overload of the server is in the eyes of my private computerwizzard to much. That provokes the lagging and error messages times after time. Also it will disconnect you from the server time after time. It happends on the cable aswell as on the Wifi.

My idea is to intergrate a option to disable the events wich the player NOT like or Will play. Must be not that hard to realize and for sure it will keep the speed in the game for those who concentrate only on the C-C when it is running. 

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    VAM (US1) said:
    Thanks!!

First GML (12.000 tickets)  can be purchased only once, after that you can purchase the second GML for 24.000 tickets.  Rankings rewards works fine here.
    Some how that doesn't seem right - a player can earn the 12,000 tickets to exchange for 1 GML
    now why would one earn 24,000 to only get 1 more GML
     More thinking the second offer will be 2 GML for the 24,000 tickets earned
    Update: Game now works again. I haven't done anything different, so I assume Goodgame has been working on the game slowness etc. that others reported and my issue's been fixed along with it.
    The lost event items and barn items are back and I can once again transport items to my Gourmet restaurant as well. Thanks a lot! c:
  • new barn format is not user friendly.  instead of a few clicks to view stocks, one has to scroll and recognize the items - more cumbersome and trouble some.  consider reverting to old format
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    edited 07.02.2020
    And one can longer see how long a certain item takes to grow etc. The normal day-to-day seeds are ok but the seldom used items have zero info on them. :-(
  • Willem.w (NL1)Willem.w (NL1) NL1 Posts: 2
    i don't like the update i've lost all my supplies everything is zero i can start all over again
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    edited 07.02.2020
    Why is it when we need/want a notification to work it does not? We are inundated by exclamation marks peddling utter nonsense at an extravagant cost yet a functional notification does not work.

I suppose we should be eternally grateful that none of the GGS/BFG development (word used sarcastically) team write software for aeroplanes or nuclear power stations.

Farm deals in the parking lost has lost its notification timer feature, you now have to hover over the barrow to get the timer to show but it loses itself once you change farms.

Post edited by Fallen (INT1) on
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 07.02.2020

i've counted the HW rewards for the PP are 146K, if you win your difficulty level, there's another 50K which means 196 x 2 = 392, that leaves enough for a country manor and 2 x 12K gml's with almost a 24K gml :)

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 07.02.2020
    @The Best King (INT1) your numbers are almost correct, hard work rewards are actually 144k ( but close enough), my point exactly, they have over halved the rewards for this event and that is for the person who wins, less for all other player who could get manor on old system in 1 PP as some of us could.  I have almost got all the hard work rewards already for this PP so not much point doing any more with the reduction in rewards.  Prior to change we could get 2 GML a Manor and 48 other rewards in 1 PP, not possible to even do that now in 2 PP
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    So we are adding gourmet products to the Dream World?!

This is so stupid.  Seriously.

It is only two weeks.  You cannot even clear all the land.  But now we will need more types of stuff, that pay less.  Almonds are less profitable than apples, so why bother?

And.....it is only two weeks....is this time problem never going to get fixed?  Two weeks???

Meanwhile the WW Champ Coin trader has not been updated to include new items in 2 years!

Is there no one at GGS who has even a remote understanding of the audience?  I am really puzzled by how GGS comes by its priorities.  It sort of like a homeless person prioritizing buying a Porsche.
  • jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 409
    When is the Feb. update? I hope it's not at the end of the month.

Please can we have the old farm management back. Or, at least explain to us how GGS felt this was more beneficial to us. I like to check my ss, water, and base seed supplies several times a day. Before it took me 2 clicks and 2 seconds. Now I have to search up and down on a what seems like never ending list that has no order to it. Things we need don't need but once a year are listed before things used regularly. It makes no sense and takes forever to find anything.

I hate, hate, hate it.
Sign In to comment.