Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

HTML Feedback

Comments

• I don't know if I can pick only top 2, but here are the main reasons I still play on flash.....
    in HTML;
    - I have a hard time reading any text, it's blurry
    - On touch screen, I can not slide the farm from one side to the other without using the mouse (even with the mouse it holds it instead of releasing), and it doesn't click/harvest things the same as touch screen in flash (or just basic use in other programs...in HTML on this game, using touch screen just doesn't compute right)
    - The Zzzzs disappear without planting/starting something so I return with nothing to harvest in some areas
    - greenhouse ring menu moves to the left, unable to use it
    -and, it still has a lot of lag which causes frustration in many areas
    all this can easily take twice as long to accomplish anything at all

(I have all the same issues on both Opera and Chrome)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    For those of you who are complaining about "Blurry" Text.. Have you checked to see if you have ClearType turned on?

ClearType is Microsoft Windows setting that improves the readability of text.

To see if it's on, go to your Start menu and type "Cleartype" in the Search box at the bottom.

Click on "Adjust Cleartype Text" in the Start menu which should appear on Win7, 8 and 10..

You should get a box that looks similiar to:

Make sure the box is checked for "Turn on ClearType", and press "Next" to run through the process of picking the "best looking" text for your particular display.

Hopefully that will help at least a few of you.
  • ksrogers (US1)ksrogers (US1) US1 Posts: 40
    About three or four upgrades ago the arrow pointer suddenly changed to a capital I with both the top and bottom lines (or perhaps a capital H laying on it's side). There has not been an arrow for several weeks if not the past couple of months now.

It has been really hard to click on anything because you can't get it right where it should be. When the day came where you were supposed to use the arrow to scroll over your farm until it turned into a shovel to indicate where to dig something up to collect the Rudolph prize for the day, I was totally unable to do anything because the pointer would NEVER change to a finger or a shovel to indicate where to dig :(

Now that the candy event has been running, it makes it really hard to collect candy. The "I" does not just stop on the candy, but will pour over onto decorations or other things around it, so that when you click to pick up the candy, you end up doing something totally different.

So how long before the pointer actually goes back to the arrow as it is supposed to be?
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    This only happens in HTML for me.. never in Flash. When flash disappears, I will have to as well.  That "I" gives me a headache!!
    What browser are ya'll using?

I don't have that problem with Firefox, Chrome or Opera. I've read a few people saying that they have that issue with Edge, but BF doesn't support Edge (in fact Edge is going away, Microsoft is killing it).
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    What browser are ya'll using?

I don't have that problem with Firefox, Chrome or Opera. I've read a few people saying that they have that issue with Edge, but BF doesn't support Edge (in fact Edge is going away, Microsoft is killing it).
    Happens in Chrome, too, unfortunately. Not all the time, but when it does, I have to log out. (HTML, latest version of Chrome.)
  • I don't know if someone said tis already, but when I play a mission I can't click on my opponents names. It's a small issue :). I'm using chrome.

Greetz
    I don't know if someone said tis already, but when I play a mission I can't click on my opponents names. It's a small issue :). I'm using chrome.

Greetz
    @stefanjoosse (NL1)

You have to click on the "Participating" light.

• I don't know if someone said tis already, but when I play a mission I can't click on my opponents names. It's a small issue :). I'm using chrome.

Greetz
    @stefanjoosse (NL1)

You have to click on the "Participating" light.

Ah thanks! :)
  • Ah yes...pretty much the same info and headaches with my pooter with this game mentioned in several posts by aquilawolf(US1)...and NO I didn't get to finish the end of that advent calendar either. HTML version is not agreeable and I might get 5 mins and everything is jumping around with a mind of it's own and no cursor nor control. Can chat on HTML for 5mins to say hello but any communication (chat or co-op link) with your Team freezes the game...so much for enjoying and progressing. Some team members still can't play the Fishing Region...and It's hitNmiss for the most part with no cursor control Not a very happy place you guys after a couple of years playing. I don't play any other games. So disappointed
  • steve p. (US1)steve p. (US1) US1 Posts: 37
    O.K. I just receved a chrome update. After the update, the chrome stoped the madnes and decided for flash version. I can not transfer to HTML5 as it redirects me directly back to FLASH version. On firefox maddnes continues and the game constantly swiches between the two versions. Like a card that has a "turn around" written on both sides.

O.K. I just receved a chrome update. After the update, the chrome stoped the madnes and decided for flash version. I can not transfer to HTML5 as it redirects me directly back to FLASH version. On firefox maddnes continues and the game constantly swiches between the two versions. Like a card that has a "turn around" written on both sides.
    @aaabbb1 (INT1)  Firefox & Edge should be working, but it turns out that older versions of Chrome (and probably Opera too) are also working, so it makes sense that Chrome no longer worked after it updated to the latest version, at least not yet.

We are not sure what the deal is with the flashing that is being reported, but we will find out as soon as we can.

