Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - Village Fair: How to choose?

In the Village Fair event we received feedback that many players would be happier if the leader or deputies of a Cooperative had a bit more control over challenges being started. Here's an idea, see what you think!

We are considering adding the name of the user who starts a challenge in the Cooperative chat, but we also considered an idea to provide leaders and deputies with a new dialogue that allows them to determine when a member can start a challenge and the max challenge length they can start. So for example, you might set the dialogue so that your members can only start a challenge after 2 hours. That way, you can still be earning points while you are not available to start a challenge but you won't run the risk of having challenges started without knowing who did it and you can have a little more control (without denying your co-op members the ability to do some challenges if you are not online).

• Is it something you'd use?
  • Is it something you can see in other events?
  • How much wood does a woodchuck chuck (please also consider if it is in fact possible for a woodchuck to chuck wood)?

Comments

• "are considering adding the name of the user who starts a challenge in the Cooperative chat"

Really? Only considering?

Not a leader so I can't really comment to that part, but I would think the smaller coops with few deputies would like options. (Only 2 levels of rank is a bit thin.)
  • jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 409
    Sounds good to me.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Ability to set a max time limit for challenges would be helpful. 
  • Sounds like a good idea to me. Thanks for listening.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i think it solves a lot of problems for every kind of coop if you were to do that would it also be able to just like preset the event for the coop members to choose i mean like the whole page you see when you sort trough them if you want to i just say this because for me personally right now my coop is not really worried about what place we place in so even though the farms that only have main farm ingredients dont give out as much points i would still rather run more of them during the day so that the lower levels have a better chance to get personal points too unless my thinking is wrong 
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    edited 11.09.2018
    > "So for example, you might set the dialogue so that your members can only start a challenge after 2 hours."
    That would mean the members could only start a challenge once every 2 hours if leader or deputy not online. AND they can still start the same 12hr challenge repeatedly!

Would be better to set length of challenge allowed for each member eg they can run only 30mins challenges or up 2 hrs or 4hrs or any etc
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    > "So for example, you might set the dialogue so that your members can only start a challenge after 2 hours."
    That would mean the members could only start a challenge once every 2 hours if leader or deputy not online. AND they can still start the same 12hr challenge repeatedly!

Would be better to set length of challenge allowed for each member eg they can run only 30mins challenges or up 2 hrs or 4hrs or any etc
    i am sorry i am not trying to be mean but i think you read over a sentence in the anouncment
    "we also considered an idea to provide leaders and deputies with a new dialogue that allows them to determine when a member can start a challenge and the max challenge length they can start"
  • JenK (NL1)JenK (NL1) NL1 Posts: 25
    It is also great when you can see what products are needed in the challenge.
    And for the leader more controle about who can/may start is also a good idea.
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    Name in chat whom started the challenge - awesome - that can help save lots of time and energy - I did not see any vote for the one that says add to other Events  " Is it something you can see in other events? " yes please i have seen this option asked for many times - post in chat the name of the Starter - Also add this to other parts of the game - Often times members may start something when asked not to - this would be handy - All three are good ideas but in many cases all members think they can do better than others so I can see a feud arising. Or challenges started that have been played b4 and there they are again even though mass pm's are sent not to choose one with a GREEN CHECK still it happens. I think the leaders can and do choose whom they trust and either give them written directions or know that the person understands what is needed. 
    NAME IN CHAT----> Yes please it has been asked for many times -- Add that option to other events -----> YES add option for any member with controlled guide lines might be a good idea.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Yes, this is definitely something our Co-Op would use.

Just adding the name of who started the challenge to the chat log would go a long way to stopping the abuse that some co-ops are experiencing, as it would completely stop the Family Circus joke.

httpssafrkingfeaturescomidncnfeedzonejscontentphpfileaHR0cDovL3NhZnIua2luZ2ZlYXR1cmVzLmNvbS9UaGVGYW1pbHlDaXJjdXMvMjAxMC8xMS9GYW1pbHlfQ2lyY3VzX2h0LjIwMTAxMTI4XzkwMC5naWY

Combine that with a maximum length of 30 minutes or 1 hour that non-deputies can start, along with a ~5 minute lockout period for non-deputies, and I think it would be the most perfect solution we can ask for.
  • Something else I think coops need (totally unrelated :-)  I think every Coop should have a Co Leader in case the leader is away, that can do anything the leader can do.
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    I asked the coop to only start 30 minute challenges if none of the deputies were on and only if they thought they would contribute considerably.  Of course we didn't get a chance to test this as it broke.

• sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Also any activity that occurs should show who started it
  • TinaM1 (US1)TinaM1 (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    I like all the ideas. It gets old when you ask who started something and everyone's says I don't know, it wasn't me, or I wasn't here. I also love the idea of setting the time limit for members. 
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151

i am sorry i am not trying to be mean but i think you read over a sentence in the anouncment
    "we also considered an idea to provide leaders and deputies with a new dialogue that allows them to determine when a member can start a challenge and the max challenge length they can start"
    Oh! I did too - my bad.... <need more coffee>
  • i like both ideas, thanks!  In addition to time limits, another useful control would be # of stars, e.g. # of farms the goods will come from.
  • dcamm (US1)dcamm (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    edited 12.09.2018
    I like seeing the products in the challenge.The only thing I liked about the last village challenges were that you could actually pick the items and if necessary pay for a substitute  There is nothing I hate more than getting a 2 hour challenge with products that take 4 hours to harvest or create.  

• In the Village Fair event we received feedback that many players would be happier if the leader or deputies of a Cooperative had a bit more control over challenges being started. Here's an idea, see what you think!

We are considering adding the name of the user who starts a challenge in the Cooperative chat, but we also considered an idea to provide leaders and deputies with a new dialogue that allows them to determine when a member can start a challenge and the max challenge length they can start. So for example, you might set the dialogue so that your members can only start a challenge after 2 hours. That way, you can still be earning points while you are not available to start a challenge but you won't run the risk of having challenges started without knowing who did it and you can have a little more control (without denying your co-op members the ability to do some challenges if you are not online).

• Is it something you'd use?
    • Is it something you can see in other events?
    • How much wood does a woodchuck chuck (please also consider if it is in fact possible for a woodchuck to chuck wood)?
    A woodchuck would chuck as much as he could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    I don't think it would be very useful since in the morning (arguably the most important time to determine what challenge to run), it would always be open for any member to start a challenge, since we'd all be offline for the past ~8 hours, so any wait time would have long since passed.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 12.09.2018
    I don't think it would be very useful since in the morning (arguably the most important time to determine what challenge to run), it would always be open for any member to start a challenge, since we'd all be offline for the past ~8 hours, so any wait time would have long since passed....

...unless the limits are allowed to be set before the Village Challenge starts.

Would also prefer limits based on player level (with the exception of leaders and deputies).

For instance, regards starting a village challenge:

• Level 01-19: Not allowed
    • Level 20-39: Only 1 star
    • Level 40-64: 1 or 2 star
    • Level 65+  :  Any
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    "are considering adding the name of the user who starts a challenge in the Cooperative chat"

Really? Only considering?
    In the sense that if there is a better solution we would consider it. We wanted to get your opinions and feedback before we commit to anything specific and I wouldn't want to suggest something is coming without getting confirmation for it.

A woodchuck would chuck as much as he could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
    But what if Chuck the woodchuck would chuck wood at Chuck E. Cheese's chica? Would we wish he wouldn't wing wood? Though I accept your point, he would definitely chuck a whole bunch of wood, it keeps the beavers at bay!

Some great comments here guys, keep it up! I've already noted some of them down to put to the team. Thanks everyone, you're my stars!
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

We are considering adding the name of the user who starts a challenge in the Cooperative chat

we also considered an idea to provide leaders and deputies with a new dialogue that allows them to determine when a member can start a challenge and the max challenge length they can start

Please add the name of the player that starts a challenge to the chat activity, its simple and effective, and it doesnt require a lot of programming that might lead to bugs

The feature of adding the name of the player who starts..."something"....  needs to be implemented also in other parts of the game. It is already there for projects and research, and collection items, it works perfectly.

Please add the same feature for challenges, village building upgrades, village dollars donations, and it will make everyone happier

The extra chat restricted to some members was a failure when tested on the test server, I wouldn't want to see it  back, with all those chat boxes all over the farms

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    PCA (GB1) said:

We are considering adding the name of the user who starts a challenge in the Cooperative chat

we also considered an idea to provide leaders and deputies with a new dialogue that allows them to determine when a member can start a challenge and the max challenge length they can start

Please add the name of the player that starts a challenge to the chat activity, its simple and effective, and it doesnt require a lot of programming that might lead to bugs

The feature of adding the name of the player who starts..."something"....  needs to be implemented also in other parts of the game. It is already there for projects and research, and collection items, it works perfectly.

Please add the same feature for challenges, village building upgrades, village dollars donations, and it will make everyone happier

The extra chat restricted to some members was a failure when tested on the test server, I wouldn't want to see it  back, with all those chat boxes all over the farms

I totally agree! 

Cheers :) 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    PCA (GB1) said:

Agreed, but please note that whenever someone makes village dollar donations, it does show up in chat activity.
  • Terri8 (US1)Terri8 (US1) US1 Posts: 141
    Thank You for adding the name of who starts the VC. Now if you could give us a diagram of the challenge screen, that would really help to teach everyone how to pick a challenge.
  • Sam-chan (US1)Sam-chan (US1) US1 Posts: 783
    Can someone explain this ?

• Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 09.11.2018
    Your coop has already done this challenge at least once before, and so you can not earn the Challenge Support Rewards when doing the challenge this time.
  • Sam-chan (US1)Sam-chan (US1) US1 Posts: 783
    ah OK i was not aware a challenge already ticked could be started again
    thanks for thé info
Sign In to comment.