Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Missing VF Rewards & Issues after Hotifix 15/11/18

Comments

• denver (NL1)denver (NL1) NL1 Posts: 3
    same here. we did our best to finish 7th and didn't receive any gold boxes either.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

It seems crystal clear no one received any prizes at the end of the village fair, its just a matter of how soon and how GGS intends to correct this situation. They will tell us on Monday hopefully

• GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    My granddaughter is in a different co-op, they placed quite low, and DID receive notifications.
    Perhaps it's only our co-ops that were supposed to receive rewards that didn't get notified?
  • RAJ_0007 (IN1)RAJ_0007 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 6
    NO REWARDS FOR VILLAGE FAIR YET
  • Tex-2-Step (INT1)Tex-2-Step (INT1) INT1 Posts: 179

Image result for waiting images

• CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Hey guys, we are investigating this issue, who got rewards and who didn't, when, why and all the important stuff we need to know. Once this is done we will discuss any possible compensations and let you know what we will do. As soon as I have more details I will pass them on to you either myself or via our cuddly, cute little team of moderators. So far the effect varies by co-op and player but your reports have assisted us in tracking things down. Thanks for your patience everyone!
  • Was just checking to see if there is any news on when we get our rewards?  Guess not - well, well, well there is a shock! (in an alternate universe maybe)
  • Letty.liongamez (GB1)Letty.liongamez (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8,806
    edited 29.10.2018
    do we have to put a ticket to support
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    CM_Hunter said:
    Hey guys, we are investigating this issue, who got rewards and who didn't, when, why and all the important stuff we need to know. Once this is done we will discuss any possible compensations and let you know what we will do. As soon as I have more details I will pass them on to you either myself or via our cuddly, cute little team of moderators. So far the effect varies by co-op and player but your reports have assisted us in tracking things down. Thanks for your patience everyone!

@CM_Hunter

and in the mean time you are making sure the village fair is not being launched again right ?  Because the bug is still there and will happen again of course.

Up to now the event is incomplete and doesn't run smoothly, I wonder what else you need to go wrong before you withdraw it 

RE: the effect varies by co-op and player but your reports have assisted us in tracking things down. 
    In our coop  nobody received the final prizes. NOBODY !!!!  Should we all send an individual ticket ?  All 70 of us?

• CM_Hunter said:
    thanks Hunter, but what on earth is going on there? things are just getting worse and worse.  I've said it goodness knows how many times before, but get things sorted out before sending out rubbish new releases filled with bugs - why on earth is nobody listening?  Its not just what I want, its what the entire player base wants - you, yourself acknowledged that.  How long have we got to wait this time?  As long as we had to wait when all our double xp vanished? I notice it was not so long when GGS raided our stocks when the VF was messed up before - strange that.

I dont know how many times players have to say it - we are truly fed up (substitute with own words if you want) with the constant bugs, cock-up's and hollow promises that things will get better.  Fact - they're not better they are a whole load worse.  Perhaps a change of programming staff is needed, perhaps a good kick up the butt - one things for sure carry on like this and there wont be any players left.
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    We don't want compensation, we for the first time actually came 1st (in Gold league)  and worked jolly hard.  We want what we earned :(
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    We don't want compensation, we for the first time actually came 1st (in Gold league)  and worked jolly hard.  We want what we earned :(
    Exactly!
    We came first in the (yawn) bronze league and we want to be promoted :p
    As for compensation, i can live without a rainbow unicorn, although one of our members has a six year old daughter who would probably love to see it on their farm ;)
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    PCA (GB1) said:
    and in the mean time you are making sure the village fair is not being launched again right ?  Because the bug is still there and will happen again of course.

Up to now the event is incomplete and doesn't run smoothly, I wonder what else you need to go wrong before you withdraw it 

RE: the effect varies by co-op and player but your reports have assisted us in tracking things down. 
    In our coop  nobody received the final prizes. NOBODY !!!!  Should we all send an individual ticket ?  All 70 of us?
    Aside from the ending reward issue which we had this time the event seemed to run smoothly with no issues reported until the end. Once we have figured out exactly why rewards were not given we will then repair that but there are no current plans to prevent the event from running. This is also something I cannot directly control and can only give a recommendation about, and since the reward issue is one we feel we can resolve I don't feel it's necessary to recommend that course of action at this time.

