Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

HTML Feedback

Comments

• CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Hey guys, thanks for your reports! Keep em coming ;)

We're aware of the cursor issue in Edge, we're not certain of the cause but it's on our radar. It doesn't seem to pop up in Firefox so see if that works better for you if you have the issue for now.

It would also be fantastic if you could provide your browser version with reports, we can do a lot more with that detail added than without so please do let us know which browser AND the version number you're on, it's usually in the 'Settings' or 'About' option of your browser.

Keep being stars and keep passing on that feedback you awesome agriculturalists!
  • Got one more to add - the level on the hwe doesn't work now - I'm at lvl 10 in apples but it reads level 4 when the dial/scale thingie appears, but going into the hwe screen it clearly shows lvl 10.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I don't see ability to "switch" back to flash.  I'm on edge and can't play due to the flicker... could trigger a migraine for some, I would imagine!  I'm going to end up harvesting what I don't intend to because I can't see the cursor long enough to figure out where to put it safely.  All in my coop the same.
  • Richie3j (US1)Richie3j (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    My game is all messed  The game is in slow motion . My curser is disappears  I'm using Edge 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    S-L-O-W.

In addition to the cursor issues mentioned by others, mine keeps freezing on the "fist" to move the farm about.

May or may not be related, and no big deal:

1. Farm production machines are reordered -- have to be on my toes from now on.

2. HUGE flags over Organic Market and some of the fields/production facilities.
  • I'm using Google Chrome browser and have the latest version and with the new version of HTML the graphics are blurred and takes the whole experience & fun from the game  :(:(:(
    If the problem is not resolved and there will be no option to play with Flash, I will have to leave the game  :'(

The new version really does not improve the game, it does exactly the opposite!!!
    My cursor is now rarely visible.  Can't tell if it's on cows or fields.  Totally unable to play in this manner.
  • simple -- I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL -- i have switched mine back -- THANK YOU
    edited 12.09.2018
    how do you switch It back??
    HELP! I can't see the cursor at all now.
    I couldn't see the switch button on Edge.  Found it on Chrome, then went back to Edge and it was there.  Chrome is very laggy,, but at least I can see the cursor.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Oh yes, I just noticed that another thing strange has happened with the new HTML. When I opened the garage, the position of the production farm vehicles are changed.  Please note the screenshot.  I am playing the afflicted game on Opera browser.

• firewolf (INT1)firewolf (INT1) INT1 Posts: 41
    edited 12.09.2018
    I can't even log in, its just flashing from blank to blank with notification to activate adobe flash on Mozzila and Chrome. And its like that for lik 3 h.
    Post edited by firewolf (INT1) on
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
              Internet Explorer 11 V 11.306.10588.0 Update Version 11.0.31 (KB3154070) 

Spoiler alert  ------ >( It just needed to load fully and it is great ) <-----  Spoiler alert

Defaulted to FLASH -  Loaded slow at first - Stealing an egg took so long Festus Hagain coulda caught me Blindfolded - but to my surprise it ran pretty good took a moment and I never seen the Welcome screen or the sign up bonus screans so that was weird but it played ok a small amount of lag - Cusor moved fine and behaved well - sound is present - Both timers for the crop of Alfalfa and the Silo were on spot - cursor moves slow like an old ball mouse that needs cleaning - WOWO the candy farm loaded like a champ which is weird the workers moved ok mouse still slow - harvest went well - Fishing region loaded well and played good slow mouse other than that looks good plays good - Holy moly once the screens fully loaded it played the fishing region like nobodies business I am impressed its Flash and Iexplorer and it is amazing - The cursor speed is fine no flashing and the timers are solid not all the numbers jumping at the same second hand countdown. DANG !! - It loaded the Village center like a champ all working great in flash It was very responsive I am IMPRESSED its a little brighter than in standalone flash player -
                                 Now i switch to HTML 5 -
    Impressive all splash screens loaded - took a few seconds to get it all done - I have not used this Explorer in a while the mouse is great and IronSide could not have caught me stealing an egg even if we was on a hill - all things i click seem instant Harvested the pigs and then chickens there were still piggy's on the screen when i finished the chickens - it was a blur fast responded better than my flash player - I am Serious Folks.
    I CRAP YOU NOT this is wild and I will use this to play every day either on Flash or The HTML 5 it is awesome
     It just needed to load fully and it is great Someone anyone try this and see if it is as good for you as is for me -

