Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Farmers League

Comments

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 27.07.2019
    well if they are going by title then gold,sliver,bronze it makes sense i guess but why do that instead of going based on overall points which seems fairer because titles are given out by points which means someone could have 1 gold medal which is 1k points and 3 bronze which is 3,550 putting them in the second title  but someone could have 4 silver which is 3,800 which would also put them in the 2nd title group and getting 4 sliver  should be better then getting 1 gold and 3 bronze but because the one person has 1 gold and the other does not they rank higher 
    Post edited by ijrosh (US1) on
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I just used translator on the wiki page and I found something to help explain how the season rank is adjusted, I think anyway.

"Season rankings

The seasonal ranking measures the progress of the best players of the current season of the Farmerliga. All players who have earned at least one gold medal over their division rank will qualify regardless of their player level or title for the seasonal ranking.

Players are placed on the seasonal leaderboard by title. Players with the same title will be ranked by their total gold medals and then by their silver and bronze medals.

Your position on the seasonal ranking determines the rewards you will receive at the end of the farmer league season. Players who did not qualify for the Seasonal Ranking receive no Season Reward."

• chidzu (INT1)chidzu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 112
    As the season ranking requires at least one gold medal, four silver medals do not fit in the ranking.
    edited 27.07.2019
    As the season ranking requires at least one gold medal, four silver medals do not fit in the ranking.
    ok fine bad example how about 2 gold medals and 3 broze so 4,550 and 1 gold and 4 silver 4,800 so they would both be in the same title but the one with 2 gold and 3 bronze would be better then then 1 gold and 4 silver 
    edited 27.07.2019
    The points of medals are not reflected in the season ranking.
    Points are used when promoting titles.
    In the ranking, if the title is the same, it is determined by the type and number of medals.
    It arranges from the thing with many in order of gold, silver, and bronze.
    Two gold three bronzes are higher ranks because there are more gold medals than one gold four silver.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Yeap, its not that complicated :)

Just had to figure, variables

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    At this time the fact remains one MUST win at least 1 Gold metal in order to "Qualify" for the season rewards at the end of the event. 

- "All players who have earned at least one gold medal over their division rank will qualify regardless of their player level or title for the seasonal ranking.
     - Your position on the seasonal ranking determines the rewards you will receive at the end of the farmer league season. Players who did not qualify for the Seasonal Ranking receive no Season Reward."

Can for see a lot of co ops & farmers opting out on this event because of the reward set up let alone the group ranking to group farmers together for the event.

Should it not be based on a farmers efforts, say from the last 5 of the same involved events, regardless of player level? And group those farmers together?? Seems to me would be a much fairer way of grouping of farmers for the Farmer's League.
    The points of medals are not reflected in the season ranking.
    Points are used when promoting titles.
    In the ranking, if the title is the same, it is determined by the type and number of medals.
    It arranges from the thing with many in order of gold, silver, and bronze.
    Two gold three bronzes are higher ranks because there are more gold medals than one gold four silver.
    i understand what you are saying and i see how it is working i am saying i dont think it is fair for someone to come in 1st 2 times and 3rd 3 but beat someone who come in 1st once and 2nd 4 times that means out of 3 medals the 2nd person actually placed higher then the other but the other gets placed higher because they did better once 
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Well, i think its fine

If the person who participated in everything, gets better ranking

Than the one who did the fish silo, then did'nt do any mission in CC

edited 27.07.2019
    Well, i think its fine

but there not the one who got 1 gold and 4 silver actually had to place higher more times then the one who got gold 2 times and 3 bronze the person that is actually higher with 2 gold and 3 bronze probably did what you are saying there first would have been the first when FHW started then did not do as much so stayed in 3rd then got gold for the first one in CC and now staying in 3rd were as the other person got a gold as the FHW started then had to stay 2nd in rest then 2nd in all the CC probably having to work a lot harder then the person who got the 2 gold is what i am trying to say 

that is just a example of my point of course
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    The only game i know that like to cause confusion !!
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    When it comes right down to it .... there is no such thing as "fair" guys. Fair is in the eye of the beholder. When making game rules something can seem odd to some and reasonable to others and others again don´t really care. But there has to be a set of game rules and the creator(s) has to figure out what seems most reasonable.

Seasonal ranking is of sorts a game within the game. We can all play the game and harvest title rewards, but to be able to take part in the Seasonal ranking part one must have atleast 1 gold medal. That is the rule which we must accept.

How I see it ;) 
    When it comes right down to it .... there is no such thing as "fair" guys. Fair is in the eye of the beholder. When making game rules something can seem odd to some and reasonable to others and others again don´t really care. But there has to be a set of game rules and the creator(s) has to figure out what seems most reasonable.

Seasonal ranking is of sorts a game within the game. We can all play the game and harvest title rewards, but to be able to take part in the Seasonal ranking part one must have atleast 1 gold medal. That is the rule which we must accept.

How I see it ;) 
    yes i accept that that rule is fine i even understand it just not happy that a bronze can be better then a silver if paired with more gold but i will just not try as hard to get silver as for titles silver and bronze are only 100 point difference and if someone happens to have 1 more gold then me then my silver are useless anyways no point in trying for silver instead of bronze 
  • Well, i think its fine

That is probably why higher titles is first consideration of ranking. Then comes the medals - gold, silver, and bronze.
  • I think we need to see all medals to be able to work out what is happening, trying to do maths with only half the data is impossible.
    However, it is disadvantageous for the player because it becomes a segmentation of the ranking if it is clarified.
    Now, the medals below the bronze are not reflected, so the total ranking is less.
  • Marty63 (AU1)Marty63 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16
    Farmers League - good concept but totally unfair! Why group people together that have more than 50 levels difference, especially with championchips. Lower ranked players have not a chance in the world to get in the top 3 unless spending heaps of gold which a lot of players can't afford. UNFAIR!!!!!!
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 28.07.2019
    As a high level non gold buyer, I can see how this is going to be ok for non gold buyers come last event.  Last event you should be against all non gold buyers or not very active player giving every one chance to get a gold medal to achieve season ranking.  Gold buyers will get a lot more diamonds, as they should, but by the last round round everyone gets a chance for gold medal.