For now it's enough to send in a single ticket noting that your co-op was affected at the most, as soon as we know how we will handle the missing rewards we'll provide further instructions on what you need to do to claim anything missing. In general though, if a bug is experienced it is best to report the issue and how it affects your own account. In this case it may be possible to resolve the issue without the need for a ticket from each member of your co-op but in general players are expected to be responsible for reporting issues that happen to them on their account and making sure they log that issue with support. But as said, in this case we'll look into it and provide some instructions once we have determined exactly the measures we will take.

thanks Hunter, but what on earth is going on there? things are just getting worse and worse.  I've said it goodness knows how many times before, but get things sorted out before sending out rubbish new releases filled with bugs - why on earth is nobody listening?  Its not just what I want, its what the entire player base wants - you, yourself acknowledged that.  How long have we got to wait this time?  As long as we had to wait when all our double xp vanished? I notice it was not so long when GGS raided our stocks when the VF was messed up before - strange that.

I dont know how many times players have to say it - we are truly fed up (substitute with own words if you want) with the constant bugs, cock-up's and hollow promises that things will get better.  Fact - they're not better they are a whole load worse.  Perhaps a change of programming staff is needed, perhaps a good kick up the butt - one things for sure carry on like this and there wont be any players left.
    Unfortunately it's not possible to just throw everyone at repairs and fixes and then after that everything is ok again. There will always be bugs in a coded product and we don't have the ability to divert the team solely onto one thing. We, as a team, accept the game has issues that need resolving, and we have planned in specific fix time for some of the most important issues you guys have reported over the next months, and will continue to do so next year to try and get some things fixed while also adding some new content. We have some key things in our list we want to get solved and we will bring more details on exactly what fixes we are able to put in place and when.

It's been difficult recently to get a definitive list of fixes with each set of patch notes and I feel this doesn't help you guys much since it gives you more of the feeling that it's all content, content, content and no repairs, which is not the case. It is true that some of the key things you guys have asked after aren't repaired yet but the main reason for this is that these things take time and deep dives into masses of code with multiple dependencies, meaning that any repairs can take time to complete. As said, we have some slots for fixes and we hope we can really kill a couple of the longstanding and most discussed problems.

A change in the team wouldn't help, especially not removing our experienced people for some new people who aren't familiar with the mountain of code that's amassed over the years and this can in fact cause a great deal more problems and delays in getting repairs done, since it can take time just to get familiar with what we have already before you can start diving in and making changes.

In reference to 'raiding stocks', I think it's a bit of a mischaracterisation to say we raided, though I know for many of you it felt that way and I fully respect that feeling. We only ever remove items from player stocks if the effect of leaving things in place could cause larger issues across the community. It's a bit of a stretch but imagine you woke up in the morning and found that every customer of every bank in the country was mistakenly given an extra 100,000 in their bank account. If it's not removed it could cause inflation in the economy, thereby devaluing the currency and causing prices to go up. This effect can be seen in the real world, in 2008-2009 the Zimbabwe Dollar went from a value of around 1,000 per US dollar to over 300 trillion per US dollar in a matter of months. I'm not saying the effect would have been quite as drastic in Big Farm but even though the economy of the game is 'fake' changes due to inflation and deflation are still legitimate concerns and cause issues across pretty much all players. We aim to prevent those issues, but in the case that rewards are delivered later than expected the overall damage is not so great and so we feel it's better to reduce overall downtimes and resolve the issue along with a scheduled update, where the game will be down anyway and also allow us to add the new things we've worked on a fixes to existing features at the same time.

I know you're not satisfied at this moment, I have and will be doing my best to turn that around and get more of the things you players want in the game. I hope our latest schedule of things we would like to add, change and fix was a positive post for most of you. for the things you're not so happy about, we're listening! For the things you liked, it's great to hear it and it helps us know which direction you would like us to go in.

Thanks all, you're all great and engaged and passionate and everything a CM could ask for!
  • Thank you hunter - your response is appreciated, but I do have to say I very much disagree with a couple of your points.  Try this, I knew we (the co-op) I belong to were in 1st place and would get a deco as a reward.  Knowing the size etc as we'd won one before I took the opportunity to make my farm stronger and leave space for the unicorn.  I'm now running my main farm in negative.  OK, so it doesn't affect anyone else, but for me it is an issue - running at a loss always would be.  So the impact for me and anyone else daft enough to have done something similar is quite a hefty one, and for selfish reasons, if nothing else, I want to see the prizes pdq.  I also want to see them for everyone else too for that matter - and dont and will never understand why it happened in the first place.  (the prizes were awarded at the end of other vf's so who changed it this time?)

I know there will always be bugs in code - but this many? sorry, but its worse now than ever before and the new releases (ie village fair) are the route cause of a lot of them.  That brings us back to why things are not fully tested prior to release.  

