Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

HTML Feedback

Comments

• connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Not sure if this has been reported but I just started using the html on google chrome a couple of weeks ago. During the CC we could click on the players who we were in a mission with with flash. Is this not possible now with html?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Not sure if this has been reported but I just started using the html on google chrome a couple of weeks ago. During the CC we could click on the players who we were in a mission with with flash. Is this not possible now with html?
    @Krislilwife2004 (US1)

You have to click on the red or green "participating" button in the HTML version:

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Please forgive me if this has been reported, but I'm having a terrible time placing decos. When you click on the "X" and click on where you want the deco, the deco disappears, but the "x" remains. You have to click several times to make the deco reappear and then get placed. And it's not always exactly where you want it. The same goes for rotating -- instead of the deco staying where it is and just rotating, it moves along with the cursor.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    (...) having a terrible time placing decos. When you click on the "X" and click on where you want the deco, the deco disappears, but the "x" remains. You have to click several times to make the deco reappear and then get placed. And it's not always exactly where you want it. The same goes for rotating (...)
    I have the same issues when placing a deco. It is definitely easier and more straightforward on Flash.

(My browser: google chrome Version 70.0.3538.102 Official Build, 64-bit)
    (...) having a terrible time placing decos. When you click on the "X" and click on where you want the deco, the deco disappears, but the "x" remains. You have to click several times to make the deco reappear and then get placed. And it's not always exactly where you want it. The same goes for rotating (...)
    I have the same issues when placing a deco. It is definitely easier and more straightforward on Flash.

(My browser: google chrome Version 70.0.3538.102 Official Build, 64-bit)
    Thanks for posting your browser specs ... I forgot ... I'm on the latest version of Chrome.

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 26.11.2018
    CM_Hunter said:
    CM Hunter, I play on a touch screen  computer not a mobile device, the fact that the touch screen doesn;t work and rhe curser still gets stuck in various places in a fist when you try to move around much makes these search events almost impossible
    It's very possible then that this is related to the touch screen device you are using. We didn't design the game with this in mind particularly. But I would also guess you're therefore on Windows 10 and using the Edge browser? If so, try using a different browser and maybe your mouse cursor will behave a little better on the touch screen. If I'm way off and you're not on Windows 10 or using Edge then it could still be worth trying an alternative browser but it would be great to know if this also happens when you plug a mouse in if that's possible!

@Southern (US1) @paroma (IN1) Problem is known to us and should already be fixed on our side, we'll try and put the fix live with our next update and then if you could report back after that to let us know if the issue still exists that would be top banana.
    So basically your saying if we are on Windows 10 and have Edge that We ourselves have the problem and have to change our Browser, instead of it being Fixed by the Game Team themselves who created the problem in the first place within the game? if that is the case then How am I suppose to change My browser when Edge is built into My computer, and tells Me that Edge is the only one it excepts  ? , I tried to add in Google again when I first got this PC, and it told Me Edge was the only one it excepts, so that won't be happening , nope. so I guess that when Flash is gone so am I then , and all that work on My Farms was for nothing, the only problem I had in the HTML, was the curser going from the ( Arrow ) to a ( I ), otherwise the game was fine,  so I guess if I want to play in HTML I will have to put up with the Bad Curser aye,  since I am being told basically that it is My problem anyway , gee thanks, I will have to give that some more thought then I guess as to if I want to bother to play in HTML version then.
  • I have Windows 10, installed Chrome and Firefox, no problems. I set Chrome to my default browser, but can use all three. 
  • the new announcement that appeared asking to take survey on HTML does not let u answer the last question - which asks if flash taken away would u continue to play on HTML

my answer is no

when I go to HTML I lose my chat bar and game runs poorly, slow, long loading times - can't u leave both flash and html up??????

