Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 29th - New Graphics, A Duck Community & More! - Discussion

Comments

• nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    I wonder why they didn´t do the update before the HWE started. How hard can it be to coordinate things at their end?

Everything seems pretty difficult for them to co-ordinate  :(
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    Yesterday it was missing dandy ducks coop from inventory - Now it is missing workers I upgraded two houses yesterday and I still only have 1 worker - I raised a candy house still only have 1 worker - Also note that in the viking farm it asked me to sell 230 flax I sold 300 no monies in the hold. weird small things - except for missing workers and duck coop - 
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    @ everyone..... The new fish tokens are connected to the Goldfish event & we will have more info for you about them, before the event is run again.
    I find it a bit strange that we now know something about fish tokens ... didnt they know anything about how to get the balloon tokens besides from buying them with gold ??? or are the question answered elsewhere??
  • AsterixMG (DE1)AsterixMG (DE1) DE1 Posts: 321
    edited 30.10.2019
    @ everyone..... The new fish tokens are connected to the Goldfish event & we will have more info for you about them, before the event is run again.
    I find it a bit strange that we now know something about fish tokens ... didnt they know anything about how to get the balloon tokens besides from buying them with gold ??? or are the question answered elsewhere??
    The Ingame-Help (the Questionmark in the lower right after opening the BallonWoF) says that they can only be bought or won in the BallonWoF, so my guess is, thats the answer...
    Buy them, or... ignore it >:)
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222

The Ingame-Help (the Questionmark in the lower right after opening the BallonWoF) says that they can only be bought or won in the BallonWoF, so my guess is, thats the answer...
    Buy them, or... ignore it >:)
    Not really ;-)  ...

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I would still like an answer on balloon tokens.

Also, the contracts are terrible.  First, I lost all progress on my six previous contracts.  This cost me somewhere way north of 50 million farm dollars.

Second, the new contracts are smaller and of much lower quality.  

I have not yet noticed any difference on fish contracts, but they get filled much more slowly, because GGS refuses to balance the shellfish or the swordfish.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    for those who say why not log off before event ends so as not to lose 1/2 production time, have not thought it out.  If we log off before  it ends means we are not able to participate in ANY other event during that time. Like CC, temp farm, DW, weekly event that are running or are about to start.  That is NOT a solution (if you were told the only way to get a reward was to log off and not play for 2hrs, when you normally play, what would you say? That is what you are telling us to do).  Why should we have to give up our night of play just because we live in AU, IN or JPN. What is so hard about rotating times of start of event.  Or what is so hard about at end of event or when we log in "you have won 1/2time do you want to start now or select delay for when to start on drop down' this is not rocket science, it is logical and makes EVERYONE happy. not just those who are about to go to bed, but also those who are going to work to select a time that suits them best when to start 1/2 time.  Yes US sleeps but now they now lose no time due to sleep as 1/2 times starts for them when they wake up, not a couple of hours before bed.

They went to all the trouble of making it so not to start 1/2 time when log on, would not have been hard to give us the choice when we want to start, they wasted all that work time ruining market so it is no longer worth using ( no just farm$ contract only now give stuff that we don't want), all that time to add useless graphics around farm.  In all this update was total waste of man hours, for useless graphics and destroying market.

@a@"artful (US1)"   EVERY contract I have received since update ALL have add on most give 2500 xp, got 0 just farm $  market is now waste of time.  After binning 6 contracts this is what I got back, this is same after 36 contracts binned so far

I realized that the three contracts I had without add-ons were old ones. Once I filled them, I now have six that have those expensive extras.  All those extras take away from the monetary value, so now the contracts are worthless to me. The ones with XPs are no brainers as I try to avoid XPs anyway.  Crunched the numbers on some other ones ... one had one Karma point added which, when compared with selling the produce outright, would have cost me over $250,000.  The others also caused comparable losses.