I can't understand all the flipping mess ups that are going on with this game, things that were  "Just Fine "  have been, so called  ' FIXED '  but are now screwed up.  And the Hard Worker events, that with " Hard Work"    I actually had a chance to complete,  are now virtually impossible to finish. Even the fishing event that I could rely on, now has been changed to a shorter IMPOSSIBLE TIME. What in the world is going on with the GG management team. Are they trying to cause players to quit, or is there another reason for there madness. This game is getting less and less FUN.   Common GG SMARTIN UP.   Stop fixing things that are NOT broken.
  • For those of you who are complaining about "Blurry" Text.. Have you checked to see if you have ClearType turned on?

To see if it's on, go to your Start menu and type "Cleartype" in the Search box at the bottom.

Click on "Adjust Cleartype Text" in the Start menu which should appear on Win7, 8 and 10..

Make sure the box is checked for "Turn on ClearType", and press "Next" to run through the process of picking the "best looking" text for your particular display.

Thanks for trying Southern, but I do have clear type on.  I can read everything everywhere just fine, except in HTML version of this game.  "Blurry" may not have been the right word, it's more distorted, like the change in font is oddly stretched. The pictures for the customers who walk up to the market are the same way; the picture is the item, but it's just not quite the same, perhaps a little stretched or distorted is the best I can explain it.
    For those of you who are complaining about "Blurry" Text.. Have you checked to see if you have ClearType turned on?

Thanks for trying Southern, but I do have clear type on.  I can read everything everywhere just fine, except in HTML version of this game.  "Blurry" may not have been the right word, it's more distorted, like the change in font is oddly stretched. The pictures for the customers who walk up to the market are the same way; the picture is the item, but it's just not quite the same, perhaps a little stretched or distorted is the best I can explain it.
    @Lisa Oliver (US1)

Ok, THAT sounds more like a Scaling problem, where the display isn't scaled correctly for the monitors current resolution.  That usually happens when the monitor is not set to its "Optimal" resolution.

Not an easy way to fix that without going into Display Settings and either mucking around with Text DPI Scaling (100%, 125%, 150%, or custom settings), or changing the native resolution on the monitor, and the steps for both of those vary from Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

I.E., it would probably look perfectly fine in 1024x768 (as pretty much all monitors support that resolution natively), but picking an oddball size like 1680x1050 might cause distortion.  If you're technically savvy enough, try cycling through a few different resolutions and see if the blurriness clears up at a different resolution. :)
  • matt14696 (US1)matt14696 (US1) US1 Posts: 54

@Southern (US1)

You are a treasure. Very helpful to those who have issues in this game. Thank you :)
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388

@Southern (US1)

You are a treasure. Very helpful to those who have issues in this game. Thank you :)
    I second that :)
  • WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267
    @steve p. (US1)

That flipping thing was resolved the same day that was reported. Are you still facing the problem?
  • whiziwig (US1)whiziwig (US1) US1 Posts: 1,262
    I third it for @southern (US1) am totally not puter savvy but can understand what's said, whether I could make it work is another story..LOL

Happy New Unbuggy Year
  • i fourth that @Southern (US1)  you should be given a badge "extremely helpful"
    i fourth that @Southern (US1)  you should be given a badge "extremely helpful"
    Thanks, but already have one. :)

• oh well, you should have 2!
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    This may not be the right place to post this so move if need be.

I have 3 problems to report.

My coop member are all complaining that if they play in Html the game is slower than molasses on a cold day. A most have told me to to missions on flash is a waist of time the lag is so bad.

Loading seems to take a long time as well. 

I have noticed the lag (for me as I do not play missions) is the worse on Fishing screen. To equip the boats take so much time it is nuts. 

The next problem myself and my deputies are having is both in html and flash none of us can start an upgrade in the village. The only way to get one to start is by getting 8 player to vote. It has always been a choice to get 8 people to vote or the leader or deputy to start. Now you can not click on start even if I am the leader. The button is grayed out.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I am experiencing so much lag in the game that is is taking me fully 12 seconds to harvest and replant one field.I want to play, but the lag is making me hostile.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 02.01.2019
    My Problem's>
    1. Curser still changes from ( Arrow ) to a ( I )
    2. Lag still sometimes.
    Thank you., also I had to go back to Edge 44/Bing browser, cause after the scare of others getting Hacked in Google, I deleted Google.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    You bees have been busy!

Thanks so much for your comments and priorities everyone, it helps a whole heap.

@Southern (US1) already has a badge for being super helpful, but we CMs have heard you and given a small thank you gift for Southern on your behalf for the help, not just in this thread but in general. So thanks Southern, on behalf of the BF Community!
    Thanks @CM_Hunter and everyone.. I appreciate the kudos, and while I try to be helpful where I can, I don't feel I do any more than countless others here who answer questions and help others, donating their time & effort towards the BF community. Truely, you all are the ones who make the BF community great, and I'm just happy to be a small part of it. :)
  • For those of you who are complaining about "Blurry" Text.. Have you checked to see if you have ClearType turned on?