• GOO (SKN1)GOO (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 240
    edited 26.11.2018
    I can't use HTML at all. I have a laptop with touch screen and when I switch Flash to HTML everything freezes in my screen, I can't move a thing..so I cannot play at all with HTML...and additional info, I use google chrome as my browser.

So if you plan to stop using Flash in the near future..that will stop my gaming for good.. 

I have heard of similar problems with other players who also use touch screen..
    Post edited by GOO (SKN1) on
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 26.11.2018

Your survey needs another question

Does the game freeze in HTML?

My answer is yes. No matter which browser I use and it makes the game unplayable in HTML

Windows 10 laptop, IE as primary browser.

Oh and here's an idea for your next survey

How often should there be a cooperative event?

O  Once a week

O  Twice a month

X  Once a month

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554

How often should there be a cooperative event?

O  Once a week

O  Twice a month

X  Once a month

O  Once a week

O  Twice a month

O  Once a month

X  Every 3-4 months
    Just a *For What It's Worth* -

I just had a "gotta go change my underwear" moment.

I logged in with HTML, (Opera, Version:56.0.3051.104), and started working my farm.  Everything LOOKED normal.. Until I went to apply Fertilizer to my Cherry Orchards.

*Click, click*.. *Popup*.. "Would you like to buy some Premium Fertilizer?"

Umm.. No, I should have plenty...

*Click, click*.. *Popup*..
    "Would you like to buy some Premium Fertilizer?"

Ok, what's going on..

*Click*.. *Reads*.. "Premium Fertilizer in Stock: 0"

Nonononononononono..

*Close Opera*...  *clear cache & cookies*... *Reload*:

*Whew*.. That was close. I was about to commit hari-kari.

Lesson Learned - anytime something may not look right, delete cache & cookies and reload. :) 

(I only mention this because I've read of several people in the forums who have logged in and all their fertilizer, or humus, or <something else> had all disappeared, and it could just be from a stale cookie or cache causing the issue). :)

Still, I'm wide-awake now. Don't think I'll need any coffee for awhile. :)
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    The last question on the survey which asks if you will play if HTML is the only offering, doesn't have an "I'm not sure"... which is my answer.
    I like this game very much, but not enough to hurt my eyes trying to "fix" the fuzziness.
    CM_Hunter said:

@Southern (US1) @paroma (IN1) Problem is known to us and should already be fixed on our side, we'll try and put the fix live with our next update and then if you could report back after that to let us know if the issue still exists that would be top banana.
    @CM_Hunter - Just to confirm - Prime Sale Popups have been working fine (for me) on HTML for the past few days..

(Boy, have they.. they seem to be popping up every 30 minutes!  Not that I'm complaining, I've bought a TON of library books from these 60% off sales.. Quit making me spend so much money!) :)

the new announcement that appeared asking to take survey on HTML does not let u answer the last question - which asks if flash taken away would u continue to play on HTML

my answer is no

when I go to HTML I lose my chat bar and game runs poorly, slow, long loading times - can't u leave both flash and html up??????

@Maggielin2085Ma (US1)

No Maggielin, they can't.  The company that makes Flash (Adobe) is going to stop making it. GGS has no control over that. So even if they (GGS) *Wanted* to support two different platforms (HTML & Flash), they wouldn't be able to.

https://www.wired.com/story/adobe-finally-kills-flash-dead/

• anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    edited 27.11.2018
    ok, so survey today wanted to know why I'm still playing flash, but the answer wasn't available.... 

In our coop, one of the ways we socialize is posting links to silly gifs and memes.... and cats, lots and lots of cats.

and we can't do that in the HTML version now.... I hope we will be able to in the future.... we have a good time with that and it's one of the few things left in the game that is fun at this point.  

ok, so survey today wanted to know why I'm still playing flash, but the answer wasn't available.... 

In our coop, one of the ways we socialize is posting links to silly gifs and memes.... and cats, lots and lots of cats.

and we can't do that in the HTML version now.... I hope we will be able to in the future.... we have a good time with that and it's one of the few things left in the game that is fun at this point.  

