Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Rewards for CC & HW Events WTH?

Comments

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571

• Allania (US1)Allania (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    You guys keep changing the game, adding new things, discovering they don't work and having to change them back or make amends - such a waste of time and rescources. You say we asked for this and that - and then play the game of the Genie in the bottle. I grant you one wish, change rewards since they have been the same for years (but they do still work mind you), and you on purpose don't change them to similar rewards or rewards of same value. No like the Genie the rewards are changed to something that isn't even a reward. Regular pig feed, 40 certificates, regular chicken feed are standard production items that even low level players can easily make and does not add value. Sure I get its something that you didn't have before, but it costs more to earn the reward then it does to produce the reward. A reward is defined as "make a gift of something to (someone) in recognition of their services, efforts, or achievements". Please if you cant make something better, and give an actual reward then fix the bugs in the game instead of wasting your time changing something that works. Also bear in mind - that not everyone can afford to buy gold, and many buy gold that they cant really afford to, but do so because they enjoy the game. Do things like this - they game stops being enjoyable, players get angry and feel cheated, and those that would have bought gold, will stop buying. Your market becomes much smaller and you will be relying on the big gold buyers to finance your game. Isn't it better to have a large pool of large and small gold buyers than a small pool of large gold buyers? Even the little guys gold adds up ;)

We all look forward to your consideration on this.

Thank you
  • I guess its all about money, but it doesn't cost you anything to make our prizes better. Use to get gold license often, but now it takes a huge amount to even get close to one. We use to do coop championship once or twice a month, now its every week? Great way to drive away players, but then again its about us spending gold and putting money in your pocket. 
    How about going back a little, giving us decent prizes instead of cow feed, or chicken feed. 
  • I'm extremely irritated by the rewards changes as well, but as I have spent nothing but time on this game, I'm telling myself to just ignore the challenges now, put in a modicum of effort but no non-renewable resources, and just focus on continuing to build my farm. That's the real draw of this game for me anyway, just challenging myself to set and meet attainable goals and try to maximize production. The rest I've never cared about much anyway and now that the prizes are crap, they're not worth doing at all. So thank you for making the game simpler, GGS. (I haven't decided yet whether or not I really mean that...)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Having just completed the Panda task I have come to a decision it is now my favorite event (on the assumption fishing hardworker rewards also ruined by GGS). After the brutality of task 1 catch 30kg bass I received 2 tokens as a reward.....4 minutes of fishing to complete this task for tokens is better than 4 days of filling a silo to get 4.6 million points for the 70 premium cowfeed.  :p
  • LEC (US1)LEC (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    edited 01.04.2018
    You know that scene in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation where Clark's boss's wife shames him for cutting the Christmas bonuses? I feel like that's a shaming that ggs requires. The last prize I got from this HWE was 40 wet pig feed. 40 wet pig feed. I couldn't believe it. It's cost me hundreds in super fertilizer and super seeds and time for 2 days to get here and what's my reward? 40 wet pig feed. Something I can make in less than 2 minutes. 

Article 23, subparagraph 3 of the United Nations Charters of Human Rights and Freedoms states: "(3) Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family an existence worthy of human dignity, and supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection." I have worked hard during this HWE and I have the right to appropriate renumeration in rewards (i.e., not the ones we're receiving right now), especially when there is clear precedent for that renumeration. Is GGS really above the UNDHR? 
  • LEC (US1) said:
    You know that scene in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation where Clark's boss's wife shames him for cutting the Christmas bonuses? I feel like that's a shaming that ggs requires. The last prize I got from this HWE was 40 wet pig feed. 40 wet pig feed. I couldn't believe it. It's cost me hundreds in super fertilizer and super seeds and time for 2 days to get here and what's my reward? 40 wet pig feed. Something I can make in less than 2 minutes. 

