Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Forum Contest - Halloween #4: Monsters vs Saints

WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267
edited 30.10.2019 in Contests & Awards

Monsters                         VS                          Saints

It's Halloween time, with ghosts, pumpkins and monsters.
Well, when we say monsters, we usually first think of scary looking fantasy creatures,
that move in a funny way and mumble while doing it.
But monsters do exist. They look normal, even quite handsome, move and speak normally among us.
What makes them monsters are their deeds.

Fortunately, where there is dark, there is light & November 1st is All Saint's Day, dedicated to unknown saints.
There are many, many people that have made this world a better place with their deeds.;
Some people (literally) saved the world or at least millions of lives, with one quick decision or purely by accident.
Sometimes, the decision was wrong, but the world was saved by how they reacted afterwords…

So here is a little contest for you. 
The picture below shows  6 “monsters” (people with terrible deeds) &
6 unusual “saints” (people who saved world or lot of lives in a strange way).

Here is a list of statements that describe those people:

Saints

1. His famous last words were: "I did everything correctly. I don't understand why it happened."  Maybe he did not react correctly when the havoc started, but things would be much, much worse if he hadn’t sacrificed his life and stayed behind to clean the mess.

2. "Alarm, what alarm? Oh THAT alarm. Just ignore it, it must be broken."

3. "And when I die I will keep on living."  Well, for this lady it was not just words. A part of her LITERALLY kept on living. And saved many lives.

4. He was raised on farm but sent to study buy his grandfather with the advice: "You're wiser to fill your head now if you want to fill your belly later on." That was massive understatement!

5. He shares his name with an American football player and is known under the nickname "The man with the golden arm".

6. An apple fell on Newton, Archimedes was taking a bath, but this guy just did not have time to clean his lab before he went on vacation. And he did not shout "Eureka!!". He just said: "That’s funny".

Monsters

7. Forget about the Lord Vlad Dracula. She was the real Lady Dracula!!

8. He shares his surname with a famous detective. He also had a helper that looked a bit like Watson. But he lived on other side of a law. His hotel was not named California, but "you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave..." describes it well.

9. She was beautiful. She married three times and all her husbands were a "good catch" (two were rich, one was a doctor). She was also known to be a sweet and kind lady. But after the fire broke in her mansion, the world found out that she was a real monster...

10. He was sweet and charming. But woman, mostly young and beautiful, just kept disappearing around him. Because of his charm it took a long long time before it was realized that he was a serial killer.

11. He came from a rich and decent family, was good at school, loved by his classmates and got two PhD (medicine and anthropology). He was called "white angel". Wrong category? No, unfortunately not. He was also called "Angel of Death" and his cruelty shocked the world.

12. "Oh its so dark in here. I better light some candles, so that I can play the lyre. No candles? Well, then those people will do or better yet, a whole city?"

Your job is to match each picture with a statement and the name of the person.
 Each statement describes one person.
When you have figured out which name and statement match each picture,

SEND YOUR ENTRY TO ME IN A PM 

with the name of the person,
the letter of their picture, and
the number of the statement that describes them.

For example,
If you think that Lady on picture I is Tessa Truesdale and that she is best described with the statements #4,
write:  I-4: Tessa Truesdale

Each letter and each number can be used only once. 
If you repeat any, only the 1st time you used a  letter or number will count. 
Only one entry per player is allowed (or, again, only the first one will count).

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS ON THIS THREAD

You will get 3 points for each correct triple (name, picture and a statement)
and 2 points if you only guessed two out of three
(e.g. correct name and the picture, but wrong or missing statement).

Nice prizes are awaiting the winners and all that participate will get the 2019 Halloween badge.

