Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Concerns about the Village Fair

Kirksa (US1)Kirksa (US1) Posts: 100

There seem to be a few concerns besides the lag. It is very hard to choose a basket. A coop name search function would be really nice. In addition, the filter does not seem to be forthcoming as it lags, too, and I can't tell if there are no coops that fit the parameters or it is just not working. The arrow down function only moves the page 1 or 2 coops at a time, in order to change the page, you have to arrow down 4 times for each page.

Most importantly, we really need to see the contents of the Mystery Boxes so we can HARVEST our farm. Are we supposed to hold onto humus all day instead of make it consistently? Does anyone think that Essence of Lavender can be made in just an hour? This is becoming a bit of a gold sinkhole. Especially as so many of the baskets ask for the same items (Milk, eggs, apple, citrus, almonds). What good is a farming game if you are waiting all day to harvest your farm because something might be needed next (that is what we do in the CC, but at least it is not the WHOLE of all 3 farms! Are we now NEVER going to get to farm?) 

I keep looking for boxes with other items so we can harvest our farms, but I can't find them. We end up harvesting mostly the same items over and over again! Only we have run out, so now we are using gold or seaweed. This is distressing and BORING! What a waste of gold! It has made me angry.

The joy of the Village League Challenges was so leaders & deputies could plan harvests of things we knew the coop was weak on to encourage players to build their farms and it also helped us to turn over our farms so we were more productive. The Mystery Boxes have taken that away. There is no way to work around them, except to open them and publish a list of their contents. 

Lastly, I am tired of sitting on the contents of my farm. By this time in the day, we should have done enough challenges to clear and re-start most of my farm, but there it sits, what a horrible way to treat a farmer.

Comments

• i agree

i also am wondering can we be challenged or can we only challange
    we have challenges beeing started at 11pm at night ... did some1 in our coop do this or is it that we are beeing challenged?
    and if a challange is started why do we not get a notification in chat who challeged us or who'm of us started it 

and why is the game getting slower and slower everytime some1 is harvesting something 
    it is getting to the point people are running from our coop to their little private coop to avoid these game ruining challeges 

and why is it that in a 1 hour challange you get milk eggs lavender etc those take 6 to 8 hours to produce 
    why not make it so that short procucing stuff is put in short challenges and long stuff in the longer harder challanges 
    and this morning i woke up to a long challange that had to be started around 11 last night how come we need sooooooooo mutch like 350k cherry's in 13 hours? how is that even possible?
    i used a little seaweed on them and on aloe aswell just to see the % are not even going up that is how mutch we need ..... it is insane 

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    we have challenges beeing started at 11pm at night ... did some1 in our coop do this or is it that we are beeing challenged?
    and if a challange is started why do we not get a notification in chat who challeged us or who'm of us started it 

The challenges are just named after co-ops. There are no opponents so we are never challenged.
    So, yes, someone in your co-op started it.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    i agree

and why is the game getting slower and slower everytime some1 is harvesting something 
    it is getting to the point people are running from our coop to their little private coop to avoid these game ruining challeges 

and why is it that in a 1 hour challange you get milk eggs lavender etc those take 6 to 8 hours to produce why not make it so that short procucing stuff is put in short challenges and long stuff in the longer harder challanges and this morning i woke up to a long challange that had to be started around 11 last night how come we need sooooooooo mutch like 350k cherry's in 13 hours? how is that even possible? i used a little seaweed on them and on aloe aswell just to see the % are not even going up that is how mutch we need ..... it is insane 

GGS really picked the wrong word ("Challenge") for this event.  "Challenge" would indicate that you are in competition with another Co-Op (and in fact, NAMING the challenges after Co-Ops just increases this confusion).

Co-Ops are not in direct competition with each other in this event - your only "challenger" is the clock.  Your goal is to collect as much of the 4 products as you can within the time limit.  Do well, and you get lots and lots of "Challenge Points" - which raises your Co-Ops ranking in the Event Standings.

This isn't like Missions, where you're in direct competition with (up to) 5 other players.

As for how challenges get started, someone in the Co-Op has to do it, and anyone in the Co-Op can start a challenge if one hasn't just finished in the last 10 minutes (for the first 10 minutes after a challenge ends, only the leader and/or deputies can start a new challenge. If they don't, and 10 minutes passes, ANYONE in the Co-Op can start a challenge).