Article 23, subparagraph 3 of the United Nations Charters of Human Rights and Freedoms states: "(3) Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family an existence worthy of human dignity, and supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection." I have worked hard during this HWE and I have the right to appropriate renumeration in rewards (i.e., not the ones we're receiving right now), especially when there is clear precedent for that renumeration. Is GGS really above the UNDHR? 
    Perfect response!  I can only wonder what business purpose this serves for GGS and its new parent company to have made the changes in this game.  I have no clue what their books look like, what their mission statement may be and I certainly (based on observations of this game) cannot determine what their company values may be.  In order for any business to be successful it must have a customer base; provide a service that is wanted and/or needed; and do so in a way that allows for profitability.  GGS has a customer base (albeit smaller than perhaps last year with player losses); it provides a service (the game) that customers want, however I see no possible profit in alienating the customer base.

Based on previous responses from GGS we will most likely not receive an answer as to why these changes were incorporated nor will we likely see just compensation.  If GGS' intent is to do away with Big Farm then they should just do it and not continue to ruin their reputation, such as it is, by continuing to string along their remaining customers.  They have had several great ideas since I started playing (I enjoyed the first WWC) however changes and/or modifications to these ideas have taken the fun and challenge from them.  I am sorely disappointed in these changes as Big Farm has previously been a great escape from the every day challenges faced in real life.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    Whoever is making these insane changes to the rewards should be forced to play this game for 40 hours a week and let us know how they like their changed "rewards". They are obviously so out of touch with this game I think they should re-acquaint themselves in the purpose of playing these so called challenges. 
  • I agree, FarmerKar.  GGS was more in touch when CM Latten was here and actually played the game.  He had passion for the game and was very much in touch with the gamers and the gaming experience.  A tragic loss, in my opinion...
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    I agree, FarmerKar.  GGS was more in touch when CM Latten was here and actually played the game.  He had passion for the game and was very much in touch with the gamers and the gaming experience.  A tragic loss, in my opinion...
    Sad thing is, I had a passion for the game, I have time and money invested in this game and it appears they are trying to kill the game...why else would they ignore all of the unhappy players. Starting to wonder if I should lick my wounds, cut my losses and run.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    Having just completed the Panda task I have come to a decision it is now my favorite event (on the assumption fishing hardworker rewards also ruined by GGS). After the brutality of task 1 catch 30kg bass I received 2 tokens as a reward.....4 minutes of fishing to complete this task for tokens is better than 4 days of filling a silo to get 4.6 million points for the 70 premium cowfeed.  :p
    i love this

shows the utter lunacy of decisions being made of late

cant even remember the last time i bought gold, but for some reason ggs think making the game more of a chore to play with less incentives is going to make us buy more gold

(insert hysterical laughter meme)
  • e c burger (INT1)e c burger (INT1) INT1 Posts: 69
    Whaahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahaahah
    haahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

GGS!!!!!!!!  Is this your April Fools Joke?????????????????????  haahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahaha

• mmm... I think GGS is of the opinion that all players are fools and will be satisfied with every stale crumb they throw our way. Pfffffffffff.

The way GGS is moving ... (backward, actually) shows how out of touch their so-called teams and managers are.

I wonder if even ONE of them plays the game ... just to get the feel of it? I doubt it.
    They see products like normal feed and think..."EUREKA! good present for the player fools ... they will love wet pig feed!!! (hysterical laughter).

Shame on you GGS ... you really show your loyal and new players NO respect.
  • when getting something equals getting nothing .....  
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 01.04.2018
    as ive been playing thru the chwe seeing pathetic 'reward' after 'reward' it dawned on me how dumb ive been

i viewed this latest trend as ggs just after more gold purchases by removing quality items from hw events but now i get it - they obviously view cc and chwe as pretty worthless events and so attached items of appropriate quality to them in the hw section (must be that way cos you dont dress up something you value in rags)

