Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Viking Farm

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    The Lonely Farm (CZ1) said:
    If you count the runestone-value of all the material needed for one coat production, you'll find out, that it is even MORE WORTH than the result of the coat production. If you would sell the material directly for the runestones, you'll get 147.600 runestones. For the 120 coats you'll get 144.000 runestones. Thats simply less. Who would produce a coat now? Just a fool...
    @The Lonely Farm (CZ1)  This has been reported & is already being looked at by the balancer.

By the way I thought GGS is working on removing pranks from the game. 
    But the new VF rewards are giving new pranks.
    Seeing this one for the first time:

@jitu7 (IN1) Thankyou, this has been reported already & there was a different one on a favorite offer that has been reported too.

The pranks are mean spirited, and "leveling the playing field" by using them is frowned upon by many coops. Our coop doesn't allow using them. The game is hard enough with bugs and unfairness every where you turn ... we don't need more.
    Then do away with kites giving extra rep points, boosters and gold since some people live on fixed incomes and place people in events based on levels so that new people are not up against long time players.  Make the game more equitable for everyone.  To keep so many things that favor only some and not all is unfair.
    Your comparisons don't follow logic.  Because the game has unfair components to it, then you think sabotage is okay?  Besides, if you think pranks are good tools for low-level players, think again:  the high level players and heavy gold users would also have access to pranks, and they also would use them, potentially giving them even greater advantages,  plus they would be in a better position to buy more. 

It's one thing for the game to have an uneven playing field, but when the problems are added to it by player-on-player sabotage, it's makes it kind of ugly.  As I said, mean spirited. The players have fought long and hard to have the pranks removed, and it would be a pity if they were returned.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    If you count the runestone-value of all the material needed for one coat production, you'll find out, that it is even MORE WORTH than the result of the coat production. If you would sell the material directly for the runestones, you'll get 147.600 runestones. For the 120 coats you'll get 144.000 runestones. Thats simply less. Who would produce a coat now? Just a fool...
    @The Lonely Farm (CZ1)  This has been reported & is already being looked at by the balancer.

@jitu7 (IN1) Thankyou, this has been reported already & there was a different one on a favorite offer that has been reported too.

The pranks are mean spirited, and "leveling the playing field" by using them is frowned upon by many coops. Our coop doesn't allow using them. The game is hard enough with bugs and unfairness every where you turn ... we don't need more.
    Then do away with kites giving extra rep points, boosters and gold since some people live on fixed incomes and place people in events based on levels so that new people are not up against long time players.  Make the game more equitable for everyone.  To keep so many things that favor only some and not all is unfair.
    Your comparisons don't follow logic.  Because the game has unfair components to it, then you think sabotage is okay?  Besides, if you think pranks are good tools for low-level players, think again:  the high level players and heavy gold users would also have access to pranks, and they also would use them, potentially giving them even greater advantages,  plus they would be in a better position to buy more. 

It's one thing for the game to have an uneven playing field, but when the problems are added to it by player-on-player sabotage, it's makes it kind of ugly.  As I said, mean spirited. The players have fought long and hard to have the pranks removed, and it would be a pity if they were returned.
    Totally agree @artful (US1)
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

I believe that GGS will find out that many players started playing this edition of the Viking farm while being unaware of the unacceptable changes the game designers made.

Next time the Viking farm comes around participation will drop, use of gold will drop as well 

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    All I can say is I am glad I sat out this temp island. This was the first time since they introduced the temporary islands that I have decided to not play (mostly because of all the mess-ups with rewards and revamps of favorite events) . Seems it was a good choice.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

@gavinfarms (US1) We get asked for player feedback on new stuff, after it has had time to run for a bit & any changes normally come with the next run.  We do not usually get them while the event is still running, unless its a unplayable, as we all know what a mess that can make :/

I wish that this were remotely true.  GGS adjusts events all the time.  I never asked for prices as coats and tankards to return to their original prices, but they are too low.  The whole farm is badly out of balance.  But minor adjustments would solve most of it.  This is pure laziness by GGS.

