Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

DEEP SEA FISHING!!

Hi Farmers,

I am relatively new to this game, been paying this game for about a year or so and have reached level 98. I was in a coop of 4 members till I was at level 93 or 94 and found that I was having good fun playing the game. No pressures at all, in any sense of the word. As I was the moderator or leader of the coop, I always mentioned to the coop members that the only requirement was that they needed to enjoy themselves. We remained as a small coop and I guess I was the most active member in it as I enjoyed the game, playing it almost everyday.

I am now a member of another coop, a much bigger one than what I was in, its fun, but totally different to what I was used to.

Anyway, what I was wanting to ask, was this. I have bought a fishing boat, a speedboat, equipped it with what was available and am ready to go fishing...but cant seem to find out how to send out the boat.  :(  :/  I have seen in other members farms, that they have ponds of various sea fish and shell fish, like Herrings & Tuna, Lobster, Crabs Etc.

So, what do I now need to do in order to start fishing?

I have checked the various discussions but cant seem to find any discussion which will help me.

so, farmers....can you take the time and explain what I need to do and how to go about it all.

Thanks

jason33

Comments

• Jason33 (INT1)Jason33 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 63
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    In order to unlock the deep sea fishing you have to complete a list of tasks, called Oleg's task list.
    Most have to do with fishing but not all of them!

Here is a link to @c@"CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)" 's website with the complete list:

Check out this site for all kinds of other info about Big Farm as well, it's helped me and countless others a lot :)

Hi Farmers,

I got some valuable help from some of you all....and got to know where I had got stuck...(^_^)....I have started on the 26 Tasks of Oleg the fisherman....reached task 13 and got stuck....cant seem to get the hang of collecting the pickerel fish....either the boats taking time to dock and I have to spend Gold to hurry it up and when I do, I catch a few fish and then kaput...I get a message stating that I am missing some vital part to continue fishing and as I go to get this vital part and come back, the boat gone and I have to wait for the next one to dock...or use Gold to hurry up the docking...This is extremely frustrating....

Have any of you Farmers found a way around this?....Please do let me know.....I don't want to spend all my time feeding the beast, without getting somewhere doing it...(^_^)

jason33
  • elb (GB1)elb (GB1) GB1 Posts: 100
    buy pickerel bait, load it into tackle box, also make sure you have enough hooks etc, manually fish to complete task
    Thanks, but how do I add the bait into the tackle box....

Thanks!!
    go to your fisherman and click on tackle box on left,click bait icon on top, drag your fish over from left to right, then click 'go fishing' when at sea, click box on left and ensure pickerel are selected, click to put one in pool,then catch fish
    Thank You!!
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    @Jason33 (INT1), this video will help you fishing in the mini fishing game. I made the video to catch catfish but you can us ny bait that you want.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m39QZuWPv1M&feature=youtu.be

Here is my page all about oleg.  https://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/oleg/oleg.htm

This video will help you fishing in the fishing reagon.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnnJ7Ct1bL4&t=213s

Here is my page for the Fishing reagon. https://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/dockyard.htm

Good luck
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

@Jason33 (INT1) 

Scratching my head here, thinking how is it possible that none of your coop mates of your very large and much fun coop can help you with any of this 

• @Jason33 (INT1) I was not aware that the game let you buy boats before you have unlocked the DSF region & are able to build them, it is no wonder that it confused you. We have reported it & I hope that you will soon be able to use your boat. :)
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    Or maybe they are talking about the boats on the flower farm... technically you buy those too.
    Thank you folks, your input has really helped me a lot. Especially the videos provided by CrazyBigfarm55

PCA, as explained in my first Post, I grew up :):) in a coop with only 4 members, I guess I was the most active member and grew to around level 92-93 and then decided to join a bigger coop and experience how it was. I have not really requested anyone from my coop to help in this matter as I was accustomed to learning on my own or through the help from the forum. I guess being a team member is something that I need to learn as well.. B)B)

Thank you WascallyWabbit.... I hope so too.  :):)

I would like to thank all of you who have helped me, I have reached this level from the 26 Tasks of Olegs that I need to complete....

Once again, thanks Farmers....

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

........ I guess being a team member is something that I need to learn as well ....... 

Yes that's it I think !  :-)

I too have some advice for you: when you hire a boat (by the jetty in flower farm)  select to send Oleg to fish and do not go yourself.

You will never be able to catch as much fish as he does, and whatever you fish costs you because you have to buy the equipment. Oleg instead goes offshore with his own gear

GL ! 

Hi GL,

Thanks, I need all the help and advise that I can get. Can you clarify a bit more on this, meaning to say, when I send Oleg out to fish, how do I get him to catch only a particular type of fish. As of now Oleg catches only Bass, Goldfish (Goldfish Rescue) and Bonito. How do I get him to catch other fish like Carp, Mahi-Mahi, Catfish, Pickerel?