so, im glad for the head's up ggs and shall view those events hereafter with the same disdain as you do
  • Are you kidding me niether event is worth my time or money anymore fix it!!
  • I've played this game for 4 years........."we'll take your feedback back to the team"  What does that even mean?.........I couldn't count how many times I've seen that comment from representatives of GGS......but yet, no matter the feedback, things just keep getting more and more LAUGHABLE......and our feedback doesn't vary much:  Make the Game Worth Playing for Everybody in my opinion sums it up and is always the "feedback" in most cases...........Stop tryin' to fix what ain't broke and deal with some of the things that are.........Stop taking away the players' incentive as Rusty stated above, and leave things ALONE if you're not goin' to IMPROVE them!!  We have the WAY over priced farm lab to make our premium stuff......leave it out of the reward category.......We have the windmill and watermill to make our REGULAR stuff........leave it out of the reward category.......and I, for one, also am tired of opening mystery boxes and being DISAPPOINTED!!  No one should actually "heavy sigh" every time you open a mystery box and have 50 more premium pig feed to add to your thousands of thousands you already have!!  Every player can NOT afford to buy gold very often, if at all, and the rewards are something to LOOK FORWARD to, NOT dread!!  It's a shame we're even havin' to say anything, sometimes I feel like a kindergarten teacher tryin' to explain Quantum Physics........sheesh

I CAN afford it, but I never buy gold.
    For one, it doesn't feel fair to me.
    But the MAIN reason is : GG doesn't deserve my money.
    I CAN afford it too but until GGS gives me something in the game worth buying and spending gold on I will remain a non-gold buyer. Apart from a very very small purchase when I first began playing years ago (so I can mine my first GML) all my decisions and strategies in events haven't involved gold use. I see it as more of a challenge this way so I choose not to buy gold at this time......but now I can honestly say I will NEVER buy gold because I can't imagine funding a company that makes their money by lying and disrespecting their customers.

In a few weeks GGS will rebalance the CC and Hard worker events, perhaps add 1 GML back to the hard work rewards, maybe some seaweed but much less than it was before the updates. They will claim its because of our feedback and apologize for their error in judgement then tell us how important our opinions are in the development of this game.........I really hope the bigfarm community don't fall for it this time. This has happened many times before especially during the last year where they completely ruin the rewards system in the initial update and then give us a watered down but still severely downgraded version of the event afterwards then expect us to rejoice and be grateful.......,for example deep sea fishing. The difference here is while most of us are a bit annoyed that deep sea fishing was changed we can acknowledge that it gave us a bit too much profit. Can we say the same for the CC and hardworker? Do we think the old rewards system was too generous? I for one think the old rewards system wasn't generous enough when you take into account the amount of time and resources you have to use to obtain the reward. 4.6 million points in a Coop hardworker isn't easy and 3 GML's was a fair reward for effort......can we say the same for 70 premium cowfeed? 9 million points for 50 super pigfeed? Is that a fair reward for effort?

This farce of a rebalance wasn't an accident or misjudgement, it was a deliberate ploy to tick off the community so GGS could come out looking like the heroes when they slightly improve the next rebalance of the events. I hope we don't fall for it this time or they will continue to insult our intelligence in future event "improvements". Just my opinion!

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    At the rate GGS is going pretty soon when we reach certain point levels in an event it will TAKE stuff from our inventory.

I guess GGS could take some water considering I have 3177 / 1000.  

GGS, I would like to buy some Gold, I will give you 3,000 Wet pig feed for 40,000 Gold .... in relation to the seemingly new values on the current prizes it seems like a very fair deal. 

• To get to this point and WIN 90 Chicken feed I had to spend:

• 20+ seaweed humus
    • 300+ seaweed feed
    • 200+ gold
    • 18,000,000$+ for booster
    • AND hundreds of special seeds...
    Do the maths in gold GGS!
    Hats off to you!

• anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    I can't wait for the HWE to end.  My coop is in the top 50, so we will get a thousand..... yes, a thousand points for the WWC.  That is so freaking awesome, I'm so excited.

Except of course that the WWC isn't going on now, so that prize is totally useless. 

I know...... "I will forward your feedback to the team"...... cuz they love to say "let them eat cake" when you finish reporting and they all laugh and laugh.  