The suggestions that you posted.....really?  Is it now a goal to encourage players to aim for a workaround?  Sure, sometimes workaround is required, but is it supposed to be the goal pushed by GGS?.....insanity
    PS.  I paid 16,000 gold for the extra workers.  I would like to be refunded.  Please inform me how to get this done.
  • All I can say is I am glad I sat out this temp island. This was the first time since they introduced the temporary islands that I have decided to not play (mostly because of all the mess-ups with rewards and revamps of favorite events) . Seems it was a good choice.
    The only reason I'm playing these island farms is the Versatile Fruit garden. It is helluva expensive item, but I wanted it so bad. I bought it for 39 million units, but I can't find it anywhere. Looks like another bug losing valuable items. Another thing is a mission when you need to collect 1440 (!!!) Rustic viking tankards. That is 17280 flax. LoL
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 25.10.2019
    @insomnia74 (INT1) depends on which versatile fruit you are talking about, there are 3, 1 for each farm.  The one on viking farm is for FF (olive, citrus selection). so should find it in inventory for flower farm, themed building.
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    PCA (GB1) said:
    You have obviously not seen the destruction and harassment some have endured at the hand of mean spirited players.
    There's all kinds out there.  Some use pranks to win and others use gold to win.  The end result is the same.  As far as I am concerned the pranks help level the playing field when low level players are paired up against people with fully developed and fully upgraded farms.

To think that people at level 80 can compete fairly against those in levels 300 and 400 is ridiculous.

So your solution is to prank them as if it was a choice made by those level 300-400 to compete against low level players

where is your logic I wonder  

That isn't what i posted.  The idea with pranking is that it 'can' help level the playing field.  It is just one item that a low level player  'might' use. It seems to me that all players at all levels use whatever they have at their disposal, like kites, gold and boosters, so why remove just the pranks.  Low level players are at such a disadvantage most of the time, its becoming second nature.  I guess its just a matter of so what if they don't have a chance at medals, deco prizes or GMLs.  I guess it all goes back to the underlying question of the Viking revamp.  IS IT FUN?  Being in a lower level and up against people in levels in the high 300's, NO it is NOT fun, not being able to medal.

If a prank destroys a certain percentage of say crops... I would venture the much larger farm loses more than the low level farm with most of its land still locked.

The game already is ugly and doing away with things that were already purchased and kept by long time players that new players can never attain, just makes it uglier.

The real pity is that the game isn't presented in a fair manner with a level playing field.
  • @insomnia74 (INT1) depends on which versatile fruit you are talking about, there are 3, 1 for each farm.  The one on viking farm is for FF (olive, citrus selection). so should find it in inventory for flower farm, themed building.
    Yeah, I know, I already have one Versatile garden built (apple/cherry), and I can remember where should I find it, but it isn't there :( I guess it will stay that way. My only hope is that when a Tropical Island challenge will be active, my Garden will also be in my inventory
    @insomnia74 (INT1) depends on which versatile fruit you are talking about, there are 3, 1 for each farm.  The one on viking farm is for FF (olive, citrus selection). so should find it in inventory for flower farm, themed building.
    Yeah, I know, I already have one Versatile garden built (apple/cherry), and I can remember where should I find it, but it isn't there :( I guess it will stay that way. My only hope is that when a Tropical Island challenge will be active, my Garden will also be in my inventory
    Have you checked the inventory on your main farm, under the themed building tab?
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 25.10.2019

@gavinfarms (US1) We get asked for player feedback on new stuff, after it has had time to run for a bit & any changes normally come with the next run.  We do not usually get them while the event is still running, unless its a unplayable, as we all know what a mess that can make :/

I wish that this were remotely true.  GGS adjusts events all the time.  I never asked for prices as coats and tankards to return to their original prices, but they are too low.  The whole farm is badly out of balance.  But minor adjustments would solve most of it.  This is pure laziness by GGS.

