Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

HTML Feedback

Comments

• i use google chrome...html makes images blurry...chat is slow and laggy.  everything is slow and laggy.  cannot load boats properly and can no longer work on my phone browser 
  • Have tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge. HTML is blurry, chat lagging, not always getting icons showing when produce ready. Keeps magnifying when I move cursor. Have tried laptop & PC. Tried reverting to flash and thats even worse!
  • RedRebecca4 (US1)RedRebecca4 (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    edited 13.09.2018
    I'm using Safari Version 11.1.2 (12605.3.8.1) on my Mac.

1. HTML is a little slow, but FLASH is terribly slow to the point I can't play.  I verified my internet speed (230 mbps) so that's definitely not the problem.  So I'm sticking with HTML even though it has issues.  

2. I'm often getting an error that I don't have enough items to...  For example, make chicken feed.  It shows I have enough corn, but when I try to click produce, I can't.  I can refresh the screen and still can't.  Have to produce less than what it shows I can to accomplish anything.  Not consistent, but at least 10 times today.

3. In the chat window and anywhere player names are listed, I have weird symbols before them.  So if I'm on someone's page and click the 'send message' button it autofills with this and won't send.  Plus it makes the chat window more difficult to read.  

4. I keep getting an error message at the top of my browser saying this page is using significant energy and I should close it to help my mac run more smoothly.
    5. I also have the fuzzy blur over everything, like many others have mentioned.
    6. Some of the bubble boxes, like for items at the organic market are larger than usual, and the item pictured in it is off-center so it doesn't completely show.  
    7. On the Candy Farm it wouldn't let me donate anything less than the full amount of everything I had.  

Post edited by RedRebecca4 (US1) on
  • kimmi8 (US1)kimmi8 (US1) US1 Posts: 2

Hi Everyone,

You can post your HTML feedback here, we want to know what you think as well as any bugs or issues that you come across.

WHEN POSTING ABOUT A BUG OR PROBLEM
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE INCLUDE WHICH BROWSER YOU ARE USING

Thankyou :)
    Well I use Chrome and it is Bad. All the same issues as everyone else. Not happy..
  • Andrew56 (AU1)Andrew56 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 879
    No CC on the Australian server either.  Spoken with my fellow team members and no CC on HTML5 or Flash.
    What happened?
  • For both Firefox and IE: typing into the Co-Op message board is MUCH faster than before, so that's good.  Harvesting is super ssssslllloooowwww!!!  It took me 10 minutes to train my dogs for the day, and I ain't taking an hour to water 50+ trees!!  Are we using a dial-up modem on the "update"???  After 90 minutes I got fed up and simply logged out.  Back to the drawing board, GGS...

• Yahoo2013 (NL1)Yahoo2013 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 67
    hallo
    allemaal leden van onze coöperatie hebben moeite om naar hun boerderijen te gaan, het werkt niet met de laptop en zelfs niet met een tablet.
    De game crasht of blijft hangen en we moeten seriële tijden opnieuw laden.
    Sommige kinderbedjes spelen ook niet op HTML. 
    Wat kunnen we hieraan doen?
    Bij voorbaat bedankt

* Je kan het spel van HTML naar Adobe FLASH Player overschakelen.

Zie HTML - FLASH button boven het spel.

Succes en veel speel plezier.

* You can switch the game from HTML to Adobe FLASH Player.

See HTML - FLASH button above the game.

Good luck and lots of fun.

• @WascallyWabbit

HEELLP!!!
    My browser has gone mad (both chrome and firefox) on Linux system.
    I am not sure what it is doing, but it looks like as it is constantly trying to switch 
    between HTML and FLASH, just causing constant flashing of the screen. I think I see  flashes
    ob blue screen (HTML5 loading page probably and) and a flashes of  question to allow a flash plugin
    (flash version). And I am stuck with it. I can  not enter the game at all. And my address line is flashing as well,
    like one page is redirecting it to another and that one back to first. An infinity loop. 

Same here ... whole evening ... i cant get in the game
    Firefox 62.0 (64 bit)
  • We all have censor issues, most of us went back the Flash, but now the Co op Championship Emblem & Tent aren't showing up?  Yikes !!  lol
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    use opera v. 55.0.2994.59

Am having a slight issue with buildings not beginning production after I click on them. They look like they start and I lose the icon, but I go to a different farm and then return to discover one odd building or field hasn't begun production. 
    Having the same problem on Firefox 62.0 (Win 10).
  • luvs2wolf64 (US1)luvs2wolf64 (US1) US1 Posts: 170
    I was already experiencing on and off lag, especially in the chat, but when I logged in today the game automatically switched from flash to html and for me the lag got worse. Like other players are saying, the cursor flickered, and it also disappeared several times, like it literally wasn't there until I reloaded. It continued to disappear after using the game for a few minutes, and the lag continued, so I switched back to Flash.
  • Uglegylp (SKN1)Uglegylp (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 3

Hi Everyone,

You can post your HTML feedback here, we want to know what you think as well as any bugs or issues that you come across.