I have got stuck again.... :(:(  I have reached Task 25, where I have to buy a Wooden Pole and a Large Bucket. I was able to buy the Wooden Pole, but cant buy the Large Bucket, it says...Required Medium Bucket....I have already purchased the medium bucket...so....how do I buy the large bucket....scratching my head here... ;)

Screenshots...

:|  :|

Can somebody help?

jason33
  • Vlad2014 (DE1)Vlad2014 (DE1) DE1 Posts: 210
    edited 25.07.2019
    you must buy all medium bucket  befor you can buy large bucket
    Thanks Thor!!

Just figured it out and came here to mention it and saw your post....Thank You!!
    Hi Farmers,

Guess what??

I completed the 26 tasks of Oleg.... :):) ...It sure seems like an achievement for me....would not have been able to finish this without all your help. THANK YOU!!

I need some further help though... :'(:'( ...

I have been able to deploy the first speed boat I had purchased before I had completed the tasks... o:) , anyhow now I have another speed boat, but finding it difficult to deploy...can somebody help and explain what I am doing wrong here.. :(:( :

Some screen shots to show where I am stuck...

Above is the first boat deployed...below is my stuck boat...

Thanks!!

jason33
    click on pool you want to fish, select boat, equip, click green arrow
    WOW!!!

elb.....Thank You!!

So easy when you know how, was trying everything other than the right method....Once again...Thank You!!
    Hi Data King,

Thank you!! Very kind of you to step in and contribute what you have. I will go through them and hopefully be able to discern how to go about deep sea fishing...Thanks once again
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Hi Data King,

Thank you!! Very kind of you to step in and contribute what you have. I will go through them and hopefully be able to discern how to go about deep sea fishing...Thanks once again
    You're more than welcome :) Take your time as it will be well worth your while to fully develop this area.
     Here's a great go to site that cover's almost every thing to do with Big Farm.

https://www.crazybigfarm.tk/
    Hi Data King,

Thanks a TON!!

This link will be most helpful as it has all the farms included in it and the what to do's for all of them. This is great. Got to go through them one and then I am sure I will be able to slip around the snags... ;);) instead of putting my foot in them.. B)B)
    @Jason33 (INT1) Depending on your current player level, hopefully still under 30,
     AVOID starting any temp farms til long after you have managed to get your Flower farm & have it developed to the point where you can make "Honey cream" on a regular bases. Why they made these temp farms accessible at such a low player level is beyond me :*
     This has to be 1 of the biggest & worst traps in the game.
  • its good to lvl your dockyard till you can makes skipjack or if reached 120 lvl dockyard to lvl 8 and makes trawler cuz they catch way more fish than low lvl one and max boat you can have is 14 boat 
    and most important try to not makes much chum or avoid them at all do not pass lvl 55 fishing till you got good fishing boats hehe fishing hardwork after that lvl is nightmare you fall in match with maxed trawler boats hehe
    Thanks Data King...I got stuck on some of the temp farms...learnt a lesson from that...now I concentrate on my regular farms...If you mean my all round player level, I am at level 100...The shop level on my Flower Farm is at 6...I think I can make 'Honey Cream'...sorry... :( ..don't rightly remember though...

Hi harvestmoonn....Thanks for the heads up...I have just started my Deep Sea Fishing Experience and have two Norfolk Wherry's and one covered Speedboat...I demolished two runabouts when my Dockyard level rose and its now at Level 5...I am aiming for Level 6 when I can purchase skipjacks and look forward to Level 8 when I can get Trawlers...or maybe someone will gift me some of them... ;);)

can you explain more about this...."do not pass lvl 55 fishing" did not rightly understand.. :( 

• In the fhwe, at fishing level 55 you will come up against opponents with much better boats than you, and thus the competition is much harder. So make sure you have a few skipjacks at least before you get there,trawlers are even better.
    Hi amazingrose....OK, understood.....what I would like to know....is it worth it building up a fleet, putting in all the effort, money, time, etc....against what returns come out of the Deep Sea Fishing expedition...?
    Hi amazingrose....OK, understood.....what I would like to know....is it worth it building up a fleet, putting in all the effort, money, time, etc....against what returns come out of the Deep Sea Fishing expedition...?
     Try not to max more than 2 of each type of ship below the Skip Jacks. Not worth having more than a couple of these smaller ships maxed. IMO. Also would suggest to only keep 13 ships on hand till all you need is maxed trawlers to be able to clear every fish pool.
  • @Jason33 (INT1),oh yes ,it will be well worth it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file