The suggestions that you posted.....really?  Is it now a goal to encourage players to aim for a workaround?  Sure, sometimes workaround is required, but is it supposed to be the goal pushed by GGS?.....insanity
    @gavinfarms (US1)
     LOL Check out the twitter side of the forum:---------------------------------->

You love games? A perfectly balanced game economy is a life long dream? That's what we're looking for - apply now as a Senior Game Balancer at @Goodgamestudios! http://bit.ly/2qMbPRH #goodgames #joboftheweek #career #gamesindustry #passion

Job of the Week at GGS, They are looking for a new Game Balancer...
    Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
    How much does it pay?

Would I have to move to Hamburg?
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    GGS, you have really messed up the viking farm. Cannot make more than 1 humus from 3 level 3 orchards?

Also, you decreased the amount so much of the tankards, it is taking too long to get the amounts needed for the chapter rewards.

WHY do you not think these issues thru before you make such drastic changes? The island farm rework was okay, so you had to tweak it so that it is not anything that someone would want to play?

This is HORRIBLE.

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Upgrade workshop to level 4 :)

And hm ;o

Most other steps are easier so far , not sure it will be that hard to complete :)

• @gavinfarms (US1) We get asked for player feedback on new stuff, after it has had time to run for a bit & any changes normally come with the next run.  We do not usually get them while the event is still running, unless its a unplayable, as we all know what a mess that can make :/

@gavinfarms (US1) I did not say that they never adjust them, we have seen the "fix" cause even more problems on several occasions, so they do sometimes try to fix running events, usually when the issue is bad enough to make it worth the risk. With regard to the price of coats, as far as we now know, they do plan to fix that, but I haven`t heard anyone mention tankards, is that the same problem, where the ingredients can be sold for more than the produced item?

As for your other question, I did not post any "workaround" & I am not even sure what bug it is that you think  needs a workaround. :/
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    PCA (GB1) said:
    I am in love with this new temp farm.

......Now i can make the 4th product cozy viking coat 5/6 times a day whereas earlier i used to make the third product only thrice a day. 

@Rocky123 (IN1)

Interesting !!!   Would you care to explain  how you can produce the viking coats 5/6 times a day given that each production cycle requires 5 hours 20 minutes ? 

And also why would you do all that if then when you sell all what you produced in 1 day will yield an income that is so much lower than you used to earn with a single run of the workshop ?

A quick calculation:

Old event: 
    1 run (8 hours) 120 coats, each sold at 12200 runestones.  Total = 1.464.000 runestones

New event:
    1 run (5 hr 20 minute) 120 coats, each sold at 1200 runestones. Total =  144.000 runestones

A 10 fold lower income against the ability to complete 4 runs instead of 3 assuming you stick around the farm day and night.

Take into account how much material you need to produce those coats and you will see you are better off producing flax and tunics, or even disregarding this ridiculous set up completely

It takes only 4 hours at max level .Also u get more dung and orchard products as their times have been reduced. So, its still a better way than producing flax or tunics which i used to do when i was at lower levels. U get 3 times more peacocks,tree groves,dung,etc than earlier in the same time now but yes they were compensated by ridiculous loss of value for products.

Yes, i checked and found better ways to earn runestones , deleting my posts . I agree that setup is quite painful to play with and produces less. 

PS : 
    I am now playing with only seal ponds lol. I am better off doing that and getting good amount of runestones(5M+ a day) by buying seal feed , need to only login thrice a day .
    http://prntscr.com/plhejd

Thankfully my friend Mohiuddin(IN1) let me know about this lol before i started to play with that.

18 (number of seal ponds in your pic) x 1800 (number of seals per max level seal pond) x 3 (max number you can do in 24 hours) x 38 (price per seal) = 3, 693, 600 max runes per day via your method

minus 54 (seal feed bought per day) x 8,999 runes per feed = 485, 946

total rune profit per day  = 3,207, 654 (not 5M+ per day)

an interesting approach and possibly the most rune profitable but you've overestimated by a fair bit (around 2M) how much you gain

that said, can't say i've seen a better approach tho depends how quickly it can be set up (without using gold or using very little), would take some time i imagine
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    It would be more seals if you have books
    edited 27.10.2019
    true but if that's where he gets his numbers from he should state that, cos low level books wont give 5M (level 1 will give you 4M before deductions), and higher level books are expensive  on the pocket, esp considering they're only of use intermittently

im not critical of the approach - as good as i've seen for generating runes in this uselss new viking, but the figures are way off (without books)
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 27.10.2019
    true but if that's where he gets his numbers from he should state that, cos low level books wont give 5M (level 1 will give you 4M before deductions), and higher level books are expensive  on the pocket, esp considering they're only of use intermittently

im not critical of the approach - as good as i've seen for generating runes in this uselss new viking, but the figures are way off (without books)