Hi       I don t like  It is slw  my mouse i flickering and it frezzes  I use Edge    and im not gonner change it

Slow

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I am not sure the GGS Team even has a night shift of employees who can work out the problems...we may be on our own for the next 8 hrs or so until the Day Shift Team can come to work and fix the problems.
  • Sugar1 (US1)Sugar1 (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    I use Chrome and went to the HTML5, my farm is blurry and nothing is working, I have reverted back to flash!
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Didn't we get informed that if you use Chrome to change your browser to Firefox, etc because HTML would not work on Chrome?  I think folks need to try that and see how things go for them, then give feedback?
  • @CM_Hunter

I'm IN! nothing changed I went and cut grass got stung by 2 bees/wasps, can't walk with my sprained hip,  came back and hit refresh again and it loaded. I did download the stand alone flash player that @BJs (US1) posted and it loaded in flash. that said you think i'm going to try html5 when i lost 10 positions in the hwe due to hours of a blue screen and swirly circle and yet another gml to ggs doing something you're insane!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Didn't we get informed that if you use Chrome to change your browser to Firefox, etc because HTML would not work on Chrome?  I think folks need to try that and see how things go for them, then give feedback?
    No, Chrome was one of the browsers Hunter recommended per his HTML post.
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    I've just logged in for the first time today - it automatically took me to the HTML5 version - and it's dreadful! 

My cursor was flickering like mad, and disappearing on occasions, making it pretty well impossible to play my farm, so I reverted to playing on Flash instead. 

I'm using Microsoft Edge browser, on a PC, and if this is supposed to be the 'best' browser for HTML5, I hope others aren't having even worse issues!  I'm hoping that perhaps there will be a further change at some point that will alleviate my problem - but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. 
    I'm having same issue with Microsoft edge on US server as well 
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158
    The stand alone Flash player version 26 still works great for me. I'm not sure if it will stop working at some point?

• Hi Everyone,

WW, I can't be the only person on earth that still uses and prefers the IE browser, I have tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox and found them to be big data eaters (have a data limit, live in the sticks so my internet choices are very limited) any plans to include IE in the future that you know of?
    The stand alone Flash player version 26 still works great for me. I'm not sure if it will stop working at some point?
    As they will be phasing out Flash soon, my guess is yes. :)
  • kimmi8 (US1)kimmi8 (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    I use Chrome, same issues as everyone else. Playing on Flash and hope it stays until this is sorted. :'(
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    Chrome.  2 other minor issues:

The slider for horse training can be set in intervals of 5 instead of 20.  So you can use, for example, 955 horseshoes for training instead of it always being in multiples of 20.

Normal apple orchards use the "ready to harvest" image (apples are red) when it's still in production, and the "in production" image (apples are white) when it's ready to harvest.  Cooperative apple orchards use the correct images though.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

Hi Everyone,

WW, I can't be the only person on earth that still uses and prefers the IE browser, I have tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox and found them to be big data eaters (have a data limit, live in the sticks so my internet choices are very limited) any plans to include IE in the future that you know of?
    @QueenMegaB (US1)

Take it up with Microsoft.  Internet Explorer has been discontinued, they want everyone to move to Edge. IE11 was the last version of Internet Explorer there will ever be, and it's not fully HTML5 compliant - which is why GGS recommends that you don't use it, because it may not be fully compatible with all the HTML5 codes that other, more up-to-date browsers do (and will in the future).

There's no point in supporting a browser that's been discontinued. The next version of Windows won't even have it installed (Currently code-named Polaris, and is expected to start beta testing some time in 2019).
  • same here , why try to fix something if it's not broken ?
  • Farmer Kissy (US1)Farmer Kissy (US1) US1 Posts: 320
    edited 13.09.2018
    I couldn't visit competition to see what they had to compete with. I always check out other farms. Went back to flash for the better graphics. Not thrilled, but not as bad as expected. Serious lag issues and the screen and mouse pointer are jumping and making things harvest when I need to save the for missions.

I'm using Chrome.
  • Glad to see I am not alone in disliking the switch. I tried it with FF, Opera, IE, Chrome and Edge, got the same results with each of them.

Slow load, lagging play, jumpy cursor, etc.........

also the counts are off too. I cashed in approximately 1.5 million in the organic stands and it didn't register. That bummed me out.  
    same here , why try to fix something if it's not broken ?
    Flash is being discontinued universally, so they had to make the change.
This discussion has been closed.