Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Word filter list

1235»

Comments

• ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    edited 21.05.2019
    I am trying to communicate with my coop farmer whose English is "not good" (according to her); so wrote a letter using google translator so that it would be translated into Vietnamese & I would copy/paste Vietnamese translation to her in the in-game PM.
    But lo! and behold, I am instructed to change the word "gay" in my Vietnamese translation. Here is the English text I've been trying to send her: "Hi, not knowing much English is not a problem; there is always a way. A little about me - I am retired; I knit and sew; I love to read. Sharing thoughts and ideas will become easier as we get to know each other. For now, have a great day."
    All are welcome to translate this into Vietnamese.  What do you get? I especially, am appealing to anyone who knows Vietnamese to tell me why my google translation will/cannot be sent? WHERE is this "gay" word??? I am so angry and frustrated that I cannot communicated with a coop member because of language.  I understand filters, respect, courtesy etc between peoples playing game.  SO WHAT IS GGS's problem?  I don't want her to leave coop because of language barrier.  Someone PLEASE HELP!!!  Thank you.

Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
    Now that I have calmed down a bit, I discovered that I CANNOT send PM to my coop farmer only in Vietnamese; BOTH English and Vietnamese must be sent. Sorry for ranting and raving, but I was totally exacerbated about being blocked because of filtering.  My son explained that if a sequence of "gay" appears alone or within a larger word, the filter blocks not only the word itself but also the larger word that contains "gay". So frustrating, but somewhat understandable...I guess.  Again, thanks everyone for your patience & understanding my "over-the-top" emotions.  Everyone have a great day.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 20.05.2019
    this is what google translater gives

it is the 3rd to last word ngày causeing problums translated to english means day so try changing it to night wich is  
    đêm
    đêmđêmXin chào, không biết nhiều tiếng Anh không phải là vấn đề; luôn có một cách.
     Một chút về tôi - tôi đã nghỉ hưu; Tôi đan và may; Tôi thích đọc sách. 
    Chia sẻ suy nghĩ và ý tưởng sẽ trở nên dễ dàng hơn khi chúng ta làm quen với nhau. 
    Ngay bây giờ, có một ngày tuyệt vời. "
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    yes if you change day to night it works or if you like a different word better but i just sent this one

Xin chào, không biết nhiều tiếng Anh không phải là vấn đề; 
    luôn có một cách. Một chút về tôi - tôi đã nghỉ hưu; Tôi đan và may; 
    Tôi thích đọc sách. 
    Chia sẻ suy nghĩ và ý tưởng sẽ trở nên dễ dàng hơn khi chúng ta làm quen với nhau.
     Để bây giờ, có một đêm tuyệt vời. "
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Not helpful, I know, but I have yet to figure out why I can't name a horse Serendipity. 
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    The same happens at SKN1 when ofc writing in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish. Some words containing letters forming a word that is banned in English are not accepted. I believe banning of words should follow the language one is writing and not soley English words. Especially when at another server then an English one.

It isssss annoying and it is not always easy to find another word to replace the one that is not accepted.

Cheers :smile:
    @Summer (SKN1) @artful (US1) @ijrosh (US1)  thank you all for responding.  I finally see where "gay" is in Vietnamese. I thought I was going crazy looking for just the WORD not a sequence of letters IN a word. Totally lost it there, but everything seems to have worked out well. I sent PM to her with both English & Vietnamese; it went off swimmingly. :smiley:  Yes, I agree it should filter for other languages, but as we all can see, it doesn't...sigh...maybe in the near future. Thanks again to all of you.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    heh and today I see a player at SKN1 using a shocking, shameful erotic nick. While using regular, ordinary Norwegian words containing letters that spell something unacceptabel in English are not allowed through. Yes, a filter should accompany the language in use and not soley the English language.

I am happy for you that you got your msg through :smile: hmm but having to write in both languages seems a waste of space and time.
  • IvyRaven (DE1)IvyRaven (DE1) DE1 Posts: 134
    Arsenic is just an element. Arsen in German.

• Lins31 (GB1)Lins31 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 9
    New word (english) = Peacock 
    (male version of Peahen) - contains c o c k 
    Useful for naming summer field farms :smiley:
    and also livestock grown on farm :blush:
  • I think they should END the word filter list. It is only used for private messages. If someone sends me a message that I find offensive I can block the user and be done with it. Problem solved.
    With the word filter list it causes more problems than solving. I get so frustrated typing basic messages to coop mates and everyday words can't be used because of this word filter list. GGS has provided a way to deal with unpleasant private messages already, it's called block!

End word filter list please!!
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 11.07.2021
    @AngelAngel9 (US1)

It would be better to repost in the Suggestions section to see who else agrees.

Only those wanting to add something to the whitelist will be looking here so you won't get any support for the idea if it stays here only

Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • @AngelAngel9 (US1)

It would be better to repost in the Suggestions section to see who else agrees.

Only those wanting to add something to the whitelist will be looking here so you won't get any support for the idea is it stays here only

Rosy thank you! For all of your help, tips, advice, hard work and good nature. :)
  • nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
    In English, I tried to use the word Perseverance to name my fishing region, but was blocked.  Please whitelist this word.  I was told by the moderators that the first five letters represent a very rude word in Finnish.
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    The swedish word "Höra" that mean "hear" in English is banned in the game :(
  • I can appriciate the way the filters are trying to remove obsene words and phrases from the chats and messages in the game, but sound alike words in the many languages spoken here, and words that look the same may be alright in english but not in say french,dutch german or other languages and we will end up not being able to chat at all in fear of violating obsene language restrictions. Even in English language groups like mine there are two or three who's primary languge is not english, but if others in the group can chat with them we can get along. My point being that even a simple typing error can also be flagged as obsene and it happens to everyone. Tone down the filters and if ppl don't behave in a group the leader drops them, or an individual does it, he or she is blocked and if it continues,chat with moderator and they can be dropped from the game. Filters that are in place don't work as there are many ways around them which can't be fixed properly. Drop the filters and let leaders control the groups and moderators the game. Thnx. 
Sign In to comment.