I get 2700 seals per pond coz i have lvl 5 book which i had bought with discount years ago. Its not that much costly considering i play temp farms whenever i can. Thats why my figures vary.
    I will also get level 6 when i get a good discount. 
    http://prntscr.com/pondb7.

3M+ is still a good number considering i used to play whole day for getting the same and now i seem to be enjoying less amount of stress and more stones :)

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Love the New Viking Farm, i am not using any gold at all and will do what i can, i dont expect to win it but happy with the amount of runestones i am getting
  • The Lonely Farm (CZ1)The Lonely Farm (CZ1) CZ1 Posts: 342
    edited 28.10.2019
    LOL Check out the twitter side of the forum:---------------------------------->

You love games? A perfectly balanced game economy is a life long dream? That's what we're looking for - apply now as a Senior Game Balancer at @Goodgamestudios! http://bit.ly/2qMbPRH #goodgames #joboftheweek #career #gamesindustry #passion

Job of the Week at GGS, They are looking for a new Game Balancer...
    Well, in my opinion, this is the reason, why the Viking farm looks like this. Someone (probably a cleaning lady or the person at the reception desk) got a task and this is the result. :smiley:

I was one of the players, who were able to finish all three parts of the Viking farm. It took some planing, a little bit of counting, you needed to use your brain a little if you wanted to manage it while living a common life - job, family, shopping, housekeeping, you know it probably. But even if you didn't pay, it was possible to find the way to finish.

Now I've got tons of fishes, tons of penguins, tons of dung and ferilizer, but I see no progress. It's a clicking machine. Crazy amounts of tankards, twelve (or I don't how many) productions of helmets - don't think, just click. Approx. 2-3 times more often than before. For the braindead clickers it's a paradise, for me it's simply disgusting.
  • With regard to the price of coats, as far as we now know, they do plan to fix that, but I haven`t heard anyone mention tankards, is that the same problem, where the ingredients can be sold for more than the produced item?
    No, this craziness is only about the coats. But to be honest, the other products aren't much better.

TUNIC
    Material value: 1800
    Product value: 4500

TANKARD
    Material value: 15000
    Product value: 18000

HELMET
    Material value: 52200
    Product value: 54000

As you can see, it's crazy. For example the helmets - only 1800 runestones of an added value for 3:20 long production in a workshop... not worth clicking. You'll earn more runestones/hour by growing sardines in one (level 1) field.
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    So, I just made my first sheep pasture on the viking farm, ever.

why are my sheep eating poop? what is this?
  • why are my sheep eating poop? what is this?
    I think it was probably the same drug, which caused sardines on the field...

I get 2700 seals per pond coz i have lvl 5 book which i had bought with discount years ago. Its not that much costly considering i play temp farms whenever i can. Thats why my figures vary.
    I will also get level 6 when i get a good discount. 
    http://prntscr.com/pondb7.

3M+ is still a good number considering i used to play whole day for getting the same and now i seem to be enjoying less amount of stress and more stones :)

fair enough but in future if you're gonna state strategies etc with figures (which is good thing), if you have library books (esp higher end ones) that should be stated cos they make a big difference, as im sure you know
  • Apollyon (US1)Apollyon (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    1440 tankards at 60 made each time.. entire event length if you play 2 hours per day
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Will the island farm be changed to this format that the current viking farm is in for the upcoming temporary farms as well?
  • GazFarmer (AU1)GazFarmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 92
    I have found the new viking farm good especially being able to buy workers and happiness with runestones good idea : )
Sign In to comment.