As for the long crops in a short challenge, I've been voicing my displeasure of that as well. Hopefully they'll do something to alleviate that problem.
  • paroma (IN1)paroma (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
    It is very boring to have to sit on ALL our harvests for forever. And it is hurting normal production very much. We are farmers, not gamblers. Besides, they should have a skipping mechanism like missions. If we finish early we should be able to go on to the next. Long products in short missions are ridiculous.
  • I so agree with you all! At about 11 pm (central time) we were suddenly in a challenge for the Brat Pack, lol. I don't know if someone was playing and OOPS!

GGS needs to put back the information of who starts the challenge and add a longer lock on it (with all the coop names moving 1 name at a time on the arrow down screen and then, not being able to see the screen at all during a challenge so you might pre-pick a coop name and also, trying to weed through all of the choices, plus as long as it takes to load, well, 10 minutes is too little time). Luckily, my coop is good natured, but in a real competition the emotional by-product of starting a 13 hour Brat Pack challenge that required 1 million milk, 872k rutabaga, 144k citrus, and 171k essence of Jasmine would tear a coop apart. Please fix this ASAP! Surely, you don't want your players rending each other over "Who started THAT challenge??"

Of course, in another way I am relieved we don't have to play the challenge for 13+ hours, lol, but I also feel bad for the player who started it. Having the player's name will clear the air and the leader can then deal with it one-on-one, instead of everyone pointing fingers at everyone else or those who are not sure asking, did I start it?

Another issue that I have noticed is the huge numbers of products. Is GGS still using the same numbers as from the Challenges that lasted a week? We tried a 3-hour challenge with a coop that was pretty similar to ours but there was NO WAY we could put in all it asked for in 3 hours. On the long crops, we can only harvest 1 time. In addition, we got horrible point rewards for our effort (not to mention how BAD the prizes are! I have enough regular chicken feed - TY!). We found that doing a 30 minute or 1 hour challenge actually gives us better points. The only problem with those is you run the risk of repeats, since you can't see the baskets. 

At this point, I have instructed my coop not to use any significant gold, special seeds, or seaweed. Impossible is impossible and should not be rewarded. So, we are just doing what we do. I may "call" this due to insufficient thought and organization on GGS's part. I am dreadfully tired of having a full farm and not producing but 4 products at a time. In fact, since this started, I have put Big Farm down repeatedly in frustration - and stayed gone longer than I normally would. I have noticed other players doing it, too. I hope it gets better soon. It is BORING!
  • only fix for this for me is to stay away from big farm till this event go to garbage ane like village challenges but need to get few reward in viking befor that this game hurt life way more than any ilegal drugs
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    Are the products randomly generated or fixed for each challenge? 
    Right now  we're doing the Lemons and roses challenge. Honey, peaches, jasmine and apple pie.
    If another co-op selects it will it be the same or newly generated products that fit the predetermined fields and buildings?
    If they're fixed we could keep track and share info on challenges  to help us all better prepare.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Are the products randomly generated or fixed for each challenge? 
    Right now  we're doing the Lemons and roses challenge. Honey, peaches, jasmine and apple pie.
    If another co-op selects it will it be the same or newly generated products that fit the predetermined fields and buildings?
    If they're fixed we could keep track and share info on challenges  to help us all better prepare.
    I don't remember whether this came from the video or from something I read in one of the help screens - but the products are randomly generated before the event and remain the same throughout the event.  Next time BF runs the event, they'll be different.
  • Goodness me - surely I cant be the only one to say I'm quite enjoying the new VF!

Of course there are issues - we expected that with any new event?  

The lag is unacceptable - no point in pretending otherwise.  

It would be a fantastic change if GGS made it that once you had got 100% of everything you could end the challenge and choose another, but I can also see the point of fixed duration.  It makes you plan more carefully, and yes sitting on crops is frustrating, but it also gives the opportunity to work on other things and upgrades.

The rewards are hit and miss - a lot are poor but then there are 3 gml's as a personal reward - which I think is pretty good!

The whole teamwork idea appeals to me and I enjoy that side of BF.

