Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 15th- Welcome to the Village Fair; Walk right in! - Discussion

Comments

• durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    Another trick to make us buy gold. I expected this though. All renovations of present Big Farm admin are directed towards a single goal: EARNING MORE AND MORE MONEY BY SELLING GOLD. 

And what's the reward after all the trouble we take. Of course ANOTHER DECO.

Are they block-headed? Can't they understand the simple fact that WE DON'T WANT DECO ANYMORE. Decos are just trash to be kicked away, dumped in red dustbin, and incinerated above 600 degree Celsius. 

WE LOATHE DECOS, WE ARE EXASPERATED BY DECOS. DECOS MAKE US FEEL SEEK.

• Is there a way to tell who starts a challenge? If a member of your own coop started it, or if your coop was challenged. 
    We aren't challenged by other coops in this one. The challenge is to complete the list.
    Okay, now I am confused, because when selecting a challenge it lists other coops. You have to select one to start the challenge. So effectively you are only challenging yourself, and the other coops listed are just difficulty levels?
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Ok, WHY is it everything GG comes up with lately gotta be so gosh darn complex?   WHY do I have to sit through a horribly long video TRYING to figure out how some dumb game works?

One coop I'm in started something.   Frankly I don't care.  I just farm my farm as usual.  Got some pink fert, not sure if I need that for anything.... never did before, really don't care.

Another farm, my US one, VERY active team, has not even started this.  GOOD.

My uk farm, which is the only one I run, so for them I have to come here and try to detangle this mess.
    I have a LOT of very new players who do not even have gourmet or flower farms.  After watching most of the video I know I can filter what to start. 
    So ok... I click on that side thing only to watch my farm LOCK UP! 

Rather than restart... I walk away.  Sometimes it just takes awhile, and yup.  It came up.
    Scrolling.... scrolling.... zzzzzzzz every single challenge shows all three farms.
    So I go to filter it.... again freeze.  zzzzzzz  Finally....  select main farm only and guess what.

NOTHING SHOWS UP!!!!!!!! 

I'm out.   Just glancing through the past 8 pages here as USUAL I see glitches, winnings not showing up, and yea... I am done before it even starts.    

This is just one more way to get the overly competitive types to buy boosters isn't it?
    I did notice in the video where the guy scrolls through the 100 or so "prizes" that quite a few of them are nothing but bags of feed, fert, and other stuff I make all the time normally.  So NOT a "prize." 
    And I'm sure the real prizes, deco prizes, will only go to the most competitive types.  So why try?  I play a few times a day for MAYBE a half hour at a time or less.   I won't stand a chance at actually winning anything I'd want.

flush.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Is there a way to tell who starts a challenge? If a member of your own coop started it, or if your coop was challenged. 
    We aren't challenged by other coops in this one. The challenge is to complete the list.
    Okay, now I am confused, because when selecting a challenge it lists other coops. You have to select one to start the challenge. So effectively you are only challenging yourself, and the other coops listed are just difficulty levels?
    The Coops are just names of the challenges. You aren't really challenging them, nor they you. Very confusing, I know.  Did you watch the video? That might help.
  • Angel0ne (US1)Angel0ne (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    Any time we click to see the challenges, the game freezes and get a pop up for flash. Have to reload and can't can't participate.
  • VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    So the Village Fair started and my Viking Farm disappeared.  I thought we had 7 more days to finish the Viking Farm.  What happened???
  • Thank you artful :) No I hadn't watched the video. Busy farming on my US farm and Aussie farm :)
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Challenges are named after real co op teams, but you are not competing  against them.  You really can only choose the time of the challenge and which farms the products are drawn from.  The longer times will have larger quantities to produce.
    Ok, WHY is it everything GG comes up with lately gotta be so gosh darn complex?   WHY do I have to sit through a horribly long video TRYING to figure out how some dumb game works?

One coop I'm in started something.   Frankly I don't care.  I just farm my farm as usual.  Got some pink fert, not sure if I need that for anything.... never did before, really don't care.

Another farm, my US one, VERY active team, has not even started this.  GOOD.

My uk farm, which is the only one I run, so for them I have to come here and try to detangle this mess.
    I have a LOT of very new players who do not even have gourmet or flower farms.  After watching most of the video I know I can filter what to start. 
    So ok... I click on that side thing only to watch my farm LOCK UP! 

Rather than restart... I walk away.  Sometimes it just takes awhile, and yup.  It came up.
    Scrolling.... scrolling.... zzzzzzzz every single challenge shows all three farms.
    So I go to filter it.... again freeze.  zzzzzzz  Finally....  select main farm only and guess what.

NOTHING SHOWS UP!!!!!!!! 

I'm out.   Just glancing through the past 8 pages here as USUAL I see glitches, winnings not showing up, and yea... I am done before it even starts.    