@anifromid (US1)  - Sure you can.

Highlight the link in the chat box with the mouse, the same way you would in Flash, then use CONTROL+C to copy it.  You can then paste it into your browser window.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    hmm am I alone when I say that HTML5 is working fine? I am quite happy with it :smile:

Cheers
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    hmm am I alone when I say that HTML5 is working fine? I am quite happy with it :smile:

Cheers
    No your not alone, i find HTML far better than Flash :)
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    So basically your saying if we are on Windows 10 and have Edge that We ourselves have the problem and have to change our Browser, instead of it being Fixed by the Game Team themselves who created the problem in the first place within the game? 
    My advice was specifically referring to the cursor issue, I have had reports from other Edge users in the past that the cursor is problematic and, for now but not forever, you may have better results for that issue on another browser. You can download any browser you choose to that is designed for Windows, such as Chrome or Firefox for example. Edge is pre-installed on Windows but you can get any available browser you like. I am not saying 'the team won't fix this at all', but rather 'Until the team can fix this, here is what we recommend to resolve the problem temporarily and we will get on repairs on our side'.

Blue Denim (US1) said:
    ...it told Me Edge was the only one it excepts
    I am fairly certain this would break some laws in most places if Windows/Microsoft didn't allow you to install other browsers. I am not sure what the message you read stated but it may have been more along the lines of Edge being optimised for Windows and working well, but not that Chrome, Firefox or other browsers cannot be used. Early in Apple's life as phone manufacturers they came into some legal trouble for not allowing users to switch carriers and locking the phones to a single carrier because it would come circumvent monopolisation laws. I believe the same applies here, you just need to head to the Chrome or Firefox website, click the download button and follow instructions from there.

@CM_Hunter - Just to confirm - Prime Sale Popups have been working fine (for me) on HTML for the past few days..

(Boy, have they.. they seem to be popping up every 30 minutes!  Not that I'm complaining, I've bought a TON of library books from these 60% off sales.. Quit making me spend so much money!) :)
    Glad you've been making the most of them :smiley: But I'll tell the team 'Southern says stop it you meanies!'
  • The cursor issue isn't specific to Edge users. I run Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit) on my Windows 10 and have it get stuck and not always change like it should. It is a matter of clicking sometimes, or hovering over a text input line to get it to change back.
    The cursor issue isn't specific to Edge users. I run Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit) on my Windows 10 and have it get stuck and not always change like it should. It is a matter of clicking sometimes, or hovering over a text input line to get it to change back.
    I use the latest version of Chrome as well, and still have cursor issues -- either the frozen fist, or it changes to the "select" line. Not as often as in the beginning, but it's still happening.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 29.11.2018
    CM_Hunter said:
    So basically your saying if we are on Windows 10 and have Edge that We ourselves have the problem and have to change our Browser, instead of it being Fixed by the Game Team themselves who created the problem in the first place within the game? 
    My advice was specifically referring to the cursor issue, I have had reports from other Edge users in the past that the cursor is problematic and, for now but not forever, you may have better results for that issue on another browser. You can download any browser you choose to that is designed for Windows, such as Chrome or Firefox for example. Edge is pre-installed on Windows but you can get any available browser you like. I am not saying 'the team won't fix this at all', but rather 'Until the team can fix this, here is what we recommend to resolve the problem temporarily and we will get on repairs on our side'.

Blue Denim (US1) said:
    ...it told Me Edge was the only one it excepts
    I am fairly certain this would break some laws in most places if Windows/Microsoft didn't allow you to install other browsers. I am not sure what the message you read stated but it may have been more along the lines of Edge being optimised for Windows and working well, but not that Chrome, Firefox or other browsers cannot be used. Early in Apple's life as phone manufacturers they came into some legal trouble for not allowing users to switch carriers and locking the phones to a single carrier because it would come circumvent monopolisation laws. I believe the same applies here, you just need to head to the Chrome or Firefox website, click the download button and follow instructions from there.