The contest will end on Monday, 4th. November, at noon CET

Good luck and remember: Google is your best friend!
Post edited by WiseWing (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Only Problem with that is I do not have Google only Bing, but I will try & finish it anyway, thanks :)

• sylciafi (PL1)sylciafi (PL1) PL1 Posts: 320
    edited 29.10.2019

very difficult task, time consuming but still to be done, I hope I wrote it correctly :)
  • selena m. (US1)selena m. (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    This looks like a lovely contest I hope I can get the answers for all.Good luck everyone🙂
    Only Problem with that is I do not have Google only Bing, but I will try & finish it anyway, thanks :)

In bing you can search ,” google.com” and then you will click the first or second search result and then you will be able to research using google instead of bing

In bing you can search ,” google.com” and then you will click the first or second search result and then you will be able to research using google instead of bing
    I do not use Google Cause I do not trust it after many have gotten Viruses from it, so I won't add a old search engine on My Newer computer nope, I will use Bing since that is what My Windows 10 computer wants, but thanks for the advice just the same. :)

Update, I am going to pass on this contest, I just do not have the time for it,  but I wish everyone else good luck, :)
  • So, this is Halloween contest #4. I see #1 & 2, but I do not see a #3. Am I missing seeing it somewhere?
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    It is probably on a different page

• sultan6 (INT1)sultan6 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 49

The third competition is: Forum Contest - Big Farm's 7th Birthday!

• WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267
    So, this is Halloween contest #4. I see #1 & 2, but I do not see a #3. Am I missing seeing it somewhere?
    Well, we were a bit sneaky there. The Halloween contest #3 is see who will be the first one to notice that there is no Halloween contest #3.

So, as you were the first to notice the "mystery" disappearance of contest # 3, you are the lucky winner on one mystery box.

The prize will be credited later this week.
  • monks (US1)monks (US1) US1 Posts: 594
    Do we have to know who the people are or can we look them up?
    Do we have to know who the people are or can we look them up?
    Of course you can look them up. I do not expect that you know them all by heart.
  • There is no other contests #1 or #2 or #3 , lol
    Tricky or treats to @WiseWing owl :)

Send PM with answers, now just cross my "witchy" fingers and toes and cook-up a winning potion in my big pot !!

edited 31.10.2019
    I ended up multitasking to get them finished, but glad I got them done with , :)
    update> I turned in My answers I hope you got them cause I had trouble posting it for some strange reason, again good luck to everyone.:)
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    The saints were rather easy to identify from pictures and descriptions.
    But we rarely care to stare mesmerized at pics of genocidal maniacs and serial killers. Neither their feats are followed widely with admiration. Moreover they often show similar modus operandi. (For instance, arsenic was found to be most popular pick for female serial killers. May be they attain confidence, perfection and expertise first by killing hundreds of rats.)
    So identifying the monsters was really challenging. Google helped there a lot. Hats off to Google. 

But overall I enjoyed the contest (far better than blindly predicting numbers of innumerable this or that).
    Thank you WiseWing.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    edited 31.10.2019
    Not sure if my entry went in or not.

Oh well it was fun anyway.

Happy Halloween to all.    :)
  • GOO (SKN1)GOO (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 240
    edited 31.10.2019
    WiseWing said:
    So, this is Halloween contest #4. I see #1 & 2, but I do not see a #3. Am I missing seeing it somewhere?
    Well, we were a bit sneaky there. The Halloween contest #3 is see who will be the first one to notice that there is no Halloween contest #3.

So, as you were the first to notice the "mystery" disappearance of contest # 3, you are the lucky winner on one mystery box.

I too was looking for the contest earlier this week on a regular discussion section, so there were others to notice the same thing even before this thread

"GOO (SKN1) said:
    Where's the Halloween contest #3 ? 
    I saw it briefly yesterday, but today I can't find it anymore..the one in which we were supposed to count everything with 7 pieces"
    WiseWing said:

I too was looking for the contest earlier this week on a regular discussion section, so there were others to notice the same thing even before this thread

"GOO (SKN1) said:
    Where's the Halloween contest #3 ? 
    I saw it briefly yesterday, but today I can't find it anymore..the one in which we were supposed to count everything with 7 pieces"
    The contest is still there the name of the contest is BIG FARM’S 7TH BIRTHDAY.I hope you find it and have fun
  • WiseWing said:

