Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

HTML Feedback

Comments

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 13.09.2018
    My Firefox just updated to 62.0, there is still a small amount of lag, the icon above the MF composter was not lined up above it, but just behind the icon for the silo.  When I changed from the MF to the GF and went back to the MF the icon above the composter was in the correct position. 

The boats blue fish were also still not aligned with the boats but way up in the sky and away from the boats.  You can't tell which boat it belongs to.  Changing to a different farm and back to DSF area did not correct this problem.

The machines in the garage are still not in the correct order. 

Double clicking often to either collect or restart something.  Loading the boats by holding the shift button and clicking doesn't work like it used to.  Two, sometimes three clicks to move fisherman and equipment into the boat  is necessary. 

When looking at fish pools it doesn't bring up the info screen telling me how many, and what type of fish are available.  I have to either click on the pool, or I have to move the cursor off and back over the pool for the little info square to open up.   Same with unloading boats, often the curser has to be clicked onto the boat or move the cursor back over the boat to get the information box. 

The count down timer on the fishing boats also does not bring you to the boat that is soon to be ready for collection.  It will just bring you somewhere near the boats but not tell you which one.  I have to go into another farm, then back into DSF for it to show me which boat will be ready soon.

When looking at events in the parking lot it is slow to bring up the information box.  Changing between farms is slow loading, and the cursor often does not attach itself to what I am pointing at such as, the bubble my workers are carrying, or to collect on fields, animals, etc.

Because this is the same as it was with the 61.0 version of Firefox I am going back into my break from Big Farm, I just wanted to see how this HTML was going to work for me.

• rayray35 (US1)rayray35 (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    is there a proplem with the curser flashin and making it hard to harvest and plant

• mac11 (US1)mac11 (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    9-13-18 mouse cursor is shaky and has been this way for 2 days. unable to farm.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    yes
  • I use google chrome, the latest version, HTML does not work ..
    The game is much slower today, barely loading.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    a couple things continue:

1-the ZZZs either don't show when something is idle, or pop back up after you've planted or started production
    2-cursor continues to lock into "move" mode
    3-can't tell if things have been sparkled
    4-cursor larger than it should be
    5-description flags pop up if the cursor is anywhere near whatever it is, and they stay up until clicked on (especially when you're trying to click to change farms)

Version 68.0.3440.106 Chrome
    New issue: suddenly kicked me back to flash, and won't let me switch back to HTML, even though I'm telling it to.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    New issue: suddenly kicked me back to flash, and won't let me switch back to HTML, even though I'm telling it to.
    @artful (US1)

Your Chrome probably updated to version 69. It'll do that automatically if there's a new version available.

GGS has it so that 69 won't let you log into the HTML version. Dunno why.  You can change the User Agent (if you're savvy enough) and you can log in to the HTML version that way, but I won't recommend it.
  • rayray35 (US1)rayray35 (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    ok ty for reply

@artful (US1)

Your Chrome probably updated to version 69. It'll do that automatically if there's a new version available.

GGS has it so that 69 won't let you log into the HTML version. Dunno why.  You can change the User Agent (if you're savvy enough) and you can log in to the HTML version that way, but I won't recommend it.
    That would explain it. Had gotten a notice from Chrome that it had just updated. Thanks, Southern.
  • Flash is better than HTML5 and more stable- bet you never thought anyone would be saying that!  I am going to stick to the flash version until I start seeing other players say nice things about HTML5.
  • khoulker (IN1)khoulker (IN1) Posts: 54
    edited 13.09.2018
    This new default to HTML is ridiculous!! I play on the Edge browser, and have followed all the recommended steps to "fix" this disaster - everything cleared, emptied, re-set, and re-booted...the only efficient way to play is Flash.  Most disturbing of all is the e-mail received from GGS, stating we will not be given the option to choose much longer, and that everything will be HTML only.  That is the day I quit playing -- I am very serious!! As it is, playing on USA and Indian servers, I now have to endure logging in, switching to Flash, waiting for the obligatory re-start, and being very frustrated. This needs immediate attention - HTML is an epic fail!!!  Nobody should be expected to "play" a game that hurts your eyes and is becoming more of a chore than an enjoyment.  I am sad and disappointed. 
  • I am on Microsoft edge  flickering cursor freezing game  please don't switch till you got rid of your Bugs
    This new default to HTML is ridiculous!! I play on the Edge browser, and have followed all the recommended steps to "fix" this disaster - everything cleared, emptied, re-set, and re-booted...the only efficient way to play is Flash.  Most disturbing of all is the e-mail received from GGS, stating we will not be given the option to choose much longer, and that everything will be HTML only.  That is the day I quit playing -- I am very serious!! As it is, playing on USA and Indian servers, I now have to endure logging in, switching to Flash, waiting for the obligatory re-start, and being very frustrated. This needs immediate attention - HTML is an epic fail!!!  Nobody should be expected to "play" a game that hurts your eyes and is becoming more of a chore than an enjoyment.  I am sad and disappointed. 
    Unfortunately, the Flash product is being phased out everywhere. Once the problems w/ HTML get sorted, we should all be playing better -- but right now, we feel your pain.
    @khoulker (US1)

As has been pointed out several times, they don't have a choice.  Flash is dead.  Adobe is dropping it. Google has *already* started phasing out support for Flash in the Chrome browser, and Firefox is not far behind.  It's "move to HTML or shut the game down" time.

