Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Worldwide Championship - WWC

Comments

• I also agree the server points shouldn't count - as the way it is currently operated is grossly unfair.  It means someone that has done half the work but is on a top performing server gets more coins than someone who plays non-stop and is on a lower performing server.  Just not right - hard work should be rewarded and not punished.

• Sam-chan (US1)Sam-chan (US1) US1 Posts: 783
    edited 18.11.2018
    haven't you understood that performing servers are golding servers and that golding servers are the ones that deserve rewards ?
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    and as I recall, the whole point of the WWC was that it allowed servers to compete against each other which players were asking for. Taking the server element out of the scoring totally defeats the object.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    and as I recall, the whole point of the WWC was that it allowed servers to compete against each other which players were asking for. Taking the server element out of the scoring totally defeats the object.
    I think people are just pointing out that server scores shouldn't affect individual scores and hard work. A better system would be to reward the top servers each week with whatever they seem appropriate, but have individual coin rewards be based on individual effort regardless of their server's ranking.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Can't we compete via the rankings alone, though? Must lower-performing servers (and/or less populated ones) be penalized on receiving WWC coins because of their population?

Everyone on the The "Top 3" servers in the rankings already get enhanced benefits for "winning" the WWC:

* The Architect for 1-3 days
    * A Deco with up to 250 Village Happiness Points (VHP) (for every player on the server)
    * Another (unknown) reward based on an individuals point contribution during the event (More WWC coins? I dunno, US1's never been in the Top 3). :)

It's just not right that regardless of how hard you work as an individual, the amount of WWC coins you receive is impacted by all the other players (on your server).

If it's noticeable on US1, which is a "middle of the pack" server, just imagine how much more obvious the disparity must be on the really low-performing servers like Brazil or Turkey.

I just feel that point-for-point, the payout of WWC coins should be the same for everyone; If you collect (for example) 100,000 points on US1 and get 1,000 WWC coins for that, then if you're playing on Brazil you should collect the same 1,000 coins for 100,000 points.

Maybe it's just me, I dunno. :)
  • Sam-chan (US1)Sam-chan (US1) US1 Posts: 783
    welcome in the real world : this is capitalism, where is there place for fairness under these circumstances ?
    if you are in the richest team you have more opportunities to win despite the small ones work harder
    I think people are just pointing out that server scores shouldn't affect individual scores and hard work. A better system would be to reward the top servers each week with whatever they seem appropriate, but have individual coin rewards be based on individual effort regardless of their server's ranking.
    But, depending on how you look at it, isn't that what's happening ? Each individual gets some coins based on their effort and then is rewarded with a load more coins based on their server's performance.
    This way every player on every server gets a reward rather than just those in the top 3
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 19.11.2018
    But, depending on how you look at it, isn't that what's happening ? Each individual gets some coins based on their effort and then is rewarded with a load more coins based on their server's performance.
    This way every player on every server gets a reward rather than just those in the top 3
    Where is this "load of coins" of which you speak?  LOL!  Yes, we do get some coins based on our hard work, but how many is determined strictly by the server. But people have given up even trying because their hard work seems unrewarded based on the few crumbs they end up receiving.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I must disagree @Uncle John (GB1), but perhaps a MOD could clear this up once and for all.

As shown in the imagebelow, it reads the amount of coins you will recieve depends on your personal progress and the rank your server ended up with. The server rank should be removed for the coin count and only count towards the server rank rewards. We should be rewarded for our personal work alone and the amount of coins should be increased.

My apologies @artful (US1), the thing I was trying to say was "it depends on how you look at it"; is the glass half full or half empty.
    let us say that you are on the top server and I am on the bottom one, we both work equally hard but you receive 500 coins and I receive 50. Is that because you were given 10 times as much as me for each unit of work or were you given 50 coins for your hard work just like me but then got a bonus of 450 coins because your server worked harder than mine on average ?

I'm not sure I've explained that very well   :¬) 
  • i think that it is fair if a player on server rank 10 gets 100000 points and gets 1000 coins a player on server rank 1 that gets 100000 points should also get 1000.

but on the flipside the top servers should get an extra reward but the server ranks should not affect coin distribution.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    uncle john i think i understand what you are trying to say something like be careful what you wish for because what if they do already have a baseline for points as in score 1k points get 100 coins and you are just getting a bonce depending on sever spot so if they actually got rid of the sever rank bonce if indeed it works that way then everyone except the severs on the bottom could end up getting a lot less coins then now because as crazybigfarm pointed out it says personal points and sever so i would think that they have a base amount that is awarded for so many points then either so many points for each sever spot or a small percentage depending on which sever number you are for instance last place 10 extra coins and 1st place 100 extra coins and those are very made up numbers i dont know how many severs there are 
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    @WascallyWabbit , @RowdyRac , @CM_Hunter

Following up on the exchange between @ijrosh (US1) & @Uncle John (GB1)  -  Can we get some clarity from the team on the breakdown of the WWC coins awarded each week?

