Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Decoration Valley!

Comments

• I HATE that to demolish bushes my normal building slot is required. this is not a real place, building decorations doesn't take time, even gold can be saved by collecting those tickets( or what it is called), but our beloved team found the way to shake some gold out of us, or at least make the gameplay even less enjoyable(waiting times are killing me, and i'm sure i'm not the only one).
    @Borgia (SK1) The Deco Valley does not use a building slot - For the first few minutes after the update it did, but that was fixed pretty fast.
    I'm not sure where these certificates you all talk about come from. I haven't noticed any and they want $100,000 to buy a square!  I play many hours a day. give me a clue!
    Debbie
    @DebRN (US1) Once you have unlocked the 1st plot the permits will drop from both mills, bakery, shop & Mermaid bay restaurant, collect them to open more expansions without using gold.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    So I would PAY for the first and then earn the rest?  Hmmm... NOPE!
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    So I would PAY for the first and then earn the rest?  Hmmm... NOPE!
    Actually, every time you aquire a new plot (free with permits) and clear the weeds you get an amount of dollars, so you'll get the initial 100.000 back quite quickly.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 22.12.2018
    Don't like the rebuild time. I've been playing around with it. Decos that you put back into your drop box from the DV to replace on your farms will have a rebuild time when you put them back on your farm, even if there is no Village Happiness to them. This could slow things down if you're using it for seasonal storage, which I had planned to do. Scratch that option off my list.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 22.12.2018
    @artful (US1) I just took a halloween deco (no VH) from the Valley and then went back to its farm and there was no rebuild time... It should be just like having it in your inventory.

by any chance do you have the bug where when you take something out of the Valley it goes to dropbox? maybe that is why you have a rebuild time on non VH decos...
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    JVD (US1) said:
    @artful (US1) I just took a halloween deco (no VH) from the Valley and then went back to its farm and there was no rebuild time... It should be just like having it in your inventory.

by any chance do you have the bug where when you take something out of the Valley it goes to dropbox? maybe that is why you have a rebuild time on non VH decos...
    Don't know if I have the bug or not. Rebuild happened with every deco I've tried (none had VH.) The last one was a deco I had previously built on my GF and later placed in local inventory. Placed it directly from local inventory into DV. Took it from DV and it went back into local inventory. Placed it back on the GF -- build time.  Just for fun, put it back into the drop box, then back on the GF -- no build time.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Loving what y'all have done with the place! Keep it up, let's see some more of those creative Valleys and go wild!
  • Brian22 (GB1)Brian22 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 23
    It is just another money grab. It does not offer any bonus for the expenditure.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 23.12.2018

I hope next year we can use the unwanted certs for Satan's workshop
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 23.12.2018
    First thoughts about the Decoration Valley: I really wasn't anticipating much and I have not been disappointed. A lot of fanfare and not much else. GG Developers' time could have been better spent fixing bugs IMO. 

At least it helps a little with decoration storage. I cant imagine ever going to other people's farms to look at their deco valley.  I guess I'll put some of my holiday decos there.

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 02.02.2023
     <3 
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    edited 23.12.2018
    My theme for the deco park right now is also Christmas, like some of the above.
    I'm from South Africa so it has a little extra twist :)

Christmas in the Northern Hemisphere:

Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere:

Co-existing peacefully on my farm:

Smile a little. Enjoy the game.  It's a game.
    Best wishes to all for the season !

• nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188

I hope next year we can use the unwanted certs for Satan's workshop
    i hope you can too  :)
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    My theme for the deco park right now is also Christmas, like some of the above.
    I'm from South Africa so it has a little extra twist :)

Christmas in the Northern Hemisphere:

Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere:

Co-existing peacefully on my farm:

Smile a little. Enjoy the game.  It's a game.
    Best wishes to all for the season !

Yes the best climate ever :)  sunny SA  is the best , and our co-op is the best  :)
  • Randalyn (US1)Randalyn (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    If this is just an extension for storing our decorations, and no real purpose to excel in the game, why not just open all the slots instead of keeping a construction slot busy to expand a non-contributing area?

This is a good idea to organize and see all decorations in one place, but I do not see paying for it. 
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    Mine's all decked out for Christmas as well. Happy and safe holidays to everyone!