As I posted before, if all the contracts are like these, I won't even bother trashing them. Just sell my goods outright, and move on.
  • @artful (US1)yes I am going to allow my contracts to fill with auto harvest then never send them and let them sit forever, totally worthless is the markets now.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 31.10.2019
    I don't care for the added pictures to contract screen or the new market building.... Too much stuff going on, just like the coop village.
    I agree completely, the new graphics are just DREADFUL. Goggly eyed people who look like zombies staring at me from the market. Please omit the market contract graphics!!
    ---
    This was hubby, not me.
    I told him to sign in as himself next time, the rat !
    Post edited by GrammaLeah (US1) on
    @artful (US1)yes I am going to allow my contracts to fill with auto harvest then never send them and let them sit forever, totally worthless is the markets now.
    I'm too frugal to do that. I'm just skipping them altogether. At least I won't have to look at those creepy faces.
  • The Market building is way to big, it is not proportionally sized to the other buildings & graphics on the farms
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Those horrible faces are still on OUR contracts on OUR farms. :(
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Those horrible faces are still on OUR contracts on OUR farms. :(
    Well after all, today is Halloween, so I expect to see horrible googly-eyed characters.  I am expecting a whole bunch of cute kids in their costumes tonight when I hand out goodies for their :D<3o:) treats.  

I just hope that after today, those contract characters go away!  
  • Taji (US1)Taji (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    I so hope that the new market is GGS's idea of a Halloween Trick~ and it will go away tomorrow! (Yes, I'm a dreamer...)
    It does not fit on the farm. Neither the size nor the style. Really makes that horrid gazebo I have for a library now look even worse, if that's possible!
    Not having crops and produce available a click away is supremely inconvenient. Removing access to the markets from the Farm Management tab just compounded the hassle. I play to farm, not click.
    Having those people/zombies staring at you instead of the items needed to fill a contract is just plain stupid and more useless clicking.

Another update that has sent the game further downhill... 

• buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Has anyone else noticed that 3 out of 6 contracts have XP add-ons ...  every single time.  Before, you could decline a few contracts to have all 6 that give dollars only. Not anymore since the update. This is nuts.
    I hadn't noticed this before since I decline about 95% of fish contracts.  (And I have never used the Organic Market -- ever.)  But I don't believe I have seen a contract without an add-on in quite some while.  BigFarm WAY (way, way, way!!) overestimates the value of its cheap prizes - so every add-on just makes the contract more easy to decline.  At least you get offered a new set of choices every half-hour.  So it's more a matter of how often you have to check in to clear the contract board until you get offered a contract that's worth filling.

Too bad the contract prices are 3 times what direct selling prices are (at least last time I checked) because I'd much rather just sell direct anyway.

Oh for the original days of DSF!!   :'(
    Has anyone else noticed that 3 out of 6 contracts have XP add-ons ...  every single time.  Before, you could decline a few contracts to have all 6 that give dollars only. Not anymore since the update. This is nuts.
    I hadn't noticed this before since I decline about 95% of fish contracts.  
    In both the organic and the fish markets, I declined any contracts that had add ons, so I always had all six contracts without them. When you crunch the numbers, you will see that they take away so much that you're better off just selling your overages when you harvest. The add ons are way over priced and can be gotten elsewhere in the game much more cheaply. For those not wanting the XPs, the contracts are worthless.

Now they all come with add ons. And the fish market has been nerfed as well. Before declining a contract, I compare what I would make just selling off the excess v. what I make with something useless or cheap added on. In the fish market, a recent add on was 2 violet seeds which deducted over $80,000 from the contract. I don't know anyone who would pay $80K for two violet seeds.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    In both the organic and the fish markets, I declined any contracts that had add ons, so I always had all six contracts without them. When you crunch the numbers, you will see that they take away so much that you're better off just selling your overages when you harvest. The add ons are way over priced and can be gotten elsewhere in the game much more cheaply. For those not wanting the XPs, the contracts are worthless.

Now they all come with add ons. And the fish market has been nerfed as well. Before declining a contract, I compare what I would make just selling off the excess v. what I make with something useless or cheap added on. In the fish market, a recent add on was 2 violet seeds which deducted over $80,000 from the contract. I don't know anyone who would pay $80K for two violet seeds.

Violet Seeds were nerfed months ago, when they added the Mermaid Bay products to the Fish Market.  You think $80,000 was bad? It was actually $500,000 in the last update. (For what it's worth, it was never $80,000 - the lowest Violet Seeds have been is $292,500).

I posted about it here:

I'm checking now to see if any of the prices have changed in this last update, but I won't know for sure for a few days as I work through some contracts.