@Marty63 (AU1)   When it 1st started I was thinking the same way, but as it progressing it is making more sense.  I am hoping last event will be VF so if you help your co op you have very good chance for gold medal if you don't have any by then

PS I am making lots of typos ATM right hand in plaster making typing hard

• Marty63 (AU1)Marty63 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16
    @Byron Longford I get your point Byron but my comment wasn't really about the gold players, it's more about the grouping. How can a player compete with other players when there is such a big difference in ranking. I'm in the 170th and all other players in my group are between 200 and up to 250, that's what I meant is unfair
    BTW - your typing is fine :)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 28.07.2019
    @Marty63 (AU1)

the grouping come the last round, the way I am starting to understand it will balance out.  Look back I was saying the exact same as you 3 days ago.
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4127185/#Comment_4127185
      I think by the 3rd and 4th rounds we will see better selection of groups, I hope.  This FL goes for 14 days, but I have a  feeling future ones will be going longer.  The first couple of events each time FL start, I think we will see mismatch groups as it proceeds the groups will balance out,the more events, the more balanced  it becomes.

The reason I say future FL will go longer is there are 17 titles each title takes 2 gold as quickest way to achieve. meaning that FL would have to run at least 32 days to achieve, if you get all gold medals.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 28.07.2019
    @Marty63 (AU1)

the grouping come the last round, the way I am starting to understand it will balance out.  Look back I was saying the exact same as you 3 days ago.
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4127185/#Comment_4127185
      I think by the 3rd and 4th rounds we will see better selection of groups, I hope.  This FL goes for 14 days, but I have a  feeling future ones will be going longer.  The first couple of events each time FL start, I think we will see mismatch groups as it proceeds the groups will balance out,the more events, the more balanced  it becomes.

The reason I say future FL will go longer is there are 17 titles each title takes 2 gold as quickest way to achieve. meaning that FL would have to run at least 32 days to achieve, if you get all gold medals.
    I think it becomes faster as u progress @Byron Longford (AU1)  .
    I have 6 gold medals and if i get the the 7th i will be in the 4th title after gardener. Dont think we will need 2 as we progress further, not sure though. Similarly, if we get the 8th we might end up in the 5th title and so on i guess.
    The progress gets filled up by 75 percent of the title i think after experienced gardener title(instead of usual 50 percent), will be better if anyone else can verify too.
    http://prntscr.com/okyvfv

• RozZz (US1)RozZz (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    pretty sure we will be put in with a different group of players when the CC starts tomorrow and that group will go based on the CC score you have 
    I would not hold your breath on that one.  ;)

I was put in with a different group of players for CC than FHWE. I am in bronze league for CC and was put with players who are in gold league, didn't stand a chance. Others in my co-op and a couple friends in other co-ops are experiencing the same thing. 
  • there are 21 titles no way even with 14 gold you can get all, so it will have to go longer than 14 days in future
  • Faranth2 (AU1)Faranth2 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 318
    Does anyone know if the titles carry over to the next FL?
  • @Faranth2 (AU1)  on the help section, it states they are reset each time FL starts, sorry no carry over

• For everyone that says the event it totally unfair I have 100% proof.  Here it is : after the FHWE I had 3 gold medals - lovely and sat in joint 1st place overall with lots of other players that had also got 3 gold medals.  Great so far.  Then the cc started and I was put into a division with some players almost 200 levels higher than myself.  Not deterred I played on giving it my all, and so far have 7574 rep points for this cc.  The player heading my division deserves to be there as they have more rep points.  Again good so far.

Where it becomes unfair is another player in my co-op was also in 1st after the FHWE, has less points this cc than I do, but because they are in with more evenly matched players now sits in 5th overall whereas I am 11th overall.  So less rep points has a higher place due to the mismatch in my division.

I hope that makes sense it was quite difficult to word it.

I dont begrudge anyone their position, work hard, get a higher placing and genuinely well done to those right at the top (that must take some doing) - but I also really dont like things being unfair and there is the proof that the FL is anything but fair.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

I dont begrudge anyone their position, work hard, get a higher placing and genuinely well done to those right at the top (that must take some doing) - but I also really dont like things being unfair and there is the proof that the FL is anything but fair.

LOL  be glad it was weekend, or you would have been at work. Being busy at work as we know in the eyes of GGS cannot grant any sorts of medals to anyone

Farmers league is total nonsense if you ask me. The designers have been asked to multiply the situations where each player is in competition with everyone else and this is what they are doing. 

• Well its taught me one thing - make less of an effort - you get more medals that way! 

Players of very similar 'skill level' (as GGS call it) who had less points in the FHWE and less rp's in the CC now have way more gold medals than I do so are closer to getting the apartments.  I rather like the idea of taking it easy but ending up with more!  Should save a small fortune in both resources and gold too - plus my time when I could have been doing something else - like finding a different online game!

Well done GGS - another shot themselves in the foot event!

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    hmm now that the CC has ended, but the countdown timer is still ticking with approx 14 hours left. Can we take it that the next game will not start before the 14 hours have ended?

Since we have no idea of what task we can expect and when it starts I am uncertain ..... harvest or keep+wait. I can´t find the answer in the Help section. Quite irritating that it doesn´t´t say.
Sign In to comment.