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 24.12.2018
    WascallyWabbit said:
    how are things looking in Decoration Valley? Post your screenshots to show us, let us know your 1st impressions, your suggestions for improvements, any ideas for additional uses for the feature.

Here's mine, Merry Christmas everyone!

First impression: I thought I wouldn't know what to do with it as it doesnt count happiness-wise, but then I got really into having all my xmas deco in one spot :blush:

Wishes for improvement:
    1) Have a separate building slot for this farm for demolishing land so it does not occupy the others (was paranoid i would lose my 50 point slot one for a 10min demolish)
    2) Let the village happiness count for the decos that are put out here
    3) Have Frida make some more Horizons for the decoration valley too please :smiley:

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571

"Dragons like to watch football then nap in a hammock on a lazy Saturday afternoon"
  • It's not a "bad" idea, and the certificates are pretty easy to acquire.  My question: exactly what is the point in upgrading the fence and gate???  I see nothing that indicates a happiness boost from doing so.  Just wondering...

R

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    It's not a "bad" idea, and the certificates are pretty easy to acquire.  My question: exactly what is the point in upgrading the fence and gate???  I see nothing that indicates a happiness boost from doing so.  Just wondering...

R

No benefit other than aesthetic.  Per Wabbit, they copied the fence and gate from the Gourmet Farm, but the happiness has no effect.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Ooh, I like the use of all those unicorn and steed decorations, Seeker1.
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Couldn't be less interested if I tried really hard.
  • Nelie (NL1)Nelie (NL1) NL1 Posts: 21
  • It doesn't suit my needs.  I want my farms to be symetrical (I know, I know), which is impossible to do with decorations.  I would like a separate plot(s) of land on each farm where I could put my decorations.  Everyone could see them.  My happiness level would be fine.  My farm would be neat.  Maybe NW of the parking lot?  I would LOVE this.  Alternatively, if we could move all our decorations from farms to Deco Valley and happiness would not be affected.
  • GOO (SKN1)GOO (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 240
    I opened the deco farm, but I have no use for it..Can we get rid of it somehow after opening??? So that I have 1 farm that I don't use less in the side bar.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
     Perhaps one of the MODs could ask the team if we could have decorations for the fence. We need no happiness on the deco farm to justify upgrading the fence but the upgrades could earn us a decorated fence and gate. Each upgrade could grant us a different holiday of fence or gate trimmings that we could select from for each holiday.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Nice idea!
    They said they want to do different things for the Decoration Valley than in the regular ones.
    A LOT of possibilities!
  • If I have extra deco's I'd sooner scrap them for the parts and increase the happiness on my other farms, so for me I dont actually see much point in this feature.  I can see its nice for deco collectors though.  

But I can think of far more important things the dev's could have/should have been working on, like fixing the bugs, sorting out the unreachable numbers for rewards on the HWE's etc.  But they wont be doing that all the time people are willing to buy gold for make this new feature look nice.  
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    If I have extra deco's I'd sooner scrap them for the parts and increase the happiness on my other farms, so for me I dont actually see much point in this feature.  I can see its nice for deco collectors though.  

But I can think of far more important things the dev's could have/should have been working on, like fixing the bugs, sorting out the unreachable numbers for rewards on the HWE's etc.  But they wont be doing that all the time people are willing to buy gold for make this new feature look nice.  
    I totally agree and that is where the problem lies, players moan that there is too many CC's running each month but this will not change whilst they are getting income from players as i have said before it is down to the players, GGS really needs to work on the more important things like fixing the bugs,Stop diluting the prizes from the events, make events more fun and interesting like adding better decorations ( smaller ones with better happiness on them) because how things look to a lot of players is the events are not worth doing. If there where better decorations to win then more would be happy about doing them. Same as the cc's we can only fit so many large ducks,cows on our farms so what is the point in spending real money on something we dont even want. That is why i have stopped buying gold, why should i pay for something i dont want. Now down to lag, i have a really good pc especially made for gaming so this game should run as smooth as butter on my pc but it is way too laggy, and the issue is with the game not my pc or internet connection, GGS needs to sort out what in there game is causing the lag. Start listening to players. You say you do and you take on board what players say, but this does not show. Diluting gifts, removing things that the players where happy with and running broken events is Not listening to players.
Sign In to comment.