I guess you cant please all of the people all of the time, but for this 1 person, sort out some of the issues and GGS will have a hit on their hands.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    I agree , once they get the lag out , and  look at rewards because the Coop rewards are fairly pitiful , then it  should be a reasonable event .Personally, I prefer beating the clock than having to beat on a lower level player in the CC just to help my coop .
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    edited 19.08.2018
    Goodness me - surely I cant be the only one to say I'm quite enjoying the new VF!
    Never fear, you are definitely not the only one enjoying this event :smile:

Apart from the lag issues, and other tweaks mentioned by you and other players in this thread and elsewhere, it is really a refreshing change for me from the CC (which I've pretty much grown to detest).
    We are playing around with different types of challenges to suit the number of members on line at different times. When everyone's farms are loaded and ready we might do a few short, easy ones, then move over to medium ones (1 -2 hours, or even 4 hours, depending on everyone's schedule), and longer ones overnight.

There is no particular stress to complete any of the challenges that are over 2 hrs long because we are unlikely to finish them, unless using gold or purple stuff (which every member can choose to do, or not, according to their inclination).
    We go as far as we can with each one and gaining points in the process, while continuing working our farms in other areas - because there are many farm products that can be harvested and will be ready again for harvest at the end of a 2 or 3 hour challenge. So no need to sit on those items.

I'm also very pleased with the fact that challenges can be longer. While a 3 hour challenge is running I can do an initial harvest, replant, pop out to buy groceries and be back in time for a final harvest.
    No having to sit glued to the computer for harvest after harvest like with CC, getting cramps in hands and shoulders and feeling resentful about the whole thing.

And then the thing garybaldy mentioned ... it is much nicer as far as I'm concerned not having to "beat up" another player to get points.
    OR, i suppose, getting beat up by one  lol
    With the village league it often happened that we would be there patiently filling a basket and then, suddenly someone would wake up somewhere in the world and gold the heck out of that basket in 3 minutes, making all that careful, patient work (and all the sparkles given to it by fellow coop members, all purple and orange that might have been used, everything) null and void. 
    Not a happy experience.

So yes, I agree, this event has a lot going for it.

• Are the products randomly generated or fixed for each challenge? 
    mats from each challenge are same always but problem is you dont get support reward after done that challenge once
  • anyone from INT1 can tell me which 13 hour challenge got atleast 3 of this in it? apple/milk/egg/rutbaga/corn/cabbage in it please or at

astro shining got rutbaga/egg/almond/soap but im need better one somthing with milk/egg/apple and 1 seed from main farm will be great thanks
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    .Personally, I prefer beating the clock than having to beat on a lower level player in the CC just to help my coop .
    Boy, you can say THAT again!  I like to HELP others, not CHEAT them.  But in the CC's it's gotta be, "Screw you, Mac, I need the points!"  You can point out that it's just how the game is played, but I'm not built that way.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @amandaps (INT1)

Couldn't agree more. I like the way you think. :)

As for people talking about "sitting on product" for these, it's really no different than we did for missions. I'd sit on full cowsheds & duckponds for hours and hours waiting for a milk or egg mission.

My only issue (apart from the lag) is it asking for product that takes longer to grow than the length of the challenge.  Wheat, Cabbage & Cow Feed for instance, in a 30-minute challenge, is impossible to harvest without gold or seaweed.

With a few minor tweaks here and there, I too feel this event could have some nice potential. :)
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 22.08.2018
    Some if not all of the missions so far have been unrealistic in the numbers required to be gathered, the only way I could complete one of the missions so far was to gold... so I don't think I'll be paying too much attention or time to this new feature, if something I do on my farm contributes to it great and if not... not.

I think this feature is set more for level 500+ players who have their farms fully setup and not for newer players... who have no hope of fulfilling the numbers in the set time limit.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @archerbob (AU1)  I agree that some of them are not achievable but the solution is to not choose them  !!
    That is a 12 hr one, they are always huge. Start by picking 30 minute ones from page 1, they are a doddle. Then work your way up the pages, you'll soon get a feel for what's what.

Looking at it differently, we got points for everything we harvested regardless of whether we completed or not. We also got increased booster %ages proportional to what we harvested. The only thing you missed out on on that one was the chance to get into the yellow bit and increase the duration of the boost..
  • its best to stay away from 3 star challenge they want flower farm produced which pain to get without seaweed
  • @amandaps (INT1)

Couldn't agree more. I like the way you think. :)

As for people talking about "sitting on product" for these, it's really no different than we did for missions. I'd sit on full cowsheds & duckponds for hours and hours waiting for a milk or egg mission.

My only issue (apart from the lag) is it asking for product that takes longer to grow than the length of the challenge.  Wheat, Cabbage & Cow Feed for instance, in a 30-minute challenge, is impossible to harvest without gold or seaweed.