Glad you've been making the most of them :smiley: But I'll tell the team 'Southern says stop it you meanies!'
    I will try to redo the Browser again, but I won't promise anything, as for HTML I will keep checking it to see if I can use it  since the only problem I did have with it was the lousy Curser changing, otherwise not much else I can do bout it,  thanks for the info just the same. and I also did the Survey within the game, BUT the Answer I need for both questions were not even there as to why I been using Flash which is because of the Curser changing all the time, which just drives Me batty and makes Me change back to Flash.
  • Just wondering, read the Adobe Blog which stated it will continue to support Flash version until the end of 2020.  I know some players who cannot use HTML due to old computers and will leave the game when Flash is gone.  Any idea when GGS will discontinue using Flash?   Will it be closer to 2020 or sooner?   Thanks!  
    edited 30.11.2018
    Just wondering, read the Adobe Blog which stated it will continue to support Flash version until the end of 2020.  I know some players who cannot use HTML due to old computers and will leave the game when Flash is gone.  Any idea when GGS will discontinue using Flash?   Will it be closer to 2020 or sooner?   Thanks!  
    Sooner.. Much sooner. Right now in order to support both, they have to do twice the coding work, which costs them twice as much money (to pay programmers, support staff, etc.).  They'll be wanting to get off Flash as soon as possible to reduce their costs (that's just the nature of business).

You also have to take into account that browser developers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc) are going to start disabling Flash support in 2019, well before the drop dead date of 2020.

I expect GGS to switch over the HTML version exclusively within the next few months.  Probably before July, that's when Google is expected to disable Flash in Chrome.
  • Just wondering, read the Adobe Blog which stated it will continue to support Flash version until the end of 2020.  I know some players who cannot use HTML due to old computers and will leave the game when Flash is gone.  Any idea when GGS will discontinue using Flash?   Will it be closer to 2020 or sooner?   Thanks!  
    Sooner.. Much sooner. Right now in order to support both, they have to do twice the coding work, which costs them twice as much money (to pay programmers, support staff, etc.).  They'll be wanting to get off Flash as soon as possible to reduce their costs (that's just the nature of business).

You also have to take into account that browser developers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc) are going to start disabling Flash support in 2019, well before the drop dead date of 2020.

I expect GGS to switch over the HTML version exclusively within the next few months.  Probably before July, that's when Google is expected to disable Flash in Chrome.
    Thanks so much Southern for getting back to me so quickly.  Had the feeling that was the case & think the players should know sooner rather than later.  At least I can let players in my co-op know & they can do whatever upgrades they need to do if and when they want to be prepared.   
  • anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    Actually, Southern, while that method works on most of my HTML games, and on the flash version of this one...

unless they've fixed it in the last couple days, it doesn't work for anyone in my coop for the HTML version of THIS game...... which was why I posted, to let them know that it's an important feature for my little corner of the world  
    Actually, Southern, while that method works on most of my HTML games, and on the flash version of this one...

unless they've fixed it in the last couple days, it doesn't work for anyone in my coop for the HTML version of THIS game...... which was why I posted, to let them know that it's an important feature for my little corner of the world  
    Works fine for me on Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. I copy/paste directly from both the Co-Op Chat window and the Email window using Control+C and Control+V (and using the mouse just to highlight what to copy).

Where is it you seem to be having difficulty?
  • Doug49 (US1)Doug49 (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    Html is still not as smooth running as flash.  It does not load smoothly. Whenever I go to chat my cursor disappears and it won't come back unless I restart the game
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    With the current VF the lag has come back. At first it was only when a challenge was running. Each day it would get worse. This morning Lag is terrible all the time. Tried HTML Google and Firefox. Flash in Edge. Makes 0 difference lag is terrible on everything

This discussion has been closed.