So cool, thanks!
  • FarmerAlf (INT1)FarmerAlf (INT1) INT1 Posts: 18
    Does the tilde under the letters B, E, F and J have any meaning?
    Does the tilde under the letters B, E, F and J have any meaning?
    I think the moderator put the tile under those letters to inform us to pay close attention to those in the photos.Im guessing matching them to their quote would be very tricky 
    edited 04.11.2019

Hello everyone. Here are the correct answers:

Saints
    B - 2 Stanislav Petrov
    E - 5 James Harrison
    F - 4 Norman Borlaug
    I -3 Henrietta Lacks
    K - 1 Alexander Akimov
    L - 6 Alexander Fleming

Monsters
    A - 10 Ted Bundy
    C - 12 Neron
    D - 11 Joseph Mengele
    G - 8 H. H. Holmes
    H - 7 Elizabeth Bathory
    J - Delphine LaLaurie

You managed to amaze us once again. We obtained 39 correct answers, each winning 2 seaweed humus. Congratulations:

@~~Mona~~(INT1), @AAA24 (INT1), @andromeda_m31 (INT1), @AwesomeKFS (US1), @BlonDC (US1), @chidzu (INT1), @coolFatima (IN1), @Dennis Monroe (GB1), @drazko (BG1), @Dulcie1956 (INT1)@Farmer Deb (US1), @FarmerAlf (INT1), @GOO (SKN1), @Hania22222 (PL1), @Heather Norsk (US1), @jitu7 (IN1), @jwllmsjnb (US1), @karadok (PL1), @KebonRaya (INT1), @laeloni31 (US1)@Letty.liongamez (GB1), @magdalenka1978 (PL1), @massiekist (US1), @ME14 (US1), @mia111 (GB1), @micky mouse (INT1), @Mike Daniels (US1), @MoonFox (INT1), @nola1 (INT1), @MoonionsRule (US1)@omurtag (BG1), @Palomino Horse (SKN1), @Pankaj.Panku (IN1), @PlayerSamedi (INT1), @rsny (US1), @sylciafi (PL1), @Tes (BG1), @Tinie Sudjana (INT1)@Τζινι (GR1).

From all correct answers we randomly picked 10 winners that will in addition get also  2500 gold:

@Letty.liongamez (GB1), @Palomino Horse (SKN1), @Heather Norsk (US1), @Tes (BG1), @AAA24 (INT1), @AwesomeKFS (US1), @Tinie Sudjana (INT1), @KebonRaya (INT1), @drazko (BG1), @chidzu (INT1)

Seven players got it almost correctly (one name wrong or missing) and will receive 10 seaweed food:

@A1234567890 (US1), @durbar (IN1), @ijrosh (US1), @LCCGamer (US1), @Sanobar (INT1), @SYB (INT1), @YukiMatsumoto (RO1).

Congratulations to all!!
    Post edited by WiseWing (FormerMod) on
  • Yay... I Win !!!  Thanks very much @WiseWing <3

And Congratulation for all the Winner too  ;)
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    Thank you @WiseWing for this contest :)
    It was a nice one :)
    Congratulations to all the winners.
    Congrats to all the winners, seems I had 2 of my letters mixed up, but it was fun non the less, great job :)
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Thank you so much @WiseWing!  That was a fun one :-)

• Thank youu... the contest was really fun and very interesting. Many things I have learned by participating.

• GOO (SKN1)GOO (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 240
    edited 04.11.2019
    The contest was great. Thanks for that

Now I make a little request: maybe you could rather give less gold to all the correct entries than give just a few correct entries bigger amount of gold. That would be nicer I think...

The random pick is invisible to us, so maybe you could consider my suggestion. I can remember many correct entries and "random" picks and no rewards..
    Post edited by GOO (SKN1) on
  • chidzu (INT1)chidzu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 112
    Thank you and congratulations to all the winners.
    I am very happy. :)
  • congrats to all the farmers  love these mini games
This discussion has been closed.