I know you are doing your best to keep us moaning players happy, but it seems like your programming teams or whoever are not listening.  We dont enjoy moaning - we just want to enjoy a game that we have invested our time, and in a fair few cases, real money in and not have these constant problems, issues, bugs and hollow promises.  We dont want compensation, we want a game where thats not needed.  

• Juitsu (SKN1)Juitsu (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 95
    Same with us, would like to have some answers. We were 1st  in our leaque.
  • Mee8 (AU1)Mee8 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 213
    We were 3rd and no one got anything :(

• eug1 (NL1)eug1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11,434
    Tnx @Hunter for your reply. I an not affected by the Village fai, at least not that I know. But I am affected by missing lots of XP, since the last update. In my report here I received the message that it would be fixed in the next downtime. That choise was made to prevent too many downtimes. I was not really happy with that choise, but I could understand it.
    Now I read here that there was a downtime for a fix after the Village fair and surprise surprise... No fix on the missing XP. You say that the economy in the game must not be disturbed too much. I understand. Bu in the last days I missed so many XP that it would have given me two levels extra, Since I get at about 22 million dollars per level up, you can understand that my economy is badly influenced. And for the time being, I am affraid I will miss lots of dollars more in the next few days. So please do something about it. And do it fast. Not just for me, but for all the others players involved as well.
  • Tnx @Hunter for your reply. I an not affected by the Village fai, at least not that I know. But I am affected by missing lots of XP, since the last update. In my report here I received the message that it would be fixed in the next downtime. That choise was made to prevent too many downtimes. I was not really happy with that choise, but I could understand it.
    Now I read here that there was a downtime for a fix after the Village fair and surprise surprise... No fix on the missing XP. You say that the economy in the game must not be disturbed too much. I understand. Bu in the last days I missed so many XP that it would have given me two levels extra, Since I get at about 22 million dollars per level up, you can understand that my economy is badly influenced. And for the time being, I am affraid I will miss lots of dollars more in the next few days. So please do something about it. And do it fast. Not just for me, but for all the others players involved as well.
    Thank You for writing this these are my words exactly - You saved me oceans of time  :D  <3

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    My coop did not get the "3 gold boxes" for being in the top ten on this last fair that ended on Oct. 27.  We were solidly in the top 10.  Was this a bug?  Are they coming?
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    My coop did not get the "3 gold boxes" for being in the top ten on this last fair that ended on Oct. 27.  We were solidly in the top 10.  Was this a bug?  Are they coming?
    see this thread: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/184923/missing-prize-from-vf/p1
  • johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    "The Garage"  (AU1) finished 2nd and nothing received either
  • edited 30.10.2018
    Blueberry Farm, Diamond league, first (or second place, cannot guarantee because nobody received notification or something and we were unable to see our position), page 79 i think. Nobody got prizes in our cooperative. Still waiting :)
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    My coop finished 2nd in the Diamond league on the Australian server and none of us received our ranking rewards on completion of the Village Fair...there was not even a pop up to say it had finished.

In all the other runs of the Village Fair we have not had this problem at all. We have always received our ranking rewards.

This time GGS had changed around the leagues & now it is evident that the majority of coops from all different server have also not received what they are entitled to, for all the hard work that everyone has put into this event.

It is quite obvious that this is a failing on GGS's part and they need to fix it by giving everyone that won ranking rewards what they are entitled to. GGS will be able to see which coops won what ranking level over all the different leagues 

• "kaalisaari" in skandinavian server finished 3rd. No prizes.
  • One other thing Hunter, you explain the reasons for raiding stocks, or whatever you want to call it, but fail to address the main point made in that paragraph.  Its not about the words used, raids, take-backs, rebalancing etc  The main point I was making is regarding times.  It always takes longer for GGS to 'give-back' what the players have rightly earned and/or bought, compared to when GGS take-away items when they have over given them - why is that?  Thanks.
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Shouldn't have to submit a ticket. 
    Shouldn't have to wait for our rewards and
    shouldn't have to deal with this bug ridden event again !
     :|  :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
  • Richie3j (US1)Richie3j (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    I as well as my CO-OP may not play your Village Fair since you didn,t give us our rewards
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 31.10.2018
    Hello again;
    WoolleyMammoths, third level, still no prize.   :(
    Am I, as leader, supposed to say something somewhere else?
  • sally2016 (GB1)sally2016 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39

• sally2016 (GB1)sally2016 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    Likewise Jan, we were placed 2nd in your league.  Not a thing.  All that hard work, hours and resources lost, for what ??  As others are saying many players are dropping out of the game due to all these bugs and constant challenges. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file