With a few minor tweaks here and there, I too feel this event could have some nice potential. :)
    well its kinda way better than mission cuz you can you can do 2 stable challenge wich usualy got egg or milk or both in them also can do thos you done already mats never changes just you dont get boost from them but you get mats you wants and best to stay away from process challenge if you dont got cowfeed/humus/fretlizer ready to collect at each morning i do challenge with 2 process point from humus fretlizer cowfeeds are great
  • Hi there, please forward this to the game developers.  I believe I have figured out what is causing game lag when the Village Fair is running.  If you notice on missions and all other events...  There is a refresh button that has a cooldown timer.  This system is very important and does not exist on this event.  Because the game is updating scores live, too much data is being sent to and from the servers, plus the game engine is needlessly doing extra calculations on the fly.  By implementing a refresh button with a 60 second cooldown timer, I truly believe your game lag issues can be resolved.  If needed, you can have the game auto refresh every 60 seconds, however just like cooperative projects, I'm quite confident everyone will be happy to press a refresh button to get a score upddate.  I am a retired software engineer with over 30 years experience and am always happy to help Good Game Studios keep this awesome game running smoothly.

Thanks.  :)

Elektrik Magnetix

• diggy4 (GB1)diggy4 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1
    The village fair is unfair as most of the goals are unrealistic even for an average to big farm to complete in the very short time span I personally felt the village challenges were better.  The coop had a better chance of meeting the amounts in a competitive way 
  • Don,t complain,don,t play it, ignore this uselrss event with his useless rewards.  Easy or ask a coop wich you know,make a circle and play against coop wich refuses to play this time buster. You win your useless rewards ,GGS are happy that someone plays this event. At the end everybody happy. Communication is the key word
  • Terra1111 (US1)Terra1111 (US1) US1 Posts: 48
    We're having a huge problem.  We do a couple of short challenges and finish them.  And then without any of us starting a challenge it goes immediately into a 12 hour challenge which is not doable at all.  A million eggs in 8 hours for instance.  Is BF starting challenges for us without telling us?  We need an option where we can tell who is starting up challenges.  And also, only the deputies should have access to start up challenges.  This is a disaster.  Is anyone else having this problem?
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Oh yes, you are not alone with that problem. My bet is that it is a member starting them and not BF. Someone that hasn´t understood that s/he can click to get to the 30 min aso challenges, but just sees the one page and hurries to click on one of them? Would be great if the challenges started with the 30 min ones!

And absolutely that the name of the one who starts a challenge is displayed in i.e. chat. So we can help/advise that person.

Cheers :) 
    hi Summer!  We have sent multiple messages to all coop members saying do not start up a challenge unless you are a deputy.  And then only short ones. And then only when people are on line to do the challenge.  Seems like the long challenges are started when no one is on line on the game.  So obviously nothing gets done and then we open it up hours later and find the mess.  And I rant about it all the time on chat and still it continues.  It started with the first VF we had and has continued on since then.  : (
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 29.09.2018
    We are trying to work together to choose a challenge. 

37 thousand Plus corn, 12 thousand honey, 13 thousand peaches(done), and 324 hummus

Only thing done is the peaches, everything else, no way.  Peaches are only done because one of our members used a lot of ferts to finish it.  This is a 2.5 hour challenge.  How does GGS in their right minds think these numbers work for any coop without using a lot of supplies, including tons of gold?  No way.  Changes need to be made, this is insane.
    hi Terra1111! Have you been in touch with Technical Help or Support about this? Knowing 100% that none of the members were online to start a 12 hour challenge and still one was started is absolutely something BF/GGS should be made aware of. Plus they will advise you whether it is known that the program runs haywire and starts challenges at times. 

Let us know what they answer, please :) 
    Good idea about contacting Support.  I just sent them a request.  We'll see if and when they answer it.  I was hoping Wascally Wabbit would be on here today, he would know right off.  If it is one our coop people doing it we need an easy way to find out how to tell who it is.  We looked on chat and there was nothing there about anything starting up.  Thanks for your help!
    Sometimes people do not dare to own up ;) Just start things and forget to write a comment at chat or simply hides (embarrased? Don`t care?).

Will be nice to hear what Support says.

Cheers :) 
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    You could note in chat you have asked help from support to tell you who started it, lol.  Maybe if someone did they will own up to it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file