Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Deep sea fishing question

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 10.10.2018
    Caught fish are not being credited as of today.  I am using Chrome browser with Flash version.  Any suggestions?
    Try logging out clear your browser history then log back in. This usually clears up most things ;) Also you may want to double check to be sure your chrome is up to date with the latest version. The HTML has been improved to work with the newest version of Chrome.
  • hogman (US1)hogman (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    I feel that since I am paying to play (buying gold) the game should work accordingly and fairly.  II don't mind it being hard and challenging. If a FMO or OMO is not filled and I have to either lose everything or spend gold, I don't think  it should not take several several days for the ablility to complete them to come about.  I don't think GGS reads every discussion that complains about something for them to investigate.  I believe support is the avenue to take and not just discussing or complaing between ourselves. I think the forum needs to be were newbies can learn the game, i.e. uncle joe's comments on how to catch fish economically. Just my opinon.
  • I am another one with no shellfish pools, none yesterday or the day before, guess this is another FHWE that I will have to skip
  • bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    edited 12.10.2018
    I start getting my fleet ready a week before the FHWE is due to start, it seems around this time there's more Shellfish pools about &, try to have a least 4 boats ready with Oysters, 2 Tuna & 2 herring, the rest of the fleet with a mix of everything.
    As a new pool arrives I collect what's in that boat & send it out after the same fish.
    A day before it's due to start I ask my Co-Op members to ghost rod my Oyster boats.
    It's worth a thought, it's been working for me

Post edited by bulubla (INT1) on

• I see you like counting fishes South ....

...... what do you make of this report?

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

I see you like counting fishes South ....

...... what do you make of this report?

@RunsWivScissors (GB1)

That's a bit.. Odd.  In order to catch 68 Fish in 2.75 hours, you would need to catch 25 Fish per hour, but you only had the equipment for 22 (and it was red, so you probably didn't use the equipment meant for a Trawler, like a John instead of a Roy or something).. Sounds like they've got a bug in the way they do their calculations with non-standard equipment. :)

Or where you referring to something else?
  • Or where you referring to something else?
    @Southern (US1)   That is exactly what I thought, thankyou!  I wanted to check that I wasn't having a brainfart lol

I was deliberately trying to catch 60/61 fish, I have no idea where the other 8 came from, it shouldn't be possible.

edited 13.10.2018
    My Level 4 Trawler fishing for Tuna, it should return with no damage (loss of fish)

Post edited by bulubla (INT1) on
    My Level 4 Trawler fishing for Tuna, it should return with no damage (loss of fish)

From your picture it shows there is a 20% chance of a hazard hitting your ship & you have only covered 4 of the possible hazards. So there is still a chance a hazard could hit your ship & you will loose some fish. To be honest the hazard protection is not really worth using.
  • Glenna2 (US1)Glenna2 (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    Why can't I fish off my farms ? I can not do quest to get fishin and hard worker. I can not use bass bait or fish
    edited 14.10.2018

From your picture it shows there is a 20% chance of a hazard hitting your ship & you have only covered 4 of the possible hazards. So there is still a chance a hazard could hit your ship & you will loose some fish. To be honest the hazard protection is not really worth using.

Thanks Data King
    I've never used the Ink Bottles to guard against Octopuses & only use protection on damage over 10%, so far I've never had trouble with Octopuses (touch Wood)

• WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 14.10.2018
    Why can't I fish off my farms ? I can not do quest to get fishin and hard worker. I can not use bass bait or fish
    @Glenna2 (US1) It looks like you have not yet unlocked your deep sea fishing region. To do that you need to complete Oleg's  26 tasks. - You can find a list of them all on this thread: Oleg's Task List  some of them are not obvious that they are fishing tasks, but if you look at the top task in your task bar, on your main farm & your flower farm, you should find one of the tasks on that list & then you will know how many more you need to do, the list shows you which farm the task is on & a picture of what the task looks like.

If a FMO or OMO is not filled and I have to either lose everything or spend gold, I don't think  it should not take several several days for the ablility to complete them to come about.
    @hogman (US1) I am not sure what you mean in the above statement, if you do not fill a contract, it should sit there forever, until you complete it or decline it, unless it is a "Limited" contract, in which case it is better not to even start those, until you have everything you need to fill it. - I definitely would not recommend starting a limited contract in the fish market, on the off chance that you will get the fish you need, because even if the right pool does appear, by the time you have caught the fish, the contract will have expired anyway.

We have been waiting a LONG time for the fishing contracts to be corrected & the team are also aware of the issues surrounding the availability of some fish, but it looks like both things are now scheduled to be reworked in the new year - Lets hope that they are worth the wait & the DSF feature and the FHWE, both run a lot more smoothly after that.

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • I'm going to stick to farming.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I'm going to stick to farming.
    Oleg's tasks are daunting, but it is sooo worth the effort. I took my time. Did a task, then ignored it for awhile. 
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    I have an inflatable boat and I want to get a new one. How do I do it? And how do you see all the boats you have?

