Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update July 1st - Summer Fun has just begun! - Discussion

Comments

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Welllll, seeing the game is still labled goodgamestudios.com and not stillfrontstudios.com I guess addressing it as GGS still applies. Stillfront owns a lot of other companies not carrying the Stillfront name, and how much they are involved in those companies other then rearranging management and harvesting money .... I don´t know.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Welllll, seeing the game is still labled goodgamestudios.com and not stillfrontstudios.com I guess addressing it as GGS still applies. Stillfront owns a lot of other companies not carrying the Stillfront name, and how much they are involved in those companies other then rearranging management and harvesting money .... I don´t know.
    Exactly. And the brothers still have controlling interest, and essentially responsible for running Big Farm.
    @AmazingMurphy (GB1) then you probably recognize my avatar! That was mine over in Gardens of Time! :)
    I played in Aquarius Guild. I moved to Facebook with the game, and quit shortly thereafter. I don't do Facebook anymore so no idea if that game's still there. I also don't 'Twitter' so I can't follow anything there either.
    Hoping GGS hears our plea for a calendar here since I've read many players aren't on those other platforms.

Edited to add: If GGS has plans to move this game completely to Facebook like Gardens of Time did - I fear that will be my last straw.  :(
    Me too!  I have had horrible experience with FB and have had to delete it from my computer system.  So if FB becomes the one and only way to play big farm I may have to kiss the game goodbye.  That will be unfortunate since I have invested much money and gold into my farm.   :'(:'(:(:#
      It's probably jumping the gun to presume the game will be moved to FB.  However, if that did happen, I for one would quit. When you sign on to a FB game, the gamer has access to all of your personal information, friends list, photos, posts, etc. No thank you.
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    GGS aka Stillfront only have one purpose to all those changes - calendar, FB etc. -
    they 'sell' MAU, DAU = (Monthly average users and Daily average users) to stockinvestors.

- sure they will get more of both now and surely their stocks will rise again. - They make so much money that it's unbelievable and that's why anything we say here would never change anything. (Even if everyone in the forum quit playing, they wouldn't really feel it.)

We are not the voice they listen to - value & money  talks and to that they listen.
    They have never had better results as this year - which should be a clear eyeopener for the rest of us - we all know pretty well, how the last year has been, lots of bugs and broken promises to fix them.

Now, let's start by not adresseing GGS here - the owners are Stillfront games. GGS in the form you all knew it is gone. This is not so much a farmgame anymore, as it's a automatic moneymachine.

-didah

I invented a name for them: Gold Grabbing Syndicate. How was that.  :D
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    LOL like all the ones that did'nt eave because of HTML 
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    I came looking for the calendar because I had heard it was moved to a third party website. You have a dedicated forum, what is the logic behind this? This decision seems needlessly inconvenient. How is it not possible to copy-paste whatever is on those third party websites to the forum?

To comment on jumping the gun: I have not been motivated to make an FB account thus far, and a farm game is not going to be motivation for me either. Additionally, I had no problem with HTML as long as it ended up working; I have a problem with FB regardless of whether it works. That is all.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 04.07.2019
    8 hours until the CC ends, and no idea what comes next !!!!!

removing the event calendar......how is that working out?
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 05.07.2019
    I see not much difference with or without a calendar ( talking for myself )

Trying to guess what will be coming is fun :D

When the calendar was there, all events were starting when i was going to sleep

So no matter what it was, I had to pull up a bit ( which was fine, because, i never set my objectives very high )

I just play and enjoy :)
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 05.07.2019
    I recently deleted Facebook i no longer trust that site because all your info on what sites you have visited right up to your spending habits, sites you visit etc are out there for everyone to see,  who is to say where your info is being sold to  once a website, game etc jumps on the wagon of FB nothing is secure any longer imo, and i would never sign into a game via facebook. FB is probably paying GGS for traffic coming to there site from the game why else would you do it if not for more income.
    LOL like all the ones that did'nt eave because of HTML 

Because we understood after a while the HTML worked OK and that it was not a choice by GGS. They were forced to switch to HTML.
  • CM_ArjunaCM_Arjuna Community Manager, Guest Posts: 99
    Hello there everyone, how are you all doing? 

Regarding the Facebook topic raised in this thread, I would like to let you all know that we have no plans in doing any kind of merge of Big Farm to Facebook, or make Facebook a must in order to play Big Farm. Our main page will always be the number one place to create an account or use your existing account, so no worries if you don't have a Facebook account or don't want to create one; It is not needed in order to play Big Farm.  : )

--
    CM Arjuna
    @CM_Arjuna
    Always great with some good news :) Thank you CM Arjana. Could you also enlighten us about announcements of coming evnts? Why they come so late? And is there any chance of the return of the evnts calender?

Cheers :) 
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    Hang a golden carrot in front of the events. They will come sprinting in overlapping streams.

The challenge of GGS is making the golden bait look credibly like a carrot. 
    And sometimes horses refuse to be duped by same carrot multiple times.
    So they must invent carrots of new breed and different appearance.
    This may take time, and we must allow for little delay for a great cause.
    There was no advance in-game notice.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
     :( 
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    And now a hotfix......and of course, no notice of that either.
    edited 01.02.2023
     :o 
  • Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)Sheila NOLA Gal (US1) US1 Posts: 138
    edited 05.07.2019
    @FarmerCli (US1) it will according to Wabbit :smile:

Edited to add - Well, it was supposed to.  Back from hotfix - still no ranking reward prizes here. :(:smile:

Edited again! Yay! We did finally get our ranking rewards! Thanks! :smile:

edited 01.02.2023
     :/ 
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 05.07.2019
    What's the ML?
    I'm getting all the alphabet soup mixed up.
    edit: never mind - master league doh!

• didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    Exactly. And the brothers still have controlling interest, and essentially responsible for running Big Farm.
    Sort of not :)
    https://venturebeat.com/2018/11/26/goodgame-cofounders-kai-and-christian-wawrzinek-give-up-operational-roles/
    I know, but if they have controlling interest, they ultimately have the power to control what goes on if they so choose.
    PSA:  England and Sweden not closed off for donations, so be careful, folks.
  • PSA:  England and Sweden not closed off for donations, so be careful, folks.
    Sorry for the delay, they should be gone soon. :)
    PSA:  England and Sweden not closed off for donations, so be careful, folks.
    Sorry for the delay, they should be gone soon. :)
    No apologies necessary. Just advising a headsup from someone who made a fatal error! :)
  • Just advising, mine is still open for England and Sweden as well.
  • They are gone now :)
  • thanks
    Yes, thanks @WascallyWabbit !!
    Less than 24 hours left on the HW and no notice whatsoever of the next event.  In-game notice.....just another promise broken.
Sign In to comment.