Violet Seeds were nerfed months ago, when they added the Mermaid Bay products to the Fish Market.  You think $80,000 was bad? It was actually $500,000 in the last update. (For what it's worth, it was never $80,000 - the lowest Violet Seeds have been is $292,500).

I posted about it here:

I'm checking now to see if any of the prices have changed in this last update, but I won't know for sure for a few days as I work through some contracts.

you are forgetting that they give them out as awards quite often, and the adventurer's boat gives them as well. I am literally covered up in them until I need them for events, and even then, I have tons left over for Golden Week. I don't know anyone who actually buys them.
    edited 31.10.2019

I have been crunching the numbers as well. The prices for selling directly haven't changed, yet, so that is what I'm comparing.  The latest add on would have meant my spending $40K (give or take) for 127 horseshoes. 

Again, so many of the add ons are available as rewards, they do pile up. I couldn't imagine buying them under any circumstances.
    So far, the walk-up prices have been just slightly higher than selling outright.
    edited 31.10.2019

I have been crunching the numbers as well. The prices for selling directly haven't changed, yet, so that is what I'm comparing.  The latest add on would have meant my spending $40K (give or take) for 127 horseshoes. 

Again, so many of the add ons are available as rewards, they do pile up. I couldn't imagine buying them under any circumstances.

Horseshoes? In a Fishing Contract? That's new - haven't seen those before.

This is my current list that I'm verifying - but like I said it'll take me a few days (or more) to work through enough contracts to verify most of the prices.

(The stuff in Green are the ones I've verified so far)
    So far, the walk-up prices have been just slightly higher than selling outright.

The walkup prices are 5% over Direct Sales price (unless you get the 1-20% bonus for being fast). :)

Horseshoes? In a Fishing Contract? That's new - haven't seen those before.

This is my current list that I'm verifying - but like I said it'll take me a few days (or more) to work through enough contracts to verify most of the prices.

Sorry, the horseshoes were from the organic markets. I have been monitoring both, and after a few days, I still conclude that selling outright will serve me far better.
  • GGS, please note: Regular Mining Licenses are not prize worthy. Receiving them as rewards in the HWE and in mystery boxes does not fill one with joy. 
    I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who thinks like this!  I have stopped doing the HWE's.
     I stopped with the last FHW. Now lets see what *special* items they will be giving out with 
    the rest of the events.  SMH
  • Pax (FR1)Pax (FR1) FR1 Posts: 114

The walkup prices are 5% over Direct Sales price (unless you get the 1-20% bonus for being fast). :)

Walkup prices for me are just +1%, ie wheat 30$ direct, 30,30$ walkup (+1-20% for fast).
  • I can't make cookies.  As you can see there are plenty of cherries in the storage of the bakery, but it isn't recognizing them for the cookies.

Please fix this. I just did the final upgrade on my bakery so not sure if the problem is the upgrade or the fix, but I need to make cookies.
    edited 01.11.2019
    I can't make cookies.  As you can see there are plenty of cherries in the storage of the bakery, but it isn't recognizing them for the cookies.

Please fix this. I just did the final upgrade on my bakery so not sure if the problem is the upgrade or the fix, but I need to make cookies.

The only items that pull from Bakery Storage are Fruitcakes, Apple Pies, Almond Muffins and Apple Turnovers.  Everything else (including Cookies) pulls ingredients directly from Main Inventory.
  • I can't make cookies.  As you can see there are plenty of cherries in the storage of the bakery, but it isn't recognizing them for the cookies.

The only items that pull from Bakery Storage are Fruitcakes, Apple Pies, Almond Muffins and Apple Turnovers.  Everything else (including Cookies) pulls ingredients directly from Main Inventory.
    Thanks, I had forgotten about that. So I checked my barn inventory and have enough in there to do it as well.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Does GGS know that you had to reload the browser to get the CC to show up?  Is this a side effect of the change with regard to bonus timers?
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 01.11.2019
    @gavinfarms (US1) Patience Grasshopper! :)

Best answer we could get when we saw the coats were not on that list, is that they"should" be fixed in the update.

during the update ggs doubled the selling price of the goods produced in the workshop, but very unfortunately it is still a miserable 20% of the original prices, not worth the gold they would like everyone to spend on any temp farm  

EDIT: "almost doubled"  only the coats have been adjusted to be 20% of the original prices

Sign In to comment.