• e c burger (INT1)e c burger (INT1) INT1 Posts: 69
    I use Chrome....

HTML is slower than flash... My main problem is the messages.... When using it and many times we have to copy paste.. HTML does not allow me to copy paste, not with the mouse and not with the keyboard...
  • @WascallyWabbit

HEELLP!!!
    My browser has gone mad (both chrome and firefox) on Linux system.
    I am not sure what it is doing, but it looks like as it is constantly trying to switch 
    between HTML and FLASH, just causing constant flashing of the screen. I think I see  flashes
    ob blue screen (HTML5 loading page probably and) and a flashes of  question to allow a flash plugin
    (flash version). And I am stuck with it. I can  not enter the game at all. And my address line is flashing as well,
    like one page is redirecting it to another and that one back to first. An infinity loop. 

Me too. Catastrophe. Game over
  • aquilawolf (US1)aquilawolf (US1) US1 Posts: 104
    Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0
    Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134   Those are what mine says in settings    mouse flashing so bad cant play  cant tell what mouse is on because mouse disappears harvesting slow because of it and got real bad headache
    had to switch back to flash version
  • Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
    I'm sorry to hear that others are having issues too!  Let's hope that solutions will be found before too long, and at least we still have the facility to use Flash until it's withdrawn.  

As requested by @CM_Hunter the info shown in my browser settings is; Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0  and Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134

Thanks, everyone, for at least giving me the comfort of knowing I'm not alone! 
  • jelare (INT1)jelare (INT1) INT1 Posts: 121
    I found solution for blinking, click reload button and game will be loaded 
    I am online now, using flash
  • paroma (IN1)paroma (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
      The game is getting worse with time, in chrome. Really horrible lag, specially while harvesting. Cursor is going wild. Hovering over boats is not working, and taking all day for boat to load. Hwe level meter is also behaving strangely.  Many more problems :(
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 12.09.2018
     Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0
    Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134

My farm on the UK server is just doing just like yours is @aquilawolf (US1) , but when I switched it back to flash, it behaved itself and stopped having the jitters.  I think when it is on the HTML5 version, it is going through "flash" withdrawals.  LOL.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Also adding, cursor is larger than normal.
  • rozeke (NL1)rozeke (NL1) NL1 Posts: 29
    edited 12.09.2018
    hallo
    allemaal leden van onze coöperatie hebben moeite om naar hun boerderijen te gaan, het werkt niet met de laptop en zelfs niet met een tablet.
    De game crasht of blijft hangen en we moeten seriële tijden opnieuw laden.
    Sommige kinderbedjes spelen ook niet op HTML. 
    Wat kunnen we hieraan doen?
    Bij voorbaat bedankt

• I don't know if i'm the only one having this issue I have the forum bookmarked (thank goodness) but I was in game and went to refresh the page and now i'm just getting a blue screen with good game and a revolving broken circle. it's been doing this for an hour. i even restarted my computer. I normally use google chrome but attempted to log in on Edge and Firefox and i'm getting the same thing. I was trying to stay in the top 50 for the HWE what is going on?
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 12.09.2018
    Using Chrome and i-mac - horrible lag, everything much slower than before and blurry too.  Tried dsf and now cant see if fish are in the pools without clicking on the pool, hovering over no longer works - also had trouble loading the boats, shift down, clicked 3 times but it only put on 2 chum - thought it may have been me, so tried on another boat - same thing.  Clicking again sorts it, but it somehow forgets how many times you have clicked if that makes sense!  
    Same here on boats, I am using Firefox version 61.0.2.  Also, the picture of a blue fish above a loaded boat doesn't match up to the boat until you click on the boat, otherwise the blue fish is way up on the screen and not above the boat either.  So, I decided to try out some things on my regular farming.  It is slower than usual, I had to click twice on cow sheds to get them to collect.  The garage machines have been changed by their order as well.  The blue hummus maker is no longer in the top right corner, the bakery machine is no longer in it's regular position either.  It seems all machines changed their parking order within the garage.  Sure lag in all collecting and restarting in all farms.