@Lisa Oliver (US1)

Ok, THAT sounds more like a Scaling problem, where the display isn't scaled correctly for the monitors current resolution.  That usually happens when the monitor is not set to its "Optimal" resolution.

Not an easy way to fix that without going into Display Settings and either mucking around with Text DPI Scaling (100%, 125%, 150%, or custom settings), or changing the native resolution on the monitor, and the steps for both of those vary from Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

I.E., it would probably look perfectly fine in 1024x768 (as pretty much all monitors support that resolution natively), but picking an oddball size like 1680x1050 might cause distortion.  If you're technically savvy enough, try cycling through a few different resolutions and see if the blurriness clears up at a different resolution. :)
    Thank you again @Southern (US1) ;  I tried it.  1024x768 was even worse, couldn't read a thing.  Out of all trials, my "recommended" settings look the best, although still not great.  I still don't understand how any of this would help though, everything else / everywhere else I go on the computer I can read just fine.  It's only in this game that I can't.  :-( 

I ditto those other remarks ..... in many other topics here, your comments and suggestions always help so much.  Thank you for helping us all out!
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well fellow farmers, I finally did it.  A VERY LONG overdue upgrade.  I DETEST upgrading.... always have.  It ALWAYS breaks stuff.  More of a downgrade really so I put this off until there is literally no choice.  With Flash on it's way out, more and more sites are recoding everything and my old browsers just can't handle it.
    So finally....

My daughter came over to help.  She can troubleshoot the assorted issues far faster than me. 
    So... I went from 10.8 to   10.13.6 (not THE highest, but the one she already had on a flash stick.)
    Backed up what I had just in case I want to back up.  (never a bad idea to do even though it rarely ever happens.)  then here we go.
    New OS.  Updated Firefox,  took her all day to set that up.  (Mind you, she's a computer programmer/engineer already so spends a lot of time blocking all sorts of garbage pre programed into your computers that you do NOT need.  So clearing out the built in garbage is beyond my ability.  Watching her flip through all the internal menus and code etc... just amazing.)
    THEN of course all my adblocking add ons were outdated.  Had to re do all of those.
    She tried to explain how adblock detecting sites work and how to get around even that.  It's like an ongoing war.
    Then the testing of stuff and debugging began.   Believe it or not MOST of my stuff wasn't hurt.  Only a few minor issues with things, mostly stuff I never use anyway so just trashed it all.  She fixed the few issues that came up as with any upgrade. Like losing just about every setting I HAD set... grrrrr. Did I mention how much I HATE upgrades???? >:)

Safari use to be my top browser but oh wow... Apple really killed that.  She told me she already gave up on it long ago.  Then showed me why.   Launched the new "upgraded" safari.... wait.... wait..... beach ball, wait...
    go out for breakfast.... wait.... read a book, wait....   wow.  What a pile of useless dung that is now?
    FINALLY.  Click on google...... wait.... wait.... great upgrade huh?  I went from high speed cable internet to pre 1997 dial up speed.  Yup, safari shot to the bottom of the list of anything I'll be using again.
    So FIrefox for me.    Been using it for awhile now, getting use to it's many issues I don't like.  But.. After this upgrade it's actually as quick as my old version of safari use to be.
    She did install Opera as a back up.   (Always need one back up browser at least.)

So tonight I got to test this game on my new improved stuff.   FAST as can be!!!!!! 
    I switched to HTML5 and no problems what so ever.   I tried going back and forth a few times and on different farms.  Glad to report not a single glitchy issue. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THEN..... bit of a side story, just so excited here.   ha... she surprised me with a nice big, drawing tablet!  WOWZA!!!  Got that set up, showed me how to move photoshop from my main monitor to the one next to me now and back and forth like that. 
    This thing is so cool!!!!!  The pen tool is pressure sensitive and ANGLE sensitive.  It literally can write like a marker, or calligraphy pen... I tell ya I was like a kid in the candy store here.
    They with a silly grin on her face, she informed me this was so I could design a logo for her.  lol...  so ok cool. 

Well.... here's my problem. I know photoshop well BUT never really used it to draw with.  Face it, painting with a mouse just isn't the same as with paint and a real brush.  Great for photo retouch and fun stuff but never tried actually painting with computer tools.   So to me this is kinda like learning to draw from scratch.
    And my first attempts look like something a 4 year old would do.
    BUT I'll get there.  Actually rather be doing that than clicking this game all day.  (Sorry GG, I'll be very scarce for awhile.  Sure keep hoping you find a way to come up with events that do NOT require endless time on here for days on end.  Already gave up on the latest event running. Just too much, too long, no rewards.)

I'll still have my morning coffee, news on one side of my screen and my clickity farm on the other.  So once a day at least.   Can't let this addictive game go.  I have tried.  lol.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 07.01.2019
    Well now this morning the game will not load at all. 

ug, nevermind. Had to go through goodgame's main site but that did it.  I think I left it in HTML mode when I quit last night and probably need to fix my bookmark now.   Hope that's all, but going through their site worked.
This discussion has been closed.