Every gaming company that still uses Flash for their games is going through the exact same thing right now.  There's no choice in the matter.
  • JeannieC (US1)JeannieC (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    I play on edge for my UK farms and have had to revert to Flash as cursor keep flickering and I am unable to harvest.  I also have a US farm and use Chrome for that but still use Flash as HMTL does not seem to work for me there either.
  • Shonar (NL1)Shonar (NL1) Posts: 2
    edited 13.09.2018
    Had to revert to Flash.. Because it was super slow and just barely responded and even the Flash is full of bugs.. Like my windmill saying i don't have enough stuff while i clearly have enough.. I use the newest version of chrome
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Ya mine is doing that as well, wonder what the problem with the game is this time around, seems to never end as far as problems go, gee wiz.:(
  • Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    How does people that go through puffin on there phone log in.  These people cant.  Several in our coop that uses puffin.  Please help

• Hi Everyone,

You can post your HTML feedback here, we want to know what you think as well as any bugs or issues that you come across.

WHEN POSTING ABOUT A BUG OR PROBLEM
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE INCLUDE WHICH BROWSER YOU ARE USING

Thankyou :)

kimmi8 (US1) said:

Hi Everyone,

You can post your HTML feedback here, we want to know what you think as well as any bugs or issues that you come across.

Well I use Chrome and it is Bad. All the same issues as everyone else. Not happy..

WascallyWabbit said:

Hi Everyone,

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    you need to switch from HTML to Flash (top of screen, right of happiness gauge)
  • claudee6 (US1)claudee6 (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    S.O.S. Is this game supposed to Stress you or De-Stress you? My boats used to go out but they returned empty, now i cant even load them and the only thing thats there are dead glazed over fish holes. Even my fishing line turns RED, and the workers looks like they're in fast forward mode. I'm using Crome
  • aquilawolf (US1)aquilawolf (US1) US1 Posts: 104
    Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0
    Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134      Those are what mine says in settings .  I tried again today to play HTML version had to switch back to flash . Yes cleared cache and cookies rebooted router  I am using the latest version of edge I update every time they send me a update . I absolutely will not try to reinstall Microsoft edge I do not know how to do that .     Could not play in HTML mouse flickers and flashes and disappears can not tell what I am clicking on clicking and harvesting wrong stuff    game was very slow  could not take the flashing and disappearing mouse gave me a very bad headache had to switch back to flash . Please help us.
    How does people that go through puffin on there phone log in.  These people cant.  Several in our coop that uses puffin.  Please help

@Kennetha (US1)

Doesn't look like Puffin is working right now.  It defaults to the HTML5 version of the game, but when you click on the Username or Password boxes on the login screen, the page *automatically* refreshes and don't allow you to type into the Login box(es).

That's something that GGS will have to fix on their end I imagine.

I was able to successfully log in with FireFox (on my Android Phone), but it was a convoluted process - first I had to go to the Login screen, then use the pulldown menu to "Request Desktop Site", THEN remove the "LP." from the start of the address (bigfarm was redirected to "LP.Bigfarm.GoodgameStudios.com" for some reason - but when I remove the LP I was taken to the regular BigFarm login screen and I was able to successfully log in there. Not something I would recommend to a novice, but if you're feeling spry... :)

But yeah, looks like Puffin is dead in the water right now.
  • Robert81 (US1)Robert81 (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    I play the game on google chrome and after about 15 min of playing starts lagging and freezing I have version Version 69.0.3497.92 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Robert81 (US1)Robert81 (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    I did notice than when planting what I am planting doesn't show up and at the farm lab it is not working right. I did clear my cash and restarted router. 
  • Sandy9882 (US1)Sandy9882 (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    My mouse icon jumped around, and disappeared so much that I couldn't play except very slowly.  I tried to access the forum to see if anyone one else had that problem, but my search turned up responses only in a foreign language.  Finally got help from my co-op.  Had to switch to Flash.  Now it works fine - in Flash mode.  
  • Faranth2 (AU1)Faranth2 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 318
    Installed latest version of Firefox this afternoon, tried HTML game in there.  No flickering, but sometimes needed to click 2-3 times before game responded.
    Gradually increasing lag sent me back to Chrome and Flash.

• ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    Not coming back to play game until flickering/flashing cursor is fixed; have Microsoft edge Windows 10...sorry have no idea of which version or update or either one … not even sure if my game is running in Microsoft edge or Microsoft edge HTML...thought was playing HTML always; am not very techie. All this flashing/flickering is giving me a headache bordering on migraine...so goodbye for now until all is again OK.
  • Strange that the latest news bulletin says there is an issue with the cc and thats what is causing the slow performance.  It worked fine on flash before, but now its awful.  I'm not technical at all, but dont get how the issue can be with the cc unless its been tampered with - if its not broken - then dont fix it!

Anyway - tried html5 again, chrome and i-mac - and gone back to flash again - the lag was worse than ever on html5 - chat box stops working at times, and can't access private messages without restarting the game every time.
This discussion has been closed.