Edit:

It is also slow to collect on anything, the lag to connect with whatever I want to collect is slow, and often I have to move the cursor off the item and back on two or three times before it will engage.

I changed back to Flash and everything in the garage is back in it's correct order.  The loading was much faster for the game as well.  I haven't collected anything so cannot comment on that part of play at this time.
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 12.09.2018

No major issues on my Windows 7 machine.

No flashing Cursor on either FireFox or Chrome.
    Chat is instant, no delay at all.
    Manual Fishing runs just fine, pretty much exactly as the Flash version.

A couple of things I *did* notice, however:

Mouseover is not as smooth as the Flash version. It seems to take an extra ¼ second or so for the Mouseover to pop up with the harvest info.

Serveral reward descriptions for the Rewards Page for the Jetty are missing - Mouseover the "Premium Liquid Fertilizer" in the rewards screen, for example, and nothing pops up.

FireFox appears to have more display lag than Opera, especially if multiple tabs are open in FireFox (such as for email and these forums).  I can't blame the HTML5 for that tho, as I *am* running an old version of Firefox on this machine. I'll retest it with my Win10 machine later today, which is running a later version.

(Already Reported) also only seeing "1 Tropical House" available in the Themed Buildings tab, when I should have around 15-20.

There definitely seems to be more video lag with Firefox than with Opera.  Dragging the farm around on Opera is nice and smooth. With FireFox, it's "jerky". Again, that could simply be an issue with Firefox 55, I'll test it again later tonight with FireFox 62. Got a few errands to run before I'll have time for that tonight. :)

(Yeah, BAD memory leak in Firefox 55.. I've watched my memory usage go from 1.2GB to 1.9GB in the BigFarm container, just from switching farms . Opera has remained pretty constant at around 450MB memory usage. Hopefully this is just an issue with FF 55).

Note: A fresh Reboot has the Firefox container down to 680MB and everything is smooth as silk again. I'll keep an eye on the Memory Usage and see if the display lag gets bad again.)
  • WHAT IS WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS WITH NEW UPDATE  CANT DO ANYTHING CAUSE CURSOR KEEPS FLICKERING OR DISAPPERING ALL TOGETHER
  • vere (GB1)vere (GB1) GB1 Posts: 20
    I use edge and my cursor is flicking so badly in the game I can't collect or play so I'm logging off . I've had enough :(
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Switch between HTML 5 and FLASH:

• Using penguin on an Ipad all I get is a blue screen, does html work using penguin?
  • I don't know if this is related to the HTML release or not I posted under the technical problems section but thought that maybe i should post it here as well so this is a duplicate and i apologize for that but let me in lol:

I don't know if i'm the only one having this issue I have the forum bookmarked (thank goodness) but I was in game and went to refresh the page and now i'm just getting a blue screen with good game and a revolving broken circle. it's been doing this for an hour. i even restarted my computer. I normally use google chrome but attempted to log in on Edge and Firefox and i'm getting the same thing. I was trying to stay in the top 50 for the HWE what is going on?
  • @FarmerALLEN7 (US1)

I know before i foolishly hit to refresh i saw others talking about this and our co op leader said you can switch from html back to flash at the top of the screen. hope that helps :)
This discussion has been closed.