This is just one more way to get the overly competitive types to buy boosters isn't it?
    I did notice in the video where the guy scrolls through the 100 or so "prizes" that quite a few of them are nothing but bags of feed, fert, and other stuff I make all the time normally.  So NOT a "prize." 
    And I'm sure the real prizes, deco prizes, will only go to the most competitive types.  So why try?  I play a few times a day for MAYBE a half hour at a time or less.   I won't stand a chance at actually winning anything I'd want.

flush.  
    Kinda my take on the whole thing. I did start a challenge for those in the coop who might want to take part. Only problem is, all I found on the list were 3-star challenges when the video clearly shows 1- and 2-star ones. And because of the extreme lag, suddenly ended up in a challenge w/ eleventy billion peaches! LOL!
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Another trick to make us buy gold. I expected this though. All renovations of present Big Farm admin are directed towards a single goal: EARNING MORE AND MORE MONEY BY SELLING GOLD. 

Are they block-headed? Can't they understand the simple fact that WE DON'T WANT DECO ANYMORE. Decos are just trash to be kicked away, dumped in red dustbin, and incinerated above 600 degree Celsius. 

I don't know what level you are but some of us still NEED DECO.  I agree deco as an end reward is all wrong but all deco can't go by the wayside, some of us are still building our farms and need deco.  Sounds to me like this VF is another stress related play as I suspected it would be.
  • not worth bothering with !!
    you can say that again :smile:
  • Wow, what a disappointment!
    you can say this again :smile:
  • It doesn't matter what we say they do what they want..
    not really true -- they do listen to the "high rollers" -- trust me -- if they think they won't be spending gold -- they will do something -- and, i've already seen a post by one and they are not happy w/it -- so trust me goodgame listens to "certain" "gold spending" teams -- this one will be pulled and modified or pulled all together
    It doesn't matter what we say they do what they want..
    not really true -- they do listen to the "high rollers" -- trust me -- if they think they won't be spending gold -- they will do something -- and, i've already seen a post by one and they are not happy w/it -- so trust me goodgame listens to "certain" "gold spending" teams -- this one will be pulled and modified or pulled all together

It will never be pulled -- trust me. :)

I don't know, players are screaming for less stress and this is just another stressful part of the game.  If GGS wants to keep people happy they will eventually have to do something to stop the madness, right?  I hope those high gold spenders say enough is enough and it tells GGS their gold hungry games won't be accepted by not using gold on them.  It is sad they have basically left all players in the dust except those that actually use gold to get ahead. 

Seems like not playing is best for all coops that don't use gold.  But again, if VL ranks are important to the coops, then not playing isn't an option.  Just more stressful play is all I can see with this event.  I have seen a post or two about taking the lowest down the line they could and getting some fun out of it, but how long will that last?  How many low ranking ones are available to choose from?  Seems those might even run out too, forcing coops to play more involved challenges.

normally artful i would agree -- but, they pulled the village league because it was a bomb and they were not making any money off of it -- then they came up w/this disaster -- and, the same thing is going to happen -- i'm getting emails that say "oh this is great, i'm enjoying it" -- then 10-15 mins later from the same person "oh, i don't like this at all" -- so they will pull it -- they might do like they did w/the village league and let is linger -- til they come up w/another disaster -- they apparently, aren't listening that we are tired of everything being driven by GOLD !!!

I don't know, players are screaming for less stress and this is just another stressful part of the game.  If GGS wants to keep people happy they will eventually have to do something to stop the madness, right?  I hope those high gold spenders say enough is enough and it tells GGS their gold hungry games won't be accepted by not using gold on them.  It is sad they have basically left all players in the dust except those that actually use gold to get ahead. 

Seems like not playing is best for all coops that don't use gold.  But again, if VL ranks are important to the coops, then not playing isn't an option.  Just more stressful play is all I can see with this event.  I have seen a post or two about taking the lowest down the line they could and getting some fun out of it, but how long will that last?  How many low ranking ones are available to choose from?  Seems those might even run out too, forcing coops to play more involved challenges.
    Suzy -- maryw has already posted -- they are not thrilled either -- that's why i say "when brat pak" speaks goodgame listens -- i'm glad she posted the disappointment -- it's on page 7 or 8 i believe
  • Jillaroo (US1)Jillaroo (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    I think it might be a good idea to check out the coop you are thinking of doing a challenge on, then decide according to all of their farms if you think you could do the challenge or not.  Knowing who your opponent is will probably be a big help before you choose your challenge.  Well, my thoughts on the subject anyway.

@Fried Tater (US1)  I have already heard the same from another coop, so it looks like a few are probably in the same boat as you are.
    This is not the village league. You don't challenge another co-op. If you were actually in a co-op, you would already know that, LOL!
  • I had high expectations for the Village Fair - coming right after the amazing Soccer/Football Event!

But boy oh boy is this one disappointing.

Boosters you can only buy with gold!