I hear prizes planned for the fishing HWE include a 2 year old tic tac found at the bottom of one of the secretary's purse, a partially used kleenex contributed by the programmers, and for the grand prize, a hairball coughed up by the CFO's cat.
  • momrulz (US1)momrulz (US1) Posts: 162
    edited 02.04.2018
    well I am just thankful to the BGS team for helping me get over my BigFarm addiction.  I've spent waaayyy too much time and money here for waaaayyy too long.
    Sure, there's an addicting quality to the game, i probably won't be able to keep away totally, at least not yet.
    But I can happily slow down, just pretend like it's that old facebook farming game, what was it called?
  • 4 Hearts (US1)4 Hearts (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    I do not normally complain about anything, however, I must express my dissatisfaction for the current CHWE Hard work rewards. I usually see hard work rewards as an extra bonus to the game but considering how much hard work and how many resources needs to be put into the CHWE I actually find many of the prizes very upsetting and insulting. 

Example: prize #32 - 1,700,000 points required = 40 Wet pig feed.

Wet pig feed sells for $12.  40 x $12 = $480

That is a lot of Hard work for a mere 40 bags of Wet pig feed which can be made in 1 minute 32 seconds for $8.

Please rethink these Hard work rewards with respect to the amount of effort and resources that needs to be put into the event. We need motivation to continue with many of these events. 

Thank you
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 02.04.2018
    Giving chicken feed and wet pig feed at such high score requirements makes no sense.  Scores that can be achieved by players that have not unlocked flower farm can be rewarded feed and fertilizer, scores that can only be achieved by players higher than level 150 should be rewarded seaweed items, and silver mystery boxes.  Unless there is a plan on using building materials instead of gold for water tower, workshop and handbooks, players need gold for these upgrades.  Gold rewards should be given in reasonable amounts for reaching 100000, 1 million, and 10 million.  100 gold for 100000, 2 goldflower seeds for 1 million, and 3 GML for 10 million.  
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    We will take your feedback back to the team.

Pickle

I am sure you always take our feedback back to the team, and we thank you for it, the problem is nothing happens after that

This is an old exercise, seen it many times, there is no one on the other side to receive any comments, these discussions are a big show, a cathartic measure 

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    PCA (GB1) said:

Pickle

I am sure you always take our feedback back to the team, and we thank you for it, the problem is nothing happens after that

This is an old exercise, seen it many times, there is no one on the other side to receive any comments, these discussions are a big show, a cathartic measure 

Its not even an exercise its an excuse on the behalf of the team lol that these mods need to say every time thoes guys messed up 
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

Pickle
    And the "team" will post it on the wall and throw darts at it.
    The team will put 1 GML back, maybe a little bit of seaweed and ignore the fact this new version of the hardworker event is still A LOT worse than before......then we have to thank them, rejoice, and pretend everything is alright. Rebalance after rebalance has followed this pattern and its time we stand up and say its not good enough. Bonus points in play require the use of lots of resources....if anything we deserve even more gold than what was offered in the old version when you take into account whats needed to get enough points for this reward.
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    someone on czech forum pointed out possible reason. game had good-ish rewards and events were once a month. gold was flowing in. greedyness. events started to appear more often for bigger flow of gold. whoopsie daisie! prices are given out too often(because events are too often)... let's do something about it. and no one in that office of m**ons thinks about that, that those rewards were already spent in event, so any disbalance is out of question.
  • Another insult from GGS.

I cant see it being long before I quit and find another game. (not good game studios)

The fun is pretty much all gone for me. and if its NO fun whats the point.

Extra construction slot ? whats the point many players including myself cant afford 135million with 1 slot to upgrade 1 item, as you dont give us enough clams to catch, and the players that can affort to dont need it as there farms are fully upgraded.

Hwe is a joke i`m only taking part as is a co op event and not spending any gold or resources on it.

I`m looking forward to the non co op events so i can just ignore your junk events to win more junk that i give to gretta. 

events like these for me are not worth the effort. 

Goldfish event, a booster that starts at the end of the event when your in bed or in work.
    FHWE level 1 trawler and level 4 skip, i have 14 level 4 trawlers so thats pointless.
    HWE i have plenty of feed and water already so thats pointless.
    weekly events 5x5 decco that i give to gretta also pointless now there is no speed event.
    FF and GF events impossible to finish so i dont bother trying anymore.

Pass this feedback on to the team = sort it out or stick the game where the sun dont shine

Sign In to comment.