Thanks,
    Johnset

If you click on the inflatable boat and then on 'boat rental' in the ring menu you will get a window with your next available boat, there are two others with their times of arrival underneath.  Select the available one, then send Oleg fishing.  You will get a window with several options of fish to get.  The amount of options depends on the boat.
  • I'm going to stick to farming.
    NOOOOOO!!!  Finish those Oleg Tasks ASAP, if you haven't already!!  Open Sea fishing is SOOOOO worth it; you can make tons of $$$$$.  I need a quick $30M for an upgrade, all I hafta do is either fill a few Fish Market orders or sell a handful of fish.  Highly recommended!!

fmo have request for several clams, oyesters, shrimp, tuna, herring, etc. and occassionly lobster.  Yet the fishing pools frequently have anywhere from 3 to 4 lobsters pools and can last for days.  this can cause the fmo to expire requiring gold to complete or lose all monies spent.  I know GGS is the developer, but it appears they have built in failures for farmers.
    As you are able to build up your fleet of ships and are able to empty the pools. They will get more fish and come back quicker. Watch the timed "Limited" fish contracts. Most player just decline those until they have a good fleet of trawlers built up.
    I just had a fmo that expired and I spent 3600 gold to keep from losing it.  It was not date sensitive, but the amount of clam, oyster and shrimp and zero lobster was not able to fill because of the mulitiple lobster pools daily.  a 2.5 million order is hard to let go.  it is frustrating when you are 30 or so away from filling your order and only one such pool shows up in 2 days, but plenty of (4 out of 6) are lobsters.  lobsters pools are so large you cannot empty them out.  with only 4 boats at any one pool a time you could fish for days and not empty a lobster pool. it is disproportionate.  I am not saying it should be so easy that there is no thought put into it, but there is room for improvement.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    As you are able to build up your fleet of ships and are able to empty the pools. They will get more fish and come back quicker. Watch the timed "Limited" fish contracts. Most player just decline those until they have a good fleet of trawlers built up.
    I don't decline those myself. I just wait until I have enough in inventory to fill the order. That may change once my contracts are all leveled up.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I just had a fmo that expired and I spent 3600 gold to keep from losing it.  It was not date sensitive, but the amount of clam, oyster and shrimp and zero lobster was not able to fill because of the mulitiple lobster pools daily.  a 2.5 million order is hard to let go.  it is frustrating when you are 30 or so away from filling your order and only one such pool shows up in 2 days, but plenty of (4 out of 6) are lobsters.  lobsters pools are so large you cannot empty them out.  with only 4 boats at any one pool a time you could fish for days and not empty a lobster pool. it is disproportionate.  I am not saying it should be so easy that there is no thought put into it, but there is room for improvement.  
    @hogman (US1)

You know you can wait to start the contract AFTER you have all the fish to fill it right? That "1 day" timer doesn't start running until your first donation.  So if you have a limited contract that wants 1,000 swordfish (for example), just wait until you have 1,000 swordfish, then donate them all at once. That contract can sit there for months if necessary, and the timer won't start until you put a single swordfish in it.
  • funki (US1)funki (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    Who knrw there was money in fishing??
  • I have only been fishing a few weeks but since I started I have noticed that I continualy have 3-4 pools with around 3-400 lobsters in each of them. Nearly every contract has shell fish required and there there is only one shell fish pool every other day with less than 100 in total. I have hundreds of lobsters in storage and no contracts for them. Also have hundreds of Herring and Tuna for sale. Please sort this out and put equal amounts in all pools. Considering how much Lobsters cost why are you making it so eay to fish them.
  • I have only been fishing a few weeks but since I started I have noticed that I continualy have 3-4 pools with around 3-400 lobsters in each of them. Nearly every contract has shell fish required and there there is only one shell fish pool every other day with less than 100 in total. I have hundreds of lobsters in storage and no contracts for them. Also have hundreds of Herring and Tuna for sale. Please sort this out and put equal amounts in all pools. Considering how much Lobsters cost why are you making it so eay to fish them.
    @Johnnybegood (GB1) We have been waiting (and waiting) for the fishing contracts to be reworked, then the team decided to rework a few other things in the deepsea fishing, so now, according to this announcement, it has all been pushed back to 2019. :/
  • funki (US1)funki (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    I dont get why ppl hate lobsters they are good money if needed  or u can like me stor 900K+ for a day i need money

if u have a trawler lvl 6 and load it by the 6+6 thing u need 40 lobsters and u make 250 dollar a trip selling them
  • Hello, could somebody tell me how much your level must be, to get access to the Dockyard?
    I'm looking forward to your answer!!!
  • Johnnybegood (GB1)Johnnybegood (GB1) GB1 Posts: 21
    edited 20.11.2018
    Today I find I have 5 lobster pools and guess what, I do not need any lobsters for contracts. SORT IT OUT, this game is getting [Bad language removed] stupid now.
  • Letty.liongamez (GB1)Letty.liongamez (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8,806
    edited 21.11.2018
    @Mr. Farmer (GB1)  you have to have done all of oleg's task list, then you can use the dockyard.dont think there is a level as such.
       http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/task_list.htm

[Namedrop fixed] | Wabbit]

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 20.11.2018
    Today I find I have 5 lobster pools and guess what, I do not need any lobsters for contracts. SORT IT OUT, this game is getting [Bad language removed] stupid now.
    I fear that the problem is your expectations.
    Contracts are not intended to be the only way we sell stock, they are the icing on the cake. Most of what we catch will need to be sold straight from inventory (and from which I earn many millions a week)
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Today I find I have 5 lobster pools and guess what, I do not need any lobsters for contracts. SORT IT OUT, this game is getting [Bad language removed] stupid now.
    The pools are random, which isn't equivocal to 'evenly distributed'. This is a piece of feedback we intend to cover when we make changes to the Deep Sea area next year but the exact details will be given closer to the time. I can say though that this was a key point in why many wanted to see some changes in the DSF.
Sign In to comment.