Prizes! The grand coop prizes are worthless decos that will just be demolished. Where are the decent coop prizes? A tropical cow, a viking duck!! If you want to give a deco then it should be a worthy prize, like a 2x2 deco with 100 happiness and 50 village happiness.
    so glad to see this posting -- GOODGAME are you reading !!!

I don't know what level you are but some of us still NEED DECO.  I agree deco as an end reward is all wrong but all deco can't go by the wayside, some of us are still building our farms and need deco.  Sounds to me like this VF is another stress related play as I suspected it would be.
    OK, I admit. I too needed deco when i started playing this game.
    But now I just don't need them. I stopped needing them since i was around level 100. I am level 351 now. At this stage decos are not only redundant, they are just wastage of space. 
    Then why should I be compelled to be satisfied with some worthless deco after all the labour i put in.
    Yes, there should be option to choose from. One may choose deco, other may choose something else (like gold mining license i suppose :P).
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    Game runs fine until you start a challenge & then the normal play of game goes out of whack. Telling you storage is full when it's not, hangs up on collecting or selling where you have to do it several times & then you've sold more than necessary. Not worth the hassle
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 16.08.2018
    Ok I have been gone from the game for months now. Was sick of nothing working and empty promises that this or that would be done I just walked away after 5 years.

Decided this week to try it again. 

All week I have worked on upgrading my workshop in the village. Log on today it is all gone. My village is at level 1 and workshop locked and reset to level 1. 

Monday it was level 2 and almost ready to upgrade to leave 3.  

All I can say is this nothing has changed. They put new stuff in they claim is tested and it messes the game. 

If you strive to drive people away and tick them off you are doing a good job.  

Having the village reset to level 1 come on. How UNFAIR. 

There is NO way I can upgrade anything in my village because everything is locked saying I need a higher village level. The way you get a higher level is by upgrading. So you just made the whole village completely useless. Can not upgrade because low level, can not get higher level because can't upgrade. All it is not is a big useless screen. 
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    Have a member of my coop telling, that her dog cannot be fed anymore. It keeps barking no matter how many times she clicks on it.

normally artful i would agree -- but, they pulled the village league because it was a bomb and they were not making any money off of it -- then they came up w/this disaster -- and, the same thing is going to happen -- i'm getting emails that say "oh this is great, i'm enjoying it" -- then 10-15 mins later from the same person "oh, i don't like this at all" -- so they will pull it -- they might do like they did w/the village league and let is linger -- til they come up w/another disaster -- they apparently, aren't listening that we are tired of everything being driven by GOLD !!!
    My original post was that it will never be pulled unless a year or so has passed, like the Village League. Everyone, including gold spenders, complained from the very first and look how long that stuck around. :smile:

Have a member of my coop telling, that her dog cannot be fed anymore. It keeps barking no matter how many times she clicks on it.

Perhaps she is on labour pain. Your member is lucky. Going to have a puppy free of cost.  :D

My original post was that it will never be pulled unless a year or so has passed, like the Village League. Everyone, including gold spenders, complained from the very first and look how long that stuck around. :smile:

gotta ya -- basically, almost all of us are on the same page 
  • Have a member of my coop telling, that her dog cannot be fed anymore. It keeps barking no matter how many times she clicks on it.

Perhaps she is on labour pain. Your member is lucky. Going to have a puppy free of cost.  :D
    too hilarious -- i want my doggie and kitty to have puppies and kittens
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246

So true - but the ONLY reason it takes a year, is that heavy Goldusers still wants to see themselves on top of the list...we get exactly what we ask for in that matter.! - >:)

edited 16.08.2018
    I think it might be a good idea to check out the coop you are thinking of doing a challenge on, then decide according to all of their farms if you think you could do the challenge or not.  Knowing who your opponent is will probably be a big help before you choose your challenge.  Well, my thoughts on the subject anyway.

@Fried Tater (US1)  I have already heard the same from another coop, so it looks like a few are probably in the same boat as you are.
    This is not the village league. You don't challenge another co-op. If you were actually in a co-op, you would already know that, LOL!
    I don't need to be in a coop to know how this thing works. I have already been chatting with many different coops regarding this event, and there is the video for information, and we do have the forum here too.   I think you completely misread my post here.  You are choosing a challenge according to the strength of a particular coop.  So, by looking at the opponents farm and seeing what they each have on them will give you a better idea of how you think you might do according to their strength.  I know this is not the village league, I know you are not challenging a coop directly, but it has replaced it, and from what I gather you get ranking depending on how well you do with the challenges you choose.

OK, I admit. I too needed deco when i started playing this game.
    But now I just don't need them. I stopped needing them since i was around level 100. I am level 351 now. At this stage decos are not only redundant, they are just wastage of space. 
    Then why should I be compelled to be satisfied with some worthless deco after all the labour i put in.
    Yes, there should be option to choose from. One may choose deco, other may choose something else (like gold mining license i suppose :P).
    LOL, I agree with all here, I just don't want all deco to go away, lol.  We need those things!  :)
Sign In to comment.