I.E. of the total WWC coins rewarded to a player how many are are a result of that players rank on their server and how many are result of the overall server's rank among all servers?
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 20.11.2018

Following up on the exchange between @ijrosh (US1) & @Uncle John (GB1)  -  Can we get some clarity from the team on the breakdown of the WWC coins awarded each week?

I.E. of the total WWC coins rewarded to a player how many are are a result of that players rank on their server and how many are result of the overall server's rank among all servers?
    @Lylu (INT1) The issue was raised quite a bit during the 1st couple of WWC & from what I recall the calculation was done using a different exchange rate for converting points to coins, on each server ranking, so for example (using completely made up numbers) players on server ranked #1 might get 1 coin for every 10 points and those on server ranked #25 might only get 1 coin for every 50 points. There was a change at one point to lessen the server influence, so I will check that it is still done that way.

Personally I agree that there should be no server influence, the coins are a hard work reward & every players hard work should be valued equally, regardless of which server they got registered on, just from where they live - Anyhow it has been a while since it was discussed, so I have passed on the suggestion to Hunter, who is going to raise it again with the team.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183

@Lylu (INT1) The issue was raised quite a bit during the 1st couple of WWC & from what I recall the calculation was done using a different exchange rate for converting points to coins, on each server ranking, so for example (using completely made up numbers) players on server ranked #1 might get 1 coin for every 10 points and those on server ranked #25 might only get 1 coin for every 50 points. There was a change at one point to lessen the server influence, so I will check that it is still done that way.

Personally I agree that there should be no server influence, the coins are a hard work reward & every players hard work should be valued equally, regardless of which server they got registered on, just from where they live - Anyhow it has been a while since it was discussed, so I have passed on the suggestion to Hunter, who is going to raise it again with the team.
    Just raise a voice that we don't need such competition if  we play this hard and get only a bit of coins why not play only for your own and server sak
  • AudreyMe (GB1)AudreyMe (GB1) GB1 Posts: 10
    What is happening with the WWC? When is it starting?
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 01.03.2019
    Will I lose the points already achieved?  Shortest WWC ever 2hrs
  • harvestmoonn (INT1)harvestmoonn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 851
    edited 01.03.2019
    umm what happened to WWC its just finished?!?! why?
    am i gona lose  rewards i got and boost>?
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 01.03.2019
    Did the worldwide championships end early for anyone? It just popped up as being finished and I got some rewards for my rank. But it has only been running for less than two hours when it is supposed to run for 28 days.
  • WOW!!  That was the hardest world championships!!!!

We worked so hard!!!!  So long!!!!

It's finally over....

LOL

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!  

I told u to put time stamps into one routine...

Now how do we fix this mess?

• janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    What happened ? :) it's finished 
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    LOL  Yep, it's gone. I got rewards and the parking lot stand is gone!
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    stopped suddenly on SKN too - whats up?????
    edited 01.03.2019
    does this mean the leader after 2hrs is going to get a huge advantage of 1 week 1/2 production time?  And get to keep reward
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 01.03.2019
    well they cut down the time of the fhw and crapped out on the hw stuff

so im guessing this is the new version of the wcc

a little short but meh, whatchagonnado

• Dinno (SKN1)Dinno (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 19
    gone on Scandinavian server too. 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    does this mean the leader after 2hrs is going to get a huge advantage of 1 week 1/2 production time?  And get to keep reward
    They didn't take away our rewards when the cooperative hard worker event ended early so I presume that they most likely won't. Did you finish in 1st place?
    edited 01.03.2019
    I was 2nd when it ended, I was 1st 2 mins prior to that, they better not start again and keep rewards. otherwise not even worth trying to compete against someone with 1/2 production for 1 week

It will need to be cancelled, or remove rewards or delay for 1 week, only fair things to do.
  • GeryM (NL1)GeryM (NL1) NL1 Posts: 12
    Dat was een kort wereldwijd Kampioenschap:))
  • Its gone on the UK server too, only just came on and it left
Sign In to comment.